Why was I rejected from my dream job?

scahm

Hi everyone,

I had recently applied for a dream position feeling relatively confident that I'll at least get to the interview stage - I had the relevant experience and the role is somewhat similar to my existing job. I was rejected without interview however, without receiving any feedback. I wonder if this horary chart could show why I got rejected so I know what it is that I might need to improve on?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 12.32.20.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 12.32.20.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 12.32.26.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 12.32.26.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 19

Chrysalis

It wasn't anything to do with you personally. Mercury (the way you came across in your application) squares Jup/Asc midpoint, so you came across to them as confident, well educated for the job. Actually i am inclined to think with this aspect that maybe you came across as too experienced, knowledgeable for the job, maybe they wanted someone to train up and start from the bottom.

Also in this chart is that the Asc is conjunct the saturn/mc midpoint, this is what has brought the rejection with Saturn in the 3rd.

Do you remember the date/time you submitted your application to them?

scahm

It wasn't anything to do with you personally. Mercury (the way you came across in your application) squares Jup/Asc midpoint, so you came across to them as confident, well educated for the job. Actually i am inclined to think with this aspect that maybe you came across as too experienced, knowledgeable for the job, maybe they wanted someone to train up and start from the bottom.

Also in this chart is that the Asc is conjunct the saturn/mc midpoint, this is what has brought the rejection with Saturn in the 3rd.

Do you remember the date/time you submitted your application to them?

Thanks, Chrys. That's interesting as it was for a more senior position but I do think that my application was strong.

I applied for the job on the 13th of August.

IleneK

Premium Member
I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think you as Mars in dignity were/are a stellar candidate in their/Sun's eyes, but that somehow you were just not quite the right fit.

Sun and Mars are disjunct: cannot see each other. I actually wonder if there wasn't some mistake made by them: like they didn't see your resume correctly, or the there was an error/obstacle in the applicant review process itself.

My reasoning is that Moon applies to a partile trine within minutes with you/Mars, so very favorable [although Moon is not crazy about the sign of Aries]. And yet at the same time, you/Mars is are just separating from a partile square with strong in dignity Saturn, which is retrograde. This is the obstacle that may have been in the way until just before Moon trined Mars.

So my kind of far-fetched response is that they may still hire you yet; if not for this job, then perhaps another where you are an even better fit?
I hope so :smile: and do please update us.

scahm

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think you as Mars in dignity were/are a stellar candidate in their/Sun's eyes, but that somehow you were just not quite the right fit.

Sun and Mars are disjunct: cannot see each other. I actually wonder if there wasn't some mistake made by them: like they didn't see your resume correctly, or the there was an error/obstacle in the applicant review process itself.

My reasoning is that Moon applies to a partile trine within minutes with you/Mars, so very favorable [although Moon is not crazy about the sign of Aries]. And yet at the same time, you/Mars is are just separating from a partile square with strong in dignity Saturn, which is retrograde. This is the obstacle that may have been in the way until just before Moon trined Mars.

So my kind of far-fetched response is that they may still hire you yet; if not for this job, then perhaps another where you are an even better fit?
I hope so :smile: and do please update us.

Thank you Ilene, I very much hope so! I was pretty disheartened to find out that I hadn't even reached the interview stage.

Your feedback is making me wonder whether it's worthwhile to reach out to the organisation for some insight - they have specifically stated that they won't provide any feedback but I really am quite baffled as how I got rejected at the initial stage.