Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.

Unread 08-22-2013, 01:15 PM

Re: Invention - When did we Stop?

I think if i was to build a Maglev Vacuum train,I would make most of the track out of plastic conduit raised high off the ground so that it reduced interference on farmers fields and industrial zones etc by not taking up much ground footprint except for the pylons that hold the track up in the air,These pylons could also serve as access columns up to the track for maintenance etc.The only places i would use tunnel would be when mountains got in the way and in high density housing areas to avoid high casualties if the train should crash,It has to be considerably cheaper not to tunnel,And maintenance of high level track has got to be easier than tunnel track.As for track safety i would have up rail sensors to switch trains tracks to another tunnel if damage is sensed ahead.The train would switch track via long diagonal tunnels,There would be multiple back ups of all vacuum pumps in case of failure.Instead of holding a vacuum continuously along the whole track,Vacuums would only be sustained ahead of the approaching train through the track being divided into air tight sections.These sections would open and close relative to the approaching train.The secondary track can be used for rescue purposes if there is a breakdown or crash as one of the two tracks will be clear.At good vista points the track could be transparent plastic.The power for this system could be derived from environmentally friendly sustainable supplies like Hydro,Windmills and Solar power in the regions close to the track that the rail passes through.If necessary power could be sourced via less green methods for a continuous supply.Finally i think it is unnecessary to travel at the full 4,000 MPH,And it might be a better safer idea to try 2,000 MPH for a considerable time before going any faster.We presently have no continuous 2,000 MPH form of transport so why be greedy?

Ive written this Idea for a Maglev Vacuum train to show that it is possible,Given a few modifications,improvements and restrictions.
Personally i prefer the opposite,A future with as little technology as possible and trying to fit in with nature,But if high speed transport has to be...

Unread 08-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Account Closed

I agree with each detail in a maglev rollout, I think we're of the same frame of mind. If I ever get into political office, you'll receive an offer to manage development lol

I'm stuck on the nature vs tech. future. When I have too much of one, I long for the other, I really do. Imagine running from Sense & Sensibility to Tron Legacy...

Bob raised something earlier; the traditional way of viewing invention. Does anyone know much about this?
Unread 03-10-2014, 10:05 PM

POWDERED WATER HYDRATES DROUGHT STRICKEN FARMS IN MEXICO

- apparently it's been in use for at least the past twelve years
http://www.greenprophet.com/2013/07/...water-drought/

SOLID RAIN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 03-13-2014, 01:29 AM
Account Closed

"Has there been any great invention since the Internet?

Consider this list:

1804 - Steam Railway
1876 - Telephone
1878 - Light bulb
1903 - Aeroplane
1928 - Television, penicillin
1981 - Space shuttle
1940 - Colour television
1990 - World Wide Web

This list is clearly not exhaustive. These technologies revolutionised the home, society and the world.

Uranus in Capricorn - 1988-1996
Uranus in Aquarius - 1996-2003
Uranus in Pisces - 2003-2010
Uranus in Aries - 2010-2019

The brief list of list of inventions appears to stop at 1990. If we're following the Uranus cycle, that's during the Capricorn transit, the structures of society. Why were inventions during the Aquarius transit so dull? I'm warmed to see big thinkers bring up this point, 'social web 2.0' a.k.a. Facebook, Spotify, Twitter etc. are not inventions on the same scale of revolution or as evident contributions to humans as the list at the top.

..."

I meant to quote the OP, highlight particular parts and then write something new. I just realised that I edited the OP and lost much of the original content

I have to say that my mind has changed on part of this. (At least by changing our opinion we know that we are open-minded!) The usage of the internet as a break for freedom from an oppressive government seems here to stay. Also, in the past year we've seen the consequences of the revelation of the government-spying, particularly by the NSA in the US and GSHQ in the UK alongside their partners. One movement I've seen related to this utilises the internet to defend freedom. In the tech community they are called 'white hats'; hackers who retaliate with those that break international law and fundamental human rights. It usually involves disrupting normal service (that which uses the internet) of a business or government agency that has apparently violated human laws or rights. Whether their actions are in fact right or wrong, it's another use of the internet by groups of citizens to (in their words) safeguard liberty. It's evidence of more clusters of people using the internet in the name of freedom.

The mundane effects of outer planets traversing into a new sign take time to not only be seen, but be understood. As mentioned in the opening post, the quest was to pin down great inventions; those that immediately changed society and the world irrevocably. In the previous Uranus cycle, Uranus in Pisces - 2003-2010, the internet transformed from being a military and elite academic tool to being a tool of the mass - the general public, the middle class. Looking back at that major step in the life of the internet, it needed to become democratised itself, before becoming available by the people in the name of democracy.

Last edited by byjove; 03-13-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Unread 03-31-2014, 12:17 AM

A GIANT BASKET THAT USES CONDENSATION TO GATHER DRINKING WATER

'….768 million people cannot access safe water,
and
every day 1,400 children under the age of five die from water-based diseases.
Designer Arturo Vittori solution to this catastrophe in giant-sized stunning water towers standing nearly 30 feet tall which can collect over 25 gallons of potable water per day by harvesting atmospheric water vapor. Each pillar comprises two sections:
a semi-rigid exoskeleton built by tying stalks of juncus or bamboo together
and
an internal plastic mesh, reminiscent of the bags oranges come in.
The nylon and polypropylene fibers act as a scaffold for condensation,
and as the droplets of dew form,
they follow the mesh into a basin at the base of the structure.....'
http://www.wired.com/2014/03/warka-water-africa/

'….Vittori devoted attention to this problem after visiting northeastern Ethiopia.
“There, people live in beautiful natural environment without running water, electricity, a toilet or a shower” .
To survive, women and children walk for miles to worm-filled ponds contaminated with human waste,
collect water in trashed plastic containers or dried gourds,
carry the heavy containers on treacherous roads back to their homes.
Process takes hours and endangers the children
exposing them to dangerous illnesses
taking them away from school,
ensuring that a cycle of poverty repeats.

Exposure to the horrific scene motivated Vittori to take action.....'

'…...“WarkaWater is designed to provide clean water as well as ensure long-term environmental, financial and social sustainability.
Once locals have the necessary know how,
they will be able to teach others villages and communities to build the WarkaWater towers.”
Each tower costs approximately $550
and can be built in under a week with a four-person team and locally available materials.

A more obvious solution to a water shortage would be digging a well,
but drilling 1,500 feet into Ethiopia’s rocky plateaus is expensive.
Even when a well is dug,
maintaining pumps and ensuring a reliable electrical connection
makes the proposition unsustainable....'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 07-12-2014, 10:28 PM

Great conversation ! I have wondered this exact thing regarding the effects of television on art - i.e. I don't see marble sculpture much anymore

Tags
invention, stop