Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Spiritual Realm

Spiritual Realm This is the place for deep conversations on the divine, spiritual, esoteric, metaphysical, and arcane in your life.

Unread 10-20-2012, 04:25 AM

Highest form of divination?

When is comes to divination, what do you use? Astrology, tarot, spells, dream divination, ect...? What were your results? How did it work. What works and what doesn't in your opinion? Anything to make one in particular work better? I have tried a form of dream divination and it didn't work. I'd fall asleep thinking of a question, and not dream about what I was thinking of, my dream has nothing to do with said question. What gives?

Unread 10-20-2012, 04:36 AM

Re: Highest form of divination?

Astrology is my favourite. I like tarot, and sometimes use it. I started out reading cards.

But you can just walk down the street, and everything is spelling out messages of one form or another.

I think dreamwork takes natural ability and/or lots of work. I put in a lot of effort learning to lucid dream, did get there in the end, but I quickly lost the ability once I stopped doing the exercises.

Look at your 12th house ruler for sleep and dreaming and your astral connections.
heretolearn (10-21-2012), I cee (10-21-2012), zoumizzouzou (10-21-2012)
Unread 10-20-2012, 04:52 AM

My 12th house (Libra) ruler is Venus, and Venus is in Leo in 10th. I don't know what to look for per se when it comes to clues for dreams and this placement. I will look in to trying lucid dreaming. Even more, I would like to know/try astral projection, if it really works.
Unread 10-20-2012, 07:10 AM

For me, its astrology (my rather unorthodox and eclectic approach to it) followed by Tarot, as the divination methods which have proven their value in my experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
zoumizzouzou (10-21-2012)
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moog View Post

But you can just walk down the street, and everything is spelling out messages of one form or another.
Yes Moog I agree with this. If you clear your mind and you just 'be' the world itself becomes something like a horary chart and the answer is there in some way...but your mind has to be clear with no expectation.

*If I read a chart it is via the whole sign house system.*
The Following User Says Thank You to retinoid For This Useful Post:
Moog (10-20-2012)
Unread 10-20-2012, 11:02 AM

I have done "remote viewing" with photos of people to tell their carreer and something about them. Then I get visions, if Im in the right state of mind to receive it. It actually worked many times, unbelievably enough. The other divination about choices and results on myself is a bit harder. Usually need to fall between sleep and awake in order to "catch" the info in the form of a voice speaking in my mind or sudden visions. I have been trying to practice a bit lately, with good effects actually. It takes practice I guess. I'm usually much to impatient to meditate, but it's good "therapy" also for myself

I think these visions has something to do with neptune in capricorn in the 8th in sextile to my mercury/pluto conj. in scorpio 6th house. Moon/Venus is also square neptune, so it might mean I have a rich dream life. NN is in the 12th in Taurus, a spiritual mission? I always get the feeling I should be more in contact with my inner world. I used to be scared of these visions, precognitive stuff, and tried to ignore much of it. But I know I have to face them to be able to find true peace with my mind and emotions.

Last edited by Vagabondgirl; 10-20-2012 at 11:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vagabondgirl For This Useful Post:
zoumizzouzou (10-21-2012)
Unread 10-20-2012, 11:40 AM

Hi, I think it depends on what suits you best. Everyone has their unique ability. You can test yourself to find out what is effective and most applicable for you. Whether its cards, dreams or other means. This is all up to you. I started at a young age. What was normal for me was something else for others. At the age 8 I learned from this woman how to read cards. Just normal regular cards. This came easy just like a simply card game for me. But I must say until now, it never failed me. Now, I able to use more than one means for divination cards, tarots, runes, dreams, and more. But only when needed since some can be exhausting. Such as dreams. Before you go deeper into some divination it is best to start in the basics and simplier ones.After which then you can evolve further. If there is one thing to be adviced is that in certain divination, control is needed. It is not always good to see what it is about to happen. Specially when it is not pleasant. Knowing can often times create a ripple of which we can not always control or interfere with.

Last edited by maria30; 10-20-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Unread 10-20-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabondgirl View Post
I have done "remote viewing" with photos of people to tell their carreer and something about them. Then I get visions, if Im in the right state of mind to receive it. It actually worked many times, unbelievably enough. The other divination about choices and results on myself is a bit harder. Usually need to fall between sleep and awake in order to "catch" the info in the form of a voice speaking in my mind or sudden visions. I have been trying to practice a bit lately, with good effects actually. It takes practice I guess. I'm usually much to impatient to meditate, but it's good "therapy" also for myself

I think these visions has something to do with neptune in capricorn in the 8th in sextile to my mercury/pluto conj. in scorpio 6th house. Moon/Venus is also square neptune, so it might mean I have a rich dream life. NN is in the 12th in Taurus, a spiritual mission? I always get the feeling I should be more in contact with my inner world. I used to be scared of these visions, precognitive stuff, and tried to ignore much of it. But I know I have to face them to be able to find true peace with my mind and emotions.
Hi, regardless of your impatience, you will be able to evolve yourself more in meditation. All you need is to know that your are given a gift and you have a chance of enhancing controling and using if you were to meditate. But start with rebooting and clearing, then you will see wonders that are beyond your experiences. It is a wonderful experience and I believe once you have achieved this you will find more clarity in your purpose in life.
Unread 10-21-2012, 03:06 AM

I'm so excited, I got my first Tarot deck tonight! So I'll see how it goes
Unread 10-21-2012, 04:10 AM

Open to some Tarot advice from one who has used it since the early 1960's?

If so:
-avoid divination during the hours (given in typical daily ephemerides such as the Pocket Astrologer) when the Moon is Void of Course
-avoid divination during the 24 hours before the Moon is New (this 24 hour period used to be called "Hecate" by the ancients)
-avoid divination during wind storms, electrical storms or very stormy weather in general
-avoid divining when you are very tired, or if nervous or in a depressed or otherwise very upset state (best also to avoid during any significant acute illness)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
heretolearn (10-21-2012), I cee (10-21-2012)
Unread 10-21-2012, 04:17 AM

Thanks for the advice

I just did a 3 card, left to right spread and don't really know how to interpret it? I did a three card spread to find an answer to a romantic relationship that I would like to happen. Card one is me. Card two is him. Card three is the relationship. Cards are ordered left to right. Card one was VIII Pentacles right side up. Two was IX of Cups reversed and third was VI Lovers reversed. What does it mean? Sorry, I'm new to Tarot.
Unread 10-21-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoumizzouzou View Post
Thanks for the advice

I just did a 3 card, left to right spread and don't really know how to interpret it? I did a three card spread to find an answer to a romantic relationship that I would like to happen. Card one is me. Card two is him. Card three is the relationship. Cards are ordered left to right. Card one was VIII Pentacles right side up. Two was IX of Cups reversed and third was VI Lovers reversed. What does it mean? Sorry, I'm new to Tarot.
9 of cups-r means not getting what one wants. Lovers reversed is not harmony in relationship. According to the tarot it isn't promising/

*If I read a chart it is via the whole sign house system.*
Unread 10-21-2012, 04:52 PM

I just wanted to add that you may want to consider the I Ching in this list. Not that it may be the best form but merely another good source to consult since there are numerous ways to access it's treasures.
Unread 10-21-2012, 06:00 PM

I like using Runes.
It's quite nice to make you're own. I collected mine from the beach, also choosing some fabric which one is attracted to, to wrap your preferred divination tools in, this makes it personal and special.
Also, if you can and have the space, make an area that is 'your own' and bless this space any way you wish, to pracise divination.
My brother has astral projected many times, hes a natural!
hmm shell, sea, pisces, underwater, not seen
FORGOTTON
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:43 PM

First of all, I do not consider astrology to be divination. I have been using astrology for a very long time now and never use divinatory methods with it. Astrology is the science of interpreting the position of the stars and planets for various purposes including predicting the future and timing events. It is very effective, but it takes years of study, so is probably not for everyone.

However, astrology can assist divination as it does many other things. At the very least have an active moon and a favorable planetary hour when doing divination. If you can do it, divination is much easier to learn than astrology but is very difficult to obtain accurate timing.

With divination you are not reading something physical such as the position of the planets but are actually consulting spirits: spirit guide, muses, genius, gods and goddesses etc. Unlike the stars, these entities do not always tell the truth and they can be dangerous. First cast the protective circle around yourself. Then banish all unwanted entities from the circle and area. You may have to repeat this process over several days time. Mean while prepare your divinitory tools: tarot cards, pendulum, dark mirror which ever you choose. I will not go into all the many details. You can leave the tool in the light of the full moon for a few hours or burn a little sage and and pass it through the smoke. Then always keep it out sun light when not in use.

When you are ready, cast the circle, banish and invoke your spirit guide and insist that it tell the truth. Have questions prepared in advance. Pendulums have been mentions on other threads recently. They are the easiest to use. A ring suspended from a thread will work. Hold the thread in your left hand if right handed with your elbow resting on the table. Draw a pentagram and place it under the pendulum. With the pendulum motionless ask a question. It will begin to move. If the motion is clockwise that is yes and reverse no. Write the questions and answers down in your book. This will take some practice.

When you are done, thank your guide and dismiss it, or it may bother you later. Open the protective circle and you are finished.

And the wild regrets and the bloody sweats, None knew so well as I. For he who lives more lives than one, More deaths than one must die. -- Oscar Wilde
Unread 10-21-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culpeper View Post

When you are ready, cast the circle, banish and invoke your spirit guide and insist that it tell the truth. Have questions prepared in advance. Pendulums have been mentions on other threads recently. They are the easiest to use. A ring suspended from a thread will work. Hold the thread in your left hand if right handed with your elbow resting on the table. Draw a pentagram and place it under the pendulum. With the pendulum motionless ask a question. It will begin to move. If the motion is clockwise that is yes and reverse no. Write the questions and answers down in your book. This will take some practice.

When you are done, thank your guide and dismiss it, or it may bother you later. Open the protective circle and you are finished.
I would like to add that a ring of a personal nature will work more effectively, ie, a ring given to you by someone you love and trust!
A pentagram is not necessary, in my experience.
But astrologically the planets can be symbolically used written in a pentagram or talisman for divisionary purposes, depending what energies you are invoking.
hmm shell, sea, pisces, underwater, not seen
FORGOTTON
Unread 10-22-2012, 12:49 AM

I'm not afraid. I don't cast circles, invokes spirits or burn incense. I'm not worried that a tarot reading will conjure anything...