Saturn about to go Direct!

R4VEN

Effie, you sound just like I feel when I've had Saturn conj my Asc - a trifle negative, to say the least!! Bear with Saturn, as it is a fine teacher indeed. (and the first time I ever heard the statement, Saturn is a great and wonderful teacher, it was from a woman who introduced me to astrology, and I wanted to deck her right there and then! How dare she praise a planet which continually brought me to my knees?)
Effie said:
I just want to die
In a way, you are dying, but not physically. It's important that we first let go in order to reconstruct ourselves in a better way.

freedomlover said:
Saturn has been retrograde since 12-31-08. It has been getting slower and slower - "pulling in" to its stationing degree of 14*Virgo, where it will turn and go Direct. It will take probably several weeks before it starts moving at anywhere near normal speed. It will stay at 14*Virgo for quite awhile. When a planets is at its stationing degree its energy is stronger than normal. This is why we are discussing feeling it so strongly at this time.
Thanks for that insight, FL. I had not been paying much attention to Saturn since it had moved out of opposition to Uranus. When it transited my 8th house, and this included my 2nd Saturn return, I found it to be cruel and quite trying as usual. I have just checked my charts - natal and progressed - and natally I have this stationary Saturn fractionally inside my 8th house, conj 9th house cusp, and on my progressed chart it is conj 7th house cusp, but still in the 6th house. The healing of the physical body which I have experienced during the past few months is quite phenomenal. I found that the `key' the origins for this healing to take place were all in the dark and distant past - and very deeply hidden. Typical 8th house stuff.

Good ol' Saturn. [A bit like my crabby Year 1 teacher, who despite sometimes being an angry old woman, also taught me the basics so well that the rest of my schooling was a breeze, so thanks to Miss S (now long gone)]

Last edited:

RockFish

I'm feeling the good vibe too. Very distinctively. I hope I can make the best of the Saturn direct period ahead, because I feel it will be a good period to get things going.:)

Tired of Saturn sitting on my...... Saturn!

My Saturn return is about to end, and I'm glad to say that nothing really awful happened. It was a time of incredible struggle, I've been deprived of a whole lot of stuff... But I learned how to live with little, so, it was no nightmare. Worked my fingers to the bone, and decided to increase the organization and discipline in my life so that I can work less, with good results. So, he can get the hell away from my Saturn now, lesson learned. :p

Saturn opposed Sun was 100% worse. Probably worst transit ever for me.

DiDi

sat has been retro smack on my uranus 13 virgo and pluto 15 virgo which are natally retro.
in 11 house of hopes and dreams.. felt that let me tell ya:confused:

today walked into a place of business 1st day opened and got a job trial :p tomorrow .. in a pretty good mood since i woke up.. 17th rollon

Kerrie

I have got to laugh about the comments about people loving this transit...

The past 2 weeks I have been seriously crying about when will I find a job, how I am going to pay the rent next week, if my boyfriend will leave or when, and I am hoping that I wont need to put my dog down because I will need to go back to live with my parents. I am hoping that the debt collectors wont be calling too soon, and will give me some time to get my **** together.

Saturn is right between my Saturn at 10 and my North Node at 17 in the 5th both across from my Sun.

Now the other funny thing, I didnt realise other people were counting the days for his direct motion too!!! God I can think of a lot of things to call Saturn right now and teacher isnt one of them! :(

R4VEN

Kerrie said:
I have got to laugh about the comments about people loving this transit...
I'm not sure anyone has used the term `love' in relation to Saturn.
Appreciate/respect/value come to mind for me, but love? Nuh.

Saturn is inevitable. It is harsh, relentless, and a difficult task-master. In my 30's I so dreaded Saturn's passage through any of my natal houses, but that was a bit head-in-the-sand.

Saturn will lead you on a path to facilitate growing up, no matter how old you are.

Awakened_Pisces

Saturn isn't exactly sitting on anything, but he's in Virgo which is my 2nd house, Solar Arc ASC. Hence, he's frustrating my Mercury with his moppiness and unbreakable structure.

iwonder

I believe transits of Saturn (or of any other planet for that matter) manifest themselves in accordance to what Saturn represents and how it is positioned/aspected in the natal chart. And (sorry, don't mean to be preachy or mentoring, but we are talking about Saturn here) the effects of transits also depend on how Saturn energies have been used/treated.

My Saturn is not very strong in a traditional sense - it is in Cancer, intercepted, so Capricorn is also intercepted. Saturn is in the 7th though, which probably compensates for other weaknesses. It has plenty of easy aspects: trines Jupiter and MC, sextiles Venus, to name a few.

I tried to see what was happening when it opposed and squared Venus or Sun - nothing terrible, really. Actually, some positive things were happening. On Saturn squaring Sun I began studying for a new profession (Saturm was leaving 6th house). So, either I am a very diligent and responsible person (he-he), or Saturn is not mean in my chart.

Pluto over my Asc and squaring Sun was way more noticeable :eek:.

Tanya00

iwonder said:
I believe transits of Saturn (or of any other planet for that matter) manifest themselves in accordance to what Saturn represents and how it is positioned/aspected in the natal chart. And (sorry, don't mean to be preachy or mentoring, but we are talking about Saturn here) the effects of transits also depend on how Saturn energies have been used/treated.

Thank you for pointing that out :) - it made me look at my natal again...
And just kind of re-confirmed to myself ( and an earlier comment I wrote) what/why it has effected basically all my relationships so much this period ...its sitting in my 7th! with an abundance of weak squares and conjunctions aspects *slaps forehead* Oy!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• T.gif
    T.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

LionKing

R4van... Saturn on my 7th scares the H**L out of me!! It was there that I had gotten married twice! My first marriage lasted 2 years. My 2nd marriage lasted (thank God that was over!!!)10 years!!! Saturn was still there when I married the 2nd one. (It was a quickie divorce and marry the other lady) Ha! But Saturn was the rule and both marriages. It was nothing to praise about other than my 3 daughters. V/r LionKing:D

kindjali

Saturn squares my AC from last year. He made his point 2 months ago.
"Appropriate relationships"...good title of the transit.

K.

cassanra

Huh okay...
Natal Saturn is at the top of my chart in Capricorn....very strong. It conjuncts the MC. It opposes mercury which I think results in difficulty communicating and stuttering as a child. It sextiles neptune, and trines Pluto. It forms an inconjunction to poor venus/mars in my fifth which is ruler of 7/1st..
I really hate this. So I am trying to figure this all out. Saturn will move into my 7th this year...It will form a positive aspect to the venus/mars in Leo. My solar return for June shows a trine of saturn to the pair in Taurus in the 12th.
But I have yet to figure out if this is a good thing or not...
it sounds like it could be a good thing....or not....
Saturn sitting on progressed venus has been....really emotionally unbearable these last few days. I hope this is not a portend of things to come...I really hope not.
I read different experiences here...saturn in the 7th good, saturn in the 7th bad...saturn good saturn bad...
Can a trine from saturn be good?
My partner has saturn opposing mars at 13 degrees Pisces...I know that has not been good Mars is the handle of his bucket shaped chart...not good at all...

Effie

RockFish said:
I'm feeling the good vibe too. Very distinctively. I hope I can make the best of the Saturn direct period ahead, because I feel it will be a good period to get things going.:)

Tired of Saturn sitting on my...... Saturn!

Your Saturn is gay.....

freedomlover

Kerrie said:
So am I right in thinkng that Saturn is staying in one place from the 14th (Thrus) to the 21st (Tues)?

Saturn stays at the same degree for several days both before and after its stationing day. ( arc minutes will vary a little, though.)

Kerrie

Can you remind me what Saturn stationing means? Could it be that the issues we are dealing with regarding saturn, will be worked on more deeply and at the end ont he period an outcome will come? Maybe we might see the light during this time? Or something will come to a conclusion or start afresh?

freedomlover

Kerrie said:
Can you remind me what Saturn stationing means? Could it be that the issues we are dealing with regarding saturn, will be worked on more deeply and at the end ont he period an outcome will come? Maybe we might see the light during this time? Or something will come to a conclusion or start afresh?

Well, basically, "Saturn stationing" means Saturn is slowing down to change directions, either retrograde or direct. In this case, Saturn is slowing down to change to direct motion.

In general, it is my understanding that retrograde periods are kind of "introverted" - good times to "go within" and work on one's personal issues. When a planet is in direct motion it is more "extroverted" and focused on one's outer realm. That's what the books say, anyway.;) It is also said that things are harder to initiate and get going during a retrograde period.

When a planet is at the degree it is stationing at ( In this case 14 degrees Virgo), it's effects are more noticeable, as it is stronger than it usually is. So periods of Saturn stationing, going in either direction, are going to be times when Saturn in Virgo's issues are extremely highlighted in your life - especially if it directly aspects natal or progressed planets. Saturn in Virgo wants your attention and wants you to learn something that will help you live a happier life. Meditate on your belief systems around Saturn in Virgo themes, and see what comes up.

Does that clear things up at all? ( clear as mud?:eek:)

FL

Vicious

R4VEN said:
Saturn will lead you on a path to facilitate growing up, no matter how old you are.

Word.

Don't dread Saturn people. It forces you to do things that are ultimately good for you, even if you don't think so at the time.

kindjali

Saturn squares my AC at 16 deegrees Sag...I feel it. It shows me that I have to leaves some people for good, that they are not for me, no matter how much I want them.
Well I must ask then, which are good? Hmm....

K.

R4VEN

kindjali said:
Saturn squares my AC at 16 deegrees Sag...I feel it. It shows me that I have to leaves some people for good, that they are not for me, no matter how much I want them.
Well I must ask then, which are good? Hmm....

K.
kindjali, think of that person (and I assume this is the same person you have been stressing over for some months!!!) as being like red cordial to your sensitive nature..................
Not good, never has been good, never will be good...............

Saturn makes us wake up and face the truth, no matter how harsh and how unkind this `truth' may be.
Saturn is like an antidote for an overdose of Neptune and Venus.
Saturn draws us unceremoniously out of a childhood state.
Saturn is our grown-up self, our fathering self.