New Debate Subfurom Proposition

Mark

There is a new proposition to create a Debate Board as a subforum in General Chat. The purpose is to provide a debate-like standard of conversation, requiring fact, reasoning, and evidence to support claims. This would be the one place on the forum where "put up or shut up" is law of the land. As part of the General Chat forum, the Debate Board would be open for all topics, including and not limited to astrology. If you believe this is a good idea, please stop by the proposition thread (linked below) and show your support.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41166

piercethevale

There is a new proposition to create a Debate Board as a subforum in General Chat. The purpose is to provide a debate-like standard of conversation, requiring fact, reasoning, and evidence to support claims. This would be the one place on the forum where "put up or shut up" is law of the land. As part of the General Chat forum, the Debate Board would be open for all topics, including and not limited to astrology. If you believe this is a good idea, please stop by the proposition thread (linked below) and show your support.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41166
What's the difference? I mean, really Mark...that's what a Forum is.
I know you've heard me state this before...but, [here it is again] actastrology.com states to be: Astrological Conferences on Techniques...where-in it is agreed that it is a consortium of adepts and masters [and maybe a 'student' too ...but I wouldn't know for sure...as Michael Erlewine doesn't approve everyone and anyone as a member, that's all I know for sure] of different schools of Astrology. It is by design and consent that each member may present what techniques he/she uses and explain it...provide proofs/examples etc. There are no replies of contention or derision...one may ask questions...pose a correponding contentious belief/technique...but respectfully...and then let it go.
I've yet to have a single reply...period! [and yes, I do get the viewers...as much as any of the other Astrologers.]
This is a forum of pretty much unrecognized, unrenowned Astrologers...myself included..[although I am a lot more known and recognized now than when I first joined this forum in the fall of 2007].
It's pretty **** hard to get those well known, much published and oft quoted Astrologers to publicly recognize/state support of the radical revisions and new understandings I've proposed without making themselves look either less intelligent than they've been believed to be or down right foolish altogether...that's why I give it away on the internet...to allow them to not be pinned to any record of being either for or against...to let them save as much 'Face' as possible...it's the knowledge that is all important...besides...I'm only the messenger..how can the messenger take the credit of the author [but, I will take gratuities, whenever offered...thank you.]
These kind of web-site...i.e. 'Forums' are a 'House of Debate'...as the battle is on to take in new believers adherents...as I once replied to one of the mods whom was on my case about my 'little too much' aggression at times...being insensitive to the feelings of others etc. "Look, I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to take prisoners."
Take my thread "The Birth Chart of Jesus?"...now people are not supposed to say anything in rebuttal or contrary...but rather ask me to take it to another sub-forum to 'Have it out'?..[so to speak]...Now, Mark...you know that ain't going to work.
Just my 2 cents on this idea of yours. ..but, it was a 'noble' idea...by what I perceive to be your reasoning.
peace out...ptv

Mark

I don't believe you've gotten the punch of the idea. The things you've mentioned, while being reasonable considerations in and of themselves, are based on things subjective and personal. This Debate Board is intended to be a place where Truth is sought. It's not a place for teaching nor sharing. As you've noted, the rest of the board is used for that. The real difference between this proposed Debate Board and the rest of the forum is the fact that the rest of the forum can be used freely by people who want to push their own positions or issues. The Debate Board is intended to be a place where people care about reaching the right answer. There should never be any "teams" involved. Everyone is on the Truth's team, regardless of their position. Anyone who disagrees can easily post in all the places they were already posting anyway.

piercethevale

I don't believe you've gotten the punch of the idea. The things you've mentioned, while being reasonable considerations in and of themselves, are based on things subjective and personal. This Debate Board is intended to be a place where Truth is sought. It's not a place for teaching nor sharing. As you've noted, the rest of the board is used for that. The real difference between this proposed Debate Board and the rest of the forum is the fact that the rest of the forum can be used freely by people who want to push their own positions or issues. The Debate Board is intended to be a place where people care about reaching the right answer. There should never be any "teams" involved. Everyone is on the Truth's team, regardless of their position. Anyone who disagrees can easily post in all the places they were already posting anyway.

Like I said...what's the difference...I've always been on the "Truth Team" as you call it...it won't make any difference to anyone else either, as most all believe themselves to be on that very same team also...[Unless they are truly allegied with the 'Prince of Lies' or of completely malicious character] ...I just think you built your self a dwelling from the inside out here...by which I mean ...need to take a whole 'nother look at this proposal of yours from 'outside' looking in...
Hey, it's just my opinion...I voiced a big 'Nay' over your 'Research sub-forum and you've somewhat proved me to have been way too critical of an idea that wasn't so bad after all...but I think this one has 'Fail' stamped all over it.