Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Traditional Astrology

Traditional Astrology For discussions on Traditional Astrology only. (Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras. In general, it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction) though there may be some exceptions, and always excludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) as well as any asteroids. The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation and more on prediction. Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.)

Unread 02-04-2013, 03:15 AM

Re: Firdaria

I am not aware of such connections however they certainly COULD be used; same with the Vedic dasha and bukti periods/sub-periods, which are so close to the Fridaria concept (although the calculating methodology is quite different)-any of these ancient methods COULD be applied to the more "modern" field of relocation charts, much as I have applied many of the oldtime techniques in my own eclectic approach (which includes much taken from Modernist astrology, and Vedic astrology, in addition to Traditionalist and Hellenistic astrology)

The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
!4C (02-04-2013)
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:38 PM

I looked a senator mccain's chart as test. Unfortunately, his chart his barely a day chart and could be contestable. His sun is less than a degree above his descendant. Assuming he is a day chart, he just entered his sun period when taken captive in hanoi. He was held there for approximately 5.5 years. If you use his relocated chart for hanoi, his sun is in the 12th house of imprisonment. That seems promising to me.
Unread 01-03-2015, 03:43 PM

Interesting. But if the nodes are used at all, then why are they not used in subperiods as well?
Unread 03-05-2015, 09:09 PM

I am one of the people who approve the firdaria method. I found it valid and true, I have applied on my life and noticed that period mention in fidaria describes well what I was going through .
Unread 03-06-2015, 04:38 PM

Thanks V
Do you use the nodes in the subperiods?
The Following User Says Thank You to Arena For This Useful Post:
theV (03-19-2015)
Unread 03-19-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena View Post
Thanks V
Do you use the nodes in the subperiods?
I wish you would cooperate more,because I am not familiar that much with the methods. Of course I have read my lifetime period but I haven't delved in Firdaria.
Unread 10-05-2017, 09:55 AM

Hello, I just finished working on alternative free Firdaria calculator:
horoscopes.astro-seek.com/firdaria-astrology-calculator

It calculates both period sequences - for day birth and for night birth (both variants with lunar nodes) ... and there is a simple switch to compare each subperiod date with transit chart or solar return.

so feel free to use it

Last edited by kaktuzz; 02-15-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Tags
firdaria