Part of being Plutonian/Scorpio-influenced?

MidnightxPoison

I'm curious. Has anyone ever been told that you "close your self off from others?" As a person with Scorpio Moon I'm very private about issues (always have been since I was young), and my family members don't understand this and it makes me feel like an alien.

Instead they blame me for not being close with them, and that I started this "problem/conflict".

It upsets me, because they are making me feel like "I'm wrong." They don't understand that it's just part of my personality, I'm on the quiet side, and have my own personal life. I don't share my personal life with others I dont trust and it takes me a long time to really open up to others. My family doesn't get this, especially my mother. It's very frustrating, and it hurts too because my mum has always confronted me about this (it's very uncomfortable for me) and then I'd have to explain over and over again and she still won't get it.

I like being alone in my room because then I can contemplate on things, it's my way of "grounding" myself off all the crazy intense feelings I experience in my daily life. Mum thought I was being a "depressed loner" or "moody" or something like that.. which, of course, is totally not the case. I just want my own space. It's how I manage to acquire some inner contentment for once in a while.. but my mum always invades my privacy too much because she has this weird way of thinking that I am delibaretly trying to shut people out or going "loony/crazy" on my own, lol.
I've also been accused of seeming "emotionally cold" when compared to other family members (I guess my Virgo Sun isn't helping much either) who are (except my father) very warm and open about how they feel (like, for instance, my fortunate brother in this field). But I'm just introverted that way and I can't help it. It's who I am. I just don't understand why others can't accept that not everyone are as extroverted as them.

I feel like my mother just doesn't really understand who I really am inside. She thinks I don't feel anything but I do and probably a lot more than her (she's Pisces Moon, Taurus Sun). But just because I don't show it doesn't mean I am "emotionally cold" for real.

I've read somewhere that Scorpio Moon people have some issues with their mothers. I wonder if it's just us feeling this way because Scorpio tends to brood over things or if it's more of a karmic thing that the Scorpio person picks up on ('cause my mum, right now, actually thinks we get along great or.. well, this is what she tells other people).

Anyone else here have this problem because you are a Scorpio or have Scorpio influence?

Last edited:

Crystal~Human12

Hey there--
Man, do I understand!!! I am a Virgo Sun w/ a Stellium in Virgo(3 or more planets in Virgo, in my case all the inner planets) and a Scorpio Rising! Believe it or not, having Scorpio on the rise is the most powerful Scorpionic influence one can have in their chart- generally leads to a very difficult life filled with death, challenge and inevitable rebirth. My mother and I also have a very troubled relationship- she also has a Taurus Sun, Gemini Moon. Now your mother probably is at least a little more receptive to your emotions than mine, she has a Water moon just like you. (EMOTION!) I must ask, how old are you? Because the placement of Pluto in your chart is going to have an incredible amount of power....mine just happens to be in it's ruling sign- SCORPIO! So my life is all about sex,drugs, the taboo, the underworld, etc. And I LOVE IT.....but I must say I understand your troubles with relationships. I also lock myself in my room for hours on end just to think or play music and space out from this reality and all the drama in it. Think of having a lot of Scorpio influence as being a walking sponge to all people/places and their energies- you pick up a little (or way too much...) of everything! The best metaphor I have ever heard for Scorpio is like a determined warrior charging off into battle whole-heartedly, getting shot, and becoming a war veteran protesting for peace. Often, you will find yourself fighting relentlessly for one cause only to find the cause is flawed/not true, then you reverse gears and go the other way. It makes it very difficult for anyone w/ a lot of this sign to get anywhere and often we suffer major setback. BUT- Scorpio also rules rebirth/regeneration, therfore when we come back it's with a mighty BANG! (the bounce-backers) As with any sign, there is the major influence of it's opposition, big surprise, Taurus- both our mothers. Without a doubt we are both supposed to be majorly molded by these two...probably for the better, as they bring the stability we find it so hard to find. Also, they are both fixed signs, which creates an immense amount of stability...but remember sometimes change is very GOOD. That is where your mutable sign of change- Virgo- comes in, within you flows a playing field of BALANCE if you can learn how to harness your emotions for a good cause. All the elements are there, but it comes down to personal choice- not even astrology can change that. Peace and Universal Love- Liz C.

katydid

MidnightxPoison said:
I'm curious. Has anyone ever been told that you "close your self off from others?" As a person with Scorpio Moon I'm very private about issues (always have been since I was young), and my family members don't understand this and it makes me feel like an alien.

Instead they blame me for not being close with them, and that I started this "problem/conflict".

It upsets me, because they are making me feel like "I'm wrong." They don't understand that it's just part of my personality, I'm on the quiet side, and have my own personal life. I don't share my personal life with others I dont trust and it takes me a long time to really open up to others. My family doesn't get this, especially my mother. It's very frustrating, and it hurts too because my mum has always confronted me about this (it's very uncomfortable for me) and then I'd have to explain over and over again and she still won't get it.

I like being alone in my room because then I can contemplate on things, it's my way of "grounding" myself off all the crazy intense feelings I experience in my daily life. Mum thought I was being a "depressed loner" or "moody" or something like that.. which, of course, is totally not the case. I just want my own space. It's how I manage to acquire some inner contentment for once in a while.. but my mum always invades my privacy too much because she has this weird way of thinking that I am delibaretly trying to shut people out or going "loony/crazy" on my own, lol.
I've also been accused of seeming "emotionally cold" when compared to other family members (I guess my Virgo Sun isn't helping much either) who are (except my father) very warm and open about how they feel (like, for instance, my fortunate brother in this field). But I'm just introverted that way and I can't help it. It's who I am. I just don't understand why others can't accept that not everyone are as extroverted as them.

I feel like my mother just doesn't really understand who I really am inside. She thinks I don't feel anything but I do and probably a lot more than her (she's Pisces Moon, Taurus Sun). But just because I don't show it doesn't mean I am "emotionally cold" for real.

I've read somewhere that Scorpio Moon people have some issues with their mothers. I wonder if it's just us feeling this way because Scorpio tends to brood over things or if it's more of a karmic thing that the Scorpio person picks up on ('cause my mum, right now, actually thinks we get along great or.. well, this is what she tells other people).

Anyone else here have this problem because you are a Scorpio or have Scorpio influence?

I doubt that your Mum is trying to be critical, or that she really feels that you are emotionally shut down. My guess is that her Pisces Moon is taking over, and making her worried and concerned for you. 'Closing' yourself off in your room worries her, because Pisces moon does not like to feel shut out, and thinks the worst when that happens. Perhaps you could find a reputable astrologer to offer her a session comparing your 2 charts, and helping her understand your need for privacy.
Also, I would suggest that you try and compromise somewhat. Her Taurus energy is the opposite of your Scorpio Moon, and needs some earthy connection at times just to check in on your life. As a Mom, she feels it is her role. So perhaps, after you go in your room and regroup, you could then take some time to 'connect' with your family a bit. It would go a long way to calm them down and pave the way for some renewed understanding. :cool:

Her earthy Taurean nature needs to see solid evidence of something to really believe it. It is the opposite of your Scorpio lunar nature, so things are difficult to work out between you. However it is probably beneficial for you to express more of your inner nature, and to
share more of your emotional life with your loved ones. You can still have your own life and some privacy, but throw them a bone now and then, just for the sake of their own emotional health. They want to make sure that you are not lonely and miserable. So if you are ok, but just brooding and reflecting, share that with them by going into the kitchen occasionally for a nice cup of tea and some laughs. It will help all of you in the long run most likely.

Last edited:

Idrew

I always thaught that a scorpio moon was the strongest scorpio influence. I am a virgo with a scorpio moon and I can tell you most of the times I feel more scorpio than virgo and I know scorpios real well, a sister and two children. I swear sometimes I am more scorpio than them.

katydid

Idrew said:
I always thaught that a scorpio moon was the strongest scorpio influence. I am a virgo with a scorpio moon and I can tell you most of the times I feel more scorpio than virgo and I know scorpios real well, a sister and two children. I swear sometimes I am more scorpio than them.

I think you could be right and I am a zero degree Scorpio Sun, which is supposed to be an example of 'pure' Scorpio energy. I have the moon in the 8th house, and an angular t-square to Pluto, so I am pretty Scorpionic.
But the people I have known with Scorpio Moons have been pretty freakin' Scorpionic. :eek:
I have dated several Moon in Scorps, and I was usually the one trying to convince them to calm down and be reasonable. Me, with a tsquare to Pluto in the 4th from Mercury and Jupiter!
I think maybe because Scorpio is fixed water, thus the most intensely emotional of the signs, and the Moon is the instrument for emotional self expression. Moon in Scorpio people can be very emotionally intense and can express those emotions in a very passionate way. And the Sun in Scorpio is sometimes more reserved emotionally than Moon in Scorpio natives imo.

Idrew

Hi Katydid, that makes a whole lot of sense. I sometimes think that maybe I may have a scorpio ancendant also, because of the strong feelings, but I am not sure of my birth time. My scorpio is conjunct saturn and that does not help any. You know you are scorpio when you cut off people who have been unjust, when you hold a grudge forever, are possesive and jealous with the people you love and don't forget those explosions of temper.

MidnightxPoison

I must ask, how old are you? Because the placement of Pluto in your chart is going to have an incredible amount of power....mine just happens to be in it's ruling sign- SCORPIO!

I'm 20. Someone told me that my rising sign will progress into Scorpio so I guess that's what you meant when you said Pluto in my chart would have an incredible amount of power.
I have noticed that I've been changing a lot since last year.. my outfits, my makeup, behaviour, tastes etc. I'm more into "dark" stuff and I've noticed that I seem to be drawn to the colour black which is quite weird because I used to be more into really bright colours. Even my taste in music has changed a little. Now, I actually prefer rock and metal. Do you think it could be due to my rising sign slowly progressing?

Often, you will find yourself fighting relentlessly for one cause only to find the cause is flawed/not true, then you reverse gears and go the other way. It makes it very difficult for anyone w/ a lot of this sign to get anywhere and often we suffer major setback.

That's exactly what I've done a lot.. I used to value loyalty way too much. I used to think that I HAD to be loyal to death but then I changed my point of view because I had gotten disappointed a lot by the amount of betrayals I experienced with people I thought were supposed to be my friends.

MidnightxPoison

I think you could be right and I am a zero degree Scorpio Sun, which is supposed to be an example of 'pure' Scorpio energy. I have the moon in the 8th house, and an angular t-square to Pluto, so I am pretty Scorpionic.
But the people I have known with Scorpio Moons have been pretty freakin' Scorpionic. :eek:
I have dated several Moon in Scorps, and I was usually the one trying to convince them to calm down and be reasonable. Me, with a tsquare to Pluto in the 4th from Mercury and Jupiter!
I think maybe because Scorpio is fixed water, thus the most intensely emotional of the signs, and the Moon is the instrument for emotional self expression. Moon in Scorpio people can be very emotionally intense and can express those emotions in a very passionate way. And the Sun in Scorpio is sometimes more reserved emotionally than Moon in Scorpio natives imo.

My best friend is a Scorpio and I've noticed that we are similar in a lot of ways except for a few things - I am more emotionally intense than her. I'm pretty much crazy, lol. She's more laid back than I am and she seems a lot more easy-going about emotional issues than me. I have Libra rising so I act all easy-going and fun but deep inside I'm stormy like hell.
She's more paranoid than me though. She's VERY paranoid, lol. And she's more loyal than me too.

But sometimes it seems to me that I can almost be more cruel than her and I'm not even a Scorpio, I'm a Virgo Sun. It's weird.

Lin

Midnight....your date of birth is in your file but there's no time or place...can you give it to us?

The fixed signs and succeedent houses are the most private and secretive, and Scorpio is the most secretive. Pluto rules sex and money, the 2 most private areas of life.
Anyway, if you give your birth time and place, there may be a clues to answer some of your questions without guessing.
LIN

MidnightxPoison

Midnight....your date of birth is in your file but there's no time or place...can you give it to us?

The fixed signs and succeedent houses are the most private and secretive, and Scorpio is the most secretive. Pluto rules sex and money, the 2 most private areas of life.
Anyway, if you give your birth time and place, there may be a clues to answer some of your questions without guessing.
LIN

Birth time: 10:20 AM. Place: Tallinn, Estonia.

Struck

Interesting.
I don't know if it's the Scorpio Moon at work but I do know a very fine line separates two distinct sides. If I'm in the mood I can be rather revealing or sharing or whatever is the word, but the hinge is that I choose to, which goes to the other side if someone else takes the offensive and asks or pries: What are you thinking/feeling/doing? Then the reaction is to freeze, close, retreat, feel extremely uncomfortable, reflexively defensive. It mystifies me as much as it aggravates others. Maybe it has to do with being in control or not being in control? Or at least feeling you are? Scorpio moon? yes? no? Don't know for sure, still investigating this stuff and sorting out what everything means.

MidnightxPoison

if someone else takes the offensive and asks or pries: What are you thinking/feeling/doing? Then the reaction is to freeze, close, retreat, feel extremely uncomfortable, reflexively defensive. It mystifies me as much as it aggravates others.

I hate confrontation. My mum has this habit of asking me if there is anything wrong with me, she's basically asking me to vent and talk about my feelings (since she is a very openly emotional person herself.. she doesn't hide it at all.. also, she's Cancer rising.. and whines a lot), and talking about my most deepest, intense feelings is extremely uncomfortable for me. In fact, I almost get annoyed at a person asking me to reveal all my emotions and pain because it's just.. I dunno.. super uncomfortable for me. I get shy easily and embarassed about talking about my own feelings so I often just stay silent or become defensive. A lot of people take it the wrong way though. I've often been accused of being rude, insensitive or aloof.

Struck

I hate confrontation. My mum has this habit of asking me if there is anything wrong with me, she's basically asking me to vent and talk about my feelings (since she is a very openly emotional person herself.. she doesn't hide it at all.. also, she's Cancer rising.. and whines a lot), and talking about my most deepest, intense feelings is extremely uncomfortable for me. In fact, I almost get annoyed at a person asking me to reveal all my emotions and pain because it's just.. I dunno.. super uncomfortable for me. I get shy easily and embarassed about talking about my own feelings so I often just stay silent or become defensive. A lot of people take it the wrong way though. I've often been accused of being rude, insensitive or aloof.

Ah! That's my wife's ascendant, Cancer.
Let me guess: you already guard your emotions from becoming too publicly exposed; it isn't that you never share or expose them but it must be when you are ready and comfortable, which is rather seldom. The Cancer counterpart hungers for more open exchange, and sometimes tries to probe or push or coerce, which causes the opposite response, causes you to retract and back off, and put up a defensive posture. Tension is heightened.

A few years ago, a friend told me point-blank that I put off the impression that I allowed others to come rather close, but at a certain place they encountered a wall that forbade to come any closer. This was long before I ever knew anything other than sun signs. At the time this person told me this, I was dumbstruck. Because I never thought of myself as being that way, or appearing to others in that way. It bugged me for a long time. Then I discovered I was a Scorpio Moon... read that one description about the candle flame... immediately remembered what that friend said.

MidnightxPoison

Ah! That's my wife's ascendant, Cancer.
Let me guess: you already guard your emotions from becoming too publicly exposed; it isn't that you never share or expose them but it must be when you are ready and comfortable, which is rather seldom.

Yep that's right. And it rarely happens. My aunt is Cancer, my mum's Cancer rising and together they are emotional. I mean publicly emotional. They vent about their feelings, pain, disappointments etc all the time, like for hours.. non-stop! It's.... painful, lol. It drains me emotionally. Every Cancer I've met has always exhausted me.

The Cancer counterpart hungers for more open exchange, and sometimes tries to probe or push or coerce, which causes the opposite response, causes you to retract and back off, and put up a defensive posture. Tension is heightened.

That's what I don't like. Being pushed to talk openly about my deepest feelings.. I find that rather.. unsettling. I don't need open exchange with people. In fact, I don't even want it. I am fine brooding on my own, lol. It's not like anyone would really understand me anyway.

A few years ago, a friend told me point-blank that I put off the impression that I allowed others to come rather close, but at a certain place they encountered a wall that forbade to come any closer. This was long before I ever knew anything other than sun signs. At the time this person told me this, I was dumbstruck. Because I never thought of myself as being that way, or appearing to others in that way. It bugged me for a long time. Then I discovered I was a Scorpio Moon... read that one description about the candle flame... immediately remembered what that friend said.

Yeah, I guess that's a common trait here. We tend to put up a wall that says "don't enter!", lol. I think that's just us trying to protect ourselves because Scorpio people never trust anyone entirely.

[deleted swear - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Struck

Well Midnight, I don't share what sounds like a bombardment of emotional expression as you seem to describe. My situation is just an occasionally overt 'reminder' that I'm seeming 'distant' or 'closed', and why? For the most part I am blessed with one who understands, but sometimes becomes impatient.

I find your last section interesting. I wonder how much you or I or we are really aware of it. It's always been the case where someone offers their impression of me or they pass along what someone else apparently said. The statements almost never match how I perceive or would like to perceive myself. It's always a 'huh?' reaction. Maybe when that happens over and over again, one becomes even more sensitive? Slightly paranoid? Self-conscious? Withdrawn? Don't know. Is this Scorpio Moon or something else or a combination? Don't know. Very interesting whatever it is. Glad you started this topic.

AquaScorpio

to Midnight: Yes, this has happened to me MANY times in my youth. I have a moon in 6 degrees Scorpio and it is opposite of my mom's moon in Taurus, in the 7th degree. She would get angry that I would lie about things or keep things secret, and I know my Scorpio planets (moon/mars/pluto) are the root of this. There was one particular time of a major Plutonian/Scorpion transformation that occured with my first serious girlfriend when I was about 17 years old (my moon is in the 7th, conjunct her natal sun, something I figured out much later in life) and as a result of us secretly sneaking out one night and staying out for hours we were not allowed to see each other. This of course upset me to an indescribable degree and I tried to hurt myself as a result and it was a major, and undoubtedly the most important, change in my life. I of course believe this to be a result of my intense Scorpio alignment.

So yes, I do feel your pain. But I would like to ask how you feel now. I'm 23 and it's been a few years since that time but I have undergone a complete overhaul and it finally feels after all that time I'm on the right track this year. I can talk about deeper feelings from out of my shell and without feeling the effects of extreme emotion. I'm alot more stable in that sense and I'm more of an "open book" especially with family. However, having a moon in scorpio will probably affect all the natives for their entire lives, being as you will never let anyone know 100% about you. Or perhaps you will learn to...who knows.

lotsinvirgo3H

-----

----------------

My reply is : yes, I do understand more or less. Myself is Virgo Sun and Scorpio moon that conjuncts Uranus.

I do lock myself in my room while others chatting at the dining table. But I do come out of my shell when I feel like doing it. ( That's from my Cancer rising )

Thing is my family do understand me the way I am ( most of the time ) My mom got Capricorn Sun and Virgo moon ; with these earthy quality in her, I do have trouble with her every now and again , most of the time it's emotional issues as I always have her picture in my mind as a caring person but dry.

WHat I will sugguest : at least your mom got water moon like you. understand that water moon is most of the time temperamental. It'll be happy , and it'll be sad and things always move on.

AriScoPis87

@ MidnightxPoison,

I don't know if you come here and post anymore, but if you do: I know how you feel.

I close off as well. Most times on accident. I like being alone, being able to think about things and life.

It's just a curse for people with Scorpio Moon to have this. But it's also beneficial because without we would all start to loose our marbles and show the extremem negative sides of our moon.

We need time to decompress. To grain perspective on things and on other people. It also gives us time to escape for a bit from the world.

It just comes with the package, this trait we have.

Ruka_5

Banned
I'm curious. Has anyone ever been told that you "close your self off from others?"

...Not a Scorpio (other than my chart ruler, Uranus, being in the sign), but I have Moon-Pluto conjunct in the 8th, and it's something I hear from time to time, yes - both that, and people making comments about me being 'cold'. Not from family (I'm actually extremely open with them, always have been), but from strangers, both in real-life and online, but usually with more intensity online where I've had people actually berate me because I refused to volunteer personal info to them.

In modern society it seems to be a weird trend towards total self-disclosure and confiding in strangers and if you aren't that way, people see you as cold and/or hostile. I call it the "Oprah Effect" - people are so used to seeing others tell extremely personal things in front of the entire free world, that now that's seen as standard, normal behavior and anything other than that is seen as wrong.

So yeah, I think being really private and needing a lot of personal space and needing a lot of time to warm up and trust people is a very Plutonian/Scorpionic thing that is at this point in conflict with how most people in the world, operate. Plus you have to remember that Plutonian/Scorpionic people are kind of cynical and paranoid and suspicious about people's motives at times, and I've found that's definitely true of myself too - because a large part of the time I wonder if people don't try to demand personal info out of others out of a desire to have dirt or gossip on them, or at the very least out of a sense of personal entitlement and general nosiness.