favourite quotes?

StarGazerGirl

"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy." ~ Rabindranath Tagore

For a while I found a certain level of peace through volunteering... wherever I could. It's really something special.

animatedoodle

"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy." ~ Rabindranath Tagore

For a while I found a certain level of peace through volunteering... wherever I could. It's really something special.

growing-older-audrey-hepburn.jpg

Blaze

Account Closed

Aye, it's one of the only ways I can bring peace to my mind......

And remember, everyday is a good day to practice compassion....

StarGazerGirl

Aye, it's one of the only ways I can bring peace to my mind......

And remember, everyday is a good day to practice compassion....

Yes. Compassion for self and others... to feel it and mean it.

"I am not better than.
I am not less than.
I am not even equal to.
We are one" ~ teal

Blaze

Account Closed
Reading some Voltaire. Truly a wise funny philosopher.

"It's forbidden to kill; therefore all murderer's are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."

haidee

I thought of this after reading another thread on quotes, but it was in the humor section, so I figured I'd post it here instead. :sleeping:
Though I'm not religious, it's from the Bible:
PROVERBS 17:28: Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise, and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
Also the idiom "there are two sides to every story" popped up in my mind yesterday... It's good to remember that, imo.

piercethevale

"Sometimes ya gotta lie, cheat and steal. Lie to save a friend. Cheat death. Steal the heart of the one you love." The late, San Francisco Chronicle columnist, Herb Caen

piercethevale

I thought of this after reading another thread on quotes, but it was in the humor section, so I figured I'd post it here instead. :sleeping:
Though I'm not religious, it's from the Bible:

Also the idiom "there are two sides to every story" popped up in my mind yesterday... It's good to remember that, imo.

"IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND BE THOUGHT OF AS A FOOL THAN TO OPEN ONES MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT" I've forgotten who that is attributed to.

piercethevale

"It's a fierce heavy feeling, thinking something's expected from you but you don't know exactly what it is. Brings forth a weird kind of guilt."
From the movie, "I'm Not There", attributed to Bob Dylan

piercethevale

Reading some Voltaire. Truly a wise funny philosopher.

"It's forbidden to kill; therefore all murderer's are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."

...but, mostly, only to those of whom the trumpets do play..
...some of us are deaf, and need to count on one finger at a time...

Bush-Cheney-and-Rumsfeld.png

WANTED