Should I go to Law School?

laureate

Hello!

I'm a newbie here. Since I started to learn astrology one month ago, I found myself quite into it. Now I'm about to graduate from college and facing a dilemma, should I go to American Law School or do something else?

Since I have a Aquarius Asc. and a Gemini Sun, I've got a bunch of hobbies, but frankly, I never concerntrate on any of them. I'm a quick learner and usually have sparkling ideas. I'm quite involved in students' groups and good at socializing with people .

I'm gonna graduate this July. My parents suggested me to go to U.S. Law schools after graduation, but I haven't made up my mind whether I should still studying law (my undergrad major) or find another job first. I don't like law major quite much, neither did my chart suggested any indications to be a lawyer. What I'm intersted in is banking, ,marketing even advertising. I also wish to be a part-time astrologer:)

Could you give me some suggestions or workaround methods on this? What kind of job should I pick? I'll reply ASAP.

Valerie

[Because you are a recent student of astrology and still not able to interprete charts I moved thread to Greenhorns Lounge. Moderator.]

Attachments

• valerie wang' chart.gif
    valerie wang' chart.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Hello Valerie, first of all, welcome to this Forum! I hope you will learn a lot here and much lateron be able to interprete your own chart:)
Secondly, I noticed that you did not erase your name and birthplace from this chart (you can do this in astro.com). This forum is public and can be seen by the whole world. Maybe you would like to post a new birthchart without your personal information? We always advice our new members to do this for safety and privacy reasons.

I must go now, but will be back later. Please visit our Education Forum where you can read everything on how to interprete a natal chart. (on top of the Forum Jump dropdown list somewhere).

Cheers, Starlink

wilsontc

Staff member
Marketing, to laureate

Valerie,

What I'm intersted in is banking, ,marketing even advertising...Could you give me some suggestions or workaround methods on this? What kind of job should I pick?

You have an Easy Opposition between :pluto: (other people's money) and (energy is excited by) :venus: (your own money) focused on :neptune: (spirituality, also illusion). This does not go well with a banker, who is expected to have no "illusions" about money, but it does go well with marketing, where making money is all about selling "illusions" to customers. :pluto: is in the "marketing" astrological house and :venus: is in the "sales" astrological house, so this is another indication of marketing. You do have :northnode: focused in the house of your own money, so making money will be very important to you in your job. And :jupiter: (planet associated with the "marketing" house) is also in the house of your own money, further indicating marketing as a "way to go"! :)

Career marketing,

Tim

Lin

Re: Marketing, to laureate

Valerie,
You have a powerful chart. You are extremely intellegent and can be a success at whatever you want.
Besides the question, 'what do YOU want?' which someone asked, you need to realize that the best time to on with higher education is always NOW if possible, and if the transits are at all fruitful.

Even if you don't want to be an attorney, which you probably won't know for a long time even while in law school, a Law Degree is extremely valuable all over the world in many areas of work.

Both transit Pluto and transit Jupiter are very encouraging in the area of additional education. If you really can't see your way clear to beginning law study, please don't get a job. Go on with your education as far as you can for as long as you can. Your chart shows that as time goes on and you mature, you will be really glad that you continued your education, no matter what the area of study is. Especially today, with so many needs our planet has for intellegent, competent, farseeing, idealistic professionals....and you are both practical and farseeing, and if I'm not mistaken, idealistic too.

And of course it won't hurt financially to go farther in school....eventually the economy changes and well educated people make more money and that will satisfy your Venus and Moon positions in Taurus.

LIN

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
Your classical chart with whole sign houses shows someone who will do very well as an attorney. Libra is the 9th house of the law and lawyers, and Venus which rules this house is very strong in its favorite domicile of Taurus. Venus is also conjunct the Moon which increases its powers.

Mars rules your tenth house of occupation. It is disposed by the Moon and the Moon beholds it. This will give you all the initiative you require. Mercury is in its own domicile and the fifth house. This is a position of both intellegence and good luck in this or what ever other work you should choose.

Finally Jupiter rules both your second and eleventh house. Indicating that you will be very prosperous if you take up the law. This is a classical interpretation of your chart.

laureate

Thank you for all the careful and prompt replies. I feel I'm a outer-planet person, for uranus, pluto and neptune are all strong in my natal chart.

Like Jenna said, I'm creative as well as restless. In my friends' eyes, I'm smart,but rebellious. Uranus is posed in the 11th house, which enhanced the uranusian character. But the uranusian influence are twofold, creative and rebellious. How will a 11th house uranus influence people? Positive or negative?

Uranus opp Mercury: I usually have strange ideas or different perspectives while discussing. I also like to play tricks on someone whithout annoying them. I feel the opposition brings much more positive influence.

Pluto also brings tremendous influence in my chart. Pluto opp Moon is an indication of bad mother-daughter relation. My mother and I have totally different characters. I'm a quite independent girl. I love travelling, talking with people of different backgrounds, read sci-fi as well as philosophy. But my mother is a quite traditional chinese woman who wishes me to find a decent job then marry a nice guy. I guess I refused to go to law school after graduation is partly due to a subconcious of breaking away from the family's influence. I feel the relation between my mother and I is like a tug of war. Pluto opp Venus: I'm quite critical in love. I'm searching for vibes in a relation. I won't pay a bit of attention to a guy who didn't understand what I'm talking about. Also I wish to be in control in a relationship. But the reality is my boyfriend has an unaspected Scorpio venus in the 8th house. lol

In addtion to Uranus, the other planet I love is Mercury. Although the Aquarius Asc. and Gemini Mercury made me sometimes restless and lack of concentration, I still think this placement made me outstanding. I'm not as hardworking as my conterparts, but I can easily memorizing things and come up with astonishing stuff.

There's a question, I find my 12th house ruler in the 10th, opposing mercury, the 5th house ruler, does that mean I'll have to choose between career and love?

Thank you for your suggestions concerning going to law school. I'm actually doing well in my undergraduate law major. Moreover, I've competed in International Moot Court competition such as JESSUP on the behalf of my law school. Maybe I'll continue my graduate studies in law, but now, I'd like to try something different. For example, I'd like to work in an NGO or something, or work in a company doing marketing.

I've exchanged to the U.S. once and I found myself much more diligent comparing to while I'm in China. After I checked the relocation chart, I understand the reason.

I'll post my relocation chart below.

THANKS AGAIN:)

Valerie

Attachments

• valerie wang relocation.gif
    valerie wang relocation.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

laureate

Thank you for your reply, Jenna. But the chart I pasted in the last post was my "relocation chart". My natal chart is on the top. Saturn is my 10th house, opposing mercury in the 5th house.

Last edited:

Lin

Valerie,
Either way you look at it, using either chart, getting an advanced degree is what the universe obviously wants for you.
If you waste time going to work now, just to fulfill a Geminian urge, you will regret it.

And the fact that your mother wants you to go to law school should have nothing to do with your decisions....it's your life. BUT if you don't continue your education you will have missed something important in your life.

You can have marriage and a career. You are young. You have the chart of a person with a career, and the possibility of marriage also. Maybe you are just too young to perceive the power of higher education. But I would think that since you have already put so much into education (invested in it) you would not want to take the chance of "blowing it."
And by the way, it's Uranus opposition Mercury-Mars. Uranus opposes both planets. And how it operates depends upon what you are doing, how old you are at any given time, and the transits to Uranus and also to Merc-Mars at that time.
However, you are going to have to 'work' at sticking to one thing through. I hope you don't have a fear of success.
LIN

Last edited:

laureate

Great Thanks for your suggestion, Lin. I'm not as hesitated as a couple of days ago. I'm considering earn a degree next year in a good law school in the U.S. It's just my own decision, not a compromise to my mum's advice :) Resisist the negative influence of uranus is a bit hard, and in my chart, there's not enough "earth".