Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:07 PM
ocho ocho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Who's stronger?
Pluto Conjunct ascendant or Algol conjunct ascendant?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 06-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Zonark's Avatar
Zonark Zonark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: chillin
Posts: 805
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

It's not a matter of stronger; both bodies impart a unique influence. Algol is overwhelmingly regarded as a malefic. Pluto's influence is quite different to Algol's when conjunct the ascendant.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 06-29-2013, 06:58 PM
ocho ocho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Pretty cool
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 06-30-2013, 05:15 AM
Zonark's Avatar
Zonark Zonark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: chillin
Posts: 805
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho View Post
Pretty cool
Why did you ask anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:20 AM
demetraceres demetraceres is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 295
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

What do you think or do you have any experiences with Algol conjunct the chart (Ascendant) ruler? I can't find much about it, the only thing I found was that it has influence on the first house and the house in which the chart ruler is. In which way I can't say (probably depends on the planet inolved). And the orb would be max 1-2 degrees.

What would you say about the chart ruler Mars (in the second house) conjunct Algol?

Last edited by demetraceres; 06-30-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to demetraceres For This Useful Post:
ocho (06-30-2013)
  #6  
Unread 06-30-2013, 04:15 PM
ocho ocho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonark View Post
Why did you ask anyway?
It seems like an interesting battle, they both seem very powerful but who would back down first? who would notice the others intensity first
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-30-2013, 04:18 PM
ocho ocho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetraceres View Post
What do you think or do you have any experiences with Algol conjunct the chart (Ascendant) ruler? I can't find much about it, the only thing I found was that it has influence on the first house and the house in which the chart ruler is. In which way I can't say (probably depends on the planet involved). And the orb would be max 1-2 degrees.

What would you say about the chart ruler Mars (in the second house) conjunct Algol?
Yea & probably would make one do anything evil n move anything out there way for sex money/the second house... mars? definitely would mean Aggression n fighting done to achieve it. is your mars in the second house or is it because of the transit right now?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 06-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Mandy Mandy is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pari, La France
Posts: 527
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Here is a thread that might be of some use to you. http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ighlight=algol
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mandy For This Useful Post:
ocho (06-30-2013)
  #9  
Unread 06-30-2013, 05:45 PM
ocho ocho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Do trines sextiles work?

Last edited by ocho; 07-04-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 06-30-2013, 05:49 PM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

It's very hard to compare those 2 because Pluto is a planet and Algol is a fixed star that could conjunct any planet that's around 25 Taurus. Having Algol Venus is going to be different than having Algol Saturn, etc.

I have Pluto in the 1st house and I have Mars conjunct Algol in the 8th, so I'll give you a rundown.

Plutonian energy is heavy, intense, dark, and most of all, hard to control. Having that energy in the 1st house, a very open house, it creates at least a conscious awareness of difficult and uncontrollable energy. Often times, I feel like I cannot directly go after what I want. I have to be sly, manipulate, and maneuver to achieve my objective- so everything has to be indirect. However, I generally get what I want, for better or worse.

Pluto is the planet of extremes- all or nothing, black or white, up or down. For the most part, I am very black and white and I am an all or nothing person. If I do something, I go all in and give 110% and if I'm not interested in something, I drop it completely. I also noticed that people react to me in extreme ways- either I'm loved or hated, but rarely in between. That goes ditto for me as I either love someone or I hate them.

Pluto is also the planet of power and reinvention. I find that I'm constantly in power battles with people and if I don't take charge, others will try to dominate me. When I take charge and have power, people actually listen to me. I change my looks and I got through phases (some good and some awful). If I'm injured or suffer a loss, I regenerate quickly- whether it's physical, material, emotional, intellectual.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
ocho (06-30-2013)
  #11  
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Zonark's Avatar
Zonark Zonark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: chillin
Posts: 805
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho View Post
It seems like an interesting battle, they both seem very powerful but who would back down first? who would notice the others intensity first
Well if Pluto were in Taurus conjunct the Ascendant with Algol (Algol is in Taurus), which is accidental fall, Algol would win because Pluto would be weakened by being in Taurus. That's the simple answer.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:19 PM
ocho ocho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
It's very hard to compare those 2 because Pluto is a planet and Algol is a fixed star that could conjunct any planet that's around 25 Taurus. Having Algol Venus is going to be different than having Algol Saturn, etc.

I have Pluto in the 1st house and I have Mars conjunct Algol in the 8th, so I'll give you a rundown.

Plutonian energy is heavy, intense, dark, and most of all, hard to control. Having that energy in the 1st house, a very open house, it creates at least a conscious awareness of difficult and uncontrollable energy. Often times, I feel like I cannot directly go after what I want. I have to be sly, manipulate, and maneuver to achieve my objective- so everything has to be indirect. However, I generally get what I want, for better or worse.

Pluto is the planet of extremes- all or nothing, black or white, up or down. For the most part, I am very black and white and I am an all or nothing person. If I do something, I go all in and give 110% and if I'm not interested in something, I drop it completely. I also noticed that people react to me in extreme ways- either I'm loved or hated, but rarely in between. That goes ditto for me as I either love someone or I hate them.

Pluto is also the planet of power and reinvention. I find that I'm constantly in power battles with people and if I don't take charge, others will try to dominate me. When I take charge and have power, people actually listen to me. I change my looks and I got through phases (some good and some awful). If I'm injured or suffer a loss, I regenerate quickly- whether it's physical, material, emotional, intellectual.
Thanks alot for that clear Information on Pluto! Really helps as I have it In the 7th so I can relate to you alott regarding this. I wish i can get a clear info like this on algol in the 1st house too. that would be awsome.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:22 PM
ocho ocho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonark View Post
Well if Pluto were in Taurus conjunct the Ascendant with Algol (Algol is in Taurus), which is accidental fall, Algol would win because Pluto would be weakened by being in Taurus. That's the simple answer.
You have to go in a time machine into the 1800s for that ahaha and How do we know that Algol is in it's home in Taurus?

& do you think a Pluto Rising & Algol rising would be drawn to eachother instead of repulsion rivalry?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Zonark's Avatar
Zonark Zonark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: chillin
Posts: 805
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho View Post
Thanks alot for that clear Information on Pluto! Really helps as I have it In the 7th so I can relate to you alott regarding this. I wish i can get a clear info like this on algol in the 1st house too. that would be awsome.
Here's what I know about Algol. It is called the Demon Star, the Medusa star, the star of Pain. It is associated with the most gruesome and horrific kinds of transformations and the ancients considered it the most evil star in the heavens.

It is actually a binary system, a white and brown dwarf star. The brown dwarf orbits in front of the white dwarf causing its light to be eclipsed, so Algol appears to 'blink' every now and then. Ancient astrologers observed that when Algol's light was not eclipsed it exerted a definitively evil influence. Notably it appeared brightest during hundreds of executions and murders, particularly where decapitation, hanging, poisoning, torture or in more modern times electrocution, bombings and other sudden horrific events were involved.

If someone were born with their Ascendant on Algol when its light was shining, the ancient astrologers would take this as an evil omen for the person's life. Likely they will be involved with, in one way or another, the evils Algol was seen to synchronize with.

On a more spiritual level the frightening and painful experiences Algol rules offer immense opportunity for the soul's growth and development. For an idea of a movie series that perfectly characterizes Algol's energy, look at the Saw movies. Jigsaw would definitely be under the influence of Algol, as would all his victims. And as another interesting note for anyone who has seen that series, you know that Jigsaw is actually an astrologer as well as an engineer and a twisted serial killer. His insane torturous inquisition was triggered by his wife's miscarriage due to someone hitting her in the stomach. He had planned the birth of the child very precisely to give it excellent astrological influences.

Last edited by Zonark; 06-30-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zonark For This Useful Post:
ocho (06-30-2013)
  #15  
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Zonark's Avatar
Zonark Zonark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: chillin
Posts: 805
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho View Post
You have to go in a time machine into the 1800s for that ahaha and How do we know that Algol is in it's home in Taurus?

& do you think a Pluto Rising & Algol rising would be drawn to eachother instead of repulsion rivalry?
In many ways Pluto and Algol are alike but Algol is definitely the stronger of the two in Taurus.

We know that Algol is in its home in Taurus because that is where it has been since humankind has been observing the heavens. The stars, unlike the planets, do not move as much. They will stay in one constellation for hundreds of thousands of years, which is why they have names that often characterize them as an essential part of the constellation.

Algol has barely moved from its place in Taurus since the 1800s and even in ancient Sumer, Algol was still in Taurus. The stars do not move like the planets do. They move, but at a much slower pace.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zonark For This Useful Post:
ocho (06-30-2013)
  #16  
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Zonark's Avatar
Zonark Zonark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: chillin
Posts: 805
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho View Post
& do you think a Pluto Rising & Algol rising would be drawn to eachother instead of repulsion rivalry?
The short answer is yes.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zonark For This Useful Post:
ocho (06-30-2013)
  #17  
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Chalk Chalk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 321
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

http://altairastrology.wordpress.com...al-hobgoblins/
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chalk For This Useful Post:
ocho (06-30-2013)
  #18  
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM
ocho ocho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

thats cool thanks alot for all your responses!

Last edited by ocho; 07-04-2013 at 04:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 07-01-2013, 03:08 AM
dude123 dude123 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 73
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
Pluto is the planet of extremes- all or nothing, black or white, up or down. For the most part, I am very black and white and I am an all or nothing person. If I do something, I go all in and give 110% and if I'm not interested in something, I drop it completely. I also noticed that people react to me in extreme ways- either I'm loved or hated, but rarely in between. That goes ditto for me as I either love someone or I hate them.
[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Personally I think Pluto Rising is much more intense and powerful than Algol Rising. But Algol could be very strong in its own way as well, since it's one of the most violent fixed stars.

Contrary to belief that Taurus is a peace-loving sign, it could actually be one of the most violent signs due to the nature of Algol residing at 25 degrees Taurus. So, any planet that conjuncts that angle is said to bestow a "violent streak" to the individual. Take Chris Brown, for example, he has both Sun and Moon conjunct Algol, and was known to brutally beat up his girlfriend. Ouch.

Last edited by wilsontc; 07-05-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dude123 For This Useful Post:
ocho (07-01-2013)
  #20  
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:20 AM
demetraceres demetraceres is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 295
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho View Post
Yea & probably would make one do anything evil n move anything out there way for sex money/the second house... mars? definitely would mean Aggression n fighting done to achieve it. is your mars in the second house or is it because of the transit right now?
My natal Mars conjunct Algol is in the second house. I'm not aggressive, especially not for the money and of course not for the sex (but I did experience some aggression from others). I'm wondering maybe it has to do something with self-worth.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:45 PM
ocho ocho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 173
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Mars Conjunct Algol , When you get angry is it to the extreme?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:26 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,889
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude123 View Post

Contrary to belief that Taurus is a peace-loving sign, it could actually be one of the most violent signs due to the nature of Algol residing at 25 degrees Taurus. So, any planet that conjuncts that angle is said to bestow a "violent streak" to the individual. Take Chris Brown, for example, he has both Sun and Moon conjunct Algol, and was known to brutally beat up his girlfriend. Ouch.
Taurus, ruled by benefic Venus, is connected with serenity and calm. The most indolent of signs. I would offer that it's violence might be more connected with its Scorpionic polarity.

Regarding Chris Brown's violence: Algol's affect is likely limited, being 8-10 degrees away from his Sun and Moon conjunction at about 15 and 17 degrees of Taurus. And 15 degrees of fixed has its own intensity, being at the midpoint of the 0 cardinal signs.

Also, a cursory look at Brown's chart shows a debilitated Mars, in its fall and in the the 12th closely opposed by unpredictable Uranus. This might more likely explain sudden outburst of violence. Saturn Neptune's trine to Sun Moon might also be a bit crazy-making.

Just some thoughts.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
ocho (07-03-2013)
  #23  
Unread 07-05-2013, 06:20 AM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetraceres View Post
My natal Mars conjunct Algol is in the second house. I'm not aggressive, especially not for the money and of course not for the sex (but I did experience some aggression from others). I'm wondering maybe it has to do something with self-worth.
WHOA! Yes! I always wanted to know what the experiences of my opposite is! I have Mars conjunct Algol 8th. Do you have clear boundaries of what your possessions are?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 07-06-2013, 04:26 AM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Taurus, ruled by benefic Venus, is connected with serenity and calm. The most indolent of signs. I would offer that it's violence might be more connected with its Scorpionic polarity.
In general, yes, Taurus is ruled by Venus and more likely to default on Venusian characteristics of charm, grace, calmness, serenity, peacefulness, etc. However, it depends on what planet Taurus placed in.

It is detriment in Mars and it actually could end up being a very brutal placement. But because Taurus is passive, it is not likely to provoke aggression/violence, but rather, use violence as a reaction and some times, goes overboard (such as Chris Brown beating Rihanna) because the placement itself has tremendous difficulty in expressing anger.

The Venusian mantra of "keep calm" actually works against Taurus (and Libra) when placed in Mars because the result is bottled up aggression. Eventually all those angry/violent/negative feelings have to go somewhere and that's when brutality can get unleashed.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 07-06-2013, 02:04 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,889
Re: Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
In general, yes, Taurus is ruled by Venus and more likely to default on Venusian characteristics of charm, grace, calmness, serenity, peacefulness, etc. However, it depends on what planet Taurus placed in.

It is detriment in Mars and it actually could end up being a very brutal placement. But because Taurus is passive, it is not likely to provoke aggression/violence, but rather, use violence as a reaction and some times, goes overboard (such as Chris Brown beating Rihanna) because the placement itself has tremendous difficulty in expressing anger.

The Venusian mantra of "keep calm" actually works against Taurus (and Libra) when placed in Mars because the result is bottled up aggression. Eventually all those angry/violent/negative feelings have to go somewhere and that's when brutality can get unleashed.
Good point.

I was describing the innate attributes of the sign of Taurus as it related to Chris Brown's Sun and Moon, since neither are really conjunct Algol with 8-10 degree orbs.
Originally Posted by dude123

Contrary to belief that Taurus is a peace-loving sign, it could actually be one of the most violent signs due to the nature of Algol residing at 25 degrees Taurus. So, any planet that conjuncts that angle is said to bestow a "violent streak" to the individual. Take Chris Brown, for example, he has both Sun and Moon conjunct Algol, and was known to brutally beat up his girlfriend. Ouch.

I believe you are describing the attributes of a planet, rather than the sign, that is compelled to act not in accord with its nature since it is in its debility. And that nature you are describing is more directly attributable to Taurus' polarity, Scorpio, than to Taurus, as we are talking about Mars, ruler of Scorpio, being forced into Taurus' template, which was my original point. Violence is more connected with Scorpio than with Taurus.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
algol, pluto, rising

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.