Request for Sabian Analysis

Mark

This has been discussed briefly elsewhere, but I don't recall an in-depth analysis of it. I noticed a particular junction in the zodiac a while back and I'm sure I'm not the first one to notice it. If one were to traverse the zodiac in a precessional direction (backward to direct motion), the symbolism in the signs would seem to indicate that the zodiac begins at the end of Capricorn and ends at the beginning of Aquarius. If one begins at Capricorn, the half-fish/half-goat creature, and precesses around the circle, Aquarius, a truly spiritual sign, would look to be the end of the cycle. This precessional interpretation seems worthy of investigation, especially considering that our tropical sky (the sky we see when we look up) does precess constantly.

I have also noticed the Aquarius/Capricorn cusp highlighted by the traditional rulerships of the signs. The luminaries begin at Cancer/Leo and then planets are listed identically around the circle in both directions, for some reason in proper heliocentric order (increasing distance from the Sun), overlapping at the Aquarius/Capricorn cusp. The rulerships seem to draw a symbolic line through the middle of the zodiac, from Cancer/Leo to Aquarius/Capricorn. I have mentioned this in several places before. For any who haven't already seen this, the following link is a one-page pdf of my own creation that illustrates the symbolic line.
http://www.twelvestaralmanac.com/images/interpretation_key.pdf

So, my request is that we compare the last few degrees of Capricorn (the start of the cycle) to the first few degrees of Aquarius (the end of the cycle) in terms of Sabian symbols. I'm not the most fit to perform this analysis, so I make my request here.

piercethevale

This has been discussed briefly elsewhere, but I don't recall an in-depth analysis of it. I noticed a particular junction in the zodiac a while back and I'm sure I'm not the first one to notice it. If one were to traverse the zodiac in a precessional direction (backward to direct motion), the symbolism in the signs would seem to indicate that the zodiac begins at the end of Capricorn and ends at the beginning of Aquarius. If one begins at Capricorn, the half-fish/half-goat creature, and precesses around the circle, Aquarius, a truly spiritual sign, would look to be the end of the cycle. This precessional interpretation seems worthy of investigation, especially considering that our tropical sky (the sky we see when we look up) does precess constantly.

I have also noticed the Aquarius/Capricorn cusp highlighted by the traditional rulerships of the signs. The luminaries begin at Cancer/Leo and then planets are listed identically around the circle in both directions, for some reason in proper heliocentric order (increasing distance from the Sun), overlapping at the Aquarius/Capricorn cusp. The rulerships seem to draw a symbolic line through the middle of the zodiac, from Cancer/Leo to Aquarius/Capricorn. I have mentioned this in several places before. For any who haven't already seen this, the following link is a one-page pdf of my own creation that illustrates the symbolic line.

So, my request is that we compare the last few degrees of Capricorn (the start of the cycle) to the first few degrees of Aquarius (the end of the cycle) in terms of Sabian symbols. I'm not the most fit to perform this analysis, so I make my request here.
It has to do with Rabbi Dobins' book on Kabbahlistic Astrology and mine extrapolation that a 90* axis constructed from that point is the birth chart of the cosmos ...r.e. The Big Bang. The Bible says that the force of God comes from between Capricaorn and Aquarius...the 30th of Cap. is a symbol of the GODHEAD...the 1st of Aquarius is CREATION...one with the word...from there I based my application of the musical scale to the Zodiac as the WORD is OM and OM is in the Key of 'B'...sorry for the skittish writting nad the spelling errors...I'm in a rush and just thought I'd give you the gist of what you're looking for.
Cheers, Mark...Happy Easter!

The Path of Discipleship goes in reverse direction from Virgo 30* to Libra 1*...read my new thread on the Last Supper...this is also known as the 'Evolutionary' cycle...that the trad. one from Aries 1* is the 'involuntionary' [more emeshed into Maya...matter...the illusion..]

The one I gave as being that of the Cap/Aqur is the cycle of the 'Matter' or Illusion itself....does that make sense...I'm in a hurry I'll discuss more some other time Read Cap 30* and Aquarius 1* as the "WHO" of the chart axis...that of Cap 30* be3ing the seed of the last cycle of creation becoming Aqurius 1* the seed of this creation and Cap 30* is the "WHO" of the old seed...now go to Cancer 30* and Leo 1* and do the same method of analysis for "WHERE-TO"...then Aries 30* Taurus 1* for the "HOW" and Libra 30* Scorpio 1* for "WHY"...and there you have all of creation explained as ...God is letting the creation finds its awareness and letting itself find its own limitations....that's a brief summmation. I don't know about a reverse order...if there be one then switch the How with the WHY...

Last edited:

sdh3

Mark, which of these would count as "the last few degrees of Capricorn" and "the first few degrees of Aquarius"? In other words, which of these would you like to analyze?

Capricorn 26 A water sprite.
Capricorn 27 A mountain pilgrimage.
Capricorn 28 A large aviary.
Capricorn 29 A woman reading tea leaves.
Capricorn 30 A secret business conference.

Aquarius 1 An old adobe mission.
Aquarius 2 An unexpected thunderstorm.
Aquarius 3 A deserter from the Navy.
Aquarius 4 A Hindu healer.
Aquarius 5 A council of ancestors.

--sdh3

dr. farr

Chinese begin their meridian clock in their animal zodiac equivalent of our sign of Capricorn (= the Rat); and the Chinese consider the "spiritual year" to begin in the same place (ie, in their equivalent of our sign Capricorn) Charles Carter (and some others) considered the Capricorn ingress to be the most important (more than the Aries ingress) for mundane indications for the fothcoming year. And of course the hermetists considered the Cancer/Capricorn axis the entry point for souls (Cancer) and the exit point for souls (Capricorn), this axis being of great esoteric importance in hermetic metaphysics. If we take the planetary domiciles from Capricorn back, we get Saturn (the outermost traditional planet: Capricorn/Aquarius) then Jupiter (Pisces) then Mars (Aries) then Venus (Taurus) then Mercury (Gemini) then the Moon, and finally the Sun (Leo): pretty much the actual order of the solar system planets in space (if we exclude the Moon)-interesting too is if we look at the planetary domiciles from Leo back: Sun (Leo) then Mercury (Virgo) then Venus (Taurus) then Mars (Scorpio) then Jupiter (Sagittarius) and finally Saturn (Capricorn), again, we find here the actual planetary order of the solar system (just speculating, but if in this series starting @ Leo and we go further, then Aquarius would be Uranus and finally Pisces would be Neptune, taking us out in the correct solar system order to the last PLANET in the solar system-Pluto having been downgraded to a "planetoid")
...so I think there is a great deal hidden here, in this way of thinking about the signs along the lines Mark has mentioned...

Last edited:

piercethevale

Very Interesting Dr. Farr.

...here is the entire first post I made at my thread "Birth Chart of Creation"

In Rabbi Joel Dobins' book, "Kabbalistic Astrology", he relates how the key to the Kabbalistic understandding of the Hebrew Holy Books is in utilizing different vowels in interpreting the various texts.
For those of you uninformed the Hebrews used only a consonantial writing form. For example: The same three letters that represent the planet M[a]rs could also mean the color red, war, anger etc.
The six letters that spell 'MGN DVD' [Magen David] could mean 'Star of David', 'Horoscope of David' or 'Shield of David'...depending upon which vowels are inserted into the text.
This is apparently is, if not the 'Key', one of the 'Keys to the Kabbalah'
On page 129 of His book the Rabbi translates from the Book of Habakkuk 3:2-4 to read: "...it shall become know by means of the years. God shall come from [the direction of] Capricorn-Aquarius. And the Holy One from [the direction of] Mount Paran [Sinai] and Selah. And the Moon, like the Sun, will be rays at His side. And therein will be the secret of His power."
An ideas struck me sometime after I read the Rabbis' book and looked up the Sabian Symbols for the last degree of Capricorn and the first degree of Aquarius. The direction the Rabbi said that God shall come from.
The symbol for the 30th degree of Capricorn [by Rudhyars' book on the Sabian Symbols] is: "A Secret Meeting Of Men Responsible For Executive Decisions In World Affairs." Rudhyar further defines this to mean of an "Occult Hierarchy" or the reputed "White Lodge". Rudhyar used the Keywords of "EXECUTIVE POWER" for this degree of the Zodiac....he is in fact saying this degree of the Zodiac represents the "Godhead".
The first degree of Aquarius is [from Rudhyars' book] "An Old Adobe Mission In California." Rudhyars' Keywords for this degree is "THE CONCRETIZATION OF AN IDEAL"
It is apparent to me that these two degrees, i.e. the 30th degree of Capricorn and the 1st degree of Aquarius, represent symbolically and in effect as the 'Concept of the Creator' and 'The Creation'.

In Rudhyars book "An Astrologically Mandalla. The Sabian Symbols" in the chapter titled "The Cross and the Star" he mentions how the Asc., Desc., I.C. and M.C., of any birth chart, are symbolically the WHO, WHERE-TO, HOW and WHY of ones existence...your 'Spiritual Blueprint' as I like to call it.
Rudhyar als points out how the result of the previous creation becomes the seed for the next.
If we set up a birth chart for all creation utilizing these two degrees as the source and the seed of the ascendent of the birth chart and construct an ideal 90* axis we thus have Cancer 30* and Leo 01* as the Desc., the WHERE-TO of creation. Aries 30* and Taurus 01* as the I.C., the HOW of creation. Libra 30* and Scorpio 01* as the WHY of creation.
Interestingly the symbol for the 30th degree of Cancer is "A Daughter of the American Revolution"...defined by Rudhyars' keywords as "GLORIFICATION OF THE PAST". Sounds like a seed to me! ...& Leo 01*, what this seed is to become, is about the "...irruption of bio-psychic energies into the ego-controlled field of consciousness"....the realization of the ''Atman'' or ''Spiritual Self''..."energy erupting into consciousness", by Rudhyars' definition.
So far this makes perfect sense to me.
As to the I.C. or HOW we are to achieve this is represented by Aries 30* & Taurus. These two symbols represent [Aries 30*]"The realization of natural bounderies" and Rudhyars' keyword 'FOCALIZATION' ...& [Taurus 01*] ''The pure, uncontaminated and spontaneous manifestation of ones' own nature", Rudhyars' Keywords "ITS' OWN NATURE".
As to the M.C., the WHY of existence, we have Libra 30* and Scorpio 01*.
The Symbols for which, by Rudhyars interpretation, are representative of [Libra 30*] "The fullfilment of mans' power of understanfding at whatever level of existence the person operates", His Keywords "A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO KNOWLEDGE". ...& [Scorpio 01*] the symbol for which by Rudhyars' definition is about "The fundamental human eagerness to expand ones' social horizon and to experience the results of collective achievements and new ways of life." & His Keywords are; "A WIDENING OF EXPERIENCE".

...of all the Sabian Symbols to be found in the Zodiac...I cannot imagine any that are more appropriate for this proposed birth chart of creation.
Look them all up yourselves and try any other combination...this analogy gave me the belief that the Rabbis work and the Sabian Symbols are mutually validating [especially as defined by Dane Rudhyar!]
The Rabbi informed, me a few years ago, He had never once looked at the Sabian Symbols in his life and only barely recalled any reference to their existence...!!
To summarize as succinctly and as concisely as possible. Creation is about Souls coming into Physically Conscious Awareness and Finding Their Own Nature for the Widening Of Experience
...yeah, it's that simple...God wanting to see what the limits are...through each of us...God getting to know him/her/self,...His/Her/ Own Nature...{which I believe to be Eternal Light and Love as I explain in another thread is the solution to what the Light and Energy are that are included in Einsteins equation, E = MC sq ...being that the 'Light' and 'Energy' that all matter is composed of is the Eternal Light and energy of Love ...that's how I see it.]

Mark

I appreciate all this cooperation. Thanks for your responses. I need to think upon this for a while. If I may just throw a crazy idea into discussion, it seems to me that the "end of the world as we know it" won't take place at the beginning of the age of Aquarius. It will take place at the end of Aquarius and the beginning of the age of Capricorn, the first of the cosmic signs. That will be the time when 23:59 rolls over to midnight and a new day begins. At least that stands to reason in my head.

piercethevale

It may interest you Mark, that as to the beginning of our Solar System, i,e. the Thema Mundi...which came after the Big Bang...I t was in some book on Kabbalistic Astrology...it may have been Dr. Dobins', the author mentions that according to Jewish esoteric tradition the firswt day of creation was with all the planets extending from the Sun outwards in a straight line on Libra 1*.
I talk about two astrological cycles that have come from some occult source out of some of the most ancient history that are of 666 years and 888 years ...if the are Planets they would be a long ways out from the Sun with orbits of those sort of durations.
As 666 and 888 will only conjunct at the same spot every time every 2664 years I figure that Libra 1* is that point...I talk about this in my book in the chapter on the Star of Bethlehem...in that they meet there conjunct Pluto every 26,640..the last time was the birth of Jesus/Yeshua...the times before it occurred is when the great Avatars of the ancient ages appeared...Rama, Krishna most likely and others whom have been forgotten or are known by only a few very omniscient ones.
If I recall, Sri Yukteswar, most likely in His book "The Holy Science", mentioned that the Avatars recur at a cycle of about as many years as 26,640 years is apprx. one complete cycle of the Yugas/