Areas of Life That are "Cut" - Aquarius?

watcherofthesouth

I recently did some research about Aquarius and started looking into my client's charts about what areas in their lives were "cut in two", disconnected or separated. This, after I learned that an Aquarius "degree" can mean divorce. Obviously it's ruled by Uranus but I didn't realize until recently how to put it into effect.

After thinking about it for some time, I realized that Aquarius rules my 5th house: I never had kids and I moved several times during high school (5th). So, with that theory, Aquarius in the 3rd might mean a cut off from siblings, 4th, mother or home etc. I am Aquarius/Pisces (Aquarius/1st house in Sidereal) and my life (early and later) was cut in 2 different segments.

I looked up a few celebrities and the same seems to apply. Manson victim Sharon Tate's 8th (pregnancy not to mention death in which an "X" was made on her stomach) is Aquarius. Bill Cosby's 11th (Fame friends, disconnected) is another.

I wondered if anyone else might have some observations about this and how it applied throughout the houses. I do generally get it right, however, when I look at a chart.

Last edited:

waybread

Can you explain more about what you mean? My sun, Mercury, and Venus are in Aquarius, also in the 5th in Placidus, and I can't relate to that at all.

I also don't know why the 5th house would relate to your moving during high school. The 5th is about your children (if any) and leisure activities.

It may be fair to say that Aquarians often feel alienated from other people, loving humanity in general but not wanting to feel overwhelmed by others in the particular.

watcherofthesouth

From what I understand, 5th house rules high school/high school kids, and the 9th is college (11th PhD). Also, restaurants, love affairs (gf/bfs), and fun of course.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Aquarius is on my 7th house - I am married (no cut on that front) and its a solid marriage. Never divorced either. I know of several people with Aquarius on the 5th house with kids, and a close friend in particular - she has two healthy children that adore her and she dotes over them. They are both 20 yrs. and above and one big happy family. Touch wood for them.

So, a bit more research might be a good idea. After all, we can't just condemn a complete sign.:)

Last edited:

watcherofthesouth

Thanks so much for weighing in - it makes it more of a challenge! Although 7 is not just marriage and 5 is not just kids. 7 is not only partnerships but beauty, art, law, Asia (Libra represents Asia), justice, balance, peace and probably other stuff.

Also, I think knowing the degree of the cusps might narrow it down.

There are so many examples of this with notable people that there has to be something there - but it's just like if you saw Uranus in someone's chart and asked them if they had a sudden "shock or surprise," without any other detail so I think, again, the degree would help. I'm seeing it too many times when I read charts, but it's usually after I have a conversation with the person.

aquarius7000

Thanks so much for weighing in - it makes it more of a challenge! Although 7 is not just marriage and 5 is not just kids. 7 is not only partnerships but beauty, art, law, Asia (Libra represents Asia), justice, balance, peace and probably other stuff.

Also, I think knowing the degree of the cusps might narrow it down.

There are so many examples of this with notable people that there has to be something there - but it's just like if you saw Uranus in someone's chart and asked them if they had a sudden "shock or surprise," without any other detail so I think, again, the degree would help. I'm seeing it too many times when I read charts, but it's usually after I have a conversation with the person.
I agree that 7th is not just what I pointed it out to be, nor is 5th just having children, I am afraid I cannot (yet) ascribe to the hypothesis here. Perhaps it is also due to the fact that in my books Uranus does not rule or even co rule Aquarius, but Saturn does. :)

conspiracy theorist

Aquarius is intercepted in the 2nd and is the 3rd sign in the chart. I don't experience remarkable severings coming from the significations of either house, in fact quite the contrary.

The place where I've had the most "cuts" - in the way that you mean - is the 4th and the 9th. Neither of which are attached to Aquarius.

waybread

From what I understand, 5th house rules high school/high school kids, and the 9th is college (11th PhD). Also, restaurants, love affairs (gf/bfs), and fun of course.

A really good book on rulerships is Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book. It's available via amazon or the American Federation of Astrologers.

The third house rules both primary and secondary education. The 9th house rules higher education, as well as other mind-broadening activities like theology and philosophy.

The 5th house rules one's own children plus amusements/leisure/recreation. Fun, yes. If going out to eat is an amusement, then it would be a 5th house matter. If a restaurant is simply a place to eat a meal, then it is either a 4th house or 6th house matter.

The 5th rules love affairs in the sense of flirting, one-night stands, sex-for fun or procreation. If a real relationship is wanted, that's a 7th house matter.

It can get a bit more complicated than this with turned (derived) houses. It looks like the system you described distinguishes high school from primary school as a third from the third house scheme; and the 11th as ruling Ph. D. studies as the 3rd from the 9th, but I'm not clear on the logic behind it.

Frankly, I wouldn't see untenanted Aquarius houses as terribly relevant to the individual, except by transits or progression. Depending upon whether one is more modern or traditional, such a house would be ruled by Uranus, Saturn, or both. Having Capricorn on the cusp of an Aquarius house would tip the balance more towards Saturn, I should think, other things being equal.

waybread

Watcherofthesouth, what is the source of your rulerships?

The 9th is also the law as a body of knowledge, a source of ethics, &c. The 7th house specifically rules committed relationships such as marriage, as well as litigation because of its broader rulership of "open enemies."

I am not a fan of conflating signs and houses, although it became popular to match up signs and houses by-the-numbers among some modern astrologers. The 7th house is not the same as Libra. Venus rules beauty and the arts, and because Venus is the planetary ruler of Libra and Taurus, these signs are often associated with the fine arts, love of luxury, and other Venusian categories.

The 10th house, not the 11th, rules fame-- or public reputation more generally.

I'm also doubtful that celebrities like Sharon Tate are typical of Joe and Jane Average Aquarian.

Last edited:

watcherofthesouth

Thanks, Waybread and will look that up. Always appreciate your insight. I've followed Nikola via Astrolada on Youtube - the astrologer in Serbia and have found is insights interesting. "Secrets of the Degrees" and "Finding the Best Aspect In Your Chart." He also gets into the 7th being your first marriage, 9th being your second, 11th being your third (if Aquarius or Uranus affect negatively especially these come into play). As a side note, since Uranus is a sign of divorce, according to him, and also the sign of Astrologists- many astrologists, he theorizes, are divorced. I've heard many times that 11th is fame (and considering moon as "public" can work too), so 10th/fame is something new to me.

Regarding your other question, if I were to read someone with Sun in the 5th, I might ask if there was a break in the consistency of what that house represents, significant or not so significant.

Regarding Sharon Tate, yes - I agree with you. And I've also looked at comedian Phil Hartman (killed by wife) where Aquarius came into play but with another aspect. It would be unfair to say that Aquarius means "break" for everyone, but I'm a Sun Pisces and I'm aware of the many negative sides of it (including prison and mental illness).

petosiris

Banned
So how would you use this ancient information in reading a nativity for someone thinking he's a (tropical) sun Aquarian today?

The OP mentioned noticing cuts and incompletion with regards to the house/place where tropical Aquarius falls. I just mention that his experience makes more sense in the context of the qualities of Capricorn. That is all.

conspiracy theorist

The OP mentioned noticing cuts and incompletion with regards to the house/place where tropical Aquarius falls. I just mention that his experience makes more sense in the context of the qualities of Capricorn. That is all.

I thought the implication you were making was obvious.

@Watcher - No, Uranus is in neither house. The reason why I think these two houses have manifested in a challenging way is because the 4th is ruled by an out-of-sect Mars which is high-powered in my chart. The 9th is ruled by a Mercury that is cadent, combust, in detriment and is in square aspect to Saturn. Also, both Mercury and Mars naturally incline to contention.

Uranus is at the bendings and located in the 2nd alongside Neptune. Uranus hasn't had the effect that you've noticed in your chart reading experience.

Last edited:

waybread

Watcherofthesouth,

I think you may have a tendency to conflate Aquarius with Uranus. Uranus rules sudden change: what you may refer to as "cut." However, back in the days when divorce was either unobtainable or extremely difficult to obtain, Uranus was still making the same transits.

I have Mercury, Venus, and the sun in Aquarius in the 5th house (Placidus, tropical.) Uranus conjuncts my MC and trines my sun. I can certainly think of episodes in my life with sudden beginnings and endings, but actually, don't most people? We all go through life stages: leaving school, losing a parent, becoming a parent, the first job, loss of a job, a big heartbreak, and so on. Collectively, I think it's too much freight for the one sign of Aquarius to bear.

What is an astrologist, incidentally, vs. an astrologer?

While I have a lot of interest in the mythological nature of astrology, and by no means discount seasoned astrologers' experiences, a large part of me would like astrology to have a rational basis, and thinks that a lot of astrology does have a rational basis, once we accept a few basic premises. (The premises may be completely wacky, but that's another matter.)

So with a new finding, I would like to ask for the explanation behind the finding. Is it just a random finding or thesis, or is there some astro-logic behind it?