Do my moon and venus make up for my badly aspected sun?

BaoSanniang

Looking at my own chart, one of the more interesting things I've noticed is how my most key masculine planets / energies (Sun and Saturn) have poor aspects with each other while my two most feminine planets, the Moon and Venus, are much more positive. As you can see from my chart, my Sun and Saturn form a square with each other, my Sun is also opposite my Jupiter. The only positive / neutral aspect that gives my sun a bit more stability and consistency, especially when it comes to the mind, is Sun Conjunct Mercury. Overall, that's 2/3 explicitly negative aspects for my sun.

On the other hand, my moon seems to tell a much happier story. I have Moon Trine Venus, Moon Trine Mars, and Moon Sextile Ascendant. While two of the most masculine / yang energies in my chart are in hard aspect to each other, my two most feminine energies are in harmony. My Venus is conjunct my Mars (11.48 degrees GEM and 14.42 degrees GEM, respectively), it's sextile my Saturn (11.48 degrees GEM and 7.12 degrees Aries), and it's opposite my ascendant though I've heard Venus in opposition to the Ascendant isn't a particularly bad thing to have.

As a guy primarily raised by mom (for better or worse, but IMO more for the better in many ways), I feel uncomfortable with many masculine ideals. I'd say between uncomfortable and repulsed depending on the situation and my mood. For example, I don't like the idea of being a breadwinner type of guy when I get married, I hate it when people bring up ideas like how men should earn more than women, be judged by their profession / career / income and how they should clearly be the ones in charge of the household. I don't like many stereotypical "guy" things such as cars, alcohol, etc. I'm 22 and i don't have a driver's license nor do I plan to get one any time soon, if ever. I hate the culturally ingrained idea (across many cultures) of how men shouldn't show emotions, shouldn't be too sensitive. There is a Chinese saying I absolutely detest: "A man's will lies in four directions." Basically what it means is men should be the ones who are bold and seek new endeavors, to go out in the world and carve a path for themselves instead of focusing on "petty" affairs such as ones of a more homely / domestic nature.

I like long hair more than short hair. Even as a guy I wish I can have longer, flowing, and silky dark hair. Even when it comes to media, I identify more with male characters who look a bit metrosexual though I am OK with those that look more traditionally masculine. If I have kids, I believe I'd have trouble exerting a fatherly kind of influence in their lives, and I honestly have no idea how the father's role should be different from the mother's. Perhaps due to the combination of my Cancer, Moon, and Venus, if I have kids in many ways I'll be just as soft and nurturing to them like a mother would. I have trouble being a more "traditional" father as someone who sets rules and boundaries and some discipline from time to time.

I'm straight, but I feel that I have a fairly easy time relating to women even at a platonic level. This is not to say I can't relate to other guys well, and not to say I can relate well to every woman, but whether it's by chance or by something in my birth chart, I feel a kind of natural smoothness when it comes to women and I'm not afraid of "girl talk" both in a "physical" or a more emotional / psychological sense. It's not hard for me to get female friends to open up about their problems, both big and small. My style of relating to females is that I tend to do things for them. Nothing big or romantic, but things of a more everyday / practical nature. I sort of like to sing, and even at the age of 22 my Adam's apple is barely noticeable and I can sing some girl's songs better than songs by male singers. I'd much prefer to marry my caring female friend than someone I've successfully pursued and have great passion with.

A slightly complicated part of my psychological relationship with masculinity is I feel that a very small part of me still aspires towards what's stereotypical of masculinity every once in a while. I channel that mostly through the virtual world, such as playing war-themed video games. However, most of the time I'm more "yin" than "yang" in my character despite being a guy, and I don't feel any shame because of it.

As for my own dad, he was basically a jerk eager to prove himself to the world at the expense of love and family. He wanted to earn big bucks but didn't have the knowledge nor the opportunities. That, coupled with the fact that he comes from more of a rural background versus my mom's more urban middle-class background, created insecurities within him that sometimes led to fits of anger and even physical violence towards me when I was a young kid. Two years ago I got to know him adult-to-adult (he's been remarried for 4 years), at first things went smoothly but then I was extremely turned off by his conceited and controlling nature when he dealt with me. He wanted to shape me into someone he never was (and someone I'm not), to be used as a weapon against my mom. I eventually had to sever ties with him due to his ways, and the fact that I seldom saw him while growing up didn't help at all.

I have some guy friends who come from more stable two-parent families, I can discuss politics, religion, philosophy, many things with them and I certainly consider them to be good friends of mine, but one part about myself that I've never really shared with them is my disagreement with their more patriarchal / "man in charge" values because I know that's not who I am. When they discuss these things among each other, I sort of retreat from the scene.

Though this may or may not be related to astrology, regional differences, even among people of the same ethnicity, might cause different attitudes. I am of a southwestern Chinese heritage, the southwest of China is arguably one of the most gender-balanced, perhaps even matriarchal parts of China. I've grown up seeing numerous strong women. My Singaporean friend, of Hokkien and Cantonese heritage, comes from a more patriarchal Chinese background. In the culture of his Hokkien and Cantonese ancestry, men are more likely to be the ones in charge.

I apologize for the long post, but do you think it's possible that the more challenged / afflicted masculine energies in my chart versus the more harmonious feminine energies in my chart could be destiny's way of using a strength in one area to make up for a set of shortcomings in another? Will my "breakthroughs" in life when it comes to finding happiness and stability be through my "yin" rather than my "yang" energies? astro_w2gw_andrew_teng.64165.189317.png

Last edited:

BaoSanniang

If a guy should give a girl a shoulder to cry on, then it's not fair if it's unacceptable for a woman to give her guy a shoulder to cry on. That's how I feel.

When girls get hurt and say things like "it's a man's world after all, men can get away with almost anything", I actually feel sorry for them.

Oh by the way, I've forgotten my Venus.

My Venus is Conjunct my Mars, according to websites it's supposed to give me great charisma and seductive power, basically making me someone who is equally powerful in "yin" and "yang", but the "yang" side doesn't seem evident at all.

Venus Sextile Saturn is something I'm grateful for because I have Venus in Gemini. If I wanted to have Venus in Cancer I would have had to been born on the Cancer / Leo cusp or as a Leo. I was born prematurely, had I been born at the "scheduled" time of birth I'd be a Virgo or a Libra. While I do like friendship and someone I can talk about things to, what I really do crave is to spend the rest of my life with one person, I fear breakups and divorce.

The way I express my affection has both water / earth and air components, I believe. The air part comes from my tendency to be a little witty, to crack jokes from time to time. The water part (ruler of my 7th house is in Cancer) comes into play when I know someone better and I open up a much more emotional side to them. The earth part, which I believe comes from Saturn and my Venus in the 6th, is reflected in my tendency to be there for someone (even when it exhausts me) and keep on doing things for them because not only do I act out of love, it's also out of responsibility and a bit of guilt if I don't do the "right thing."

Venus Opposite Ascendant I don't know much about.

Planet, sign, and element strength:

Planet: Position Aspects Total Rank Percent
Sun: 35.0 ( 7) + 12.0 ( 5) = 47.0 ( 7) / 8.1%
Moon: 55.0 ( 2) + 10.3 ( 6) = 65.3 ( 3) / 11.2%
Mercury: 40.0 ( 5) + 5.7 ( 9) = 45.7 ( 8) / 7.9%
Venus: 74.5 ( 1) + 21.3 ( 3) = 95.8 ( 1) / 16.5%
Mars: 30.0 ( 8) + 21.0 ( 4) = 51.0 ( 6) / 8.8%
Jupiter: 55.0 ( 3) + 24.7 ( 2) = 79.7 ( 2) / 13.7%
Saturn: 37.0 ( 6) + 26.4 ( 1) = 63.4 ( 4) / 10.9%
Uranus: 42.5 ( 4) + 9.9 ( 7) = 52.4 ( 5) / 9.0%
Neptune: 15.0 (11) + 5.4 (10) = 20.4 (11) / 3.5%
Pluto: 10.0 (12) + 7.4 ( 8) = 17.4 (12) / 3.0%
Chiron: 22.0 ( 9) + 0.0 (11) = 22.0 ( 9) / 3.8%
Node: 22.0 (10) + 0.0 (12) = 22.0 (10) / 3.8%
Total: 438.0 + 144.2 = 582.2 / 100.0%

Sign: Power Rank Percent - Element Power Percent
Aries: 63.4 ( 5) / 10.9% - Fire: 104.0 / 17.9%
Taurus: 46.6 ( 7) / 8.0% - Earth: 150.3 / 25.8%
Gemini: 70.6 ( 3) / 12.1% - Air: 211.2 / 36.3%
Cancer: 71.2 ( 2) / 12.2% - Water: 116.6 / 20.0%
Leo: 12.5 (12) / 2.1%
Virgo: 38.3 ( 8) / 6.6% - Mode Power Percent
Libra: 61.4 ( 6) / 10.6% - Cardinal: 261.5 / 44.9%
Scorpio: 14.8 (11) / 2.5% - Fixed: 153.0 / 26.3%
Sagittarius: 28.1 (10) / 4.8% - Mutuable: 167.6 / 28.8%
Capricorn: 65.4 ( 4) / 11.2%
Aquarius: 79.2 ( 1) / 13.6%
Pisces: 30.6 ( 9) / 5.3%
Total: 582.2 / 100.0%

Last edited:
I have some similar aspects in my chart. My Sun is conjunct Saturn in Virgo. My Moon in Gemini is trine Venus and Mars in Libra. I am also not into typical guy things like cars and sports. I have had a difficult relationship with my father. I am very creative, artistic, and I relate well to women. Based on what you have written, I feel that your relationship with your father has wounded your Sun/Saturn which has delayed their development. It's almost like you have given up on developing your masculinity perhaps because you don't want to be like your father. If you continue to neglect this part of yourself then your Saturn return may turn out to be very difficult. If you make peace with your father you could heal the wound. You should also find ways to strengthen your Sun/Saturn like hard work, taking on extra responsibility, strenuous exercise, etc... Women like to be comforted and listened to, but most are hard wired to be attracted to masculinity. Your Moon/Venus is a comfort zone, which could be wonderful, but if you don't step outside of it long enough then life will pass you by. To answer your question, No I don't think that is destiny's way of giving you a balance. Our difficult aspects are the most valuable because they give us the best opportunity for growth so that the soul may evolve.

BaoSanniang

What are some of the ways that my Saturn Return could affect me negatively, given what I have told you so far?

Just looked up my Saturn Return. The first one will occur when I'm 28 and I'm currently 22. I have a deep fear of breakups and divorce, perhaps more than most people (or depending on how you define "most") in the modern world. I guess this might have something to do with my Venus Sextile Saturn and the conservative streak that my negative Saturn aspects give. I also have a deep-rooted fear of change, whether it's positive or negative. One of the things I fear is when people comment on how I've changed, even if the comments are positive, because I'd very much prefer remaining the way I am and NOT change who I am at the core, for better or worse. Do you think my strong Moon and Venus and Jupiter will be able to protect me against the Sun and Saturn when things go bad? Will they be somewhat of a "saving grace" or even a "cheap ticket out of jail" card?

People usually say I'm kind, I'm smart, I'm sensitive, pure / simple, a bit feminine, I have a kind of wisdom beyond my years, but I've never really been described as hard-working or self-disciplined or worldly smart. I guess there has to be trade-off somewhere. As for my father I haven't been in touch with him for over a year and I have no way of contacting him because when I severed ties with him I intended it to be permanent, so I forgot and I deleted all of his contact information. He has a family of his own, with a wife who barely knows English and a stepdaughter to provide for, so I don't see the point in bothering with him any longer considering our clash in personalities and deepest desires.

Last edited:

kshantaram

Premium Member
in case observations enable reflec t further and adapt as relevant,
do share ground feedbacks how true-insightful,
traits-talents-health-events-trends-prospects-ideas etc etc :

sag asc, philosophical, optimist, ambitious, sportive, impulsive;

asc lord jup debilated cap first, traditional, confirmist,
weak head- knees-liver etc;
wear yellow sapphire over pendant touching heart;

sat elevated aspect cap, debilation of jup cancelled;
gradual improvements/growth;
mars too elevated aspect over jup cap, protective;

retro jup towards own sag asc, protective of chart,
growth-riches through advisory roles, but delayed results;
retro jup aspect mars-venus gemini supportive thereof;

jup year ahead transit own sag asc and supportive;

separative sun-venus sensitive cancer 7th, seeking a well-to-do spouse,
love of inner beauty, artistic tastes,
while may need zinc supplements for health,
jup elevated aspect cancer protective of marriage-relationship though;

gemini-mer 7th inimical-malefic for sag asc,
stress-delays in marriage-vocation-business;

sun-mer lord 9th for luck over 7th, luck after marriage;
sun-mer intellectual, literary-oratory aptitudes;
but matters under stress-delay, protected by jup aspect;

mars-venus gemini 6th, artistic aptitudes, instrumental music,
information technology, business-financial analyst,
relationships by mere attractions to care;
chest-lung-intestinal-kidney inflammations;

taurus 6th preference for creative-energetic work atmosphere,
venus lord 10th for career over 6th, needing extra efforts;

mars-venus lords 4/5 conjunct over 6th,
prosperity through artistic aptitudes etc with extra efforts;

moon acq 2nd mystic, uncertain, reformist, scientific thinking;
psychology-singing aptitudes;

sat aries 4th, debilated, sat-ketu separative SNode,
hyper-impulsive, detachment from mother-motherland-property;
detached attitude at home;
aptitude for social work; and mechanics-drilling-cutting etc

pain-injury-surgery head-heart-lungs etc
offer red flowers at the alter at home tues mornings;
observe fast sat evenings taking milk-fruits;

rahu NNode libra 10th, seeking sociability/learning to,
wishing to soar high in career but lone planet;

sat-rahu opp, rise-fall in life to care,
prayers for welfare of ancestors,
observe fast No-moon evenings taking milk-fruits or as per custom;
observe death anniversaries religiously; serve-donate at old age homes
and old people in the family and society;
wear brown hessonite over pendant touching heart;

sat now 2.5yr transit cap opp sun-mer cancer 7th,
health-relationship under much stress;
while jup transit sag asc overall protective;

ketu now 1.5yr transit moon-acq 2nd,
detachment from family-finances-mother,
pain-injury-surgery throat-teeth-lungs-legs-sciatica etc to care;

do promptly ack and share salient pointwise feedbacks,
which could be of interest to learn of here in your thoughts and experiences,
hope find the reading interesting enough to reflect and derive upon,

wishing well, kshantaram

Last edited:

BaoSanniang

I guess I should find ways to work with what I have and make the best out of it. Are there any other suggestions as to what I should do, and what I need to be careful of?

kshantaram

Premium Member
appreciate the prompt ack.

if could care share salient pointwise feedbacks on the various detailed observations in the reading done,
how true-insightful-helpful, traits-talents-health-trends-prospects-ideas generated-reflections etc etc
make the thread mutually interesting to learn of.

wishing well, kshantaram