Is the sixth house really about disease?

poyi

Premium Member
Not sure about that. Did you hear this theory from somewhere? With Saturn return it will be still the similar age between 28-30 for the first return. Some people don't have as difficult return due to other factors but usually can't escape the second one and with those had hard first return may have less difficult one later depending on the configuration and how muh they put in the correct work into their life. And also what Saturn ruling in their chart. Some people may never have problem with Saturn return if Saturn in natal in his joy or exalted or dignified or ruling or placed in fortunate houses just my assumption. I had some physical health problem etc during the returning period but also started new relationship Saturn ruling my natal 5th and traditionally the 6th Aquarius which is health and some issues at work but nothing majorly wrong and soon passed after the transit. Even when Saturn transit conjunction to my sun I was the happiest for a long period of time.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Vir - sorry I don't agree with you.
Poyi - so would you say that as we go around the houses it defines us with age? For example, the first house being and infant , second child and so on.
That's certainly a description of the ancient Hellenistic method of Yearly Profection :smile:
as illustrated by the Profection Wheel

ProfectionWheel.jpg

If a native was to have Saturn in the ninth house then perhaps they would not undergo the real test of life until there were about 50/60?
Natal Saturn may be located in any one of twelve natal chart houses.
At age approximately 30 then, when transiting Saturn returns to the natal location
then, effects of Saturn's transit are dependent on the sign and house location of natal Saturn
as well as the sign and house location of natal Saturn's sign ruler

JUPITERASC

Virinchi;524429[B said:
]6th H is about loss to opponents (useful in judging court cases, speculation, sports, elections etc), disease, danger, seperation from partner/spouse, divorce, death of partner/spouse, loans etc

6th -danger
8th - threat
12th - defect
[/B]
Thank you for the Vedic perspective Virinchi
- that's interesting that 6th includes disease
as well as many other significations
:smile:

MissScorpio

Well it's just I have noticed it myself. For example, I have seen charts to people who have Saturn in 5th and they have exclaimed that their biggest lesson was around the time of falling in love - or Saturn in 7th - The test was not until marriage. My dad has Saturn in 8th and it was in his 50s or so that he struggled with life/death situation.. I have also discerned people with Saturn on ascendant who are constantly tested.

poyi

Premium Member
Well it's just I have noticed it myself. For example, I have seen charts to people who have Saturn in 5th and they have exclaimed that their biggest lesson was around the time of falling in love - or Saturn in 7th - The test was not until marriage. My dad has Saturn in 8th and it was in his 50s or so that he struggled with life/death situation.. I have also discerned people with Saturn on ascendant who are constantly tested.

Hmmmm interesting in whole sign my Saturn is in 3rd house surely my biggest lesson was from the accident. But it also manifested as the Saturn in 2nd in Placidus. I learned how to manage finance even better for my age very mature with my money also learned that health is the biggest wealth in life.

JA thank you for that Profection diagram I am keeping it.

MissScorpio

The sixth house is likely to be awareness of health -LOTS of people take alternative health treatments , becoming addicted to new age therapies etc but does not always indicate disease, it entirely depends upon the position of the planets. Making claims that the 8th is ooooh noooo about death and the sixth is oooooh noooo about illness and disease is utterly ludicrous, it's almost like saying that we are all typical of our sun signs without studying the contents of the chart!!

JUPITERASC

However,
ON THE CONTRARY
many people with Saturn NEITHER in 5th house NOR in 7th house
have stated that their biggest lesson was around the time of falling love and/or marriage.

Many struggle with life/death situations
yet their Saturn is not located in 8th
and we are all constantly tested in life, yet natal Saturn is not on Ascendant.
Therefore other planetary factors may well be influencing the events
:smile:
Hmmmm interesting in whole sign my Saturn is in 3rd house surely my biggest lesson was from the accident. But it also manifested as the Saturn in 2nd in Placidus. I learned how to manage finance even better for my age very mature with my money also learned that health is the biggest wealth in life.

JA thank you for that Profection diagram I am keeping it
Great that the profection diagram is useful for you :smile:

'....3rd house also signifies brothers, sisters, cousins or general members of the family (not parents, they belong to the 4th house). Neighbours and our local neighbourhood. The environment in which we live and work. Short journeys or those made on a regular basis. Lilly notes that this house shows a propensity for: "oft removing from one place to another" ([CA], p.52).

ALSO

Letters, rumours, reports, messages and messengers. Communications generally. Newspapers, magazines, telephones, postal service. Written deeds and contracts. Speeches and debates. Our ability to express ourselves and communicate to others. Languages, mobility skills and self-expression....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h3.html

poyi

Premium Member

'....3rd house also signifies brothers, sisters, cousins or general members of the family (not parents, they belong to the 4th house). Neighbours and our local neighbourhood. The environment in which we live and work. Short journeys or those made on a regular basis. Lilly notes that this house shows a propensity for: "oft removing from one place to another" ([CA], p.52).

ALSO

Letters, rumours, reports, messages and messengers. Communications generally. Newspapers, magazines, telephones, postal service. Written deeds and contracts. Speeches and debates. Our ability to express ourselves and communicate to others. Languages, mobility skills and self-expression....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h3.html

Many other factors to consider for sure. And the Solar eclipse 2 days after solar return on the ascendant lord Mercury definitely was the major factor it forced some physical changes with the fast but smooth need of surgery sextile to Mars in mutual reception the lord of 8th house activated involving the bone sextile Moon in Capricorn which exacerbated the Mars by trine and given it dignity overall harmonious surgery. Overall extremely Mercurial event, a Red motor bike by a female drive with transit of Venus in Scorpio square natal Moon, two female fallen on the road and one other female as witness in a Red car also, Mars, Mercury, Moon trine sextile loop. Myself crossing the green man light Mercury, between two education institutions one high school and the other as University in my local community, from 3rd crossing toward 9th, truly freaky manifestation. Since it activated the 8th house lord, legal insurance case started with the link of paper work of course, Mercury, and a female Lawyer with dry skin (Moon in Capricorn).

So to me, life is predestined and most likely we chose it that way so there is free will also but perhaps mostly before birth and limited free will after birth.

My story may seem a bit off topic. But as a very good real life example of how to see the planetary energy as real life event. The natal position of Saturn can be the major lesson in life, but not necessarily the only indicator for sure.

Edited: Natal Mercury had the solar eclipse and transit Mercury was Rx conjoined natal Sun, transit Mars semi square natal Sun while Jupiter in Gemini fall Rx conjoined MC all less than 1 orb. Transit Uranus Rx at 7th square transit Mars. Many indicators.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Many other factors to consider for sure. And the Solar eclipse 2 days after solar return on the ascendant lord Mercury definitely was the major factor it forced some physical changes with the fast but smooth need of surgery sextile to Mars in mutual reception the lord of 8th house activated involving the bone sextile Moon in Capricorn which exacerbated the Mars by trine and given it dignity overall harmonious surgery. Overall extremely Mercurial event, a Red motor bike by a female drive with transit of Venus in Scorpio square natal Moon, two female fallen on the road and one other female as witness in a Red car also, Mars, Mercury, Moon trine sextile loop. Myself crossing the green man light Mercury, between two education institutions one high school and the other as University in my local community, from 3rd crossing toward 9th, truly freaky manifestation. Since it activated the 8th house lord, legal insurance case started with the link of paper work of course, Mercury, and a female Lawyer with dry skin (Moon in Capricorn).

So to me, life is predestined and most likely we chose it that way so there is free will also but perhaps mostly before birth and limited free will after birth.

My story may seem a bit off topic. But as a very good real life example of how to see the planetary energy as real life event. The natal position of Saturn can be the major lesson in life, but not necessarily the only indicator for sure.

Edited: Natal Mercury had the solar eclipse and transit Mercury was Rx conjoined natal Sun, transit Mars semi square natal Sun while Jupiter in Gemini fall Rx conjoined MC all less than 1 orb. Transit Uranus Rx at 7th square transit Mars. Many indicators
Not necessarily off topic because accident affected Health/6th house issues :smile:

Remember that a Solar Eclipse repeats approximately every nineteen years, so checking events at the time of previous Solar Eclipse on this degree essential

Solar eclipse means New Moon so your birth occurred close to the time of the New Moon. So every Solar Return for your natal chart is associated potentially with a New Moon, although not always with an Eclipsed New Moon. Eclipsed New Moon is approximately every 19 years

The Ram

I don't consider houses as malefic or benefic. It depends on the person who uses them, what choices do they make?

dr. farr

Right-there are dynamic considerations which "make" a house "easy or difficult", and these are dependant upon the specifics of each particular chart: I agree that 6th house can be about health problems, but its significations range much wider, from servants and employes the native might have, to pets!

yelena234

With Mercury in 6th (ruler of 9th), I didn't serve to anybody except to foreign tourists (in tourism).
My daily routine is to read a lot and study Medicine and things about mysteries (on more ways), things I don't understand, why and they happened.

davidk

I have four planets in the sizth house and have had various health battles in my lifetime. Nothing major but it definitely has been a battle. I don't believe the health issues are just about disease but about changing us as people to live a more healthy and perfected lifestyle where we react less to stress and are more in control of our own destiny. The sixth house is a virgo house after all.

Sixth House - http://www.myastrologycharts.com/sixthhouse/sixthhouse.php
Virgo - http://www.myastrologycharts.com/virgo/virgo.php
Health Report - http://www.myastrologycharts.com/astrology-health.php

poyi

Premium Member
I have four planets in the sizth house and have had various health battles in my lifetime. Nothing major but it definitely has been a battle. I don't believe the health issues are just about disease but about changing us as people to live a more healthy and perfected lifestyle where we react less to stress and are more in control of our own destiny. The sixth house is a virgo house after all.

Sixth House - http://www.myastrologycharts.com/sixthhouse/sixthhouse.php
Virgo - http://www.myastrologycharts.com/virgo/virgo.php
Health Report - http://www.myastrologycharts.com/astrology-health.php

Yes. Virgo house, Perfecting and Purifying unworthy matters through health, services, and humbleness.