Meaning of Uranus conjunct Neptune in 1st house

LeoJeo

How would this effect a persons sense of self having these 2 energies intermingling with each other? What about their appearance?

martinbd

I think it depends also on sign. But in general connection in between Neptune and Uranus can give sudden chaos in self, but also sudden insight in to the dreams or unconscious or other worlds.

Frisiangal

How would this effect a persons sense of self having these 2 energies intermingling with each other? What about their appearance?

The conjunction occured in Capricorn. A person could have either Sagittarius or Capricorn rising, with the aspect 'in' the 1st house.

One of the functions within Uranus is about 'following the trend of the day'; with Neptune about ' fads and fashion of the day'.

Put the two together and you get those thousands of copycat youngsters who hide themselves behind a 'hoodie', thus losing their individual identity . If you cant see their faces, how can it ever be possible to describe their appearance!:biggrin::biggrin:

mutableflame

The conjunction occured in Capricorn. A person could have either Sagittarius or Capricorn rising, with the aspect 'in' the 1st house.

One of the functions within Uranus is about 'following the trend of the day'; with Neptune about ' fads and fashion of the day'.

Put the two together and you get those thousands of copycat youngsters who hide themselves behind a 'hoodie', thus losing their individual identity . If you cant see their faces, how can it ever be possible to describe their appearance!:biggrin::biggrin:

Yes. I'd add that the person may have some issues understanding the kind or quality of role they should play.. This could even be on a gender level. Either way there will be something odd or socially uncoventional about thow the person comes across.. mixed with a sensitivity or inability to firmly establish a sense of "Outer-Self" without relying upon a facade of some kind. In a sign like Capricorn this could be rather unsettling as it disperses the fortitude of it's 'armor'.

mdinaz

Generally people with Uranus on the ASC are magnetic, charismatic, unusual in some way that people find exciting (this doesn't mean they ACTUALLY ARE, but that is how they come across). Add Neptune and they can be mysterious and nobody really knows them. Combine the two and it might just come across as fascinatingly weird.

greybeard

Uranus conjuncts Neptune only every 171 years (1136, 1307, 1478, 1649,1821, 1992), so we shouldn't have too much confusion about signs here. The conjunction regresses about 16 degrees through the zodiac with each occurrence (1992, 19 Capricorn; 1891, 3 Capricorn; 111 AD, 21 Cancer, 60BC [12 cycles from 1992] 5 Cancer)....

12x16=192: 289 (19 Capricorn) -192=97 (7 Cancer)

With the 1478 conjunction the Age of Discovery begins...the conjunction takes place in Sagittarius (expansion, foreign lands --Bartolomeo Diaz, Christopher Columbus); in early Capricorn in 1821, the Industrial Revolution comes along and changes the structure of civilization; in 1992, the Computer Age kicks in, with its very deep changes in our technological and social fabric. Seen in this way, Uranus and Neptune are Collective planets; they depict the social background in which anyone born during the period will necessarily operate. And of course, each of these planets also has very noticeable effects on the individual apart from its collective-generational meaning. Society as a whole is an organism, and each individual is an organism. The effects of planets are seen at each organic level.

The first conjunction of these two planets in the present Great Cycle of Uranus-Neptune occurred on 26 March 919 BC in the 9th Degree of Aries. Jupiter, Uranus, Mercury and Neptune were clustered between 6 and 9 Aries. The next Great Cycle will begin in 2681, when the two planets meet in the Last Degree of Pisces (less than 15' from the cusp of Aries).

Notice that the first conjunction in the present Great Cycle corresponds roughly with the emergence of "Civilization"...this is a 3500-year evolutionary cycle. The use of iron, the introduction of the wheel, the beginnings of astronomy and land surveying (with the concomitant development of mathematics), writing, the development of stratified societies, etc., all began in the period around 1000 BC more or less independently in the valleys of the Yangtse, the Indus, the Euphrates.

Last edited:

aubbb77

I have this placement and I feel like I am constantly going through an identity crisis.. at times I am very rooted in my sense of self and feel okay with the minor ebbs and flows ..and I definitely come off as eccentric, quirky, yet overly compassionate and sensitive. I am independent and freedom loving and at the same time I am overly receptive and influenced by other peoples emotions and ideas..but learning this and just being aware of it has given me some peace. It's a stark contrast and I am learning to accept it and love it.