saturn square venus = doom in love?

Could someone please tell me that relationships with Venus squaring Saturn never work out and are not worth the price, and also prove this with statistics?

-----

The best Saturn effect on relationships that I have discovered is if it is on the Composite Ascendant. Then it holds the relationship like glue, despite anything else happening in the relationship.

this is the problem without seeing all the chart and 'other aspect's' it's pointless just discussing one interchart aspect. obviously if there are 'easy aspects'between the two then no problem. Even natally whenever I have t Saturn make a hard aspect to my natal venus in taurus, a relationship breaks, venus is well aspected, BUT I have uranus 7th square to luminaries, so won't hang around....

When I relationship becomes sooooo much hard work, and this happened with my last husband, he wouldn't make the effort and persevere, whereas I would have done anything. The old adage, you can only take a horse to water and it takes two to tango, that's great if you 'both' have the ethic, but no good if only one has....:pouty:

kenosh, very nice delination

LAwoman

I need some help understanding venus square saturn. I have it natally and in synastry with my relationship that never got off the ground properly:(:(. I have saturn in Sag. in 8th house he has venus in virgo. I also have venus in virgo so or venuses are also conjunct. I thought saturn (me) would be the one resisting the relationship but it was him...plus his saturn in cancer is also in the eighth house. what to make of it? if you have any theories ı would be glad to listen...wasnt saturn supposed to be the one resisting...so why is he??

junoisuppose

It is one of the most difficult aspects for sure.......but sometimes it just shows that the relationship wll be practical and realistic or for ulterior motives such as status and sometimes there is an age gap......it is not a romantic placement for sure. One person often feels unlovable and inferior and is not social which is to the detriment of the relationship. The signs they are in and where will give a fuller picture. Sometimes there are financial hardships. It has a karmic component and sometimes an old love has not been dealt with and the timing is wrong. i.e. still married.

I read something like this somewhere, I think it might have been cafe astrology. Anyway, I had this aspect in a composite chart and it was true.

I tried to form a relationship with someone much younger and much richer than me, on his part he was also using me for an ulterior motive. Both of us felt inferior and unworthy and both of us had ulterior motives. Both of us were resistant to affection from the other and it didn't go anywhere. I just ended up feeling very old and unlovable.

In general synastry I would say that it means that one person acting in a venusian way triggers the other to act in a saturnian way. My venus is opposite my father's saturn and it is true that when I am friendly and affectionate he responds by telling to do some chore. I suppose it might be useful in some situations where a person needed the saturnian guidance, for example from a mentor at work, it just wouldn't be that much fun.

Natally people who have this aspect are not doomed. I know 2 people with this aspect and they have formed relationships, but they are reserved socially, which is not a bad thing in itself, they are more genuine and loyal to those people they do form relationships with.

junoisuppose

I need some help understanding venus square saturn. I have it natally and in synastry with my relationship that never got off the ground properly:(:(. I have saturn in Sag. in 8th house he has venus in virgo. I also have venus in virgo so or venuses are also conjunct. I thought saturn (me) would be the one resisting the relationship but it was him...plus his saturn in cancer is also in the eighth house. what to make of it? if you have any theories ı would be glad to listen...wasnt saturn supposed to be the one resisting...so why is he??

There may have been other reasons why the relationship didn't work out.

Based on this aspect alone the other person may have felt criticised, put down and not good enough for your saturn's standards.

Kenoshamaensa

I found this interesting as I also have a relationship/non-relationship with a fellow who also has an 8th house Cancer Saturn. That Saturn is square my sun. We also have a (very loose) Saturn-Venus square ... his Venus, my Saturn -- depending on how wide one wants to allow orbs. I tend to keep them tight, so the Saturn-Venus square is out of orb, but I think it has *some* resonance, perhaps largely because of the Saturn-Sun square. Now, I had both a Venus-Saturn square AND a Venus-Neptune square in my previous marriage (as well as a Mars conjunction). The Venus-Neptune square and Mars conjunction got us together, and the Venus-Saturn kept us together for 23 years ... but it also (I think) KILLED the marriage, combiend with the Venus-Neptune square that led to deception.

Saturn in hard aspect simply *sits* on the other planet and makes it feel stifled. It can also feel steadying ... rooted. Much depends (I think) on the maturity of the partners. Despite the fact I am the elder of the two of us, I often feel "not good enough" for him ... which is a Saturn effect. Saturn "critiques." All of this despite a lot of really good aspects in our charts. But those good aspects are not directly romantic, such as Moons conjunct, a double Sun-Venus sextile and Mercuries sextile. We do have a Mars-Venus trine, but trines don't create friction or "spark." It's the sort of chart that might, someday, turn into a friends-to-lovers situation, but doesn't generate immediate heat. The only aspect that does is a Sun-Pluto conjunction. There is also a Mars-Mars square, but that can just wind up confrontation, not sexual heat. We don't, actually, quarrel much (due to a lot of the other really good aspects), but occasionally we do fall into "cross-purposes."

I don't know if that helps much, but I offer it up. There are usually a LOT of aspects in a chart that combine, although I do think sometimes you can get one or two aspects that can block a relationship from working, or undermine it long-term. One also needs to look at the composite. Sometimes the composite chart tells a story the synastry chart won't.

scorpittarian

I & my ex had the square in the composite & well, it holds the record of the longest relationship I've ever been in. I never felt criticized or anything. On the contrary, he was always full of complements so that my Venus felt flattered. :love: It was pretty much stifling from the very start though & I think that's because he has 4 planets in Scorpio conjunct Pluto & I've too much of Uranus natally. Wouldn't blame the composite for that.

But when it comes to him, I don't really know if it was he who had self esteem issues or if it was I who failed at communication or it was the square at work making me look like Miss Saturn. I was definitely never critical of him. I was often misinterpreted & would've to explain things. He gave the impression that he felt 'not good enough' but then he would say that I pampered him a lot which made him feel good. Both of us have a strong Saturn in our charts. My ascendant's in Capricorn & the chart ruler, Saturn, is intercepted in the 1st. It's a singleton(only air). He has a natal sun/saturn conjunction & his moon's in cappie.

My dad's Saturn conjuncts my mom's Venus in Capricorn & they've been together since the age of 19. My mom admits that when they were young, there were times when she would feel undeserving of him because he was extremely critical. He did things that would make her feel unloved & inferior. Basically, if I go by the description she's given me, I can safely conclude that I would've dumped a man like that within one month of dating. However, as a daughter I can clearly see that they love each other a lot. My dad speaks only good about her( behind her back).

I wouldn't equate Saturn square Venus with doom. I choose to believe that astrologers who have made these fatalistic predictions have sagittarian mercury or a jupiter/merc aspect..:tongue:...no wonder they exaggerate so much! I've been in relationships with mutual sun/moon, venus/sun, venus/mars & venus/moon aspects. Lovey-dovey die for aspects. They failed. I've also been in other relationships with mars/pluto, mars/saturn, venus/saturn, venus/uranus & moon/uranus aspects. The typical die with aspects. They too failed!

*No offense to anyone with a merc/jupe or saggie merc. My own mercury's in saggie so...*

LAwoman

wow Kay thanks so much for sharing. so weird what you said about saturn not feeling worthy of the venus!! totally true.:) but he did make me feel that way by his lack of committment and not saying the L word. also we also have the venus square Neptune (I am the Venus!) but he also has it natally and remember our venuses are conjucnt...so I wonder if it could cancel out?? we also have cancer suns conjunct and so his saturn is conjunct mine too.
What you said about your previous marriage and venus square neptune getting you together...omigod I would've thought it would have been a separative aspect..how the heck did you guys last that long with the 'illusion'? and if you dont mind my asking ..did he deceive you? and what were your composite Venus/saturn and Venus/Neptune aspects?You're right about the importance of the composite! (but we have a venus Saturn sextile in that). was your composite strong with either?
p.S do you think the Venus person undermines the Saturn and that's why we felt 'unworthy' or was it the other way round..the chicken from the egg or the egg from the chicken?:D
Thanks alot

LAwoman

wow Kay thanks so much for sharing. so weird what you said about saturn not feeling worthy of the venus!! totally true.:)but he did make me feel that way by his lack of committment and not saying the L word. also we also have the venus square Neptune (I am the Venus!) but he also has it natally and remember our venuses are conjucnt...so I wonder if it could cancel out?? we also have cancer suns conjunct and so his saturn is conjunct mine too.
What you said about your previous marriage and venus square neptune getting you together...omigod I would've thought it would have been a separative aspect..how the heck did you guys last that long with the 'illusion'? and if you dont mind my asking ..did he deceive you? and what were your composite Venus/saturn and Venus/Neptune aspects?You're right about the importance of the composite! (but we have a venus Saturn sextile in that). was your composite strong with either?
p.S do you think the Venus person undermines the Saturn and that's why we felt 'unworthy' or was it the other way round..the chicken from the egg or the egg from the chicken?:D
Thanks alot
progress.gif

LAwoman

ı would also like to ask when saturn is square a partner's venus but is also conjunct his north node (not by sign though) would that doubly be stifling to venus? p.s I am saturn...but ı feel stifled he just wants to run:)maybe because his saturn is conjucnt my sun??