Donald trump will serve his entire term and have a successful presidency

katydid

Yes, the Red tide has turned back the Green tide of renewable energy and a clean, healthy environment with wilderness protection. And, as was predicted, that massive tax cut for the wealthiest is causing a rollback in money spent on those who need help the most. The nation is bitterly divided, with insulting rhetoric on both sides. A very "successful" presidency indeed! :pinched:

So it would have been different if Hilary was elected? You think we would be less bitterly divided?

I look at my very liberal state, which has been run exclusively by Dems for many decades, like Pelosi and Schiff, and the homeless have taken over the streets, filled them with feces and used needles.

I don't think Dems policies hold the answers.

katydid

Look at the policies. Then look at the results of those policies. This is how it is, not a theoretical prediction based on liking or not liking the personalities of those setting the policies.

I look at the policies of the Dem candidates and it makes my skin crawl. Open Borders, tearing down our health care system and throwing the entire country on medicare? Thats a nightmare.

Turning over all childcare to the government starting at age one? :crying:

Berniies ideas are impossible, totally unrealistic, unfeasible. And they would destroy our country.

david starling

So it would have been different if Hilary was elected? You think we would be less bitterly divided?

I look at my very liberal state, which has been run exclusively by Dems for many decades, like Pelosi and Schiff, and the homeless have taken over the streets, filled them with feces and used needles.

I don't think Dems policies hold the answers.

Our weather attracts the homeless. California has been fighting Trump in court to prevent the lowering of our environmental standards.

david starling

What has Trump done to relieve the homeless problem? Sounds like he gets credit for everything you like, and the Dems are the scapegoats for everything else. :biggrin:

katydid

What has Trump done to relieve the homeless problem? Sounds like he gets credit for everything you like, and the Dems are the scapegoats for everything else. :biggrin:

He has some policies that could help a lot but the Dems have the opposite policies going on right now. Dems allow people to build tent cities and poop on the sidewalks.

If there is no law against living sin the street in a tent, then no one will try and do anything better for themselves.

I can't blame Trump for these policies. This is Nancy Pelosi's district and has been for many decades. And she is the head Democrat. Blame lands at her feet for this one.

AppLeo

There will always be homeless people.

In my opinion, who cares about them? Why are they a problem?

Not my problem. lelele

david starling

He has some policies that could help a lot but the Dems have the opposite policies going on right now. Dems allow people to build tent cities and poop on the sidewalks.

If there is no law against living sin the street in a tent, then no one will try and do anything better for themselves.

I can't blame Trump for these policies. This is Nancy Pelosi's district and has been for many decades. And she is the head Democrat. Blame lands at her feet for this one.

I'm guessing that Trump supporters can't blame him for ANYTHING. :lol: They ALWAYS make excuses for him and point the finger at someone else.

david starling

That's some of the problem for sure. But much more than half of it is mental health issues.

People should be cared for, not allowed to camp on the sidewalk.

Trump is cutting off their food stamps if they can't meet his impossible requirements. This includes elderly people who have shelter, but are barely making ends meet.

The NUMBER ONE thing about epidemics like the one going on now, is adequate food and shelter for the poor. Btw, many of the homeless are working, living in their vehicles, and not making enough to afford what it takes to afford rent.

david starling

Katy, I accidentally implied that I think you're THAT sort of "Trump supporter". You had already expressed reservations about his rudeness, which a REAL supporter would never do. I apologize.

Last edited:

katydid

Trump is cutting off their food stamps if they can't meet his impossible requirements. This includes elderly people who have shelter, but are barely making ends meet.

The NUMBER ONE thing about epidemics like the one going on now, is adequate food and shelter for the poor. Btw, many of the homeless are working, living in their vehicles, and not making enough to afford what it takes to afford rent.

I do not believe the elderly are being cut from their food stamps.

"The new regulations would tighten work requirements for recipients. The Department of Agriculture estimates that hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose their benefits as a result of the rule, which will affect “able-bodied” adults without dependents. "

It targets able bodied adults with no children in the home. So the elderly would not be affected.

katydid

If you are working but don't make enough to rent your own place, you can get together with others in the same boat. There is nothing preventing people from sharing an apartment with a few coworkers or friends, to avoid living in a car.

david starling

I do not believe the elderly are being cut from their food stamps.

"The new regulations would tighten work requirements for recipients. The Department of Agriculture estimates that hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose their benefits as a result of the rule, which will affect “able-bodied” adults without dependents. "

It targets able bodied adults with no children in the home. So the elderly would not be affected.

Anyone deemed "able-bodied" but not working, including the elderly. And, they have to prove they're not able to work.

The homeless population is obviously a target. Perfect for lowering its ability to resist infectious diseases, in combination with exposure to cold and rain. Either he's an idiot, and doesn't realize the consequences of his actions, or he wants this virus to spread, based on his POLICIES--not on his rhetoric.

Last edited:

david starling

Cutting off Food Stamps hurts the people who will go hungry and become ill, the grocery markets where the Food Stamps will be spent, and the farmers who supply the grocery markets. It will also increase crime. It's not only a hard-hearted policy, it's a stupid one.

NOT a "successful" Presidency" by any reasonable standard. More like, divide and conquer.

Last edited:

katydid

Anyone deemed "able-bodied" but not working, including the elderly. And, they have to prove they're not able to work.

The homeless population is obviously a target. Perfect for lowering its ability to resist infectious diseases, in combination with exposure to cold and rain. Either he's an idiot, and doesn't realize the consequences of his actions, or he wants this virus to spread, based on his POLICIES--not on his rhetoric.

If someone is truly elderly, than they cannot be expected to work. No one hires an elderly person.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/food-...upplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap

While SNAP’s fundamental purpose is to help low-income families, the elderly, and people with disabilities afford an adequate diet, it promotes other goals as well:

Protecting families from hardship and hunger

SNAP benefits are an entitlement, which means that anyone who qualifies under program rules can receive benefits. As a result, SNAP responds quickly and effectively to support low-income families and communities during times of increased need. Enrollment expands when the economy weakens and contracts when the economy recovers and poverty declines. In this way, SNAP helps families to bridge temporary periods of unemployment or a family crisis. If a parent loses her job or has a job that pays low wages, SNAP can help her feed her children until she is able to improve her circumstances.

Most unemployed childless adults are limited to three months of benefits, unless they are working at least 20 hours per week or participating in a qualifying workfare or job training program. States may seek temporary waivers from this time limit for areas with high unemployment, where qualifying jobs are scarce. To receive a waiver, states must provide detailed Labor Department unemployment data for the state or areas within the state that demonstrate sustained levels of high unemployment.

During the Great Recession and its aftermath, most states were covered by waivers from the time limit due to high unemployment. However, as unemployment rates fell, fewer areas across the country qualified for statewide waivers. The time limit is now in effect in at least a portion of the state in most states. States also have separate, broad authority to impose work requirements on many adults in SNAP households.

For more information, see Waivers Add Key State Flexibility to SNAP’s Three-Month Time Limit.

katydid

Cutting off Food Stamps hurts the people who will go hungry and become ill, the grocery markets where the Food Stamps will be spent, and the farmers who supply the grocery markets. It will also increase crime. It's not only a hard-hearted policy, it's a stupid one.

NOT a "successful" Presidency" by any reasonable standard. More like, divide and conquer.

No one is cutting off food stamps from the truly needy or from low income working families.

They are tightening up to prevent people from abusing the system however.

david starling

Are homeless people able to get food stamps?

I'm seeing much different information regarding what this administration intends to do to undermine SNAP, and disqualify needy people from government assistance.

Trump propaganda is replacing actual reporting on the facts in many areas. That's how a dictatorial regime controls the flow of information.

Why make cuts to food stamps in the first place? After the huge handouts to the very wealthy and the corporations, food stamp costs are a drop in the bucket for the budget. And, they help the economy since they increase business and employ workers in the markets and in agriculture.

NOT the mark of a "successful" presidency.