Jupiter-Time, 400 day calendar, approaching the Scorpioyear!

CapAquaPis

I made an earlier post on planetary rulers of stages of the astrological personal life cycle, here's another I discovered lately:
Aries (Mars): ages 0-7, 77-84 or 0, 11 (every 12 years).
Taurus (Venus): 7-14, 70-77 or 1, 10.
Gemini (Mercury): 14-21, 63-70 or 2, 9.
Cancer (Moon): 21-28, 56-63 or 3, 8.
Leo (Sun): 28-35, 49-56 or 4, 7.
Virgo (Mercury): 35-42, 42-49 or 5, 6.
Libra (Venus): 35-42, 42-49 or 5, 6.
Scorpio (Pluto): 28-35, 49-56 or 4, 7.
Sagittarius (Jupiter): 21-28, 56-63 or 3, 8.
Capricorn (Saturn): 14-21, 63-70 or 2. 9.
Aquarius (Uranus): 7-14, 70-77 or 1, 10.
Pisces (Neptune): 0-7, 77-84 or 0, 11 (every 12 years as well).
I'm in my Venus year or under Taurus, could be under Uranus or Aquarius too.

david starling

In the Rulership Groupings I've been describing, Taurus and Aquarius are "companion-Signs". And, while Taurus is "InServiceTo" Venus, its Native-ruler is the Earth, as expressed through the Age Indicator (leading point of Gaia's Trident in both Tropical and Sidereal systems). Ouranos:)uranus:) is the Regulating-ruler of Taurus, and operates "InTandem" with the Age Indicator in ruling Taurus. So, in the Age bracket we're both in, we are responsive to the Rulership Groups of both Taurus and Aquarius, which includes the incipient Aquarian Age.

david starling

Having a Native-ruler in the Sign it Native-rules, imparts a sense of self-confidence and support. That's why Sun Leo's usually have that feeling of self-confidence. But, also true for Mars in Aries, Moon in Mer, Neptune in Pisces, etc. How it plays out depends on the Houses and Aspects.

Last edited:

blacksun?

I am to sure thats true, the Leo's I know aren't any less strangers in the world.... this friend of mine, for example, is a Leo Sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJAV5eBnFzM

Also, my Taurus Jupiter is by far the most patient and purposeful planet in my chart.

I think feelings of purpose aren't given by any single placement, but only by well connected squares and oppositions.

david starling

I am to sure thats true, the Leo's I know aren't any less strangers in the world.... this friend of mine, for example, is a Leo Sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJAV5eBnFzM

Also, my Taurus Jupiter is by far the most patient and purposeful planet in my chart.

I think feelings of purpose aren't given by any single placement, but only by well connected squares and oppositions.

Yeah, I'm being too simplistic about it. Thanks for the feedback....I'm still working out the meanings, and theories that don't seem to work out must be more closely examined. Btw, do you have any Native-rulers in the Signs they Native-rule? Also, is it possible that Jupiter in Taurus is about what enables you to fulfill your Purpose, rather than what gives you a sense of purpose? Jupiter is InServiceTo Ouranos:uranus:, which is the Regulating and InTandem ruler of Taurus, and the Native-ruler of Aquarius, Companion-sign to Taurus. A very fortuitous placement!
The guy in the video appears to have Virgo issues.:biggrin: You say he feels alienated? I was considering that "self-confident" might be better than "at home". How's his self-confidence? Also, could be "at home" mainly in the House of its placement, provided it's not poorly Aspected.

blacksun?

Yeah, I'm being too simplistic about it. Thanks for the feedback....I'm still working out the meanings, and theories that don't seem to work out must be more closely examined. Btw, do you have any Native-rulers in the Signs they Native-rule? Also, is it possible that Jupiter in Taurus is about what enables you to fulfill your Purpose, rather than what gives you a sense of purpose? Jupiter is InServiceTo Ouranos:uranus:, which is the Regulating and InTandem ruler of Taurus, and the Native-ruler of Aquarius, Companion-sign to Taurus. A very fortuitous placement!
The guy in the video appears to have Virgo issues.:biggrin: You say he feels alienated? I was considering that "self-confident" might be better than "at home". How's his self-confidence? Also, could be "at home" mainly in the House of its placement, provided it's not poorly Aspected.

Sharp, the guy in the video has Virgo ascendant with Saturn conjunct Mercury in it. He is one of my very best friends, and he is doing a lot better now, lives together with a truly lovely woman, a very nice outcome of a long struggle. His Leo nature finally gets some opportunity to manifest itself now.

I don't have native ruling planets in their signs - I do know a guy with Mars in Mer but he is very keen on avoiding his purpose... haha, but yes, one might say he senses it, but this only results in his avoiding it, chickening out before it. I use that unflattering term because it is very wasteful of him and it annoys the hell out of me.

Ive had and lost a friend with Mars in Leo, and that was a genuinely purposeful guy. He had Sun in Taurus directly opposed to Uranus in Scorpio. He is dead now, one of very many from my generation raised in the 80's in Amsterdam, where basically boys would be punished and ridiculed for each and every masculine inclination, many just succumbed, became crazy and/or killed themselves.

Anyway, that Mars in Leo, Ive never met a person who was so relentless in his purposes. And yet, of course, he hasn't been allowed to fulfill most of them.

Yes, it could thus indeed be that my Jupiter in Taurus, also as it tightly trines Mars in Capricorn in X, is what allows me to fulfill my purpose - perhaps part of that is al the doubts and hardships I go through, as surely with my/our! kind of purposes, suffering is integral to the development of the powers to get there.

The video-guys self-confidence is solid, he is very vulnerable in many respects but he is probably the proudest guy I know. He is the one that led me to Nietzsche and William Blake when he was 16/17 and I 18/19, he went so utterly far with it - it was a time when he would write songs and sung one of them (very) aloud in school before a girl he liked, which didn't necessary work in his favour, as the song is properly Nietzschean and rather harsh in that, but surely showed his minerals.

And yet - it was all the result of his intense struggling with himself in the world. I definitely observe that Leo Suns need to feel that they are at home and self confident in the world -- regardless of how much work they need to do to get there.

david starling

I don't have a Native-ruler in its own Sign either. Here's a generalized, tentative, theoretical possibility about three placement types--

Native-ruler in the Sign it Native-rules: Sense of confidence, at least in the House in which they're located.

Regulating-ruler in the Sign it Regulates: Sense of direction, at least in that House's "Area of Life". (I have Ascendant in Pisces, which is in that category. Jupiter is InTandem with the Ascendant as Regulators for Pisces, and I do have Pisces Sun in close Trine to Jupiter in Scorpio--H9 Whole-sign, H8 Placidus.)

Motivational-ruler in the Sign it Motivates: Sense of impatience and urgency regarding what are perceived as necessary changes on a basic level. That would include Mercury in Aquarius, and Jupiter in Taurus. But, the nature of Taurus is patience in action, and that translates into the metaphor, "Slow Train Coming" (from a Bob Dylan song, which MIGHT work as your theme song.:biggrin:)

david starling

On second glance, the last one looks more like sense of purpose than the first or second. I've edited them into what I now believe are the correct descriptions. That's what carefully considered feedback can do for you!

Last edited:

david starling

Blacksun, just wondering if you can relate to that Dylan song. I used it for inspiration for several months, myself, while driving to a worksite that required strong nerves. :biggrin:

blacksun?

Blacksun, just wondering if you can relate to that Dylan song. I used it for inspiration for several months, myself, while driving to a worksite that required strong nerves. :biggrin:

Hey David,
Yes, I relate to that song quite strongly.
My mom is a veritable Dylan admirer, and in my childhood many of his songs have accompanied me. For the longest time I was in love with the song Señor/Tales of Yankee Power, which actually communicates a kind of opposite of purpose. You probably know the song. Still Ill quote two verses.

Can you tell me where were heading,
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon?
Seems like I been down this way before
Is there any truth in that, señor?

//

I can see that painted wagon
Smell the tail of the dragon
Can't stand the suspense anymore
Can you tell me who to contact here, señor?

He is an incredible poet.
And yes, I find the association with the term Slow Train Coming very satisfying and apt.

I am pleased to see the term purpose attributed here.

I have no Regulator in the sign it regulates - but I can see how these are strong placements. I very much like the feeling of Saturn in Aries.

blacksun?

Jupiter in Taurus does seem to bestow purpose - Im looking up on astrotheme,
the first page from their database includes Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Vladimir Putin, JFK, Bruce Lee, Picasso, John Lennon, FDR, Dylan himself on 29 Taurus, Mitterrand, Floyd Mayweather and Julius Caesar. People with backbone that managed to impart some of that strength on the world.

david starling

Hey David,
Yes, I relate to that song quite strongly.
My mom is a veritable Dylan admirer, and in my childhood many of his songs have accompanied me. For the longest time I was in love with the song Señor/Tales of Yankee Power, which actually communicates a kind of opposite of purpose. You probably know the song. Still Ill quote two verses.

Can you tell me where were heading,
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon?
Seems like I been down this way before
Is there any truth in that, señor?

//

I can see that painted wagon
Smell the tail of the dragon
Can't stand the suspense anymore
Can you tell me who to contact here, señor?

He is an incredible poet.
And yes, I find the association with the term Slow Train Coming very satisfying and apt.

I am pleased to see the term purpose attributed here.

I have no Regulator in the sign it regulates - but I can see how these are strong placements. I very much like the feeling of Saturn in Aries.

My big three were Slow Train, Senor, and Cup of Coffee.

david starling

With Leo InServiceTo Saturn, and my (unAspected) Saturn in Leo, I have incredible, level-headed willpower, but in emergency situations ONLY. If I use willpower in my normal daily life, it causes nothing but trouble and hurt feelings.

blacksun?

I also very much liked the Desire album, with Hurricane and Joey being narrative high points for me. These two songs have left the most visual impressions, I can clearly see the red lights flashing in a hot New Jersey night, and I am inside that clam bar in New York.

blacksun?

With Leo InServiceTo Saturn, and my (unAspected) Saturn in Leo, I have incredible, level-headed willpower, but in emergency situations ONLY. If I use willpower in my normal daily life, it causes nothing but trouble and hurt feelings.

I relate to this.

There is no better person to call on than me in a crisis situation. I become extremely calm and efficient. But this same power is so ruthless that in normal situations it leaves people rattled and shaken.

My Leo Saturn trines my Aries ascendant, and I have Part of Fortune in Leo.

I meant to ask you about that. I recently got into the idea that POF is like an accumulated ascendant, which comes into play more and more after Sun, Moon and Ascendant have had the time to respond to each other, so basically after a few decades of living.

So in my terms I would get Virgo as a second house influence, Libra 3rd and Scorpio fourth, which resonates extremely well with what I went through in my maternal family - suicides, sexual blackmail, spirits, fascism, communism, power lust causing deep betrayal, all of which in the most intimate ring of my inner circle. I have Uranus there. Uranus in Scorpio as a 4th house influence, you can do the math.

But all the resulting influences are very palpable in my life as it has developed from, say, my late teens onward.

david starling

I relate to this.

There is no better person to call on than me in a crisis situation. I become extremely calm and efficient. But this same power is so ruthless that in normal situations it leaves people rattled and shaken.

My Leo Saturn trines my Aries ascendant, and I have Part of Fortune in Leo.

I meant to ask you about that. I recently got into the idea that POF is like an accumulated ascendant, which comes into play more and more after Sun, Moon and Ascendant have had the time to respond to each other, so basically after a few decades of living.

So in my terms I would get Virgo as a second house influence, Libra 3rd and Scorpio fourth, which resonates extremely well with what I went through in my maternal family - suicides, sexual blackmail, spirits, fascism, communism, power lust causing deep betrayal, all of which in the most intimate ring of my inner circle. I have Uranus there. Uranus in Scorpio as a 4th house influence, you can do the math.

But all the resulting influences are very palpable in my life as it has developed from, say, my late teens onward.

I'll check that out. Very interesting idea! I would consider it a permanent overlay, like the SR chart is a temporary one.

david starling

Here's another connection I've been pondering--Native-ruler in the Sign Native-ruled by the Regulator (the Facilitator)--

Moon in Aries
Sun in Taurus
Jupiter in Gemini
Venus in Mer:)cancer:)
Pluto in Leo
Asc. in Virgo
Saturn in Libra
Ouranos/Urania :)uranus:) in Scorpio
Neptune in Sagittarius
Mars in Capricorn
Earth's Age Indicator(EAI) in Aquarius
Mercury in Pisces

[I'm labelling these "Facilitating" in effect. I have 2 of them, :mercury: in :pisces: and :pluto: in :leo:]

Last edited:

david starling

And, another--Native-ruler in the Sign Native-ruled by the Motivator (the Catalyst):

Asc. in Aries
Saturn in Taurus
Ouranos/Urania in Gemini
Neptune in Mer
Mars in Leo
Earth's Age Indicator in Virgo
Mercury in Libra
Moon in Scorpio
Sun in Sagittarius
Jupiter in Capricorn
Venus in Aquarius
Pluto in Pisces

[I'm labelling these "Catalytic" in effect. I have 2 of them, :uranus: in :gemini: and :venus: in :aquarius:]

Last edited:

david starling

Specifying it as "Earth's" Age Indicator, because there are other long-term cycles that are believed to be emanating directly from other sources. The Astrological plane of measurement, the Ecliptic, is Earth's orbital plane. The two methods for determining Astrological Ages that are transmitted from Earth's Resonance to the Ecliptic, use Terrestrial features to locate them in the Zodiacal context: Sidereally, most are using Earth's axial tilt, which gives us the First Point of Spring as the Age Indicator; and, Tropically, the elliptical shape of Earth's orbit provides the means to locate the Age Indicator in the Tropical setting.

david starling

When the Motivational-ruler of a Sign is in the Sign it Motivates, it imparts a sense of urgency and purpose.
Sun in Aries
Jupiter in Taurus
Venus in Gemini
Pluto in Mer (~mid1913 to mid1939)
Ascendant [+Jupiter (InTandem)] in Leo
Saturn in Virgo
Ouranos in Libra (~1968-1975)
Neptune in Scorpio (~1956-1970)
Mars in Sagittarius
Age Indicator [+Ouranos (InTandem)] in Capricorn [:uranus:~1988-1995]
Mercury in Aquarius
Moon in Pisces

Blacksun, with Jupiter in Taurus, would your sense of Purpose involve expansion of well-being :)jupiter:) in the Material realm :)taurus:) ? Also, which House is it in? You don't seem to be out for your own self-aggrandizement. Maybe a more prosperous world in general?