Our thoughts create our reality

kimbermoon

What do you think creates consciousness? Or do you consider consciousness as something that can't be created? Why not?.. Why is it that people can experience various levels of consciousness?- wouldn't this suggest that consciousness is being created/manifested as well? How would you explain that?
Sorry for the many questions, I am just curious how you would see it.

As a reminder 'For many people the consciousness is dwarfed by this physical reality'.I feel that consciousness represents our connection to the One and to our own inner divinity. Sometimes such consciousness remains slumbering through most of the life; typically it is only the seekers who choose to expand on their conscious 'awareness' of what constitutes reality. Others just go to sleep on the issue and allow instinct and habit to manipulate their circumstances. There is a distinct differentiation between 'awakened consciousness', and simple 'brain activity' under the control of the mind. Consciousness means Awareness and Attentiveness. This level of awareness and attentiveness is typically created out of past conditioning, and by the values and belief systems we have been raised with. I think that oftentimes a conscious awakening is triggered by individual circumstances, usually of a critical nature, and thus people do experience different levels of consciousness. I also believe that once consciousness has been 'sparked' creativity flows more readily. Such consciousness is that which arises through experiences that send one looking for more meaning and purpose in life. It occurs in those who are not afraid to 'ask the important questions about life and who are not afraid of what they may find. This is going to be especially significant as we approach the paradigm shift of reality that we are all about to undergo. An important question to ask is, whose reality is this anyway?

NancyS

I love this topic :kissing:

I tackled the question of consciousness in my blog, and came up with a sort of unified theory of cause (Aries + Taurus) effect (Cancer + Leo), Awareness (Libra + Scorpio) and creativity (Capricorn + Aquarius).

My short answer is that we are conscious in waking life automatically; consciousness isn't necessarily awareness, and awareness is necessary to be truly creative.

Our creativity directs our reality, and our emotions color it.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

Quote: consciousness isn't necessarily awareness, and awareness is necessary to be truly creative.Our creativity directs our reality, and our emotions color it.

Interesting thoughts to share, however i still believe that there is a difference between consciousness and that which is stored within the subconcious: many people are merely working through their subconscious habits, instincts and conditioning. they don't spend much time thinking about the consequences of their subconscious reactions and for many they simply allow the subconscious to take care of everything, and direct their lives. I think you are right that emotions definitely color our perception of reality; still I believe that creativity is an often misunderstood concept as well. What of those who have no creative incentive at all? Are they aware that they could be using their inherent need to create in many different ways? Perhaps I can agree that creativity, when ignited, does direct our reality, but that is not always the case for those who feel creatively challenged. Just my thoughts of course; not intending to force them onto others. :wink:

Prominent

Consciousness is the pushing on ourselves. So when things are more pressurized against us we realize our self more and feel more conscious within us rather than having it directed outwards somewhere else.

fifteen

Hmmm I agree that we create our own reality... however i don't agree that simply thinking about something will cause the law of attraction to kick in. because if it would, everyone would be millionaires yesterday. So I think it does requires action after thought. Thought->Action->Attraction->Result

Simply thinking will not cause it to manifest... (I think) :innocent:

kimbermoon

Indeed the process is quite a bit more complicated than holding a thought temporarily in mind...that is why we are shielded by the parameters of time, otherwise insanity and chaos would reign. This involves the matter of 'intention, or desire': our intentions must be filled with enough passion before the manifestation can reveal itself.Have you ever watched the movie What dreams may come? thanks for your input.

fifteen

Hi kimbermoon, o yes I have seen it, but it was years ago. Can't remember it. Have to watch it again, but I remember that I was really blown away by that movie. :smile:

Last edited:

Prominent

Hmmm I agree that we create our own reality... however i don't agree that simply thinking about something will cause the law of attraction to kick in. because if it would, everyone would be millionaires yesterday. So I think it does requires action after thought. Thought->Action->Attraction->Result

Simply thinking will not cause it to manifest... (I think) :innocent:

To think, one must have something to think about.

fifteen

Thinking is a strange thing... it's like grasping for drops of water with bare hands in the ever flowing river of consciousness.

Maybe it starts with intention? intention preceding thinking. :innocent:

Prominent

Thinking is a strange thing... it's like grasping for drops of water with bare hands in the ever flowing river of consciousness.

hm.. how do you define the word intention? excluding thought from the definition (just to be clear).

kimbermoon

A very wise thought. Intention is just another world for 'specialized FOCUS'; it means putting energy behind a thought or intention. Sports competitors sometimes use a practice called cybernetics before their competitions:simply put, they imagine in their minds eye, the outcome they want to experience. And they repeatedly focus on that image so it remains firmly in the mind for the time required. The energies required include devotion, passion and faith, and with determination.

fifteen

I sense that intention -or intuition- comes first. Right now I started to think about giving a reply, because the intent to understand thinking came first, which made me think about how I can explain my intent of explaining thinking. :joyful:

Thinking seems a weak telepathic method for manifesting intentions in the consciousness of others through transmitting intentions by the act of thinking that translates intentions into speech or a written language, where the thinker only serves as a medium for passing a message. Just as we need a body to host our spirit to connect in a tangible manner.

:sideways: