What can i do about my combust venus?

turkish girl

Hi all,

I assume many many ones have that sun venus conjunction in their chart.But somehow i feel it a lot.Maybe because of mars's energy also there,maybe she is in 6th house,added extra debilitation,i don't know.

''In most cases the sacrifice of love is because of career or other personal goals or ideals represented by the Sun''.

Not just romance i mean,all venus things,i just can never enjoy,i always fell tensioned,stressed,never get relaxed,i am tired of all hardworks since my childhood i have been dealing with.

And another problem is i feel that i am not loved.I dont know if that is the truth or i am greedy on that issue but i feel so and i always felt so.It first started with my mom,then some of my friends,and then the guy who i like.I feel like i show my attention but i cant get back it fully.Maybe my thinking path is wrong..

Well i wonder that,what astrologers suggest people who has combust venus?I have read some books and googled but found nothing kinda.They just say symptoms,they dont tell cure at all.

Thanks,

Attachments

• western chart.jpg
    western chart.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 41

waybread

In modern astrology a planet conjunct the sun has no harsh connotation attatched to it. It simply means that you identify (sun) with whatever that planet represents. In a woman's chart, Venus symbolizes your femininity.

Moon opposite Saturn can give you that unloved feeling. But it doesn't mean you actually are unloved-- just that this is how you see yourself.

JUPITERASC

Hi all,

I assume many many ones have that sun venus conjunction in their chart.
But somehow i feel it a lot.
Maybe because of mars's energy also there,
maybe she is in 6th house,added extra debilitation,i don't know.

''In most cases the sacrifice of love is because of career
or other personal goals or ideals represented by the Sun''.

Not just romance i mean,all venus things,
i just can never enjoy,i always fell tensioned,stressed,never get relaxed,
i am tired of all hardworks since my childhood i have been dealing with.

And another problem is i feel that i am not loved.
I dont know if that is the truth or i am greedy on that issue but i feel so
and i always felt so.It first started with my mom,then some of my friends,and then the guy who i like.
I feel like i show my attention but i cant get back it fully.
Traditionally this is a serious debility
and implies that the planet is weakened or restricted in power.
However, if the planet is within 17 minutes of the Sun,
it is termed Cazimi - in the heart of the Sun
- and considered strengthened by the union.

In his Introduction, William Lilly stated
that the combust planet should be in the same sign as the Sun and within 8° 30'
- beyond this distance, but within 17 ° of the Sun
the planet is said to be under the Sun's beams.
This condition is debilitating, but not as severe as combustion.

Lilly wrote of this: "The significator of the Querent combust
shows him or her in great fear, and overpowered by some great person". (CHRISTIAN ASTROLOGY p.113)

Your Venus is definitely combust and it seems you are experiencing the consequences

Maybe my thinking path is wrong..

Well i wonder that,what astrologers suggest people who has combust venus?
I have read some books and googled
but found nothing kinda.T
hey just say symptoms,they dont tell cure at all.

Thanks,
Consider practicing Tai Chi and/or Minsfulness Meditation :smile:

turkish girl

In modern astrology a planet conjunct the sun has no harsh connotation attatched to it. It simply means that you identify (sun) with whatever that planet represents. In a woman's chart, Venus symbolizes your femininity.

Moon opposite Saturn can give you that unloved feeling. But it doesn't mean you actually are unloved-- just that this is how you see yourself.

Yes you can be right about saturn moon opposition.But in my opinion there is something wrong with my venus too.

turkish girl

Traditionally this is a serious debility
and implies that the planet is weakened or restricted in power.
However, if the planet is within 17 minutes of the Sun,
it is termed Cazimi - in the heart of the Sun
- and considered strengthened by the union.

In his Introduction, William Lilly stated
that the combust planet should be in the same sign as the Sun and within 8° 30'
- beyond this distance, but within 17 ° of the Sun
the planet is said to be under the Sun's beams.
This condition is debilitating, but not as severe as combustion.

Lilly wrote of this: "The significator of the Querent combust
shows him or her in great fear, and overpowered by some great person". (CHRISTIAN ASTROLOGY p.113)

Your Venus is definitely combust and it seems you are experiencing the consequences

Consider practicing Tai Chi and/or Minsfulness Meditation :smile:

Thanks for suggestion.
Well Tai chi is which i cant do but meditation would work for me,i hope.

waybread

What do you see as the problem with your Venus?

I have sun, Venus, in Mercury in Aquarius as well, and I think it's a fine sign. My Venus is not conjunct my sun, but it is conjunct Mercury and opposite moon. We Aquarians need our space and we may intellectualize relationships more than other signs, and we don't match up well with very watery people who live through their feelings and expect you to do the same. To Scorpios and Cancers, we may seem aloof or out of touch with our feelings. But on Planet Aquarius we are the normal ones.

I also have my moon in Leo, and I appreciate this sign's proclivities for generosity, playfulness, and doing things for people with a sense of style.

With five planets in Aquarius, you may feel that you are out of synch with your peers. This is because Aquarius has such a strong need to be true to itself. It may be hard for you to be inauthentic just so that you can go along with the herd. But that's OK. Hopefully you can befriend some other Aquarians, or air-signs Libra and Gemini.

With so many planets in the 6th house, you may find a sense of fulfillment in serving other people, whether through volunteerism or a career in the health field. Aquarius has a strong altruistic streak for groups of people, and you can be beneficial to them.

I don't see Venus as the issue, but hopefully you can explain what I am missing. I do see some potential for self-esteem issues, with Saturn opposite moon and involved in a T-square (and quintile) with Pluto, and Chiron conjunct your ascendant.

Also, transiting Neptune in your 7th house of relationships may make it hard for you to sustain a relationship just now. Perhaps one that you thought was very real may dissolve in your hands, or it is hard at this time to feel that a solid, permanent relationship is possible for you. But this is a transit, not your basic life blueprint.

Frankly, in traditional western astrology my chart looks like a Heap of Bad News. Happily I learned modern astrology first and I am a senior, so I can look back on my life and feel that, for the most part, it turned out OK.

turkish girl

What do you see as the problem with your Venus?

I have sun, Venus, in Mercury in Aquarius as well, and I think it's a fine sign. My Venus is not conjunct my sun, but it is conjunct Mercury and opposite moon. We Aquarians need our space and we may intellectualize relationships more than other signs, and we don't match up well with very watery people who live through their feelings and expect you to do the same. To Scorpios and Cancers, we may seem aloof or out of touch with our feelings. But on Planet Aquarius we are the normal ones.

I also have my moon in Leo, and I appreciate this sign's proclivities for generosity, playfulness, and doing things for people with a sense of style.

With five planets in Aquarius, you may feel that you are out of synch with your peers. This is because Aquarius has such a strong need to be true to itself. It may be hard for you to be inauthentic just so that you can go along with the herd. But that's OK. Hopefully you can befriend some other Aquarians, or air-signs Libra and Gemini.

With so many planets in the 6th house, you may find a sense of fulfillment in serving other people, whether through volunteerism or a career in the health field. Aquarius has a strong altruistic streak for groups of people, and you can be beneficial to them.

I don't see Venus as the issue, but hopefully you can explain what I am missing. I do see some potential for self-esteem issues, with Saturn opposite moon and involved in a T-square (and quintile) with Pluto, and Chiron conjunct your ascendant.

Also, transiting Neptune in your 7th house of relationships may make it hard for you to sustain a relationship just now. Perhaps one that you thought was very real may dissolve in your hands, or it is hard at this time to feel that a solid, permanent relationship is possible for you. But this is a transit, not your basic life blueprint.

Frankly, in traditional western astrology my chart looks like a Heap of Bad News. Happily I learned modern astrology first and I am a senior, so I can look back on my life and feel that, for the most part, it turned out OK.

Thanks for this detailed comment!!

I am so happy to learn that our charts are similiar.So maybe that means i can be good at astrology like you haha :))

At the beginning i must have to say that i really appreciate your thoughts and comments,of course you know much better than me,plus i don't know modern astrology,i learnt western astrology by online,myself so it is up to some extent only.

Actually i don't know how to express my feelings but i read some articles and i found these,These words actually tell about me:

''Combust Venus would show a child who, when wanting to show love, affection and appreciation, was rejected by a parent too busy, rigid or unconcerned. Their affection and love was not appreciated and a deep hypersensitivity surrounding love, affection and feeling appreciated was the result.''

''These people have situation in their life whether they want to choose career or relationship. depending on the sign which planet is strong they get result.''

I had to always choose career,well as you also told above in health sector,as a medical student i am,i like what i am doing though but especially for 1-2 years it is really hard.I wanna enjoy more,i feel that it is time for me to begin a serious relationship but i don't have time for all these.I was always busy since my childhood,always had homeworks,while others were having fun,going out,i was at home and studying only.Once at high school I had to reject one boy even though i liked him cause of my studies.But i am tired of all these.I just can't make a balance between career and relationship.I don't wanna be career oriented person.

Regarding feeling unloved,Moon Saturn aspect,it can be true about my mom.but what about other people?Actually my mom once told me that she did not show her love to us cause she did not want them to be dependant to her after my father died.That is for sure a wrong behaviour.I mean Moon here can trigger my thinking path as you told.

Last edited:

waybread

Turkish girl, thanks for you kind words. I've been studying astrology since about 1990 and reading charts on-line for the past 9 years, so hopefully that counts for something. I wonder if you've studied medical astrology!

Just now Neptune is transiting your 7th house of marriage and other permanent relationships. This can make it difficult to get a sense of perspective on your relationship options. Neptune rules beautiful illusions but also bitter disillusionment, missing the grounded reality in between.

Also, with Chiron conjunct your ascendant, you may go through extensive periods when "it hurts to be you." Chiron indicates emotional and even physical hurts that never completely heal; but where, with diligence and openness, we can gain compassion and hopefully some wisdom for other people. I could imagine you in the future, advising medical students who come to you for advice and reassurance.

With so many planets in Aquarius in the 6th house of health (add in Mars, the planet ruling physicians, in whole signs houses) you seem so much in the right career. Mercury rules your MC (career house cusp) and it is in the 6th house as well.

I don't believe in rigid binaries, but perhaps in the past you could have focused on a relationship and conventional marriage, and then always wondered what might have been, had you pursued a medical career.

Since the moon symbolizes one's experience of the mother as well as one's emotional nature, and your moon is in the 12th house, it isn't surprising that your mother was a source of emotional pain for you, and that you have felt the need to keep your own emotional nature under lock and key.

The 12th house, however, also rules hospitals, so it seems very consistent with your profession. You may feel "at home" in the hospital. Not everybody does!

I don't think anything in your chart says that you can't find love and marriage in your life. Just that your life purpose seems to be as a healer.

Speaking of healing, I think that time is the great healer. That, and a short memory!

turkish girl

Thank you again,

Wow ,since 1990...That's so long!
Unfortunately i did not study medical astrology yet.But i am thinking to.

Regarding Neptun,it can make me confused,or show me the facts are different than how they actually are but as an outer planet can it effect me that much??And Neptun transit will finish in 2025,then skip to Aries,so until that time it will be in my 7th house.Honestly i don't wanna be single til that year LOL.

An idea came in my mind that what if Saturn transit in my 5th house at the same time with Neptun in 7th house.I mean Saturn would make an aspect to 7th,and maybe Saturn's nature could balance the things about reality and neptun's dream and all.What do you think about this?And as virgo ascendant,neptun co rules my 7th house so,why we call it as a bad time?Here i am a bit confused.I actually understood what you meant but neptun here in it's own house.

I am happy to hear that it also suits me by astrologically.Feeling at home part,well i don't know,but i can say i don't feel bad at the hospitals like others feel.

Healer,wow,it is so mystical!

Last edited:

waybread

Traditional western and Vedic astrologers do not use the modern outer planets, so I have to say that they would view your chart differently than a modern western astrologer (me.) Most of them also use the whole sign house system which I am also starting to consider more and more.

Your natal chart-- which after all, is cast for the baby at its very moment of birth-- is really only a potential. Which you seem to be expressing in many ways. Aquarius is the sign of the scientist, and the 6th is the house of illness and health. If we put them together, you seem so well placed in the health sciences! So healer, yes.

Turkish girl, would you be willing to post another two charts? (1) natal chart plus secondary progressions, (2) natal chart plus solar arc directions. These will indicate how you are evolving now as an adult, and it will give us some different insights on your love life.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what specialty in medicine are your leaning towards or planning on at this point?

obsidianmineral

Traditional western and Vedic astrologers do not use the modern outer planets, so I have to say that they would view your chart differently than a modern western astrologer (me.) Most of them also use the whole sign house system which I am also starting to consider more and more.

Your natal chart-- which after all, is cast for the baby at its very moment of birth-- is really only a potential. Which you seem to be expressing in many ways. Aquarius is the sign of the scientist, and the 6th is the house of illness and health. If we put them together, you seem so well placed in the health sciences! So healer, yes.

Turkish girl, would you be willing to post another two charts? (1) natal chart plus secondary progressions, (2) natal chart plus solar arc directions. These will indicate how you are evolving now as an adult, and it will give us some different insights on your love life.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what specialty in medicine are your leaning towards or planning on at this point?

I personally do consider outer planets

In my experience, I've seen that Vedic astrology is less accurate and more general

Traditional astrology is, on the other hand, outdated. What would traditional astrologers have done if they had discovered the outers? They probably would've used them. Or atleast, tried to use them.

So, I think it's fair to try to use them in natal charts.

turkish girl

We change,time changes,we get experiences and it changes us,it changes our attitudes.That is so right that there are some phases in life that i can feel like an Aquarius then when it changes sign,as an Pisces maybe,.Nothing is stable.I don't have much knowledge about this topic,but i have read some article on that and these opinions i had got.

Actually how can you become so correct i am just amazed and surprised!!Regarding scientist part..I am 5th year medical student,after one year later i will be a general practitioner but i will try to pass the speciality exam.By its results i will choose one.It is so so true that i wanna be scientist,i have never thought to become a surgeon,my teacher says you have talent but i am not interested in,I always wanted to stay at the research team.At a room with bubbling test tubes :)Especially I find pathology very interesting,it is a pure science.

Regarding love...i am not hopeful but well let's see lol.

Attachments

• progressed and natal.jpg
    progressed and natal.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 23
  • natal and solar arc.jpg
    natal and solar arc.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

waybread

Thanks so much for your kind words. I get enough criticism from people who hate my chart reading or advice, that I am always grateful when a reading seems accurate and well-received. It keeps me going!

I don't have any psychic abilities. Basically astrology works as a kind of language or set of symbols. I've also seen it compared to mathematics. By analogy, if a chemistry researcher regularly works with a lot of symbols for chemical compounds and the mathematics of their reactions, after a while she develops a lot of facility with letters, numbers, and symbols that would make no sense to me whatever. Where each data byte in a horoscope symbolizes a set of options, in combining the data bytes, you start to narrow down the number of options that are consistently possible.

Wow! It just occurs to me that this is how a medical diagnosis works, although usually with much more precision. If I present in the doctor's office with a set of symptoms, the doctor will take mental note of them, probably ask me a few questions, maybe listen to my chest or look down my throat, and perhaps order some medical tests. Out of this analysis comes a diagnosis and prognosis. An experienced doctor has a better chance of diagnosing correctly than a new resident. (Unless the older doctor hasn't kept up with recent advances, which happens with astrologers, too.)

Sometimes, when a diagnosis or treatment is wrong, it's because the doctor is missing something. Maybe the patient was in the tropics and exposed to a disease that is rare further north, for example; but because so few of the doctor's patients spend time in the tropics, it wouldn't be normal to ask the patient about his travels. Similar to astrology.

Until about the 1600s in European universities, astrology was seen as an adjunct to medicine, to be used in diagnosing patients. Then medical researchers began making advances without astrology's benefit, and astrology was dropped from the curriculum.

I digress. Back to your love life!.... There are goings-on in your progressed and solar arc charts that suggest (a) love will be on your mind now, but (b) in a painful kind of way. These conditions are not permanent, thankfully; and if you're willing to think laterally, you can take advantage of them.

Your progressed Venus has moved into your 7th house of committed relationships. You probably feel more open to love than you did in the past. In a couple of years she's going to make a favourable aspect to beneficial Jupiter. She's in a good place. But she is opposed by a little planetoid called Chiron and your progressed ascendant (body and outward personality.)

With Chiron sitting right on your natal ascendant, you may have spent a lot of your life believing that there was something wrong with your looks or personality. This can cause a big hit to your self esteem. Maybe now is the time for Venus to assert herself a bit. Natally you are one beautiful woman (Venus conjunct sun), if in a slightly unconventional way (Aquarius) and once you allow yourself to get this about yourself, you will come across very differently to others (ascendant.)

With your moon in Leo (as mine is) we actually feel happiest when we can look our best. (OK, maybe this is hard to manage when you are dressed in scrubs or a lab coat,) but see if treating yourself to a spa afternoon or a new hairstyle is helpful. Natally you have Saturn opposite moon, but by progression Saturn is moving off so the moon has a greater chance to express herself without being made to feel guilty about it.

We Leo moons do best with a fair bit of sunlight, and the desert is our rulership. If you can't get sufficient natural sunlight this time of year or a desert holiday, try lighting candles in the evening or wearing gold jewelry. The moon rules our moods, so this should help soothe your feelings.

Your solar arc chart is another kind of progression. It gives a different, but hopefully compatible picture.

Your solar arc moon is in your first house, reinforcing that your feelings would benefit from pampering yourself just a little. Maybe a new fitness regimen. Solar arc Venus has been sitting on your natal Saturn, so it is understandable that you have been feeling stressed and unhappy about your love life, but Venus is moving off, so those feelings should lessen.

Solar arc Mercury and Saturn are now in your 7th house. I wonder whether you have the idea that you need someone your own age. Mercury rules younger people and Saturn rules mature and older people. There may be someone out there that you haven't considered because he seems too young or too old. Saturn in the 7th can indicate disappointments and delays. But it can also mean a relationship with an older man. So please keep your eyes wide open.

But, my goodness, Turkish girl! With so much Aquarius in your chart, you would be a natural for joining a reputable Internet dating site. Not one of the ones that attracts creeps and weirdos, but a reputable one. A married couple in my neighbourhood met on-line. My daughter and her boyfriend of four years met on-line.

The question, mostly, would be when and how you would find the time in your busy schedule for a man in your life. Hopefully your schedule (or his, as you are probably surrounded by male medical students and doctors) will ease up a little.

In terms of timing, do you know how to read an ephemeris?

Also, if you could look up one more point on your natal chart that I forgot to ask about earlier-- it's called the vertex and it works a little like a second 7th house cusp. You'll find it in the lower-left hand side of the chart construction page under the additional data points that you can add to your chart.

turkish girl

Well the people who don't like your reading must be blind!!!

It is so accurate,here again I am surprised.Actually you know what I have been dealing with vedic astrology and I just can't believe it is just almost same with my solar arc return chart.Moon in 1st,Saturn and mercury in 7th,it is so similar.

As you told Saturn mercury relation,I am mostly attracted to mature men who are serious but also talkative(mercury).I am more mature than my age so I just can't really get along with the people who is around my age.I like age gap,I like security,and don't like adventures in a relationship.As an Aquarius I like different things and spices but security comes first to me.But as you told maybe I should give chances with other boys who are at same age with me,I know Saturn says at least 8 year age gap but well I am okay with that too.But honestly I would not want to be with a guy younger than me!

Love is on my mind yes,in a painful way..yes,that's also true!

Here you are on spot again!!Well right now I like a guy whom I met online in a language group.7th ruler jupiter in 3rd also can show this as well beside having Aquarius energy.Unfortunately things are not going well,the different countries,long distance makes it hard,and I these days realised that I act angrily,I mean I am hot headed.Actually this is one of the reason why I thought there is something wrong with my venus cause she conjunct with mars and Sun,gives me fiery nature.The guy is now offended cause of I did not trust in him in some points.And I expressed myself not in a proper way.I want to change this side of me really!!!
By the way I don't think online date idea will work for me,with this guy also,it will end I know,cause the real problem is i cant feel close to him,cause of that distance,and he seems cold towards me maybe he has saturn in his 1st house that's why.You have told before that we aquarians love freedom yes but in this relationship matters i like feeling close,i feel he does not care me as i care him and that hurts me alot!

By the way this is irrelevant with topic but,what do you think about dual cosmodyne scores?Well ranking aspects and planets maybe not seem accurate but I did it with some couples around me and it worked.

Thanks for this compliment,just to accurate you,haha I am not boasting,people who knows me also say so:)

Ephemeris,î have some limited knowledge.I don't know how to read.I told you above that I dealt with vedic since last one year so I know read maha antar and pratyar dashas,and transit of planets.For example if a person going through her 7th,5th,Navamsa ruler dashas it gives chance on relationship etc.

I will read more about ephemeris:)

My God ,my vertex is 02 degree of Aquarius!again..

Last edited:

waybread

Thanks, Turkish girl!

If you can read an ephemeris you can see what transits will be hitting your natal planets. It works like a train timetable, so basically choose a date or time period of interest, and see what's happening. Venus transiting through your 7th house, for example, is favourable for starting a relationship. Same with Jupiter, but it is a slow-moving planet, whereas Venus circles the chart once per year.

Best wishes, W.

turkish girl

Thanks, Turkish girl!

If you can read an ephemeris you can see what transits will be hitting your natal planets. It works like a train timetable, so basically choose a date or time period of interest, and see what's happening. Venus transiting through your 7th house, for example, is favourable for starting a relationship. Same with Jupiter, but it is a slow-moving planet, whereas Venus circles the chart once per year.

Best wishes, W.

Thank you!!