Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 02-26-2019, 08:03 PM
Banned

Re: When did you first feel the effect of your MC, consciously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
I believe my MC has always been with me since forever. But I only learned to master its energy very recently, when transit Pluto touched it. I read a blog that said the MC is activated when one enters high school. I disagree. My MC is in Cap, and according to the same blog I should have already had an idea what to do with my life in high school. But at that time I was still drifting aimlessly while my classmates seemed to have their **** together. I only truly knew what I want to do with my life and how to get there after my Pluto transit.

I also have Neptune conjunct MC.

Feel free to share your MC story.
I too have my MC in cap, and it was the exact same for me, in high school I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life after high school, although I did know that I wanted to go to college by my junior year, but it wasn't until the summer of 2018 that I knew what I wanted to actually do in college.

MC in cap is in it's natural sign after all. Capricorn is all about slow and steady progress, working your way up to the top. It really is the best sign to have MC in, as it guarantees high success, (though of course only after a long, long journey of hard work and struggles).

As for your neptune conjuncting your MC, well how well aspected your neptune is and what sign and house it's in will tell you how well it will work with your MC in the end.

Unread 02-26-2019, 08:07 PM

It may help to know that in traditional astrology - you're wrong. All things being equal (important caveat), Mercury in the cardinal signs gives intellect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLioness87 View Post
When I did read somewhere that Mercury in Cancer is not a very good placement for intelectual purposes, and after realizing my thinking is far from being subjective I started to think that maybe my Gemini MC (the one and only air placement besides Chiron in my Chart) was playing its role.

My interests are very dispersed and I usually get bored when working in the same subject for hours. I work better when I can switch between different and varied activities. My ASC is in Virgo so there are also days or weeks when I can work diligently on the same subject, but most of the time I need to take breaks to read about things (not related to what I'm trying to accomplish) that catch my attention. I don't have other Gemini placements so I guess I can blame my MC for that.

P.S.: My Mercury in Cancer is in 11H and is my most elevated planet, though I consider my Chiron in Gemini conjunct my MC to have more weight than Mercury.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
BlackLioness87 (02-28-2019), JUPITERASC (02-26-2019), SunConjunctUranus (02-27-2019)
Unread 02-26-2019, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
It may help to know that in traditional astrology - you're wrong. All things being equal (important caveat), Mercury in the cardinal signs gives intellect.
Yeah well traditional astrology is retarded, it makes the least sense out of all branches of astrology.
Unread 02-26-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolving717223 View Post
Yeah well traditional astrology is retarded, it makes the least sense out of all branches of astrology.
Care to give me any reasoning on that?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
GemwDepth (02-27-2019), JUPITERASC (02-26-2019), SunConjunctUranus (02-27-2019)
Unread 02-26-2019, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
It equates things that shouldn't be equated, which messes with the balance of energies and the balance of the entire zodiac, it also messes with the balance by not including some signs of the zodiac at all lol.
Unread 02-27-2019, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Hey Odds, I don't know if you are still here. I am interested in looking into the "cardinal Mercury" concept within traditional astrology. Care to share where I may get some reading or research?

I've actually noticed over the month and years, Mercury in Cancer especially is advantageous for occult matters, anything that requires intangible perceiving and spidery senses (but not quite the type of Scorpio). By that deduction, then Capricorn, Aries, and Libra should also be advantageous in its respective domains.
Unread 02-27-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:

It may help to know that in traditional astrology - you're wrong.
All things being equal (important caveat),
Mercury in the cardinal signs gives intellect.
Quote:

Yeah well traditional astrology is retarded,

it makes the least sense out of all branches of astrology.
Quote:

Quote:

It equates things that shouldn't be equated,
Useful if you would provide an example of "things that shouldn't be equated"
Quote:

which messes with the balance of energies
and the balance of the entire zodiac
explain how
Quote:

it also messes with the balance
by not including some signs of the zodiac at all lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
SunConjunctUranus (02-27-2019)
Unread 02-27-2019, 04:41 PM

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the zodiac contains 12 signs of equal span?

The zodiac is a construct rooted in man's mind. It reflects but does not faithfully duplicate the reality of the sky.

Astrology itself is a mental construct. Mars does not make me angry. My self-important ego makes me angry. Astrology is a system of thought.

I am pretty sure...the signs took on their 30-degree span because 360÷12=30; very convenient to a system of thought...regularity. Mathematically easy to manipulate.

I wonder why the Ophiucus fanatics don't insist that a circle contain 365 degrees. Rather inconsistent. If "reality" demands unequal signs and a place for Ophiucus it also calls for a 365 degree circle.
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
BlackLioness87 (03-03-2019)
Unread 02-27-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Has it ever occurred to anyone that the zodiac contains 12 signs of equal span?

The zodiac is a construct rooted in man's mind. It reflects but does not faithfully duplicate the reality of the sky.

Astrology itself is a mental construct. Mars does not make me angry. My self-important ego makes me angry. Astrology is a system of thought.

I am pretty sure
...the signs took on their 30-degree span

because 360÷12=30
very convenient to a system of thought
...regularity.

Mathematically easy to manipulate.

I wonder why the Ophiucus fanatics don't insist that a circle contain 365 degrees. Rather inconsistent. If "reality" demands unequal signs and a place for Ophiucus it also calls for a 365 degree circle.
The Mesopotamians passed their base-60 numerical system to the ancient Egyptians
who used it to divide a circle into 360 degrees

The Egyptians, who invented the degree symbol
also came up with the first calendar based on a 360-day year
which is only off by 5.25 days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 02-27-2019, 07:24 PM

I have an MC around 29 degrees Leo if i remember

I'm still exploring and have no concrete ideas on what i want to do, but i know what kind of qualities i like in activities based on books and courses i've used to explore this question

I wonder if this is also the case with any MC Leo's, i find it interesting that OP and another poster, both having Cap MC, have discovered this in a similar manner
Unread 03-03-2019, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP11 View Post
I have an MC around 29 degrees Leo if i remember

I'm still exploring and have no concrete ideas on what i want to do, but i know what kind of qualities i like in activities based on books and courses i've used to explore this question

I wonder if this is also the case with any MC Leo's, i find it interesting that OP and another poster, both having Cap MC, have discovered this in a similar manner
I have always been wondering if Cap MC are the best people to identify their dream job. Leo in my opinion wants to be creative and shine, which will lead them toward jobs related to art or performing. Do you feel the need to show off something to the public?
Unread 03-05-2019, 04:46 AM

I think that for someone like me, who has a planet conjunct her Mid-heaven, it can be a bit complicated to talk about the effects of said MC, because it's probably greatly coloured by the aforementioned planet. But I will try, anyway.

The planet that conjuncts my MC is Neptune, which is also my chart ruler. The aspect is an extremely tight one---less than half a degree. My MC is at Sagitarius. I feel that my Neptune works to make me a very unconventional worker, in the sense that money is never the primary motivation for me when it comes to choosing my calling. Note that this does not mean making money is not important to me--it is, and I often go to great lengths to pursue money in terms of jobs and gigs that I come across. But what my Neptune does to me is that in order to be truly satisfied on a soul level, my vocation must be along spiritual lines. It must not be "mundane". I don't know if I can explain this better, but basically I think I need to kind of like, be the next Schweitzer or Ghandi. Maybe not as great as they were but definitely some kind of spiritual advisor. I had tried to make profit a focus before and it never worked out. I was just miserable plus I sucked at it. Didn't matter how hard I tried, it just wasn't working. So now, I have learned to make peace with the fact I will probably never be rich. I think I need to "stay true" and just find myself a career path that can better nourish my spiritual side.
The Following User Says Thank You to wan For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (04-06-2019)
Unread 04-03-2019, 07:30 PM

I was barely 3 years old.
Unread 04-06-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary2 View Post
I was barely 3 years old.
Care to elaborate?

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 04-06-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
I think that for someone like me, who has a planet conjunct her Mid-heaven, it can be a bit complicated to talk about the effects of said MC, because it's probably greatly coloured by the aforementioned planet. But I will try, anyway.

The planet that conjuncts my MC is Neptune, which is also my chart ruler. The aspect is an extremely tight one---less than half a degree. My MC is at Sagitarius. I feel that my Neptune works to make me a very unconventional worker, in the sense that money is never the primary motivation for me when it comes to choosing my calling. Note that this does not mean making money is not important to me--it is, and I often go to great lengths to pursue money in terms of jobs and gigs that I come across. But what my Neptune does to me is that in order to be truly satisfied on a soul level, my vocation must be along spiritual lines. It must not be "mundane". I don't know if I can explain this better, but basically I think I need to kind of like, be the next Schweitzer or Ghandi. Maybe not as great as they were but definitely some kind of spiritual advisor. I had tried to make profit a focus before and it never worked out. I was just miserable plus I sucked at it. Didn't matter how hard I tried, it just wasn't working. So now, I have learned to make peace with the fact I will probably never be rich. I think I need to "stay true" and just find myself a career path that can better nourish my spiritual side.
Do you think the wandering tendency is also Sag's doing? Sag isn't the best-known sign for pragmatism. It only cares for having fun exploring things. I'm thinking this is also what's happening with you. When you mention Schweitzer and Ghandi it sounds very Sag-like.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 04-06-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Do you think the wandering tendency is also Sag's doing? Sag isn't the best-known sign for pragmatism. It only cares for having fun exploring things. I'm thinking this is also what's happening with you.
I think you are onto something. Yes, when I take a hard look at my career, I do have a "wandering" quality to it. You put it very well. I have been known to be very flighty when it comes to career matters. Definitely Sag-like

Quote:
When you mention Schweitzer and Ghandi it sounds very Sag-like.
I take this as a compliment. Thank you.

Last edited by wan; 04-06-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Unread 04-08-2019, 03:38 AM

I don't know if "consciously feeling" your MC is exactly it. It's not like life comes with background music and spotlights for the "big finale" to happen. Personally, it's in the quiet moments of reflection that I can see the trends and patterns of the MC working in my life, and I am not one of those persons who is ultimately motivated by career achievement - all work that I engage in is a means to an end, deeper motives that I don't publicize although other parts of my chart would give you an idea. You wouldn't be getting any details from me, though.

I'd say there are a lot of influences on my MC which makes it difficult for one to sum up my experiences. It's located in Libra and if you were to make a prognostication just on that information, I most assuredly would not relate to such a prediction. Apart from the sign placement, it's sextile the Sun, square Venus and Mars, Chiron conjuncts it and the north node is located in the 10th. The MC ruler is Venus in Capricorn located in the 1st, conjuncts Mars, widely sextiles the Moon and is also located at both the Sun/Uranus and Mercury/Neptune midpoint (both particle). Because Mars is so integral to Venus in my chart I would mention its conjunction, but I think I've shared enough at this point. Also of note is that the Mercury/Uranus midpoint is square the MC by a degree.

With MC as "praxis", starting from the age of 15 I've worked in many diverse fields, most were for short term bouts and pursued in the name of "experience™", which I've certainly gained from each instance. Some of these included agriculture, media, and teaching. I've also been in more unorthodox jobs which I think are actually more in line with other parts ofy chart, and of course I may one day pursue astrology professionally which I think is certainly possible with my placements.

With MC as "honours", I'd say that most of my honours came more from Mars related ventures, and I have the Mars/Jupiter conjunction which I think has relevance to my "winning of competitions". However, I did have some success between the ages of 4-6 in performance art which I'd say falls more traditionally on the Venusian side of things.

With MC as reputation, I have heard many different things said about me, often diametrically opposed. For me to pick out those instances where my rep happened to align with Libran characteristics would be too selective for comfort. I would say that persons who get beyond the acquaintance stage do see me more in a "Uranian" light more consistently.

But for me to say that all of these areas of the "MC experience" is felt consciously would be artificial to me. It's so much more fluid than that, at least in my eyes.

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 04-08-2019 at 03:45 AM.
Unread 04-08-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post

With MC as reputation, I have heard many different things said about me, often diametrically opposed. For me to pick out those instances where my rep happened to align with Libran characteristics would be too selective for comfort. I would say that persons who get beyond the acquaintance stage do see me more in a "Uranian" light more consistently.
Well, I don't know you well at all, but I must say this has some truth to it. I have always detected a "mad genius" vibe coming from you.

Is Uranus prominent in your chart?
Unread 04-09-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Well, I don't know you well at all, but I must say this has some truth to it. I have always detected a "mad genius" vibe coming from you.

Is Uranus prominent in your chart?
Hmm, it depends on if you takr aspects of declination as valid. Both the Sun and Uranus are in the same declination - 00'05'21" orb. Practically on top of each other. Parallels are said to manifest in a similar way to a conjunction.

Then there is at least precedent for it in the family since my mother has the opposition.
Unread 04-09-2019, 12:30 AM

Interesting..

Tags
consciously, effect, feel