Am i cut for an illustrator ?

Athene

Hi guys, i'm so excited about this one :lol: I finally found the guts to confront this long burried dream of mine and pull it over the rug ... and then, i casted a chart for it.

I'm very new to horary and sure i'll drown without some assistance here .. If nothing, i rely on your kindness to help me with some questions i'm still totally clueles about, despite all my good intent :tongue:

Ok, so my question was about am i cut to pursue a path into illustration. It's seems easy at first glance, the question would be signifyed by the 10th house, no ? But then again, creativity, wouldnt that be the 5th house ? :andy: And when i stare again at the way i formulated the question ~ "am i cut for illustration" ~ the question is reflexive, meaning the question is about myself, isnt then that the 1st house ? :andy: Help ! :surprised:

Second, i got Scorpio rising there .. What can i assume with Scorpio rising in horary? I cant seem to find any good clues around ! Houw should i take it ? I'm troubled especially about this piece of puzzle as, for what i understood, Scorp rising is usually deemed negaive in horary ? At least that's the general talk i was able to collect around, but it doesnt help me make any constructive sense of it .. :unsure:

Ok, so with Scorpio rising i get night rulership Mars placed on the MC from the 9th .. that should be promising, i think. But let's look again, Mars in Virgo retrograde, ruler of MC/Mercury retrograde too, no conacts between them .. that should rise some eyebrows, no ? Though i found some interesting quotes about retrogrades here on the forum that make some sense to me, or at least, could be applyable in this specific case :

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90189&postcount=2

I think retrograde planetary motion means:

1. That something dysfunctional is going on with the things they represent.
2. That the trends are to look into the history of the things they represent to get an understanding of their future.
3. That the issues represented by the planet are being forced to the surface/Earth plane (retrograde planets are closest to Earth).
4. All of these things and more or something entirely different. ;)

Don't forget also to take into consideration the signs, houses and aspects.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90194&postcount=3

I don't believe that people should wait until planets go direct or become favorable before asking a question in Horary. If the need to know arose when you drew the chart it should be used. The retrograde planets are telling you something important.

Retrograde planets may represent:

- Someone or something returning
- Someone going back on a decision or promise.
- Hindered change

Venus in the 7th should be a good sign if i got it right, in domicile night rulership, as the 7th is, to some extent at least, always connected with the question, is that correct ? Then, regarding the nature of the question, i assume Jupiter in the 6th could stand for the beneficial X factor in forging ones craft there.. I'm not sure are midpoints used in horary, but i cant but notice as both are loosely cj the DC, he's right in the middle as their midpoint .. Any imput on how do i deem the DC point in horary ? Thanx !

North Node in 1st could possibly validate the intent of pursuing this path of action ?

Moon in the 8th Cancer .. hmm .. las aspect was Pluto opp/next incoming a closing sq to Saturn .. Well, deep down this is a question about how to shift my life paradigm, nurture my ability to explore my own creativity and gain some psychological stability through the whole process .. and, let's not forget, en-close a stabile shell around my own ego identity.

With a stellium in Pisces natally Moon/Venus/Mars in 5th with Uranus/Neptune stressed aspects , i am one of those 'airheads' who easely slip 'out of the body' most of the time .. egoless by definition. I need to choose and stick to a firm frame to collect and focus myself, which is not always easy with a 5th h emphasis that scatters it's attention in all dirrections .. if you add a 3d h stellium to the pic Mercury/Uranus/Neptune being there, i'ts a swarm of visions and projects, though they arent as easy to output and materialize as they are to imput. As Saturn is transiting my AC at the time, i conclude it's exactly the right time to deal with this matter now and shape it's structure :smile:

I have left out by now some interesting placements in the chart, and that's because i found them to be well descriptive of the bottomline story behind the question .. Let's start with that Neptune on the IC from the 3d. My formal education is in visual arts, and, from as long i remember, everyone around me knew i would go down this path as i came early do display some skills .. One following another, i was pushed to formalize this vocation, but in the middle, i dropped out. Take notice of that Chiron on the IC 4th, it's uncanny (actually Chiron is conjunct my natal Moon 0° at the current time) how wel it's placed regarding what i experienced there .. Without much regard about my actual wants, needs & type/style of creativity, i was systematically pressed /what escalated into harassement in the end/ by my own family for years, to produce realistic, 'grown up', capricornian type of art i can deliver, but am not inclined to .. the least. And they wouldnt stand for anything less or else then that, they would mock, deride, belittle and eaven destroy my works whenever i would escape to the 'magical' realities i foun myself much more at home to. My natal IC is Capricorn, Saturn in the 2nd on SN, Sun/Jupiter in 4th both sq by Pluto .. so, there. As Saturn in 2nd would imply, money was the guiding principle behing this illicit behavior of thairs, and that i can understand.. but t didnt help me one bit, i imploded in the end and vlew it all up the wind. I have fasted in my creative expression for allmost 10y now, i turned to other things meantime .. Now that Neptune is back in Pisces again, hehe, i do feel the call to abide and stand up there again :tongue: My first love in life were and are children books, children works/or what could be deemed children's - but doesnt have to be :tongue: /the 5th, remmember :sideways:/ illustrations, comics, animations and such, calligraphy too .. bottomline, this visual branch provides you with so many elements and layers to work on simultaneously, and that aspect is very important to me, i was never really of the 2D kind .. which always resulted in problems.

Back on the chart, MC ruler in the 4th, should imply, i should have the gift in me for that. And that Mercury rx is cj back my nt Mars very soon .. heh :tongue:

The Neptune POF conjunction stands for this question being trully about my vocation calling, no ?

I need some help with that Saturn in the 11th .. Thank you ! But i think i understand well it's to Venus inconjunction .. it's the dichtomy i feel about it the whole time.

The Moon/Saturn incoming square .. i think it describes what will i have to let go of in order to step on this path. I think it speaks pretty much by itself it all.

It's not really that i need to ask somebody else to know the answer to this question, it's not where i'll find my motivation i know that, but i'm as always interested in what the stars have to say about it too.. :smile: And maybe gain some sound advice on how to proceed - what to reckon with.

This is the chart :

retinoid

Yes you are cut out for it but there will be some problems with making it a career and making a lot of money from it. You will probably need training in some area first...(I didn't read what you wrote in your post it was too long sorry...) I used the 5th house to determine the creativity potential.

Athene

Yes you are cut out for it but there will be some problems with making it a career and making a lot of money from it. You will probably need training in some area first...(I didn't read what you wrote in your post it was too long sorry...) I used the 5th house to determine the creativity potential.

Ah, ok, it's cool :joyful: Thank you for giving it a glance !

Anachiel

Athene; here is how I would approach reading this chart.

The Scorpio rising signifies you, as does it's ruler Mars (traditionally).

As you are attempting make a career of being an illustrator, it becomes, as you noted, signfied by the 10th. I, personally, would also look to the 9th because the 9th signfies the capacity one may have for a particular field.

The Moon, also naturally co-signifies you.

The chart is showing you are interested in this field of study/career becuase there you are, Mars, on the 10th house. The Moon in the 9th shows you are thinking about more study in this field.

The Moon, strong in the 9th is trine Mercury, the ruler of the 10th which, you, Mars, also have a mixed mutual reception with.

The Moon, which rules the 9th of your capacity, is very strong and trine your own ASC.

I'd give all this a very positive indication!

best wishes

Athene

Athene; here is how I would approach reading this chart.

The Scorpio rising signifies you, as does it's ruler Mars (traditionally).

As you are attempting make a career of being an illustrator, it becomes, as you noted, signfied by the 10th. I, personally, would also look to the 9th because the 9th signfies the capacity one may have for a particular field.

The Moon, also naturally co-signifies you.

The chart is showing you are interested in this field of study/career becuase there you are, Mars, on the 10th house. The Moon in the 9th shows you are thinking about more study in this field.

The Moon, strong in the 9th is trine Mercury, the ruler of the 10th which, you, Mars, also have a mixed mutual reception with.

The Moon, which rules the 9th of your capacity, is very strong and trine your own ASC.

I'd give all this a very positive indication!

best wishes

Hi @Anachiel, - thank you so much - this is starting to make some sense to me now :sideways: :happy:

I've taken notice of this 'Grand Trine' involving the AC degree .. and have token it in positive relevance already :wink: What i assume with the Moon in horary is, that it indicates, for how well or ill the intent of the querent will 'embody' through the quesited in time perspective .. being supported or hindered by 'earthly' 'luck' and all .. is this correct ?

Assuming i have choosen the right house system, Mars there is technically still in the 9th .. but being rx, should i read it in the 10th noneless ?

Assuming to have both Moon and the AC ruler in the 9th, i could take that the correct way to open this path should be through formal channels of education, getting higher dgrees in the field (?) and such .. Natally, the ruler of my Mercury is placed on my SN, Mercury is in 3d cj Jupiter who is further applying on my Sun .. I know that despite all other circumstances, i'll be an 'eternal student' for all my life, but not in the bad sense of the term :sideways: For the hunger i have about knowledge and the rate at which i assimilate informations and techniques, i have the whale as my mental totem :biggrin: Refining myself-by-myself there is nothing short to sheer air to me }¤{ I never really needed that kind of 'formal supervision' the teaching institutions provide to meet my ends there .. In fact, i'm feed with them pretty much already so i would like to be clear on this particular instance if that's possible ....

The thing i have in mind is pursuing the kind of projects i can have complete creative, conceptual and design control over and once finished, searching for an editor. It's not illustration in general but well defined books i have in mind, the storytelling, the visual part, illuminations and calligraphy merged, something like you'll do with children picture books - but not quite :joyful: So, nothing i can expect to drop in my lap or work out over a 'day or two' .. In fact, i think i'll need at least a good two-year carefully prepared and executed plan before i'll be able to commit myself to it full time. Or eaven four now that i look at the degrees .. the 'time delay' is signifyed by this Moon/Saturn square i believe. Choosing this route will definitely require investments of both money and time, before it will be able to produce them by itself.

I'm not so sure about this Saturn in 11th, but i can say this field prooves to be as a pretty solitary way of life, requiring much time spent alone while doing work. Now i see too that the 3/9h ruled by Saturn and Sun respectively have intercepted signs .. should i be worried ? :andy: :unsure:

One more thing, can you or somebody else PLEASE imput on the Scorpio rising, what does he generally stand for here and what are the possible implications ?

@Anachiel, hank you so much again
:love: ~

Anachiel

What i assume with the Moon in horary is, that it indicates, for how well or ill the intent of the querent will 'embody' through the quesited in time perspective .. being supported or hindered by 'earthly' 'luck' and all .. is this correct ?

The Moon can show what is on the mind of the querent, what they are concerned with.

Assuming i have choosen the right house system, Mars there is technically still in the 9th .. but being rx, should i read it in the 10th noneless ?

In traditional horary there is 5 degree leeway so, it is considered in or on the 10th, in this case.

Assuming to have both Moon and the AC ruler in the 9th, i could take that the correct way to open this path should be through formal channels of education, getting higher dgrees in the field (?)

No, I didn't say that :) You already have the ability and skill. The Moon applies to Mercury, the ruler of the 10th, Mars on the 10th in mutual reception (mixed) with Mercury. Moon in the 9th, strong and trine the ASC. You already got it. You naturally have the skills and ability. You just need to use it and apply it.

The thing i have in mind is pursuing the kind of projects i can have complete creative, conceptual and design control over and once finished, searching for an editor. It's not illustration in general but well defined books i have in mind, the storytelling, the visual part, illuminations and calligraphy merged, something like you'll do with children picture books - but not quite

Yes, you are quite capable of doing this. Doing it. You do it, you'll get noticed!

I'm not so sure about this Saturn in 11th, but i can say this field prooves to be as a pretty solitary way of life, requiring much time spent alone while doing work. Now i see too that the 3/9h ruled by Saturn and Sun respectively have intercepted signs .. should i be worried ? :andy: :unsure:

No.

One more thing, can you or somebody else PLEASE imput on the Scorpio rising, what does he generally stand for here and what are the possible implications ?

Normally the ASC describes the person physically but, Scorpio rising can also signify a person who is enigmatic yet insightful and with the Moon trine it and strong, very intellectually capable and imaginative but honest. You probably are already very solitary and/or prefer it. No news there.

Last edited:

Athene

Normally the ASC describes the person physically but, Scorpio rising can also signify a person who is enigmatic yet insightful and with the Moon trine it and strong, very intellectually capable and imaginative but honest. You probably are already very solitary and/or prefer it. No news there.

I cant quote the whole of your post, but omg @Anachiel, you answered ALL OF MY QUESTIONS, THANK YOU SO MUCH - I'M SO INDEBTED WITH YOU ! m(_ _)m !!

Please contact me for anything or anyway i can repay your kindness ! :love::love::love:

Blessings dear }¤{ ~

Athene

I have a hunch about this Saturn in the 11th :wink:

As the 5th shows the general potential of our creativity, the 11th would show the general reception of it, the type of groups it attracts and the kind of support the 5h content recives .... In the case of the quesited, the general public, the readers, the fans so to speak.

So Saturn rx in 11th is ruled by Venus from 7th whom he forms an inconjunction with .. and this dosent really sound like much good to me. The farest i could strech this one without compromising the validity of the quesited itself, and asside it obv pointing at not having enough resources to get in motion with the plan at once (Venus Taurus), would be assuming to have problems with the working collegues in the field be indicated by it ? Any oppinions ?

Saturn itself is ruling the 3d, the house of the 'readers' vs. the 9th, the house of the teachings, the 'books', where, if i apply the "5 degree leeway" @Anachiel provided, the Moon could be read as if on the 9th cusp if not in the 9th h itself.

What i am concluding from the following is :

1. Saturn in 11th rx

~ could describe lack of reception or delyings in reception
(i'll strech, but like the "becoming famous after ones death
rather than during ones life" .. though what i'm concerned
here is not fame really :tongue: )
~ a small(er), 'internal' kind of supporters clique

3. Saturn ruling the 3d cusp Capricorn

~ could describe readers from the older age group
~ possibly leaning thoward accented/or increased criticism

Any oppinions here ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, i just checked the sabian degrees for the chart and i found their accuracy, well, mindblowing,
i'm quite amazed and i wasn't so sure they would fit the picture all that well .. :surprised:
If anybody wants, i can post and elaborate on them if there's interest in the matter.

I somehow doubt but i still want to ask, does anybody of you apply sabians in their horary
readings ?

Cheers ! :joyful: ~

Last edited: