Tuesday's race (May 9, 2006)

aquirata

The 2:50 at Kelso has only 5 declared runners, so let's see what they are up to. The racecard is at

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/card.sd?race_id=406892&r_date=2006-5-9&flag=1&cards=1.

Date: May 9, 2006
Time: 2:50 pm
Place: Kelso, UK

Race angles:

Asc: 18 deg Vir, ruled by Mer
MC: 14 deg Gem, ruled by Mer
Des: 18 deg Pis, ruled by Jup
IC: 14 deg Sag, ruled by Jup

Runners' birthdates:

Ever Present 25May'98
Mounthooley 20Apr'96
Roobihoo 7Jul'99
Standin Obligation 24Jun'99
Brundeanlaws 22May'01

Natal Mercury (race MC ruler) contacting race Mercury (6 deg) or angles (3 deg):

Ever Present: tri Asc (1)
Mounthooley: tri Asc (2)
Roobihoo: squ Mer (0)
Standin Obligation: -
Brundeanlaws: -

Natal Mars contacting rulers of race angles (Mercury, Jupiter - 6 deg) or angles (3 deg):

Ever Present: -
Mounthooley: -
Roobihoo: -
Standin Obligation: -
Brundeanlaws: -

Remaining contenders: Ever Present, Mounthooley, Roobihoo. The lack of support by natal Mars is not a good sign.

Natal Moon contacting race Moon (9 deg) or angles (3 deg):

Ever Present: tri Mon (7)
Mounthooley: tri Mon (6)
Roobihoo: -

Race Fortuna's aspects (3 deg, except 6 deg to Moon):

Ever Present: tri Sun (2), tri Mar (5), con Nep (4), sex Plu (1)
Mounthooley: squ Sun (5), tri Mon (5), con Ura (1)
Roobihoo: opp Mer (3), squ Mar (5), squ Jup (4), con Nep (2)sex Plu (2)

My call would be:

1. Ever Present 2/1
2. Roobihoo 9/1
3. Mounthooley 40/1

The reason why this is interesting is because Standin Obligation is the heavy favourite at 4/7, so the rest of the field only stand a 36% chance. It may be that astrological factors cannot overcome this huge disadvantage in favour of Ever Present, we'll see.

The other possibility is to look to natal Saturn in place of Mars since this race is over 3m1f. Only Roobihoo and Standin Obligation receive support from angle rulers or angles, so in that case the call would be 1. Standin Obligation, 2. Roobihoo. Again, experience is the best teacher, and we only need to wait a half hour to find out which influences were the strongest.

aquirata

Standin Obligation takes this one ahead of Roobihoo. Unfortunately, two runners were scratched, and that included Ever Present. The eventual winner went off at 1/6, so this would not be a fair test of astrological factors.

I'll do the 4:00 at Chester tomorrow.

fensi88

Race Fortuna's aspects (3 deg, except 6 deg to Moon):

Ever Present: tri Sun (2), tri Mar (5), con Nep (4), sex Plu (1)
Mounthooley: squ Sun (5), tri Mon (5), con Ura (1)
Roobihoo: opp Mer (3), squ Mar (5), squ Jup (4), con Nep (2)sex Plu (2)

Can you explain these numbers in brackets. I suppose they are orb for example for
Ever Present: POF tri Su, orbis 2 degrees, but what about "tri Mar (5)", because you said only for Moon you allow 6deg not for anothers planet, Nep is 4deg, also more from 3deg?

Sorry if it seams that I hunt your mistakes, I do not, I only want to understand what is all abouth.

aquirata

Goca,

Correct again, the list should have read:

Ever Present: tri Sun (2), sex Plu (1)
Mounthooley: tri Mon (5), con Ura (1)
Roobihoo: opp Mer (3), con Nep (2), sex Plu (2)

I had a full list first and forgot to edit it due to the timing of the race, simple as that. Thanks for noticing, and please keep bringing any errors to my attention.

Draco

I'll do the 4:00 at Chester tomorrow.

Continue doing this because it is interesting to follow.

The other possibility is to look to natal Saturn in place of Mars

Just a thought. How about a look at Jupiter, to confer luck and general good fortune? Then again I suppose it all depends on the diginities of the planets also, would it not?

Draco :wink:

aquirata

Draco,

Jupiter is a possibility, and so is every other planet: Sun for vitality, Moon for mood, Mercury for swiftness, Venus for harmony and prize money, etc. Dignities could play a part, too. My goal here is to keep it as simple as possible since the number of factors multiplies with the number of runners for total effort. Hence small fields and few factors. I'm trying to pinpoint the ones that would be the most relevant for prediction.

fensi88

I had always on my mind idea to predict winner of some song contest, and this method seam as possible to do that. What planets will you look for some song contest: Moon, Ve, Ne, ruler of 5H and ruler of 10th?

aquirata

Yes, pretty close. Check contacts of natal ruler of event MC, natal Venus and natal Moon to event chart. The more contacts the better the chance of winning.