Modern Astrology IS "Traditional"

ynnest

with the notable exception
of asteroid afficianados of one thousand five hundred asteroids :smile:
- and more discovered daily
for example:

I understand people want to have a comprehendible paradigm to work from but if we in truth want to find out the truth we cant exclude possibilities just because we are emotionally attached to an idea or because it challenges our existing paradigm. From my perspective a more intelligent way to handle these kinds of situations is to put ones focus on the progressive mindset itself instead of attaching emotions to the ideas themselves since ideas are the results of our mindsets.

Y

david starling

I understand people want to have a comprehendible paradigm to work from but if we in truth want to find out the truth we cant exclude possibilities just because we are emotionally attached to an idea or because it challenges our existing paradigm. From my perspective a more intelligent way to handle these kinds of situations is to put ones focus on the progressive mindset itself instead of attaching emotions to the ideas themselves since ideas are the results of our mindsets.

Y

Very insightful!

Oddity

The progressive mindset, of course, is that all astrology is a fraud.

That why you never bothered with it?

Y

david starling

The progressive mindset, of course, is that all astrology is a fraud.

That why you never bothered with it?

That's the materialistic mindset, and I'm sure there were many during the Traditional time-frame who considered astrology balderdash and hogwash. Ynnest is anything but a materialist. "Progressive" is also used in the context of moving into a less materialistic mindset.

ynnest

Everyone is free to attach their meanings on my words even though many attachments contain incorrect conclusions. The progressive mindset serves to create comprehensible paradigms based on truth and not incomprehensible paradigms that don't logically hold together. Correct astrology plays a major part in that process.

Y

ynnest

I understand
clearly

incomprehensible paradigms are your preferred methodology :smile:

by the way
similarly

you are free to attach your meanings

on others words
even though many attachments contain incorrect conclusions

obviously 'correct astrology'

is

simply your opinion

You are the one who has incomprehensible paradigms as your preference jupiterasc since they can not hold ground against the Feather of truth. Just because people are playing with lego pieces doesn't automatically make it applicable on the the real world which is what many of the advocates of these models of thought believes their models does.

I know how astrology was created and its original purpose as I was there in the very beginning. My point with my posts is to Not choose lego models before the Truth which is why I emphasized the importance of aligning the creator of these paradigms which is our minds with the truth and the universal mind instead of lego models to create paradigms that are comprehensible.

Y

JUPITERASC

I understand
people want to have a comprehendible paradigm to work from
but
I understand
clearly
Everyone is free to attach their meanings on my words
even though many attachments contain incorrect conclusions.
by the way
similarly
on others words
The progressive mindset serves to create comprehensible paradigms based on truth
and not incomprehensible paradigms that don't logically hold together.
Correct astrology plays a major part in that process.
Y
is
simply your opinion
You are the one who has incomprehensible paradigms as your preference
jupiterasc since they can not hold ground against the Feather of truth.
20363591463_92f2507d63.jpg

Just because people are playing with lego pieces
doesn't automatically make it applicable on the the real world
which is what many of the advocates of these models of thought
believes their models does.
2-Two-Lego-Adventurers-Egypt-5958-MUMMYS-TOMB.jpg

I know how astrology was created
and its original purpose
as I was there in the very beginning
Siriusly impressive
My point with my posts is to Not choose lego models before the Truth
which is why I emphasized the importance of aligning the creator of these paradigms
which is our minds with the truth and the universal mind
instead of lego models to create paradigms that are comprehensible.
Y
hqdefault.jpg

muchacho

Is this on-line? Deborah Houlding has an essay at Skyscript on the order of the planets but how or why the terms got started escapes me. In contrast, the faces were a big simplification of the Egyptian decans that got Hellenized.
Not likely. And even less likely that it will be in English. If you're really interested send me a PM. I'll dig it up for you and give you the cliff notes.

I sometimes look at septiles (360/7) in a chart, and then I wonder how the 7th harmonic is interpreted in a Vedic system.

The D-7 chart is used for questions about children. It's basically an extension of the 5th house (or the 5th house on a higher level of reality). And in vedic astrology you can read a divisional chart like a normal chart, with dignities and aspects and such. However, if the question were about when someone will have children, you would normally just look at the 5th house and the 1st house (Lagna) of the D-7 chart and see what its rulers are and if there are any planets in those houses and what their conditions are.

But it is important to keep in mind that since the D-7 chart is a derived chart, it doesn't stand for itself, it has to be seen in the context of several other charts, namely the natal chart, the Moon chart (natal chart with Moon as ASC) and the Navamsa (D-9). So you basically look at (at least!) 4 different charts simultaneously if there's a pattern that is being repeated in all or at least in a couple of those charts.

It's a rather laborious endeavor but then again, if you do it the original traditional western way with all the different rulers for the 5th house, its lots and almuten, it's actually a similar procedure.

muchacho

Doesn't seem to bother you, but I feel "trolled" when someone claims my version of Astrology can't possibly work because it violates some "basic principles" of Astrology ITSELF, instead of just those of another version. Clearly, naked-eye visibility is an important principle in Oddity's version, which is fine with me, as long as he doesn't extend it to all other versions. I've noticed that when I rebut a trolling remark, using facts and reasoning, I get accused of trolling! :lol:
Wikipedia:

"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude."

muchacho

Well, the Trads (and you're a high-bred Trad yourself:wink:) are the Astrological historians of the community. I take what you know quite seriously, and appreciate the effort that goes into the research, even though I have to go my own way.
That seems to be an accurate observation. What I am missing in the neo-trad community is genuine self-confidence. What we have instead is appeal to authority wherever and whenever possible.

ynnest

I understand
clearly

by the way
similarly
on others words

is
simply your opinion

20363591463_92f2507d63.jpg

2-Two-Lego-Adventurers-Egypt-5958-MUMMYS-TOMB.jpg

Siriusly impressive

hqdefault.jpg

The problem is the spiritual source I believe you are tuning into. I have come across this specific one many times and it always seems to emanate a trigger that serves to distort the truth on a collective level and slandering the one who puts it forth by misinterpreting their messages. It is many ways a guard system of the old world order.

Don't take it personally, I am not blaming you but the system itself.

Y