Did you dream about your children before you had them?

Neptune Rising

Hello

I am wondering, if you dreamt about your children before you had them?

I keep dreaming about children, babies lately. And I know they are mine. I don't have any of my own children in waking life as of yet. In one dream, there was my child or baby (I can't remember) and there were other children who belonged to someone else. Last night, I dreamt of a little boy who was trying to talk and he belonged to me, I was tickling him.

A friend of mine dreamt of her boy before she had him. She was in a new relationship at the time with his father now. Last year I also dreamt of a friend's pregnancy a few weeks before she actually concieved.

I am curious as the nodes are heading towards my 5th/11th house axis and there will be a couple of eclipses on my 'child' asteroid, which sextiles Ceres/Jupiter. This other friend I know had a similar transit when she got pregnant, the nodes were nearing the end of her 5th house and at least one eclipse made a square aspect to her 'child' asteroid.

Neptune Rising

This dream last night happened during the Venus Sun conjunction which happens in my 7th house, in square to my natal Jupiter. Yesterday I had an overwhelming sense/feeling/sensation about a guy that I know and really like to put mildly - it came from nowhere, this feeling, and floored me, I was in floods of tears for no apparent reason.

Each conjunction is a seed moment, so I feel it will be interesting to explore what happens as the Sun and Venus progress through the cycle and make squares, then oppositions to each other.

Vagabondgirl

I have always dreamt about my longterm partners right before I met them. Dreamt of a baby being born, then I found out I would have a nephew. First saw a ghost like man who said he was dead and then a pregnancy. Also dreamt of my friends pregnancy and some details involving it, but with me in their place like observing from their eyes.

During easter I woke up in my bed in a dream with a baby I had just delivered lying on my chest. Suddenly I change dream and the boy is older 5 years or so and has eaten a battery and me and some stranger man (my husband?) had to rush to the hospital to the emergency department. Usually I also have a strong feeling when someone is going to enter my life, which I do not have now. So dont know what it could mean this last one. I dont know if this is the future or not. But not the near future at lest. I dont think I will have kids any time soon exactly:)

Vagabondgirl

I was pregnant one time before, but I didnt dream of any new person entering my life or did not feel this either. So when I found out I was pregnant I didnt get why my "abilities" could have failed so badly in something so significant... Turned out it was a miscarriage. In my experience no new guy or significant person or job comes to me without seeing it clearly in a dream. I dont know how many others have it like this?

Being that your name is Neptune Rising, I would assume that this is an actual aspect of your natal chart? Thus, one with this aspect would be prone to seeing what they want to see, as Neptune does rule delusion, fantasies, illusions, and wishful thinking.

Dreams these days can seem VERY real, I'll give you that! I had a dream I was at my own wedding, and everything felt so real. I was late, as I usually am in real life, my family members were clamoring to take pics, and in my mind, I'm panicking about the girl I'm about to marry! I escape to the bathroom, really freaking out bc this is a nightmare about to come true, and sure enough, in the dream, I think to myself, am I dreaming? As I'm relieving myself in the dream, I think, wait, I hope Im not dreaming about this "wedding" and "wetting" my bed in actuality!

Sure enough, Im jolted awake, with the strong urge to use the bathroom. Seems like my dream was an elaborate setup by my subconscious mind to scare me half to death so that I would wake up and go to the bathroom! Ha! :lol: And wouldn't you know, it worked! Like a charm! I really don't ever want to get married, so my subconscious mind knew exactly what to do to get the desired reaction out of me. And it also has a sense of humor, on many deep levels, ya know, with the whole "wedding/wetting" thing.

So again, I don't know anything about you, but just from your name, I would assume that Neptune figures prominently in your life, which can be a good or bad thing. Maybe it's your subconscious mind just fantasizing about getting pregnant by this guy. Or it could be real, but just in a parallel universe or something.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thanks Vagabond Girl, you seem have similar experience to me in intuiting things. I also dreamt of two friends pregnancies - one a few weeks before become pregnant, the other a few months, both in the same circumstances that I realised in my dreams. I didn't tell either of them before though, I just kept it to myself as I know the usual reaction unless someone actually has these experiences themselves. Then it all becomes about proving the intuitional experiences, and that would just be one ego interacting with another, and I really don't have the time for that.

My other friend, not linked to the two above, dreamt of her son before she had him. Not a "i want a son dream" just a dream that came to her awareness through her unconscious one night.

Neptune Rising

Being that your name is Neptune Rising, I would assume that this is an actual aspect of your natal chart? Thus, one with this aspect would be prone to seeing what they want to see, as Neptune does rule delusion, fantasies, illusions, and wishful thinking.

Dreams these days can seem VERY real, I'll give you that! I had a dream I was at my own wedding, and everything felt so real. I was late, as I usually am in real life, my family members were clamoring to take pics, and in my mind, I'm panicking about the girl I'm about to marry! I escape to the bathroom, really freaking out bc this is a nightmare about to come true, and sure enough, in the dream, I think to myself, am I dreaming? As I'm relieving myself in the dream, I think, wait, I hope Im not dreaming about this "wedding" and "wetting" my bed in actuality!

Sure enough, Im jolted awake, with the strong urge to use the bathroom. Seems like my dream was an elaborate setup by my subconscious mind to scare me half to death so that I would wake up and go to the bathroom! Ha! :lol: And wouldn't you know, it worked! Like a charm! I really don't ever want to get married, so my subconscious mind knew exactly what to do to get the desired reaction out of me. And it also has a sense of humor, on many deep levels, ya know, with the whole "wedding/wetting" thing.

So again, I don't know anything about you, but just from your name, I would assume that Neptune figures prominently in your life, which can be a good or bad thing. Maybe it's your subconscious mind just fantasizing about getting pregnant by this guy. Or it could be real, but just in a parallel universe or something.

I appreciate the comment, but this is such a stereotypical comment to my avatar and goes to show that some consider the whole chart and the whole experience of life just to be one planet, just like taking note of the newspaper or magazine sun sign predictions. Which is a shame as there is so much more to life, and to each and every individual than just one planet, or aspect of their character. There is also a Mercury in my chart.... that may also suggests how a person thinks.... and the aspects it makes, perhaps?

I know, myself, I have intuited things throughout my life and whether or not this dream is real, I trust my intuition, which is strong. If I believed and went by the sentiments in this quote, I would be in all sorts of trouble. That 'little voice' in my head has got me out of all sorts of situations, has helped me to succeed in life. Luckily the Neptune also rules intuition, dreams, art, creativity, healing and compassion as well as helping others, which is all of what I need and use in the work that I do, so I feel blessed to be able to cultivate the higher aspects of Neptune in my life (and go beyond the lower aspects as the ones you mention).

Talking of wedding dreams, I dreamt of a wedding once, mine, just a month prior to a long term on off (now ex) boyfriend asked me to marry him.

Quite possibly I am going though my own desires to have children, or quite possibly I will have with this chap, who knows, time will tell and I'm quite happy to wait and see. Time will tell :D

General comment: I do find it uncanny though, this dream happens during a Venus/Sun conjunction, and Venus rules the 5th, 10th houses in my chart.

Last edited:
I'm aware of Neptune's positive qualities, but it is still a tricky planet..If u have a well-aspected Mercury that can add logic to the equation, great. As somewhat of a Neptunian myself, I always double check with Mercury. And Mercury here seems to be saying that these dreams are just dreams. We have tons of them every night, but this one seems to be close to your heart, so you're adding a subjective, emotional attachment to it.

There are parallel universes, even different earth timelines, so dreams can seem very real, bc on some plane, they are. But as for seeing your actual kids before they're born? Sorry, that really sounds like wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with dreams, but you may want to check in with reality before relying on your dreams being real. They're called dreams for a reason?

Neptune Rising

I thank you for explaining your perspective to me. I do beg to differ though just as I've experienced dreams that had predictive qualities to them, so won't brush off my intuition with rationale. As I mentioned, through my life, my intuition, that 'little voice' inside has been most often correct, so I've learned to trust it implicitly. Of course there are people, similar to you in their perspective, who have so often tried to play this intuition down and I used to go with that, often to my own detriment. I have intuition for a reason and I choose to nurture, trust and listen to it. Too much concrete around in modern society, not enough commune with nature and the natural rythmn of life, its a shame to loose touch with what we are naturally born with - all of our senses.

I've spoken to mums who had dreams/intuitions of their children before them manifested. Sometimes you just 'know' things before they happen, this often happens to me. You have to go though the lower aspects of the planet to reach the higher aspects. For me, I've been through the illusionarly, delusionary, druggy and escapist aspects of this beautiful planet before reaching, with both feet, the Earth - as we seem to be on the subject of Neptune, though that was not the original subject of my post, ableit the natural ruler of the 12th house. If there are other universes, other lifetimes past and future, thats as may be, but this universe and the here and now are what I'm interested in.

tsmall

Premium Member
NR, when I was about 10 weeks preggers with number one, I had a dream that she was a little girl and her name was (insert my oldest daughter's name here.) When she was three months old, I had a dream that she had a little sister named Sydney. Guess what? :whistling:

I don't think it's unusual to dream of having children. The question could be to consider what else, if anything, children in a dream could signify. There are some who believe that if the soul already knows where it will incarnate next it will visit the mother prior to coming into existance. I don't know how much stock I put in it, but isn't it interesting how it worked out in my case?

waybread

I didn't dream about my children before they were born, but I actually had a dream about a grandchild. My children are grown up, with no grandchildren on the horizon. In this dream, my son was playing with a little boy on his knees, whom I took to be his son. I had an awful feeling that this child had grown up to this point without knowing his father, which made me feel anguished. I pleaded with my son not to lose or let go of this child ever again. But then even in the dream, I suddenly thought that maybe this little boy was my son's own "inner child" or a symbol of his own childhood, with whom he had lost touch.

One's own children are a 5th house matter. Grandchildren would be the 5th house from the 5th house, or 9th house.

Vagabondgirl

I'm aware of Neptune's positive qualities, but it is still a tricky planet..If u have a well-aspected Mercury that can add logic to the equation, great. As somewhat of a Neptunian myself, I always double check with Mercury. And Mercury here seems to be saying that these dreams are just dreams. We have tons of them every night, but this one seems to be close to your heart, so you're adding a subjective, emotional attachment to it.

There are parallel universes, even different earth timelines, so dreams can seem very real, bc on some plane, they are. But as for seeing your actual kids before they're born? Sorry, that really sounds like wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with dreams, but you may want to check in with reality before relying on your dreams being real. They're called dreams for a reason?

Hey! I saw my current boyfriend in a dream few weeks before we met. He had similar looks and the situations we were in later was quite similar. I knew I was about to meet someone, could also feel it. The 2 relationships before that I also dreamt something of them and felt I was going to meet someone important days or weeks before we met... I also had pre-cognitive dream about my nephew before he was born and I knew my brothers wife was pregnant with him. I absoulutely think its possible!

I have Neptune in the 8th square moon/venus. Neptune sextile mercury/pluto.

Vagabondgirl

Knowing that I always dream about a boyfriend before we meet and become a couple... When I fell pregnant 3 years ago I was shocked and could understand it was possible, because I didnt see any soul or nobody contacted me in dreams the way it usually happens. I know that no man or person playing a big part of my life comes to me without going through "the dreamway". I was happy about the pregnancy, but thought it was very strange nobody announced themselves. Few weeks later I miscarried... I kind of knew noone was there or coming that time.

Hey, like I said, Im a Neptunian myself! I've had my share of pre-cognitive dreams which came true, some significant (receiving much needed money, finding lost wallet), some very random,inconsequential things. But I've also had dreams which seemed totally real, (even nightmarish), but they ended up only being dreams.

This is really going to fry your noodle. Let's say you had a dream about having kids, and for some reason, things change financially in your future? You may indeed suddenly get pregnant, but then you may decide you're not ready, then what? How awful would that be, say if you were forced, by unseen circumstances to abort a child, that you saw in a dream fully grown? Mindf*** huh?

I'll tell you why I bring this up. When I was young, my first gf may have conceived. At the time, I was VERY psychic, but even without ESP, you could see she had this motherly glow to her one day, and I was afraid she was pregnant. Both 18 at the time, and just starting college and life, it would have been very hard for her to keep it. We spent the summer apart, and I had a dream she was coming to me with open arms, but she looked like an ogre in the dream. It stuck with me for some reason, and when we re-united, something was different, I completely lost attraction for her, and she could feel it, and we split.

Not long after, I had a dream where I looked in the mirror, and saw a girl with reddish hair. I read a dream book, and spoke to a wise interpreter of dreams, and he said that means I saw my own child. Sure enough, my girl at the time had reddish brown hair, so I may have seen what our child would look like. But it must have been on another plane, or alternate reality, bc I'm pretty sure my gf had an abortion that summer, and didn't tell me. So I basically saw my own aborted child in a dream. Even if one did see their child, there's no guarantee whether that will manifest in the real world or not. I mean, technically, we can dream about eating a burger(which is a totally real possibility), but die on the way to burger king, see what Im saying? It's totally possible you saw something, and kudos if your dream comes true, but Neptune is a tricky planet. Mercury's the trickster too, but he can be tamed.

The dream world of Neptune is like an ocean with an undertow that can pull you away forever, if you're not careful. For me, I still have psychic powers, I'm still mostly in the spiritual realm, but I always double-check with my left-brain(Mercury) b4 getting too excited about any dream, good or bad.

Last edited:

waybread

I fully support a woman's right to choose whether or not to be pregnant, but very, very few people are "forced... to abort a child" due to economic hardship.

If this were the case, a lot fewer poor people would have babies.

Vagabondgirl

For me important precognitive dreams can feel different. They are very strongly emotional. Sometimes I can pick them out from the non-precognitive ones. In love matters I have always managed to do it. But I also think we can dream about future or past of others or even get telepatic input from others via dreams. Might be hard to tell them apart... I dont always dream that I'm "me" so to say.

mayin

Its interesting these precognitive dreams, thanks for sharing.

I have had loads of intense dreams about babies and death -- went through a long period when the occured pretty much every night. At first I thought perhaps I am about to be pregnant, but soon realised that its more about me dying and being born, aspects of myself that I am letting go and new energy coming into me. And indeed this was happening to me, dreams always connect to whats going on around us.

Its safe to analyse any dream as if every character in it was yourself. This is not to dismiss precognitive dreams -- I don't have them but I don't deny your experience. But whether you have such dreams or not, if you explore any strong dream with the perspective that everyone in it is an aspect yourself, I feel you are bound to learn something useful about you and your current life.

Neptune Rising

NR, when I was about 10 weeks preggers with number one, I had a dream that she was a little girl and her name was (insert my oldest daughter's name here.) When she was three months old, I had a dream that she had a little sister named Sydney. Guess what? :whistling:

I don't think it's unusual to dream of having children. The question could be to consider what else, if anything, children in a dream could signify. There are some who believe that if the soul already knows where it will incarnate next it will visit the mother prior to coming into existance. I don't know how much stock I put in it, but isn't it interesting how it worked out in my case?

That is interesting, thanks Tsmall. That's quite sweet, dreaming of the name of your daughter. That is an interesting theory as well about the soul. Yes I agree, its a useful observation to make as to what the child or children in the dream signify. Though, me being a woman and playing with a little boy as he was learning how to speak, haven't figured out what else that could mean yet.

Neptune Rising

During my studies in psychology, and especially Freud and his dream analysis, I learned basically, no matter what the dream books say, it is how you feel personally and what the symbols mean for YOU in your dream, that matter. A red colour, for example, can mean two completely different things for two different people. It is also how you feel upon waking that is most important and its there that your intuition kicks in - you may know what the symbology of the dream was for you.

Mercury101 seems to disregard this essential fact, dreams are very personal.
Mercury101 said:
This is really going to fry your noodle. Let's say you had a dream about having kids, and for some reason, things change financially in your future? You may indeed suddenly get pregnant, but then you may decide you're not ready, then what? How awful would that be, say if you were forced, by unseen circumstances to abort a child, that you saw in a dream fully grown? Mindf*** huh?..........

Let's take Neptune risng for example, who's to say that if there's an accidental pregnancy, that the guy is ready for it? Bottom line is, this girl is talking about having imaginary babies with some guy she's not even married to, and I'm just telling her she needs to slow her horses!

This is actually your whole presumption about me based on my first post, and may I add, is very far from a fact, its a projection of your first reaction to my post. Never did I mention about an accidental pregnancy, never did I say I would get pregnant with 'that guy'. Sure I fancy him, just as I fancy Johnny Depp and would certainly have his babies :D I need not explain myself again because I feel it will fall on closed ears. My horses are cantering along very nicely, thank you. And who is frying noodles here, I'm getting hungry, can I have egg fried please with crispy duck pancakes on the side...?

BTW my original question was, have you dreamt about your children before they manifested onto the Earth... Its not a question about abortion. Please stick to the question.

Neptune Rising

I didn't dream about my children before they were born, but I actually had a dream about a grandchild. My children are grown up, with no grandchildren on the horizon. In this dream, my son was playing with a little boy on his knees, whom I took to be his son. I had an awful feeling that this child had grown up to this point without knowing his father, which made me feel anguished. I pleaded with my son not to lose or let go of this child ever again. But then even in the dream, I suddenly thought that maybe this little boy was my son's own "inner child" or a symbol of his own childhood, with whom he had lost touch.

One's own children are a 5th house matter. Grandchildren would be the 5th house from the 5th house, or 9th house.

Thanks Waybread, the perspective of the inner child in that dream. Now that you mention about the 5th house, I wish I'd timed the moment I woke up. I recall now Bob Zemco did a post about how to tell if dreams were likely to come true or not. I suspect there will be some activity in my 5th/11th houses when the nodes start to enter them, later in the year. I'll either have lots of romances, lost of creative projects, lots of showing off, lots of children or lots of fun! :biggrin: