Has he searched for me on Facebook?

‘Has he searched for me on Facebook?’ (She had looked over the years to see if he had a Facebook profile but never found one under his name but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have one!)

How would you read this chart? I did ask my horary tutor which house rules Facebook and he said to just keep to 1H/7H but I don’t agree! Facebook is a communication site after all so to me that’s 3H. However, if all the answer requires is ‘has he searched for me on FB’ then the separating aspect between Mercury 7H and Jupiter 1H would be enough to suggest he has so it wouldn’t matter if the planets have reception but I am guessing she is looking for some kind of approval here.

Background: Querent is trying to reconnect with an old love in the hope he will search for her at some point as she can’t find him. She has uploaded some photos and some messages/posts.

She is first house ruled by Jupiter in Pisces and co-significator the Moon in Capricorn which is separating from Saturn in the 11th house. Not sure if this means anything but sticks out being right on the cusp.

The second house is ruled by Venus and would be her photos – Venus is the natural ruler of pictures/photos and women. Venus – the photos are conjunct his turned 2H cusp which rules his possessions – the photos are in his possession/he's 'received' them. Venus receives Mars in rulership, triplicity, term and face - I don't know how to interpret this! Mars is the ruler of the 8H (turned 2H) which is in the 12H – hidden and secret. Has he kept/saved the photos? Venus conjunct the 2H - this is a boost to her self esteem from him. (I think I have this the right way round!)

The third house would be her Facebook page – communication/messages – and is ruled by Mercury in Gemini.

He is 7H ruled by Mercury in Virgo and the Sun in Virgo. I’m going to include the Sun as this is potentially a relationship question.

The Sun receives Mercury in rulership, exaltation and face. Which would suggest he has seen it and liked it? Mercury is in the 7H - he's received the messages, combust, applying to conjunct the Sun. Being combust means Mercury can’t see or be seen - hidden out of sight. The Sun also receives Venus in triplicity and fall so is slightly hindered but still has resources to aid the matter but I don't know the relevance of this! I get a bit mixed up over receptions.

Separating aspects showing he has searched are: Mercury sextile Jupiter, Moon square Mercury, Moon square Sun.

Moon applies by trine to Mercury and Moon applies by trine to the Sun – he will search again. I’m not sure about whether she will receive any communication however as the aspect between the Moon and Jupiter is in negative reception with Jupiter being received in the Moon’s fall and the Moon also receiving the Jupiter in fall although saved a little by being in face too.

Out of interest the Arabic Part of Desire is conjunct the 7H cusp and the Part of Hopes and Wishes is conjunct the 1H cusp. Neptune (dreams, fantasies, illusions/delusions and deceit - I read on AW somewhere a while ago it can also mean spying, I don't view looking at people's profiles on FB as spying though as they put them up to be seen although as no one knows their profile is being looked at I suppose it is...!) is separating from an opposition to the Sun and Mercury and a trine from Jupiter and applying by trine to Venus.

So, what do you think?

Attachments

• Search Facebook.jpg
    Search Facebook.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 48

Chrysalis

I use 11th house for social media, and with L11 saturn in this house, her L3/venus in his 3rd house, moon being last in aspect with L11, L3/venus last being in aspect with L11/saturn, L7 being under combustion/hidden.

All this to me points to a yes.

P.S This is using wholesigns btw.

Thank you! Seems we get the same answer regardless. I usually use Regiomontanus houses and despite changing it on Astro.com it still came up as Placidus - not that it made much of difference.

rafaella

He has no interest in her, Mercury is in its own sign and house, in detriment of Jupiter. So if he is not inclined towards her then he has not.

I had a similar question from someone not long ago and there was a trine from 7th ruler to ASC, exact trine. The quesited's significator was Mercury rx trine ASC. Showing reoccurring or repeated activity. So the quesited had vested interest in looking up the querent on facebook, literally the Face (1st house).

Yes, I did notice that but still interested enough to search which is odd. Receptions are supposed to show motive so what would be his motive to bother to search if he doesn't like her? They didn't end on bad terms at all apparently - rather the opposite. I have found many times where charts have shown the Querent to not like the person and you ask them and they say that isn't the case so who knows?! She can't reconnect with someone she can't contact anyway so I suppose the question is mute - she can't do anything with this information.

Chrysalis

It depends how you read receptions, the way i read them jupiter is in the detriment of mercury (which makes more sense to me regarding the situation) and mercury is in jupiter's term, so there is still some liking there from his side.

Chrysalis

I am having a tough time with receptions! My tutor is John Frawley and having read other astrologers take on them is just putting my head in a spin!

You stick to John Frawley then, i started out with John Frawley but for me his way of reading receptions didn't make sense in my charts, so i reversed them.

Chrysalis

That's my problem - his way is not making sense to me.

Try it the other way around then, tbt it took me a good couple of weeks to flip them around as i was so used to JF.

If its not making sense though i would.

From what you've said, this chart doesn't make sense reading JF way at all.

rafaella

Yes, I did notice that but still interested enough to search which is odd. Receptions are supposed to show motive so what would be his motive to bother to search if he doesn't like her? They didn't end on bad terms at all apparently - rather the opposite. I have found many times where charts have shown the Querent to not like the person and you ask them and they say that isn't the case so who knows?! She can't reconnect with someone she can't contact anyway so I suppose the question is mute - she can't do anything with this information.

I think you misunderstood me, the reception here shows no interest from him towards her, so he has not looked her up. My other paragraph was about another chart with a similar question.

If Frawley is your tutor then I would suggest listen to him, he has much more knowledge and experience and what he said to you is common sense. Reception between significators shows interest, if one doesn't have interest then one would have no inclination towards looking up the querent.... reception shows motivation.

Even if you don't want to follow Frawley's reception, take a look at the chart. Where is quesited Mercury? Mercury is in his own sign and house. Does he look like he is seeking the querent? No. Why? Because Mercury is happy being on his side of the chart and not going all the way towards the 1st house. You would have studied this with Frawley. This is 101 of the relationship rules, and is shown somewhere in Lilly's book which Frawley relies on heavily. You don't even need to look at receptions here. The chart is very clear.

If you want to seek a second opinion from equally good astrologers such as Frawley, then I suggest go to http://www.skyscript.co.uk/

I get you now! However thinking logically it's not a physical search, it's on the computer which you can do from the comfort of your own home and never have to leave your house - you also don't have to like someone to search for them. People are nosey and search all kinds of people they have no real interest in so it's not that far fetched, that's real life and common sense too! :smile:

Thank you for your helping me understand, I appreciate it!

rafaella

I get you now! However thinking logically it's not a physical search, it's on the computer which you can do from the comfort of your own home and never have to leave your house - you also don't have to like someone to search for them. People are nosey and search all kinds of people they have no real interest in so it's not that far fetched, that's real life and common sense too! :smile:

Thank you for your helping me understand, I appreciate it!

yes but we are talking about a relationship chart. In relationship chart we need reception, and good placement of the significator. The querent's real questions is, is he still interested in me? Is there a potential?

She is not just asking whether some guy she met once has looked her up... we can look someone up out of curiosity but rarely do we ask horary on things that not matter to us deeply.

You need to look at the bigger picture here... horary is basically answering the underlying question, this guy has no interest in the querent and whether he has looked her up or not is really irrelevant. There is no future.

This is the reason it is a 1st/7th house chart not just merely a communication chart. Whenever you see 7th ruler in his own (turned 1st) house and sign, then you would know immediately quesited has very little interest in developing anything with the querent as the matters immediately concerning them is at the forefront.

Thank you so much for that explanation - I totally get it now. I generally take what people tell me at face value, clearly I have to be a bit more on the ball! :smile: