Supermoon - May 05, 2012

dhundhun

Today's Moon is Supermoon (Taurus, 16 degrees); closest to earth. It'll exert more influence.

Supermoon will oppose Jupiter, can make people over commit and can make people be over optimistic. This also favors drinking and over enjoying.

You can have better view of Moon, also can have better Photographs.

Last edited:

!4C

can make people over commit and can make people be over optimistic.
I guess that would reflect the election theme going on right now.

I wonder how this super moon relates to natural disasters and the eclipse on the next new moon. They are two weeks apart.

Last edited:

dhundhun

I wonder how this super moon relates to natural disasters and the eclipse on the next new moon. They are two weeks apart.
Moon exerts pull over earth causing high and low tides; and possibly affects earth's structure. Because of Full Moon, this pull will less, but likely to be more during coming New Moon (May 20, 2012 Solar Eclipse).

Thanks Gwenyhfair for correcting eclipse date (post below).

Last edited:

Caro

It is interesting where it is mentioned about the effects on earth structures and water.

(Im just going over these recent dates and times for my own use)

I visited Nepal in May. On the morning of Sunday 6 May 2012, there was a landslide the debris fell into a river(in a mountainess area). Not yet monsoon season, the river was blocked but began to build up behind the rocks until it burst through, it was a mini tsunami along that river covering the flood plain.

Unfortuanely it swept away nearly 60 people in that area.