Did you dream about your children before you had them?

Neptune Rising

Its interesting these precognitive dreams, thanks for sharing.

I have had loads of intense dreams about babies and death -- went through a long period when the occured pretty much every night. At first I thought perhaps I am about to be pregnant, but soon realised that its more about me dying and being born, aspects of myself that I am letting go and new energy coming into me. And indeed this was happening to me, dreams always connect to whats going on around us.

Its safe to analyse any dream as if every character in it was yourself. This is not to dismiss precognitive dreams -- I don't have them but I don't deny your experience. But whether you have such dreams or not, if you explore any strong dream with the perspective that everyone in it is an aspect yourself, I feel you are bound to learn something useful about you and your current life.

That is a very interesting viewpoint and thanks for sharing that. I do love to explore dreams, when I can remember or make the effort to write them down upon waking. It could well be that the dream, of me playing with a little boy as he was learning to talk, is me nurturing my own growing ability to express myself assertively. Time will tell. Symbology carries energy and who knows how this energy will manifest. But its interesting to explore.

During my studies in psychology, and especially Freud and his dream analysis, I learned basically, no matter what the dream books say, it is how you feel personally and what the symbols mean for YOU in your dream, that matter. A red colour, for example, can mean two completely different things for two different people. It is also how you feel upon waking that is most important and its there that your intuition kicks in - you may know what the symbology of the dream was for you.

Mercury101 seems to disregard this essential fact, dreams are very personal.

This is actually your whole presumption about me based on my first post, and may I add, is very far from a fact, its a projection of your first reaction to my post. Never did I mention about an accidental pregnancy, never did I say I would get pregnant with 'that guy'. Sure I fancy him, just as I fancy Johnny Depp and would certainly have his babies :D I need not explain myself again because I feel it will fall on closed ears. My horses are cantering along very nicely, thank you. And who is frying noodles here, I'm getting hungry, can I have egg fried please with crispy duck pancakes on the side...?

BTW my original question was, have you dreamt about your children before they manifested onto the Earth... Its not a question about abortion. Please stick to the question.

Actually, Waybread is the one who tried to make this about abortion, and Im the one who brought it back to subject. Too bad my whole post was 'mysteriously' deleted!

I answered your question with an experience of my own. I had a very real dream about my own child, seeing her face in my mirror, shortly after my gf aborted it. And in the dream, she was a teen. It seemed very real, and in some way that was a possible reality, but it wasn't real. I am a psychic, intuitive, and have precog dreams, but they're not all real, That's all I'm saying. Just because you dream of seeing your child very clearly, does not necessarily mean that it will come to fruition.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Actually, Waybread is the one who tried to make this about abortion, and Im the one who brought it back to subject. Too bad my whole post was 'mysteriously' deleted!

I answered your question with an experience of my own. I had a very real dream about my own child, seeing her face in my mirror, shortly after my gf aborted it. And in the dream, she was a teen. It seemed very real, and in some way that was a possible reality, but it wasn't real. I am a psychic, intuitive, and have precog dreams, but they're not all real, That's all I'm saying. Just because you dream of seeing your child very clearly, does not necessarily mean that it will come to fruition.

I deleted your post and the one in response to it, as you were veering off topic. No mystery.

That wasn't all you were saying, and its all there above, but I'm not going to rake over it all again. I will just say this... You mention in this quote above, that you had a very real dream and you knew who it was in your dream. Precisely what I feel about my dream. you know yourself how your dream feels to you. You basically discounted any ability that I have to know myself, my intuitions and recognise an energy in my dream and accused me of being duped by the lower vibration of Neptune. Apart from that, your views have been most helpful. Btw, I never said it will come to fruition, you seem to think that is what I meant. If you re-read my original post, you will see that I relayed my dream, my emotions and asked "Did you dream about your children before you had them?" as I like to ask questions. Jupiter in the 3rd house, with Moon, ya know, with Pisces ruling. Take that as you will - lower or higher Neptune vibration, but projections are only mirrors.

I deleted your post and the one in response to it, as you were veering off topic. No mystery.

That wasn't all you were saying, and its all there above, but I'm not going to rake over it all again. I will just say this... You mention in this quote above, that you had a very real dream and you knew who it was in your dream. Precisely what I feel about my dream. you know yourself how your dream feels to you. You basically discounted any ability that I have to know myself, my intuitions and recognise an energy in my dream and accused me of being duped by the lower vibration of Neptune. Apart from that, your views have been most helpful. Btw, I never said it will come to fruition, you seem to think that is what I meant. If you re-read my original post, you will see that I relayed my dream, my emotions and asked "Did you dream about your children before you had them?" as I like to ask questions. Jupiter in the 3rd house, with Moon, ya know, with Pisces ruling. Take that as you will - lower or higher Neptune vibration, but projections are only mirrors.

And all I was saying, out of a sincere concern that you don't get carried away with this particularly dream, was that I can relate, and that's why I responded. You may just be dead on with the dream, and that would be very cool But that would also be like me saying, hey, you may just win the lotto tomorrow, bc technically, there is a mathematical probability that u can, albeit very small.

My only intention in responding was to show the complexity behind the topic. There are many variables that would have to come into play for that dream to manifest. Im sure it has happened to some ppl..Sometimes the energy of the child is so strong, they can announce their arrival on the astral plane before they get here. Completely understandable, even expected in the psychic world. It's just that unfortunately, Neptune can deceive ppl, to put it bluntly. So Im always careful to factor in what Mercury thinks, hence my putting in my 2 cents. Nothing more, nothing less.

Neptune Rising

Mercury101 said:
And all I was saying, out of a sincere concern that you don't get carried away with this particularly dream, was that I can relate, and that's why I responded. You may just be dead on with the dream, and that would be very cool But that would also be like me saying, hey, you may just win the lotto tomorrow, bc technically, there is a mathematical probability that u can, albeit very small.

My only intention in responding was to show the complexity behind the topic. There are many variables that would have to come into play for that dream to manifest. Im sure it has happened to some ppl..Sometimes the energy of the child is so strong, they can announce their arrival on the astral plane before they get here. Completely understandable, even expected in the psychic world. It's just that unfortunately, Neptune can deceive ppl, to put it bluntly. So Im always careful to factor in what Mercury thinks, hence my putting in my 2 cents. Nothing more, nothing less.
Thanks for your concern, perhaps you need also to check in with your own Neptune (projections) as I gave no hint of being carried away with anything. It is a bit limiting to immediately take out the planet that I have in my screen name, project its lower qualities onto my post with the assumption that I am living in the world of 'lower Neptune'. If you want to check out my chart, its in my signature, as this would broaden your view on what I may and may not get 'carried away' with. Mercury in Aquarius trine Pluto (9th house), may give me a bit of strength of mind to decipher my own intuitions.

Sorry if I offend you, but I prefer to view the bigger picture, than just one planet in making an assumption about someone's character.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

During a theology course called 'the Religious Experience of Dreaming', where we were asked to write down our dreams and choose one to present to the class for discussion, i had a dream about myself as a prisoner. I was naked lying on the floor of a toilet washroom wiith my wrists chained to a hot water heater.

In my dream, i'm looking down from the ceiling at myself, a vulnerable, miserable body lying on the floor. At first, i feel disjust but then slowly i feel drawn toward it, and i pick up this poor weakened soul in my arms and suddenly we merge together into a burst of blinding, loving light.

My prof, an east german man from Dresden, who was shot in the back when he was 9yrs old running away from soldiers during WWII, later told me that german prisoners of war were kept imprisoned, chained and handcuffed to hot water heaters with the heat turned on....

I had never heard of this information before.

Hi Inline, wow that is uncanny! I can certainly believe that you picked up on a vibration with that dream, that was the first thing that came to mind as I read the first paragraph of the dream. That loving light sounds incredibly healing.

This brings to my mind, my dream may even be associate with the spirit of a child that I didn't go ahead with, when I was much younger, about 15 years ago. A child spirit sometimes comes through when I visit Spiritualist Churches.

Vagabondgirl

My guide told me that I would have kids, I felt it was something like 2 of them, think a girl and a boy. She also said I would have another guy, not my previous boyfriend as a husband, he seemed older and with darker complexion and had a high position in something that seemed like foreign affairs or law, he was a foreigner but dont know from where... I dont know if this will ever happen, the guide just told me so in this strange conversation that was neither a dream or being fully awake either. Only time will tell:lol:

caltron

I had posted the following in an older thread on this same topic so I'll post it here too!
I have four planets in my 12th house, and I will have a prophetic dream once in a blue moon. I had the best prophetic dream of my life the month before I got pregnant with my daughter. We had been trying to conceive for eight months and I had become very anxious and worried about whether it would ever happen for me. My mother had died in the past year after a nine month battle with cancer, so I was dealing with a lot of grief on top of the stress of infertility.

The month before I got pregnant, I dreamt I was in my bedroom. It wasn't like a dream, it was like I was really in my bedroom. My dh was asleep beside me. Then I felt a weird sensation in my abdomen and out popped a baby. In my dream all I could think was "wow, I didn't even know I was pregnant" Dh was still asleep and I decided to call my doctor.

Then the best part was that my late mother appeared in my dream in my bedroom. She was just as I remembered her in my youth--healthy, vibrant, beautiful. It wasn't like I was dreaming about her--it was like she was actually there. Things I had forgotten about her came rushing back. It was a very intense moment and I was so happy to see her again. What's more is that she came and got the baby and cooed at her and went on about how cute it was, just like I would have imagined she would go on if she had lived. She took the baby out of thr room so we could rest--which is just so like her. Then she brought it back and I jsut stared and stared at it. In my dream, for some reason, I thought the baby was a boy even though it looked like the most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen. The baby was so beautiful, she sparkled...

I ended up having a beautiful baby girl who looked a lot like the baby in my dreams. I had been so sad over not being able to conceive, and that dream really lifted my spirits. I still think about it with fondness to this day. At the time, I wasn't sure if it was a prophetic dream or wish fulfullment, but I had no doubt in my mind that my mother paid me a visit in that dream. I had had two other dreams with my mother after she died, but in the other two, I remember almost nothing about what happened except that she was in the dream. My baby dream was the only dream where I was "allowed" to remember the details of the visit with my mom.

So, I've been trying to have another child after another eight long months of trying, I had another baby dream, and in this one, I dreamt I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant but didn't know it. I dreamt I was trying to get an appointment to see a doctor because I hadn't been seen by one during my whole pregnancy. I almost never have wish fulfillment dreams, so I hope this one is prophetic.

The last time around, I had had a dream where I had taken a pregnancy test and it looked positive but I wasn't sure if it was defective. Then a few months later I had the baby dream. This time around, I also had a dream where I took a pregnancy test and got a positive right when we first started trying. In my dream, I remember saying, "but it's too soon" and went back to sleep. I am now kicking my "dream self" for saying that now!!!

Neptune Rising

Wow thats a lovely experience caltron, thank you for sharing that. Its touching that your late mum visited you in that state, 'dreamstate' or whatever its called, its so sweet she came to give you a message. I so do believe that happens. I sometimes visit spiritualist churches, and the messages that people get there from their loved ones is not only touching, but so accurate and only can be known by them. And I've had messages too.

When I look back at this dream that I had, I do feel there is a message there. And something has happened recently which links in with this dream. Time will tell. But its so lovely to hear about these types of experience.

Sandra0406

I don't have prophetic dreams,but I recently dreamed that I hold some boy about five years old...I think it wasn't my child, but I really loved him,like he was mine...He was in some danger,and I took him to some house,in order to protect him.In front of the house I saw his father,I felt great love for him, though I didn't know him,but he was distant from me...When I woke up I felt like he was my child...Strangely...