Saturn and "character building": Why I hate Saturn

waybread

[Deleted response to off topic and attacking post. - Moderator]

Saturn is the Roman name for the earlier Greek god Kronos (Chronos, &c) from which we get our word "chronology." Kronos was the god of time. In Roman mythology, Saturn wasn't all bad: he presided over agriculture and the mythical Golden Age.

You cannot reasonably "fight" an astrological planet. It's best if you learn what it is in the sky to teach you.

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

John 1:6-8.There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe.

Luke 6: 24-25 But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort. Woe to you who are well fed now, for you will go hungry.

Matthew 6:19-20. Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.…

Luke 18: 22 Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Matthew 19:23-24. Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

In today's astrological thinking, the teachings of Jesus look Saturnine to me.

There is a theology of abundance in the Old Testament/Jewish Bible, but Jesus preached an extreme asceticism.

blackbery

Your question has been highly diverted but hang in there Clip11 & don't listen to those who blame you for the Winds of Fate which put untenable & unfortunate situations in your way due to Saturn's Malefic tendencies.

The Saturn Devils who have the control & run the world are full of deceit & cunning & they have quicksilver on their forked tongues to blame anyone except themselves for turning the world into one of greed, exploitation & a horror show. People with integrity & honour are tramped on by them but there's Divine Law which will get them all in the end. Hang in there & do what you can to improve your life. Living Well is the Best Revenge.:biggrin::w00t::love:

People say that Saturn in your chart helps you build character. So that justifies all of the hardships that it brings. But after you "build character" what then? Can you buy anything or get anything tangible with your newly built character. Its like working a hard job, but for monopoly money. Something that at the end of the day is worthless.

So how can any of the difficulties that Saturn bring be justified if there is no tangible reward at the end? It can't be unless you count reaching around and patting yourself on the back as a reward. So Saturn wants to "teach you patience", so what? What benefit does having more patience do for you? What can you buy with it? Can I trade it for goods and services? Do I get a harem of young women for my patience? If no, how am I or anyone else better off for "Saturn's lessons"?

That's why I call Saturn the devil's planet.

waybread

Giving to the poor is an essential tenet of the Bible.

See also the "widow's mite" in Mark 12:41-44, Luke 21:1-4.

One need not be wealthy to give what one can.

The positive face of Saturn knows how to get by on very little.

The negative face of Saturn fears hard times. So it's best to develop Saturnine coping skills.

CapAquaPis

The first 10,000 days of a human lifespan is the first Saturnian period: It is 27 years and 140 days long, halfway between 25 years old (quarter-century life) and 29 years and 8 months when we have our first Saturn return. We learn to be more mature and grown-up in between 25-30 years of age, which is what Saturn does as a planet that teaches people in becoming better toward others.

leomoon

So isn't that sort of deterministic?

Or do you consider that just symbolism, but not deterministic?

IF at the end, deterministic suggests karma then, its the same. Yes, I think Saturn is our karma. The planet which rules time. We are stuck in time (although we are supposed to be grateful for being the stuckee) :unsure:

CapAquaPis

My 25th birthday: Feb 15, 1980 (Sun in Aquarius birthdate, Moon in Taurus squares it and my traditional sign ruler Saturn in Cancer), My 10,000th day: July 4, 2007 (Sun in Cancer, Moon in Aquarius and Saturn in Leo), and My true Saturnian return: Sep 18, 2009 (Sun in Virgo, Moon in Virgo in conjunction or new moon, and Saturn at 25' Virgo, again there's a very Virgo interference).

edit: On my 10,000th day in my life (July 4, 2007), looking at my Saturn placement it was in 22' Leo and throughout the months of July-Aug of 2007, that planet is opposite my sun and moon conjunction in Aquarius.

Last edited: