The age of Aquarius

JUPITERASC

it seems electricity and electromagnetism were discovered in 1820. this is not so surprising, since there was a uranus neptune conjunction squared by pluto for that year and the following year.pluto was aligned with aquarius constellation at that time.
Ancient Egyptians also seem to have had electricity, as do the Sumerians :smile:

There's an interesting web page discussing "The Lightbulbs of Dendera"
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/02files/Ancient_Electricity_02.html

And then there's The History of Electricity in Antiquity at http://ancientskyscraper.com/252301.html

ian wood

it was the discovery of electromagnetism relatively recently ,that led to electric motors and the changes that brought.i thought that seemed a significant event, especially as it coincided with the outer planets aspects,and the involvement of uranus.it is electromagnetism that provides the electricity, without which we could not be sharing our musings.i think this current ongoing pluto uranus square, could easily give birth to more innovations in science, especially involving travel.uranus and neptune are again connected during this current pluto uranus square, as they are in mutual reception in the sidereal zodiac.

ian wood

i discovered that the last time uranus and neptune were in mutual reception in the sidereal zodiac,this coincided with the first communication with a spirit that led to the beginning of spiritualism.i link the current trend with channeling various entities with this same mutual reception which lasts 7 years this time(4 years last time)it seems that connections with the outer planets increases the imagination.

fifteen

I won't live to see the day when we will shift into Aquarius. But I'm glad were moving out of Pisces, this 2500 year cycle of mutilation of the mind has left humanity drugged with Gods, religions, illusions, disillusions, addictions, suicidal behaviorism (wars) ...and was nothing short of confusing.

I do see the changes around me, that we are becoming Air. That is to say, humans will step out of their bodies in Aquarius, literally. This is noticeable in the way humans treat their body nowadays. The body is no longer sacred. It is almost expendable. We are no longer one with the body. Since the invention of footwear we started to isolate ourselves from earth. We've lost our grounding from Earth, and in Aquarius we´re beginning to disconnect the Body and the Soul.

I see humanity as it is today, vanishing, virtualizing and vaporizing from Earth like smoke. We'll become Spirit in this age. Air stands for technology, which can release us from the body one day. And Scientists will do it. They will find a way to separate our spirit from our body. Whether that be intentional or unintentional, I do not know.

Looks like great fun, but I think that the dire consequence is that this earth will die in the process.

Last edited:
K

Katydidit

... We'll become Spirit in this age... And Scientists will do it. They will find a way to separate our spirit from our body.

I generally enjoy your imagination, fifteen. I'd like to debate this one point, all IMO. My premise:

Understanding spirit in this age, yes. Scientists, no.

Separation of mind/spirit from body comes from within you - not from outside of you. Spirit rises from an internal awareness. If it could be explained and tutored through scientists' textbooks, we would be there already. Do you think we're gonna take a vaccination for it? Cuz tomorrow's marketing world would grab that like a brass ring.

Hope this helps --
K

fifteen

Separation of mind/spirit from body comes from within you - not from outside of you. Spirit rises from an internal awareness. If it could be explained and tutored through scientists' textbooks, we would be there already. Do you think we're gonna take a vaccination for it? Cuz tomorrow's marketing world would grab that like a brass ring.

Hope this helps --
K

That's the positive side. :joyful:

The bad side is, that Scientist can do/create something that result in human extinction. Thus: a separation of the spirit and body. And we're becoming Air, Spirit before returning on Earth when Capricorn is ready.

Which way it will be, I don't know. But I firmly believe we're leaving this place, either voluntary or involuntary, but with the help of technology and Science. At least, that is my vision...

:smile:

Last edited:

AquarianEssence

Culpeper, can you please tell me what your date is based on? I've seen that year in a couple of places but nothing to back it up, astrologically or astronomically. I spent some time seeking when the Sun crossed the borders. I couldn't use my own software, since neither goes back before 500BC or so. But, I used true node, along with astro.com and come up with sidereal Sun crossing into Pisces at the vernal equinox, 222 so there is no way that the next age could have started already, based on that criteria. I also don't see why Altair, in the eagle, not even part of the zodiac, would mark the changing of an age. I could consider a very important star that marks a lunar mansion but Altair? In 1870, this star was at the final minutes of Capricorn, tropical, sidereal at 7Cap, Sun at 7Pisces at equinox. Besides, this star is only used in the Hindu mansions.

So far, I've looked at when Sun precessed into Taurus, Aries and Pisces. History seems to fit Taurus and Aries but Jesus seems to have been premature. Maybe that's why he perceived he was forsaken?

Or is there a different way than this to measure? Maybe it should be based on a very ancient constellation division rather than today's method? Usually I would expect humanities intuition to get it right though. The naming of the planets and asteroids hasn't let us down at all.

This has been an ongoing astronomical question as when does it begin, the age change?

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2558218

According to the Belgian astronomer and mathematical wizard Jean Meeus (bio here), who does adhere to the IAU’s definitions, the sun at the March equinox passed from being in front of the constellation Aries and to being in front of the constellation Pisces in 68 B.C. Looking ahead, again according to Jean Meeus, the March equinox will cross over into the constellation Aquarius in 2597. Once again, these are the astronomical dates, based on IAU constellation boundaries established in 1930.

And thus there is no consensus as to when the Age of Aquarius begins. In The Book of World Horoscopes, Nicholas Campion suggests that approximated dates for entering the Age of Aquarius range from 1447 AD to 3597 AD. Campion also ...........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Aquarius

David Williams claims that the Age of Aquarius arrived around 1844, with the harbinger of the Siyyid `Alí Muḥammad (1819–1850), who founded Bábism.

Marcia Moore and Mark Douglas promoted the view that, although no one knows when the Aquarian Age begins, the American Revolution, the Industrial Revolution, and the discovery of electricity are all attributable to the Aquarian Age.[9]

Vera Reid takes a common position expressed by many astrologers and New Agers about the Age of Aquarius. Reid sees the Age of Aquarius as that time when humankind takes control of the Earth and its own destiny as its rightful heritage.

Zoller also believes that knowledge in the Aquarian Age will only be valued for its ability to win wars; scientists may even be able to precipitate earthquakes for military means, and the danger in the Aquarian Age is that knowledge and science will be abused, not industry and trade. Zoller sees the Aquarian Age as a Dark Age in which religion will be seen as offensive.[13]

.......Spencer states that nuclear power must be a manifestation of the Aquarian Age and comments on the parallel between the 25,000 years it takes for uranium to decay with the 26,000-year cycle of the astrological ages.[14]

MacNeice also reports that Gleadow believed that the recent conflicts in the world (presumably the 20th century) correlate to the conflict between Saturn, ancient ruler of Aquarius and Uranus, modern ruler of Aquarius. Gleadow states that Saturn represents control, restrictions, and slavery, while Uranus represents culture, civilization, and intelligence. Though Gleadow viewed Uranus as a "good planet", the famous astrologer Raphael[16] believed Uranus to be evil.[17]

Ray Grasse proposes a "wave" theory of the shifting Great Ages, suggesting that the Age of Aquarius will not arrive on a given date but is instead emerging in influence over many years, similar to how the tide surges forward incrementally rather than all at once. He identifies certain historical periods as especially significant points in that unfoldment, such as the French Revolution or the 1960s, but notes that the full-blown expression of the Aquarian era may still be centuries away.

Rudolf Steiner believes that the Age of Aquarius will arrive in 3573 AD. In Steiner’s approach to the astrological ages, each age is exactly 2,160 years. Based on this structure, the world has been in the Age of Pisces since 1413 AD

Siri Singh Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji, known as Yogi Bhajan, taught that The Age of Aquarius began on November 11, 1991[21] and fully transitioned from Pisces on November 20, 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_age

http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2012/...age-of-aquarius-the-new-earth-by-scott-mowry/

dr. farr

C.C. Zain estimated that the Age of Aquarius began in 1889;
S. L. MacGregor Mathers (co-founder of the Golden Dawn) gave 2050 as the beginning of the Aquarian Age;
Using the Alcyone/Pleiades ayanamsa, the Age of Aquarius began in the Spring of 2001...

AquarianEssence

Dr. Farr, thank you for helping me realize the key to this problem. Silly me, I wasn't considering the ayanamsa, which is the foundation for the rate of precession. No wonder I couldn't repeat anything through software that others were claiming. Since I started out searching in ancient history, I used astro.com because neither Kepler or Winstar will go back that far. The problem is, they only have Fagan/Bradley and Lahiri to choose from so...Back to Kepler, which has many options, I see that J2000 puts Sun at 29°Pisces58'58" at the vernal equinox in 2001. This could be valid for modern times, but this can't work for ancient times. J1950 puts it at 28°Pisces35'10" so even an epoch 50 years earlier makes a major difference. Then we have the problem of epoch cooridinates for the constellation borders if we are going to use their Aries oint. The IAU is using B1875, which has already skewed the constellation border lines so, will the Aries point stay constant?

There are so many different methods for creating a sidereal chart. Look at this list for what a difference there is between all of them. This is a very good study that seems to show how poorly most ayanamsas work. A number out of the phone book worked better in most cases. He used the 1st 6 numbers. http://home.valornet.com/overbeck/AyanStat.pdf

I came up with spring 222 as the entry into Pisces because Fagan/Bradley ayanamsa is based on the year before, if I am understanding this correctly. The problem with this is that if you use a fixed star (in their case, Spica in the virgin) at a certain period of time to base calculations on, because it isn't really fixed, it cannot work for another other period in history, can it? Unless someone makes a really strong case for one particular way of precessing, there is no way to know when any age begins for sure. Obviously no one has made their case strong enough, otherwise there wouldn't be 23+ ayanamsas being used. They call the sidereal zodiac fixed, but it isn't fixed at all. The only thing they all have in common is they pick some star at some certain time to be their starting point.

I'd really like to see us address this seriously because it is important. While tropical astrology works quite well, we apparently are stuck in the 4th century. How can we move into a new age with that mindset. My sidereal works quite well though because using Fagan/Bradley, my Sidereal Sun is my ascendant degree, only 5'off. Moon is only minutes away from Saturn, and the MC is the midpoint of my bowl pattern.

Maybe part of the problem is defining exactly how long an age truly is, for I'm using 2160 years yet in reviewing Anthony Louis's first book, Horary Astrology: The History and Practice of Astro-Divination, he is giving a whole different span for the length of an age.

How can we be accurate if we don't agree upon how long is an age?

Surely astronomers have a set rule upon this!

rahu

Banned
The rings of Saturn had always shown it’s authority over other planes of reality. It’s Ring "Pass-NOT Pass” showed the ancients perceived Saturn as the portal to higher planes of existence. Saturn was the lord of Time and ruler of Reality because of it’s rings.
On march 10, 1977 ,the rings of Uranus were first viewed and the portals past Time were opened.
I believe this is the marker of the beginning of the aquarian age.
Jupiter was conjunct lilth and opposed to the asteroid kepler.
I wonder what kepler’s idea was about the beginning aquarian age.

rahu

Attachments

• astro_2gw_1312_uranus_79484_31320.jpg
    astro_2gw_1312_uranus_79484_31320.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

dr. farr

AquarianEssence:

Probably the BEST historically researched ayanamsa, is one that has long been forgotten, since it originated outside of our astrological community: old Professor Whitney (Yale University, last century) had made a massive historical study of ancient astronomy (Allen's "Star Names", contains much of Whitney's historical research) Working with astronomers from Yale University and Harvard University, Prof. Whitney defined the historical boundaries of the constellations (zodiacal and others), taken from many different ancient cultures: he and the astrononers defined the historical boundaries of Pisces, and together they calculated that the Vernal Equinox entered the historical bondaries of the constellation Pisces, in 420 AD. This is 135 years later than the Lahiri ayanamsa, and even later than that vis a vis Fagan-Bradley. Using this "Whitney/Yale/Harvard" ayanamsa, we find it to be about 1 degree 48 minutes less than, say, Lahiri, and this "forgotten ayanamsa" of Whitney's, would, projecting into the future, mark the beginning of the Age of Aquarius @ 2580 AD...

AquarianEssence

Cause and effect is probably the most telling clue as to when we will or have shifted into the age of Aquarius, look back through the last 1000 years and observe the relatively sudden advancement in things Uranian around 500 years ago, invention/electricity and more recently humanitarian concerns etc., don't forget that an approaching change would have to have an approaching orb that could translate in time to hundreds of years....No-one seems to be able to match any other planetary configurations in the past to the sudden advancement of technology, the shift into the age of Aquarius fits well!

I agree, there does seem to be a lot of evidence that we have entered the new age. But, there must be astronomy to prove that objectively, rather than just a more subjective approach. The Pluto-Uranus cycle could also account for this kind of Uranian progress.
...On march 10, 1977 ,the rings of Uranus were first viewed and the portals past Time were opened. I believe this is the marker of the beginning of the aquarian age...
rahu
respectfully snipped by me. Thanks for the chart, Rahu. Interesting. I think though, that the separating aspects from the lights, rulers of the eyes, show they were intuitively seen long before becoming fully conscious. Pisces and Scorpio are both intuitive signs. But, again, I think it is more than being able to see a planet or it's rings that marks a major event like this.

It has to be connected to a major ingress like the Vernal equinox, most likely shown through the precession of our light giving Sun, the planet that allows us to see and be aware. But, I can't discount the idea that it may be marked by a major star, like one of the for great watcher/guardian stars. I'd think the GC was a possibility too. Using a point like this would bring the macrocosm into the microcosm of earth.

The problem with later dates is that this would put the birth of Jesus, assumed correctly, in my opinion, to usher in the Piscean age, a half a millennium premature. I could accept that though, considering his demise, not being accepted by his own. But, would need to judge any date based on the astronomy and method being used, as much as my little, not super mathematically inclinded mind can handle. Dr. Farr, you mentioned Zain and 1889, which would not allow much time for the age of Pisces, unless it started long before assumed. You also mentioned Mathers and 2050, which could fit, but I'm having difficulty finding anything about how he came to this conclusion. Although a Virgo, I'm not one to accept anything on blind faither, just to balance the Virgo/Pisces axis. I came up empty searching for Professor Whitney. I'd like to know more about how it was calculated.

Clinton, I skimmed the contents and a couple of links but didn't see anything relevant.