Born the same day

Osamenor

Staff member
Suppose two people who were born on the same day have a romantic relationship. How would that affect their synastry?

Their angles and houses might be different, but everything else would be tightly conjunct and most likely in the same signs. Every aspect in their synastry would match an aspect that they each have in their personal charts. For example, if Venus was square Jupiter the day they were born, they both have that aspect natally and it's also in their synastry.

Obviously, non-romantic relationships between people born the same day, or close, aren't that unusual. Twins share a birthdate and are often close. When I was in high school, I had three classmates born the same day as me, and there was a birthday cluster, with several others born within a couple days of us. I never dated any of them, and I'm not aware of any of them ever having dated each other, but all of them were people I was at least friendly with. In a romantic relationship, there would be even more closeness... so how might that play out?

wan

Maybe Sun conjunct Sun, Moon conjunct Moon can be good, but their Mars and Saturns would also be conjunct and I am not as sure about these.

comdoc

If their Ascendants are in different signs, which affects their Planets in Houses placements--their differences are huge. Regardless of shared planet in Sign and aspect similarities. Their Moons could also be in different Signs.

Suppose two people who were born on the same day have a romantic relationship. How would that affect their synastry?

Their angles and houses might be different, but everything else would be tightly conjunct and most likely in the same signs. Every aspect in their synastry would match an aspect that they each have in their personal charts. For example, if Venus was square Jupiter the day they were born, they both have that aspect natally and it's also in their synastry.

Obviously, non-romantic relationships between people born the same day, or close, aren't that unusual. Twins share a birthdate and are often close. When I was in high school, I had three classmates born the same day as me, and there was a birthday cluster, with several others born within a couple days of us. I never dated any of them, and I'm not aware of any of them ever having dated each other, but all of them were people I was at least friendly with. In a romantic relationship, there would be even more closeness... so how might that play out?

Osamenor

Staff member
If their Ascendants are in different signs, which affects their Planets in Houses placements--their differences are huge. Regardless of shared planet in Sign and aspect similarities. Their Moons could also be in different Signs.

But what does that have to do with the synastry between them? I'm asking about how it would affect their synastry. No matter which houses they have their planets in, they've still got conjunctions between all of their planets (except maybe moon, but even that isn't more than half a sign apart): sun conjunct sun, Venus conjunct Venus, Mars conjunct Mars, etc. All of their natal aspects match each other's, too.

Sagcap88

It can work. I know two people born same day, same year. Hours apart. They’re extremely happy and in love. Been together for a long time.

It might work for some, not so much for others. Everything (mostly) is case by case in synastry.

comdoc

Synastry overlay ASC's could be different--so from each person's point of view--all those planets and their interaspects would fall in different Houses. And their midpoint composite ASC and Houses would be different, depending on which Sign each individual's ASC falls in. All of their natal aspects would not necessarily be identical: most variation possible with Moon aspects.

Signs are 1/12 segments of the space outside our Solar System (based on the Sun's apparent path through the Celestial Vault): they are "Universal" influences of characteristic (month long) energies. Houses are 1/12 (or so) divisions of the 24-hour diurnal cycle of the Earth's rotation on its axis; their influence is much more local in time and space (only approximately 2 hours long). Therefore House influences change much more rapidly--and can cause huge differences in character of individuals born on the same birthday in the same year.

But what does that have to do with the synastry between them? I'm asking about how it would affect their synastry. No matter which houses they have their planets in, they've still got conjunctions between all of their planets (except maybe moon, but even that isn't more than half a sign apart): sun conjunct sun, Venus conjunct Venus, Mars conjunct Mars, etc. All of their natal aspects match each other's, too.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Synastry overlay ASC's could be different--so from each person's point of view--all those planets and their interaspects would fall in different Houses. And their midpoint composite ASC and Houses would be different, depending on which Sign each individual's ASC falls in. All of their natal aspects would not necessarily be identical: most variation possible with Moon aspects.

And how might that affect a romantic relationship between them?

For example, if one person's Saturn squares the other person's Venus in synastry, we have a Venus/Saturn dynamic that probably affects the relationship. If they were born on the same day, and they've got a Venus/Saturn square in synastry, that means they both have the same Venus/Saturn square in their own natal charts, too. And, it's not the more usual case of "his Saturn squares my Venus (but not the other way around)." They're both squaring each other in the exact same way. Different houses may be involved for each of them, but that dynamic is still there for both.

comdoc

No, they are not necessarily squaring each other in exactly the same way. For example, Aries rising male has 3H Venus in Taurus squaring 6H Saturn in Leo. Gemini rising female born with 10H Taurus Venus squaring 1H Leo Saturn. Male has cadent Venus and Saturn. Female has angular Venus and Saturn. The Venus Saturn square is weaker for the male, and much stronger for the female. Male has an easier time dealing with Venus-Saturn square than the female, who has a more difficult challenge integrating the Venus-Saturn square. Male has a clear advantage in romantic relationship.

And how might that affect a romantic relationship between them?

For example, if one person's Saturn squares the other person's Venus in synastry, we have a Venus/Saturn dynamic that probably affects the relationship. If they were born on the same day, and they've got a Venus/Saturn square in synastry, that means they both have the same Venus/Saturn square in their own natal charts, too. And, it's not the more usual case of "his Saturn squares my Venus (but not the other way around)." They're both squaring each other in the exact same way. Different houses may be involved for each of them, but that dynamic is still there for both.