Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.


View Poll Results: Are You Prepared for the Saturn-Uranus Opposition?
Yes 21 32.81%
No 17 26.56%
Maybe 14 21.88%
Don't Know 13 20.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 08-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Lightbulb The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Saturn-Uranus Opposition
Opening a New Era Into the 2010s
By Theodore White, classical scientific astrologer
Autumn 2008

As the world begins to enter the year 2009, I thought it was a good time to remind all of us about the coming series of Saturn-Uranus oppositions ahead that lead to another series of outer planet aspects which are very powerful for the world and will affect all of us as we enter the new decade of the 2010s.

Here is an example of the Saturn-Uranus opposition and the global economic crisis as seen by an American on current events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKBXz...eature=related

Saturn's transit through Virgo and Uranus' transit through tropical Pisces is causing a mindset across the worl of the old (Saturn) being confronted by the new and maverick (Uranus.) The first of several Saturn-uranus oppositions kicks off on November 4, 2008, which also happens to be the General Election Day for president in the United States.

The astrologer Alexander Ruperti says this about the effects of outer planet cycles on individuals and groups. He wrote about the influence of Saturn-Uranus oppositions ~

"The challenge to become a greater and more inclusive individual is usually felt…At such times, the “greater” initially tends to appear as the enemy of the status quo. Therefore, if the challenge is accepted, one must inevitably break with his traditions on some level of existence. Symbolically, then, he must pit Uranus against Saturn. Habit patterns will always resist change; and when the pressure of some creative challenge is felt, the ego will experience a sense of impending doom, generating fear and resisting change...The more rigid the ego [Saturn], the sharper the break must be in the end. If a crucial phase of the Saturn-Uranus cycle coincides with some overwhelming emotional crisis, the cause will always be the rigid inertia of social customs, privileges, personal habits, or assumed behavior patterns which resist the call of the creative spirit within...."

The Saturn-Uranus opposition begins to form their opposition aspect this September 2008 and by the U.S.A. General Election Day (Nov. 4) the opposition is exact at 18-degrees across the Virgo/Pisces axis. The oppsitions will continue through 2010 and into 2011 as Saturn enters early Libra and Uranus enters early Aries.

From November 2008 through September 2011, Transiting Saturn will oppose Uranus. The final series of oppositions in late 2010 into September 2011 takes place on the Aries/Libra axis. The first 4 Saturn-Uranus oppositions occur at 18°, 20°, 24° and 28° on the Virgo/Pisces axis. The fifth exact aspect between both planets happens on July 26, 2010 at the 0-degree equinox points of Aries (Uranus) and Libra (Saturn.)

These are very powerful transits of Saturn and Uranus, and they open up a series of strong world transits between Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto into the decade of the 2010s.

The last time Saturn and Uranus opposed one another was during the mid-to-late 1960s. This was a time of rebellion against the status quo, as young people fought with the "establishment" across the world and forced a cultural worldwide cultural revolution to happen.

The dangers of the coming Saturn-Uranus opposition worldwide is mainly a theme of adjusting to disruptions (Uranus) in the status quo of establishment (Saturn) and to attempt synthesis and unity more so than confrontation and rebellion. However, this will be very difficult for the establishment due to the massive generational change ahead.

What is happening is that the younger generation of the 1960s (Baby Boomers) are now being faced with massive change from the perspective as the "establishment" they once battled 40 years ago, but now (and through 2010) this Post-WWII generation is the establishment and they must make way for a new generation now in their 40's and younger as they rise to lead the world into this new century.

On a individual level with a Saturn-Uranus opposition, people choose sides ~ either Saturn, or Uranus. One or the other is "projected" onto other people, or groups of people and internalized as the "enemy,"

Hear ~ http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=BiFlou...eature=related

Projections are particularly dangerous because the person doing so often does not consciously realize that they are projecting their own personal fears onto others whom they view as "the other" when in reality it is the person doing the projection who is the "other" but has not faced this fact within their own consciousness. It is a lazy way of not dealing honestly with one's own shadow self, thus projecting one's frustrations and fears onto another person, or group of persons.

This Saturn-Uranus opposition will cause people to become inconsistent in their atttudes regarding their responsibilities (professional and personal) while exhibiting a strong desire for their own personal freedom (Uranus) yet demanding that others obey them (Saturn.)

See ~ http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfXuk...eature=related

This inconsistency is rewarded with rebellion (Uranus) because it doesn't make sense for a person (s) groups, etc., to ask that they are the only ones who can have personal freedoms while maintaining that the other person (s) groups, etc., cannot.

See ~ http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=KQtINJ...eature=related

Those wanting to effect change from the status qou are "frustrated" by the resistance to change ~ the new versus the old ~ and thus conflict is borne out of this frustration and projection takes place from old to new and from new to old. This is the cycle of 2009, 2010 into 2011.

See ~ http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=aVdVynUjuI4

The resulting conflicts from this Saturn-Uranus opposition are disruptions in personal security, upsets in family groups, friendships, marriages, and professional occupations. There is a very strong likihood of powerful fights betwween people in power positions and those saying that they've had enough time and must retire.

In this manner, it is also generational, as the Baby Boomers, who've rejected the very idea of aging, are being forced to come to terms with their own mortality. The young generation who rose to confront the establishment of the 1960s and 1970s are now having to face their own mortality, and the fact that they are now the new senior citizens and elderly of the world. 60 and 70 years of age is not the new 30 or 40s. The Baby Boomers have indeed aged and they must come to terms with this fact. Saturn will make it very clear during its transit in Virgo and entry into Libra.

The Saturn-Uranus opposition is not favorable for working with joint money, insurance, and corporate finances. Due to the prior Saturn-Neptune opposition of 2006-07, there has been massive corruption in worldwide money markets. Much of this effect is seen in mortgage-backed securities throughout the world and investment bankers who played large roles in this corruption will be held to account in 2009 through 2017.

The Saturn-Uranus opposition also shows that many plans of people involving business, professional and political matters will be very strange, eccentric and very impractical with many unexpected events disrupting normal business and economic desires. There will be persons and groups with ulterior motives who will attempt to get what they cannot achieve on their own through others, thus leading to becoming estranged from friends, business associates and partners. There will be strong reversals of favor and fortune should ulterior motives be used towards personal gain alone.

Being selfish, and thinking only of oneself is not a good strategy with this Saturn-Uranus opposition, and the other outer planet aspects at the start of the 2010s. It can lead to burning one's bridges behind oneself. These bridges and contacts will be needed to survive into the decade of the 2010s.

The solution is simple and interdisciplinary. By realizing what is happening with world transits concerning Saturn and Uranus along the Virgo/Pisces axis, one can avoid frontal confrontation by learning to adapt and to seek unity, while avoid polarizing projections. By using the energies of Saturn to maintain a sense of stability, but also being open to the possibilities of new and exciting changes, and accepting the new ways of doing things via cooperation, one can neutralize the Saturn-Uranus effectively. Cooperation, peace, and awareness ~ working with people on a team with a like mind and a win/win situation, and through sharing of resources ~ can neutralize these hard aspects; especially those of Saturn and Uranus.

Howver, the global transition will not be easy. There will be great conflicts between individuals, groups and nations throughout the world based on fears of the new, and the inability to settle old problems. This will be a major problem because the Saturn-Uranus opposition leads to other outer planet aspects that are hard and unfavorable:

- Jupiter-Saturn opposition in 2010 & 2011
- Jupiter Square Pluto aspect (2010 & 2011)
- Saturn square Pluto (2009 & 2010)
- Uranus Square Pluto (2011-2017)

Moreover, transiting Saturn is heading toward Libra, indicating a new era of laws and sense of justice and Uranus is transiting toward Aries, opening up half a new 42-year cycle (out of 84 years.)

The current Uranus cycle is ending the overall 84-yr. cycle begun in 1928, and the current half of that Uranus cycle since 1969. A major new era since 1969 is coming to an end in 2010 ~ and opening the doors for a new generation in 2011.

The coming Jupiter-Uranus conjunction in Pisces in 2010-11 helps to offset some of the rather nastier energies from the Saturn-Uranus opposition; however, the series of oppositions and squares in 2010 and 2011 between Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto are transited by Mars, which activates these hard positions throughout the world.

This will lead to a constant series of crisis throughout the global that have long-ranging consequences if not eased by acts of cooperation, compassion and understanding between people, groups and nations. Those reading this should take the time in the latter months of 2008 to come up with a new series of plans to work in cooperation with others of like mind, and to begin to think ahead for the next decade of the 2010s. In this manner, one can prepare to effectively navigate the world transits just ahead.


Last edited by Theo; 10-25-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:13 AM
lunarpicean11 lunarpicean11 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

In a huge tent a famous revivalist conducts his meeting with a spectacular performance.18º Pisces

I just asked the Sabian Oracle if things would work out financially for my mother and I regarding a possibly risky investment she recently made on my behalf. The result was 18 pisces, same as the degree of the first Saturn/Uranus opposition. I was not sure what to make of it, gave up, and decided to read this post. Hmmm... I feel slightly better since I was concerned for us both, not only myself. However, "The Saturn/Uranus transit is not favorable for working with joint money..." and debt is involved. My immediate concerns should be resolved in September and October, so maybe there's still hope? In fact, Saturn and Uranus are currently in my 2nd and 8th houses, respectively. Does anyone have any insight on this? Maybe someone could do a horary chart on my question, since I don't know how.

18 Pisces: As for the Presidential election, my boyfriend believes that Bush will make an effort to continue his presidency by declaring marshall law. Yes, that would require some major "terror" attack first. If such a thing did take place, the Nov 4 elections would be reduced to a "spectacular performance." Also, it would be consistent with the struggle between old and new that the saturn/uranus opposition represents. "There is a very strong likihood of powerful fights betwween people in power positions and those saying that they've had enough time and must retire."

...Could Obama be the "famous revivalist"? just a thought.

Last edited by lunarpicean11; 08-22-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 08-22-2008, 11:27 AM
cassanra's Avatar
cassanra cassanra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,271
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Thank you for that response..I was wondering how that was gong to play out and I was focuisng more on Plutos changes in to a new sign. Since my moon is 22 degrees virgo ruler of fifth and in sixth I have been dreading the transtion for some time...at least I knnow I will not be alone. Excellent read and food for thought...
__________________
Cassandra
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 08-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassanra
Thank you for that response..I was wondering how that was gong to play out and I was focuisng more on Plutos changes in to a new sign. Since my moon is 22 degrees virgo ruler of fifth and in sixth I have been dreading the transtion for some time...at least I knnow I will not be alone. Excellent read and food for thought...

Transiting Saturn in Virgo will come close to conjoining your natal Virgo Moon at the end of December 2008 before turning retrograde Dec 31st at 21-Virgo. This gives you some time to do a few things before Saturn stations direct at 14-Virgo on May 16, 2009, and then makes it exact conjunction to your natal Moon starting 24 August 2009 and lasting through to June 2010 via its wide orb in transit to your natal Moon.

The concerns of the Virgo ruler of your Fifth & Sixth Houses would be transitions at work, and in play as well. You should prepare for a new career, but also cultivate cheerfulness throughout this year, and especially 2009 into 2010. Find a way to become happier, and express yourself in new ways, while avoiding anything to do with depression, feeling sad, and allowing others to get you down. This will neutralize the restrictiveness of Saturn's transit on your natal Virgo Moon, and mitigate the opposition from Uranus in Pisces.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 08-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarpicean11
In a huge tent a famous revivalist conducts his meeting with a spectacular performance.18º Pisces

I just asked the Sabian Oracle if things would work out financially for my mother and I regarding a possibly risky investment she recently made on my behalf. The result was 18 pisces, same as the degree of the first Saturn/Uranus opposition. I was not sure what to make of it, gave up, and decided to read this post. Hmmm... I feel slightly better since I was concerned for us both, not only myself. However, "The Saturn/Uranus transit is not favorable for working with joint money..." and debt is involved. My immediate concerns should be resolved in September and October, so maybe there's still hope? In fact, Saturn and Uranus are currently in my 2nd and 8th houses, respectively. Does anyone have any insight on this? Maybe someone could do a horary chart on my question, since I don't know how.

18 Pisces: As for the Presidential election, my boyfriend believes that Bush will make an effort to continue his presidency by declaring marshall law. Yes, that would require some major "terror" attack first. If such a thing did take place, the Nov 4 elections would be reduced to a "spectacular performance." Also, it would be consistent with the struggle between old and new that the saturn/uranus opposition represents. "There is a very strong likihood of powerful fights betwween people in power positions and those saying that they've had enough time and must retire."

...Could Obama be the "famous revivalist"? just a thought.
Much depends on your mother's transits as well. However, I am assuming here that Leo is rising in your natal from the positions you gave. With Virgo in the Second House of Finances, you should look into that "risky investment" and see how it can be moved to a more secure area considering Saturn's transit through that house.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 08-23-2008, 02:56 AM
cassanra's Avatar
cassanra cassanra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,271
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Thanks.....Got any pointers on both Uranus and Saturn squaring my sun (22 degrees leo) in the third (sun rules 6th) Right now Uranus is transiting my 12th house and saturn the 6th. Anyways...I enjoyed your information . Working as a counselor it is always interesting for me to see the wide scope of changes happening in the communiites at large...important stuff..
__________________
Cassandra
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 08-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassanra
Thanks.....Got any pointers on both Uranus and Saturn squaring my sun (22 degrees leo) in the third (sun rules 6th) Right now Uranus is transiting my 12th house and saturn the 6th. Anyways...I enjoyed your information . Working as a counselor it is always interesting for me to see the wide scope of changes happening in the communiites at large...important stuff..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Cassanra, it would be easier if you would post your horoscope, or provide birthdata to see the overall chart itself...

As for working as a counselor in these times, and the era upcominng: the Saturn-Uranus opposition is strong in the mutable signs of Virgo/Pisces. Many unresolved matters that have been smoldering in the lives of all of us in society will come to a head between Nov. 2008 through spring 2011 ~ leading to a new age, and what is really the start of the 21st century in many ways.

The changes in society will be very large ~ overwhelming sometimes because of all the work and renewal that needs to occur. This renewal will happen very unexpectedly (Uranus) and will confront the more established and older ways (Saturn) of doing things. This clash will expose many things in just the next 2.5 years with major events taking place.

The year 2010 is a major "transition Year." If you read your ephemeris, take a look at the entire year of 2010, and you will see major transits between the superior (outer) planets building, with retrogrades, and shifts with aspects, like that of large machine with many gears. We are in for a major series of very BIG reforms in a wide range of areas worldwide.

This leads to 2011 which is the first year after the transitional year of 2010, and where the second half of the May 2000 Jupiter-Saturn conjunction takes place via a Jupiter-Saturn opposition.

Big events, major events, are ahead for all of us, and many of these events are positive as long as people learn to evolve and look forward with clear goals and objectives while cultivating a serious, yet cheerful attitude as we enter a new decade.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 08-23-2008, 12:49 PM
cassanra's Avatar
cassanra cassanra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,271
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

This is my natal chart if you are curious...I still have not figured out much about natals...I tend to assume "okay thats me" and move on as I feel I am more complex than the descriptors the books can give me but I have definetly understood that transits do impact my life.
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_25gw_14_cass_2008822.6647.15248.gif (37.2 KB, 17 views)
__________________
Cassandra
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 08-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassanra
This is my natal chart if you are curious...I still have not figured out much about natals...I tend to assume "okay thats me" and move on as I feel I am more complex than the descriptors the books can give me but I have definetly understood that transits do impact my life.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Cassanra. Transits do impact your life. From the looks of your natal and especially your secondary progressions, you should consult with an astrologer this year. Reading astrological books can help you to learn and grow towards understanding transits. But much depends on the "books" you are reading and you will not gain a complex understanding from Sun-sign astro books on your own particular natal and progressed transits. However, in order to gain a fuller outlook, and guidance, I would consult a professional astrologer.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 08-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Alstroemeria's Avatar
Alstroemeria Alstroemeria is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 49
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Hi, Mister Theo! I enjoy reading your posts. C:

What do you think will be the effect of Pluto in Capricorn? Would it just reinforce the ol' themes of restructuring?

2010 seems like an exciting year. It is when expect to graduate and interestingly enough Saturn will be sitting very close to my IC opposite Uranus when they respectively approach Libra and Aries. I do hope that's not a transit of too much concern.
__________________
I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows you.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 08-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstroemeria
Hi, Mister Theo! I enjoy reading your posts. C:

What do you think will be the effect of Pluto in Capricorn? Would it just reinforce the ol' themes of restructuring?

2010 seems like an exciting year. It is when expect to graduate and interestingly enough Saturn will be sitting very close to my IC opposite Uranus when they respectively approach Libra and Aries. I do hope that's not a transit of too much concern.
Hi Alstroemeria! Pluto's ingress into tropical Capricorn at the end of November 2008 is a major deal generationally. It signals the coming end of the large influence of the Post WWII generation and opens a new era for the next. Restructuring is one theme, however, "transformation" is more like it in combination with the transits of the superior planets, especially Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus.

I see the next decade as one of conflict and resolutions ~ with powerful events forcing transformations of society. Again, the big theme is that the baby boomers are aging and must allow the new generation to enter into the offices of power and the opportunities of employment that have been denied to the younger generation. The boomers have waited too long to address their needs of aging (see the lack of geratric care worldwide) because of the denial of getting older.

Plans to graduate in 2010 will be exciting for you considering the global transits at the time. You've got a lot ahead of you and the 2010s will be very exciting, and interesting times.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 08-24-2008, 07:33 PM
cassanra's Avatar
cassanra cassanra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,271
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Thank you Theo...I hear ya...I have been a tad concerned with transits targeting sun (ruler of sixth)....if you have suggestions on books? or a professional astrologer I would apreciate it. Money is quite tight for me but I would like to explore these things. Books might be a good start for me.
__________________
Cassandra
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 08-24-2008, 11:03 PM
BobZemco's Avatar
BobZemco BobZemco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: On a web-site far, far away...
Posts: 2,137
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo
The boomers have waited too long to address their needs of aging (see the lack of geratric care worldwide) because of the denial of getting older.
That's an interesting observation. I suspect it is true because many boomers (those born up to about 1953) were born with Pluto in the 8th and Neptune in the 10th.

Since the 10th also represents Ego and Status, and since Neptune shows deception, I think we can clearly see the denial.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 08-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassanra
Thank you Theo...I hear ya...I have been a tad concerned with transits targeting sun (ruler of sixth)....if you have suggestions on books? or a professional astrologer I would apreciate it. Money is quite tight for me but I would like to explore these things. Books might be a good start for me.

Send me an email, and I will look at your transits. Books are a good start; however, it takes time, and when I have it, I can send you a list that will help.

Re/ finances: these are tough times for a lot of people because of all the corruption and high speculation in the world financial markets over the years. There's been a lot of theft, and ponzi schemes that have (and are) ruining many businesses and causing chaos in personal finances. However, with astrological forecasting, one can navigate through these times. I specialize in economic forecasting as well, and often advice people to get astrological reports which are more than just readings, but practical guidance in making one's way through these times.

A key for you is your Mercury in Cancer in your natal Fourth House. This controls 50% of your chart's transits and will receive a strong trine when transiting Jupiter enters Pisces in early 2010. You should consider a business that is based on the home, and all things domestic that is connected to it.

The opposition from your natal Mercury to your natal Saturn would induce worry, anxiety, and some unwillingness to accept the ideas of others. It would also lead to delays in communications, slowed or diverted mail, shipments and such that can slow business acitivity. There would also be a lack of being inspired, making you feel as though you are in a rut.

to combat this ~ cultivate cheerfullness, and get energized! Start to see money in your hands mentally, and change some things in your domestic sphere that activates a new, and heartfelt attitude that lasts much longer than a day, a week, or a month. Really make some changes.

With transiting Saturn so close to your natal Virgo Moon in the Sixth House, you will see a slowdown in basic work-related activities, and feel the drier, more restrictive influences of Saturn on your Virgo Moon.

Now this will continue through 2009 and 2010, so you will want to modulate that using your natal Jupiter at 24-Scorpio, which sextiles at 60-degrees, your natal Virgo Moon ~ this is very helpful in the stimulation of new ideas, and for being more optimistic. It takes the pressure of Saturn's transit through your Sixth House off, and eases things when you start looking at business activities that have to do with the domestic sphere. This is a good aspect for you as it gives you the ability to open more business dealings via social activities, especially with women.

Moreover, your natal Mercury in Cancer trines your natal Neptune in Scorpio, this water trine helps your imagination and ability to figure out and to resolve work-related issues and problems and is excellent for communications with foreigners. Be aware that you can easily navigate through these times by looking for news of business changes, and activites related to hospitals, institutions, and retreats. You may find a job in these areas if you look.

Last edited by Theo; 08-25-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 08-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesso
I am feeling a little too fearful i think towards how this tsquare will hit me next year...
My saturn return is next october, and pluto will be stationing direct on my merc at that time too
I wish i knew better how to see what this might possibly bring for me
It seems like a relational issue, maybe even divorce (I am married) because my saturn is in my 7th
Hi Gesso, I do have some guidance. Send me a message for the more personal aspects I'd rather not discuss on a public forum...

However, during a Saturn Return, your first, promote a more cheerful attitude. Your Capricorn Sun is doing a lot to stablise the Saturn transit, as well as your natal Jupiter placement in Virgo. Your Venus' position in Aquarius is causing some thoughts of another kind of lifestyle to occur. Some of these thoughts are showing up in your enivornment via what you see (TV) so be careful about the kind of thoughts you have when viewing television, as that Venus is in wide air trine to your natal Pluto.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 08-27-2008, 12:39 AM
cassanra's Avatar
cassanra cassanra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,271
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Thank you so much, Theo....I would not have ever seen that. I did not realize that the number of aspects a planet makes creates a focus for it but it makes sense. As you aware I have had recent opportunities come open in a hospital setting (over night) but the home business gives me food for thought. It would not have crossed my mind. There are some opportunites through teaching at the university via the internet that might play to the jupiter aspects. I never realized a natal chart coould tell so much. I liked the psychological aspects. I have sometimes used feng shui ie the turtle near the back door to keep money from flowing out. But imagery is an excellent idea. Cassandra
__________________
Cassandra
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 08-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassanra
Thank you so much, Theo....I would not have ever seen that. I did not realize that the number of aspects a planet makes creates a focus for it but it makes sense. As you aware I have had recent opportunities come open in a hospital setting (over night) but the home business gives me food for thought. It would not have crossed my mind. There are some opportunites through teaching at the university via the internet that might play to the jupiter aspects. I never realized a natal chart coould tell so much. I liked the psychological aspects. I have sometimes used feng shui ie the turtle near the back door to keep money from flowing out. But imagery is an excellent idea. Cassandra

You're welcome. These are challenging times, however, they also call for imagination, and the ability to navigate through the yo-yos out there. Remember that your transits creates focus in the areas of your own natal & progressed positions, but that you can use your free will and imaging to call into your life the things you desire. Avoid negative people, those blind to transits. In classical astrology, people who were ignorant of astrological transits, the seasons and times to do things, were shown as blindfolded smiling people, running around chasing rabbits. There are many, many tens of millions (even more) of the same people doing so today. This is why the world is so ******* up.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 08-28-2008, 10:20 AM
QuaOs's Avatar
QuaOs QuaOs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Thailand
Posts: 100
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Hello,

Interesting thread. I'd have to come back to finish reading this soon.

It has been a while I haven't posted in this forum, since things have been quite busy lately. Now there are massive political civil uprising here in Thailand, and in the capital city right where I live
__________________
TO ASH I BE BURNT. FROM ASH I BE RISEN.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 08-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaOs
Hello,

Interesting thread. I'd have to come back to finish reading this soon.

It has been a while I haven't posted in this forum, since things have been quite busy lately. Now there are massive political civil uprising here in Thailand, and in the capital city right where I live
Part and parcel of the Saturn-Uranus opposition already building worldwide. Take care over there QuaOs.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 08-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Nexus7's Avatar
Nexus7 Nexus7 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Budapest, Hungary.
Posts: 984
Send a message via MSN to Nexus7
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Interesting thread.

I was most interested to read about Tarnas's treatment of outer-planet transits. I know Ruperti was something of a pioneer in that area, but the fact that he was so steeped in so much esotericism put me off reading his book in depth.

Tarnas was particularly perceptive on the Saturn-Pluto transit I thought and as there is a t-square coming up, I would expect things to get a lot more oppressive of human rights and freedom of self-expression, whilst at the same time there will be a lot more of a rebellious desire to overthrow these visible forms of oppression. As the States will have a new President, with hopes raised for a Bright and Brave New World, then public opinion, affiliations could become a whole lot more polarised. People being scapegoated or marginalised could well start to object to being victimised in fairly pro-active ways, for example. Recently, I read that two Gypsy children drowned on a beach in Southen Europe and nobody lifted a finger to help, but just continued to sunbathe and make merry whilst the two small corpses remained in view on the beach untile the morticians came to take the bodies away.

I think there will be a lot more paranoia arouind, as public opinion gets to be more polarised.

What concerns me is that if there is a lot of economic adversity, then the Far Right in a lot of countries could get even more of a following - I can see this where I am, in Hungary, for example, when recently I got caught up in a demonstration against a Gay Pride march. Far Rightists were attacking the police for protecting those taking part in the march.

What I hope is that there will be more questioning of the way so many people unquestioningly play into the system of mind-numbing work that gets most people nowhere (I have heard that there is an excellent book by one Shipley that really lays the lie to the idea that Hard Work pays off - but as there are more foreclosures worldwide, I wonder how many more people will be those texts that so fondly claim that all you have to do is Think Rich and I will be all right Jack and never mind the rest of all those scummy people who are without either decent home of paid employment. Until maybe it happens to them).


There could in general lead to a certain amoint of political instability in one or two parts of the world.

The last time there was a similar configuration was....erm, at about the time of the Wall St Crash.

I don't know what will happen to me in the meantime, Pluto will certainly transit natal Saturn again, squaring the MC Aand I hope it won't just be a question of boasting in the queue for Hare Krishna soup that Of Course I Could See all this Coming.

Last edited by Nexus7; 08-30-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 08-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Nexus7's Avatar
Nexus7 Nexus7 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Budapest, Hungary.
Posts: 984
Send a message via MSN to Nexus7
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

And yes, maybe that is always the how of astrology, that we can avoid being headless chickens in the face of tough transits. I just think we need to avoid taking a complacent attiude towards the fact that for many people, these transits may well spell what has been called, maybe euphemistically, Interesting Times.

Last edited by Nexus7; 09-11-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 08-30-2008, 06:22 AM
cara4art cara4art is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: northern New Mexico
Posts: 105
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

I'm in the early baby boomer generation mentioned in Theo's original post, and have the distinction of along with the general tr. Saturn-Uranus opposition, having tr. Pluto opposing my natal Sun in 4th, and tr. Neptune in 12th squaring my natal Mars at the end of my 2nd. About the getting older, I saw a great quote the other day about the fact that it's not so much that one is old, but HOW one is old. There are 40-year-olds with one foot in the grave mentally, and 90-year-olds who are sharp as a tack and still inquisitive about life, which means more than superficial appearances. Beauty is nice, but that changes - LOL!
To fill in with a short bio, I have been an artist lifelong, working in different media in design earlier on, and getting into painting in the mid-80's. Along the way, I have been a truth-seeker, and my personal orientation is more of an inner one being highly-sensitive and private by nature. I have not sought fame and fortune in my life, and have had times of some public exposure with my art. But what seems to be most important to me is my peace of mind, simplicity of life(even in the midst of a vibrant city, San Francisco in this case). I keep my possessions simple and light, not caring to accumulate very much, and this is something I have refined over the years as well - I just feel better this way. Also, I have few really close friends, by choice, as I tend to be introverted and need a lot of "down time" alone to re-group. It's like being physically light and not encumbered by extra weight. Coincidentally(or not!), I am small and pretty light! My husband and I live a quiet life in the midst of all this. On the health and fitness front, I am not in the camp of baby boomers who sought the scary plastic surgery and impossible beauty standards, but more of a natural approach featuring heavy use of diet, fitness activities appropriate to my body, alternative medicine, energy healing and spiritual explorations, etc. I have largely shunned mainstream medicine unless absolutely necessary(not often), and my health is very good, as is my husband's. Am currently involved in a transition to a largely raw vegetarian diet which seems to agree as I've been heading in this direction slowly over many years anyway, a natural transition. During a three year period(2003-2006) I was involved in intensive shamanic energy work for myself under a gifted practitioner of the art, which opened up whole new awarenesses and releases for me too, and that reverberates to this day. The first pass of this tr. Saturn-Uranus opposition is within orb of squaring my MC-IC axis, so I am wondering if this indicates shifts and changes in my work, which is also heading in more of a visionary orientation. I work in both traditional(painting)media, and new(digital)media for my artwork - as I find both are valuable ways of working depending on what I'm doing. For the curious here, here's my data if anyone cares to comment:
6/21/1947 11:51PM Providence, RI USA
Thanks for listening to my longish post here!
__________________
health-conscious visionary artist in transition
www.rshuff.com
www.myspace.com/cara_lee
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 08-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara4art
I'm in the early baby boomer generation mentioned in Theo's original post, and have the distinction of along with the general tr. Saturn-Uranus opposition, having tr. Pluto opposing my natal Sun in 4th, and tr. Neptune in 12th squaring my natal Mars at the end of my 2nd. About the getting older, I saw a great quote the other day about the fact that it's not so much that one is old, but HOW one is old. There are 40-year-olds with one foot in the grave mentally, and 90-year-olds who are sharp as a tack and still inquisitive about life, which means more than superficial appearances. Beauty is nice, but that changes - LOL!
To fill in with a short bio, I have been an artist lifelong, working in different media in design earlier on, and getting into painting in the mid-80's. Along the way, I have been a truth-seeker, and my personal orientation is more of an inner one being highly-sensitive and private by nature. I have not sought fame and fortune in my life, and have had times of some public exposure with my art. But what seems to be most important to me is my peace of mind, simplicity of life(even in the midst of a vibrant city, San Francisco in this case). I keep my possessions simple and light, not caring to accumulate very much, and this is something I have refined over the years as well - I just feel better this way. Also, I have few really close friends, by choice, as I tend to be introverted and need a lot of "down time" alone to re-group. It's like being physically light and not encumbered by extra weight. Coincidentally(or not!), I am small and pretty light! My husband and I live a quiet life in the midst of all this. On the health and fitness front, I am not in the camp of baby boomers who sought the scary plastic surgery and impossible beauty standards, but more of a natural approach featuring heavy use of diet, fitness activities appropriate to my body, alternative medicine, energy healing and spiritual explorations, etc. I have largely shunned mainstream medicine unless absolutely necessary(not often), and my health is very good, as is my husband's. Am currently involved in a transition to a largely raw vegetarian diet which seems to agree as I've been heading in this direction slowly over many years anyway, a natural transition. During a three year period(2003-2006) I was involved in intensive shamanic energy work for myself under a gifted practitioner of the art, which opened up whole new awarenesses and releases for me too, and that reverberates to this day. The first pass of this tr. Saturn-Uranus opposition is within orb of squaring my MC-IC axis, so I am wondering if this indicates shifts and changes in my work, which is also heading in more of a visionary orientation. I work in both traditional(painting)media, and new(digital)media for my artwork - as I find both are valuable ways of working depending on what I'm doing. For the curious here, here's my data if anyone cares to comment:
6/21/1947 11:51PM Providence, RI USA
Thanks for listening to my longish post here!
That's good to hear Cara4art, because most of the post-WWII generation, also known as the Baby Boomers, don't seem to have planned for retirement because of the false mentality of never physically aging, and the boomers are.

However, the current chaos throughout the public, and private sector is directly attributed to this generation, because for 29 years, they've been the generation which has had the most influence on society and economic based solely on their population numbers throughout the world. Now all that is coming to an end when it comes to leadership, as Generation X, the children born in the 1960s and early 1970s comes into power.

I believe the Boomer generation still has much to add to society, but not in leadership or group roles throughout public and private service. They have had their time, and it is sad to see younger people suffering for the lack of "experience" based on the pure numbers of Boomers who refuse to acknowledge that it is time to retire.

This is a serious probblem, considering the unemployment issue worldwide, as boomers maintain a hold on many jobs and occupations that should have been passed along to the younger generation. Now we face a huge skills shortage, and on top of that, the Boomer denial about aging has also led to a massive shortage of geriactric care.

See ~ http://www.healthbeatblog.org/2008/0...riatricia.html

I will have more in a seperate post on this on the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 09-11-2008, 01:36 AM
Theo's Avatar
Theo Theo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Theo
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus7
And yes, maybe that is always the how of astrology, that we can avoid being headless chicken in the face of tough transits. I just think we need to avoid taking a complacent attiude towards the fact that for many people, these transits may well spell what has been called, maybe euphemistically, Interesting Times.
Yes, very interesting times. These outer transits serve to wake many peopel up and exposes the hidden mysteries that all of humanity must face in order to evolve.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 09-11-2008, 03:38 AM
Awakened_Pisces Awakened_Pisces is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 846
Re: The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

I was born on March 6 of 1992. And I must say whilst it'll be the Generation of the 60's and 70's. Don't overlook the 21st century kids. We're turning into Young Adults and responding like mad.

In my case. The faiths had pressed a hard chart onto me. A Chart of happiness, followed by sadness and more happiness. This Chart gave me the Spirit and Kindness of a Pisces. And the Authority and the stingness of a Scorpio. And the stubborness of the Aquarius. And through it all. I transformed into someone with experience. True experience mind you. I saw things that perhaps I shouldn't have saw. Things such as rape(I was raped by a guy barely. He didn't get hard or anything and I got away in about 5 minutes but god please spare me for that). Gay Expiramentation when I was young.(I didn't know any better). And the reality that my life was being predetermined. Through all of this. I learned and grew.

That's why I fit in so well with Obama's story for example. I know full well what the man means when he's not perfect. People like myself that's articulate are expected to be perfect. But it's not easy. Because I know of the expectation, when I fail I feel like I failed not just myself but others.

When Obama speaks of his Marjuana days, I know how that feels too. Even though I've never smoked(except a puff by accident when I was young). or drank(I drank an old man's beer once again by accident). It's more of a feeling of being let down or being down period. And at that point you want to give up. Those feelings, those challenges are meant not to put you down though but to stand up and rise higher. I have Leo as my ascendent even through these next 2 Solar Returns in a span of 12 years. I've been invited to attend an Ambassadors trip this weekend and I'm planning on going to Asia in 2010. Because I preserved, I made a better living for myself. I take nothing for granted but at the same time, I feel like I can reach for the skies. Because after all, the skies are meant to be reached.
__________________

Everything is decided within our own hands. When we come together as one, then it can be said we are truly humane
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2010s, opening, opposition, saturnuranus

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*UPDATED: COMET TRANSITS NEAR VENUS EARLY MARCH Theo Mundane Astrology 12 04-16-2010 11:55 PM
All about Uranus Julie Natal Astrology 9 06-07-2008 04:46 AM
Free Romantic Readings. Eatsbooks123 Relational Astrology 104 01-18-2008 12:59 PM
Mental Trauma and Uranus Shining Ray Natal Astrology 19 12-14-2007 01:16 AM
Saturn - Neptune opposition: second hit. blumen Mundane Astrology 5 03-18-2007 10:42 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.