Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 10-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Zonark's Avatar
Zonark Zonark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: chillin
Posts: 805
Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

1984-1996. People born within this time have Pluto in Scorpio. The oldest members of this generation are nearing their late twenties and many are just starting to become mature adults. This is a very powerful generation, especially because so many of us also have Capricorn in Neptune and Uranus, signaling moves toward a heavy influence of society. So what sort of influence is Pluto in Scorpio going to be bringing?

I get a sense of foreboding from this alignment, this is a generation that knows the power of death. When the bulk of this generation matures, I think there will be much death caused at the hands of this generation. Both of people and of social paradigms, religions, philosophies, ways of life, economic models, institutions and so on.

I know many of my generation nod their heads when someone voices dissent against principals at the very core of society's functions, such as the way money is used in society, certain religious ideas and principals, lifestyles etc. This is a generation unafraid to criticize and say exactly what they think is wrong with the world. We're unafraid to face fears that have gone unadressed for numerous generations.

However many of this generation are still stuck at home with their parents (me being one of them!) and we get a lot of **** for this, especially from our peers who managed to get out, their criticism stings like no others. I can't make excuses, for either myself or others, but I think the reason why many are 'stuck' is because of this generation having a desire for such a dramatic social change that many of them willingly and eagerly forsake all of society's offerings of 'career launchpads' and the like because we want to live in a way that is radically different.

Personally I absolutely hated school, religious attendance and all the ritual order that has been bogging down humanity for a century. A common feeling amongst our generation is a quiet loathing for an authority that is way past expiration. The remedy is of course, that we become authorities in our own right and depose of the repressive elements of our society. Those of our generation who are standing on their own with the respect of their peers have done so by doing just that in one way or another.

There are many who are financially independent but are the targets of heavy and merciless criticism from other members of this generation because their independence was gained by using the Old World Order's support. A common pastime of this generation is exposing and ridiculing 'posers', 'fakes' and 'puppets'. Anyone whose position of personal power has been obtained by, as we are so fond of saying, 'selling out'.

For all the stuck at home/college dropout/roaming anarchists and social malcontents of this generation, you can't say we don't have a very strong and personal sense of purity and self righteousness coming from an inner power that most of us are refusing to sell for a little bit of capital.

Interesting times are ahead, folks.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 11-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Blackempress's Avatar
Blackempress Blackempress is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 8th House!
Posts: 744
Send a message via Yahoo to Blackempress Send a message via Skype™ to Blackempress
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Wow! I do agree with the 'stuck at home' & resentful bout it feeling but one thing I know with this aspect is I'm born a psychotherapist!
Funniest part is going to multiple shrinks & ending up taking their sessions instead!
Im hoping mine works better with financial insights, could really use those. Interesting post but I wouldn't want to see alot of death in the future but yay to death of old-ideals & traditions.. I'm in for the burning. Time to clean out closets-mental closets especially!
__________________
I'd Kill for Individuality!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 11-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Rebel Uranian's Avatar
Rebel Uranian Rebel Uranian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My natural habitat
Posts: 2,090
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Uranus in Aquarius will be with you Squares between Uranus and Pluto generally tend to be very powerful and helpful generationally FYI
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 11-04-2011, 12:40 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 54,720
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Sidereally, Pluto did not enter Scorpio until 1993 - Tropical astrology links planets in Signs with planets in constellations.

However, for hundreds of years (as well as in 1984) the Tropical zodiac has been totally out of synch with the constellations, which means that in 1984 Pluto was in the constellation of Libra (yet in the 'Tropical Sign' of Scorpio)
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Zonark's Avatar
Zonark Zonark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: chillin
Posts: 805
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Sidereally, Pluto did not enter Scorpio until 1993 - Tropical astrology links planets in Signs with planets in constellations.

However, for hundreds of years (as well as in 1984) the Tropical zodiac has been totally out of synch with the constellations, which means that in 1984 Pluto was in the constellation of Libra (yet in the 'Tropical Sign' of Scorpio)
Well there goes my post

Foiled again by logic!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Theonlymomentwewerealone Theonlymomentwewerealone is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 78
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

yo ben, okay so was pretty excited to see this post here,..... actually jumped up from my seat... as its been surprising to find something as concise showing so accurately the life intent, motivations and reactions faced within the limiting world we're shown at face value - and yet your from the other side of the world.
everything you've written so far,.. is so right and represents all i stand for, and i would love to talk to you.

my whole form wriggles and squirms at the sight of pleasure, wasting time, or living life in some luxury state of a daydream. I actually can't do it, and somehow after this past year have found socialising challenging because having direction or something pulling at you to find it, at least
seems often , for me anyway half kills me- hanging out at the beach etc wasting me, letting the world go...

i think this is the underlying intent of what should be our generation, but i think you are stronger than many to catch onto this (plus your natal chart says so-), or more true to yourself- as i've found its only few who really have the strength to understand this as their purpose, as most it seems are trying to choose a way to fit in, or else, can;t don't know themselves and therefore try to fill the spot,
which while, should be filled with some sense of adventure, challenge, originality, surprise-
all those things that excite life - being swapped with alcohol and shopping.

i've left school, because i knew i could do any of it. but in the end I need to find a way most suitable, i guess this was somehow part of how i fell into learning astrology.

so cheers for being the second, i've seen understanding our generation, being part of our generation- having clear perspective is respected.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Hosh Hosh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonark View Post
Well there goes my post

Foiled again by logic!
Nah, you're on to something.

This is a Wired Magazine article about the generation born in 1993 and later.. This generation has never known what it was like to live without the Internet.

Here are some choice excerpts:
They are the Nisei of cyberspace—the first generation born into a world that has never not known digital life and so never had to adjust to it as the rest of us settlers have. Like all Nisei, they understand the new world in ways their parents never will and speak its language with far more fluency. If you want to understand the past two decades, they are perhaps the perfect subjects. The drumbeat of disruption and technological advance that has defined the past 20 years is their natural rhythm.

...

WHEN HE WAS 17, Peter Dykstra—a sophomore at UC San Diego—underwent a rite of passage: He swapped his first email address for a more grown-up-sounding one. (Dykstra had based his old one on a favorite Bible verse, but people wondered why someone named Peter had an email address that included the name John.) Previous generations expressed these kinds of personae and affiliations through the clothes they wore or cars they drove. When you can construct your own identity—sorry, identities—online and flaunt them to 10,000 times as many people as might ever see your bumper sticker, what difference does it make whether you drive a pickup or a Volvo? Millennials “care much less about stable identities and categories,” says Daniszewski, the cell phone photographer from Bard. “They are constantly changing online interactions and personas.”

That process of endless transformation has always been an important aspect of growing up—one minute you’re an emo kid, the next you’re a goth—but now it takes place in a competitive arena with a massive audience. On the Internet, status is measured in friends, followers, retweets, and pageviews. “On Twitter and Tumblr and Instagram,” writes Danah Boyd, who studies online culture at NYU and at Microsoft Research, “you’ll find teens who have hundreds of thousands—and even millions—of followers, more than most companies and more than many traditional celebrities.”

...

I am looking at the Facebook pictures of a woman named Abigail Muir, and there seems to be no end to them. I scroll past images of a doe-eyed 20-year-old with an electrifying cascade of red hair in every imaginable expression, dress, and pose—smoking, dancing, swimming, jumping on a bed in her underwear, now soulful, now playful, now glamorous. She even has a duck-face picture, the pursed-lips pout that marks the first awkward foray into sultriness for millions of adolescent girls. Her self-display might be considered ingenuous if she were planning to be, say, a nurse, but as a Parsons junior who wants to work in “design management, strategy, and branding,” she knows what she’s doing. “I work hard to maintain a staunchly hip online persona,” which she monitors on Klout, a service that measures followers, retweets, and other signifiers of web influence. (Her most recent score was around 60, well above average but considerably short of Justin Bieber or President Obama.) She is casual about what some might consider the risks of oversharing. In the future, she says, it won’t matter if you did post a picture of yourself covered in chocolate, because “the people who care will all retire and the world will be run by my generation, which doesn’t give a ****.”
And it goes on. The key thing is that, having grown without knowing what it was like not to have the Internet, this generation is not as attached to material identities. Or at least, fixed identities. The last Pluto in Scorpio gave rise to the various revolutions, wherein math and technologies such as, calculus, seafaring navigation and political notions of self-determination gave rise to the various political revolutions.

This time around, it's related to a mass transition from the material "reality" to blurring of virtual. Anyone who practices the various yogas know, well.... yeah. Reality is a lot bigger than you think, and dreams are no more unreal than waking reality. People growing up after 1993 will tell you... well duh. No one has to think about it or talk about it, not like say, us folks born with Pluto in Libra :-D

Scorpio is the transition into the transcendent. I have several close Scorpio friends, all practicing one path or another; heh, this is just done at a mass level. It's the shedding of ego. That's what death is about. In this case, its the shedding of our material identity for something that's more ephemeral. One that doesn't require some special empowerment or meditation retreat to experience.

Good times!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hosh For This Useful Post:
Munch (04-27-2013)
  #8  
Unread 04-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Munch Munch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Seattle, Wa USA
Posts: 1,152
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

I love your post!

Thanks for sharing.
__________________
I am what I am. - Popeye



Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:13 AM
Hosh Hosh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
I love your post!
Thanks :-)

If you like anime, my favorite of 2011 is Sword Art Online, an anime that touches on some of the themes of the above Wired article. What's real? What's virtual?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Hosh Hosh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Here's another fun article
Newly minted college graduates soon entering the job market could be facing another hurdle besides high unemployment and a sluggish economy. Hiring managers say many perform poorly—sometimes even bizarrely—in job interviews.

Human resource professionals say they've seen recent college grads text or take calls in interviews, dress inappropriately, use slang or overly casual language, and exhibit other oddball behavior.

"It's behavior that may be completely appropriate outside the interview," says Jaime Fall, vice president of the HR Policy Association. "The interview is still a traditional environment."
... but not in ten, twenty years ... :-)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100684583
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:47 AM
ptolomy's Avatar
ptolomy ptolomy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yny's Mon,Anglesey,Cwmru,North Wales,U.K
Posts: 1,008
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonark View Post
1984-1996. People born within this time have Pluto in Scorpio. The oldest members of this generation are nearing their late twenties and many are just starting to become mature adults. This is a very powerful generation, especially because so many of us also have Capricorn in Neptune and Uranus, signaling moves toward a heavy influence of society. So what sort of influence is Pluto in Scorpio going to be bringing?

I get a sense of foreboding from this alignment, this is a generation that knows the power of death. When the bulk of this generation matures, I think there will be much death caused at the hands of this generation. Both of people and of social paradigms, religions, philosophies, ways of life, economic models, institutions and so on.

I know many of my generation nod their heads when someone voices dissent against principals at the very core of society's functions, such as the way money is used in society, certain religious ideas and principals, lifestyles etc. This is a generation unafraid to criticize and say exactly what they think is wrong with the world. We're unafraid to face fears that have gone unadressed for numerous generations.

However many of this generation are still stuck at home with their parents (me being one of them!) and we get a lot of **** for this, especially from our peers who managed to get out, their criticism stings like no others. I can't make excuses, for either myself or others, but I think the reason why many are 'stuck' is because of this generation having a desire for such a dramatic social change that many of them willingly and eagerly forsake all of society's offerings of 'career launchpads' and the like because we want to live in a way that is radically different.

Personally I absolutely hated school, religious attendance and all the ritual order that has been bogging down humanity for a century. A common feeling amongst our generation is a quiet loathing for an authority that is way past expiration. The remedy is of course, that we become authorities in our own right and depose of the repressive elements of our society. Those of our generation who are standing on their own with the respect of their peers have done so by doing just that in one way or another.

There are many who are financially independent but are the targets of heavy and merciless criticism from other members of this generation because their independence was gained by using the Old World Order's support. A common pastime of this generation is exposing and ridiculing 'posers', 'fakes' and 'puppets'. Anyone whose position of personal power has been obtained by, as we are so fond of saying, 'selling out'.

For all the stuck at home/college dropout/roaming anarchists and social malcontents of this generation, you can't say we don't have a very strong and personal sense of purity and self righteousness coming from an inner power that most of us are refusing to sell for a little bit of capital.

Interesting times are ahead, folks.
Hi Zonark.I think that a lot of your Pluto in Scorpio generation influences are generally correct,I am particularly interested in your talk about how much of this generation on reaching adulthood find that they are deprived of the normal expectations of adulthood in our western systems,Many who have personal planet connections to Natal Pluto find that the system is not offering the same to them as previous generations have received,Namely such things as a good higher education at Uni or the chance to buy their own home by mortgage etc as these normal expectations have been withdrawn by society due to the monetary collapse and the following austerity measures caused by the transit of Pluto over the the western Suns at approximately 10 degrees Capricorn which is undermining and removing any non viable western structures like the housing market.This is only very fitting as the Pluto in Scorpio generation approaches adulthood.It is very similar to the general story of many sun sign Scorpios who find that their childhoods are very bleak and deprived,usually emotionally but they can be deprived in many other ways and this obviously depends on what personal planets and houses are involved in their natal charts.The important point to note is instead of individuals being deprived,the whole generation is being deprived.Of course this doesn't apply to every Pluto in Scorpio person,but i applies to a bigger than normal percentage of these types.I find this deprivation serves a very good purpose as it pushes the individual on to replace the old **** with something newer and better than before.And the most important point of all is that this is all part of a pre ordained plan of higher consciousness to change things radically through this generation because the old system is finished and its time is up.Unfortunately as many Scorpio types know,this requires considerable pain.As an interesting comparison,the generations born to experience the 1st and 2nd world wars had combinations like Pluto conjunct Saturn or Pluto square Saturn and many of these were deprived of everything but the absolute basics,But they grew up to be very content with very little.As an example they experienced rationing of food and many other essentials.But as usual this is part of a higher plan in my opinion the Plutonians and Scorpio types are quite often at the vanguard position of major change in society,unfortunately a lot of discomfort and deprivation and even death goes with this big change.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Hosh Hosh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptolomy View Post
This is only very fitting as the Pluto in Scorpio generation approaches adulthood.It is very similar to the general story of many sun sign Scorpios who find that their childhoods are very bleak and deprived,usually emotionally but they can be deprived in many other ways and this obviously depends on what personal planets and houses are involved in their natal charts.The important point to note is instead of individuals being deprived,the whole generation is being deprived.
Are you sure this is a "deprivation"? That frame assumes that there is an inherent fairness to the world, that you're entitled to something and now you live in deprivation. There isn't. And the emanation of Pluto is a reminder of that, that all things come and go, that what begins will inevitably end. (And besides, you don't get a gold star for suffering). It's such an awesome emanation, as it opens the window for shedding karma and going to the next stage.

I have several close Sun in Scorpio friends. I'm not sure any of them would consider their early lives as bleak, deprived, or unfortunate though they all have some epic adventures to tell. But then again, we've been exploring the transcendent. It's only deprivation if you're looking at it with through the eyes of duality.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:25 PM
ptolomy's Avatar
ptolomy ptolomy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yny's Mon,Anglesey,Cwmru,North Wales,U.K
Posts: 1,008
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosh View Post
Are you sure this is a "deprivation"? That frame assumes that there is an inherent fairness to the world, that you're entitled to something and now you live in deprivation. There isn't. And the emanation of Pluto is a reminder of that, that all things come and go, that what begins will inevitably end. (And besides, you don't get a gold star for suffering). It's such an awesome emanation, as it opens the window for shedding karma and going to the next stage.

I have several close Sun in Scorpio friends. I'm not sure any of them would consider their early lives as bleak, deprived, or unfortunate though they all have some epic adventures to tell. But then again, we've been exploring the transcendent. It's only deprivation if you're looking at it with through the eyes of duality.
I will try and keep this short.Many people born under the sign of Scorpio with difficult placements quite often experience their childhood bleak because of a lack of emotional closeness,Also many Scorpio types also have an experience that can be considered bleak because of their attunement to Scorpio and also Pluto, Pluto's main mode of operation is to remove that which is out moded or is finished because it does not serve its purpose any more,Consequently whatever Pluto touches and corrects it also removes the old from and consequently people who have a lot of dealings with Pluto have many things removed from them leaving a person who makes do with minimalist tools.

As for living a in a Transcendent universe and going beyond duality and opening the window to shed karma or finding someway to look beyond duality,I doubt the majority of adults are capable of getting beyond their ego without considerable life times training and as for a child born under difficult Scorpio placements,They have no chance of doing any of the above,They are children who experience deprivation for Karmic reasons and can learn from this.Things happen to them and they don't have much in the way of tools to deal with these things ,Whilst an adult can learn from making do with less and developing new tools after dropping the old.Most will feel deprived initially as in Pluto/Saturn difficult aspects and conjunctions,You need to have experienced Pluto doing this to know the ego has no chance,As for a person beyond duality, I've never met one.I think Pluto Saturn in particular is most likely to destroy old boundaries,And if they are ego related they will be particularly frightening to the Saturn side of the personality as it is particularly concerned with the boundaries of consciousness and the ego shell.
As for whether there is or isn't an inherent fairness in the world,I find that many like to think that there should be.Hence attempts at law and order etc.
I think i've covered most of your points?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Hosh Hosh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptolomy View Post
Many people born under the sign of Scorpio with difficult placements quite often experience their childhood bleak because of a lack of emotional closeness,Also many Scorpio types also have an experience that can be considered bleak because of their attunement to Scorpio and also Pluto, Pluto's main mode of operation is to remove that which is out moded or is finished because it does not serve its purpose any more,Consequently whatever Pluto touches and corrects it also removes the old from and consequently people who have a lot of dealings with Pluto have many things removed from them leaving a person who makes do with minimalist tools.
I'm just saying, the "bleakness" as a description, concept, and frame, does not serve well. We want emotional closeness of other people around us, but in reality, we want to be loved by the cosmos. What keeps us apart are weird attachments and lifetimes of habits. Peeling off those attachments can get very painful, but the pain itself isn't the source of suffering. Neither is the apparent lack of emotional closeness.

Quote:
As for living a in a Transcendent universe and going beyond duality and opening the window to shed karma or finding someway to look beyond duality,I doubt the majority of adults are capable of getting beyond their ego without considerable life times training and as for a child born under difficult Scorpio placements,They have no chance of doing any of the above,They are children who experience deprivation for Karmic reasons and can learn from this.
I wasn't speaking about "most adults" or trying to get beyond one's shell, or however many lifetimes we are talking about. It's part of the process. We're all capable and eventually will get there. What's billions of lifetimes compared to eternity?

Quote:
Things happen to them and they don't have much in the way of tools to deal with these things ,Whilst an adult can learn from making do with less and developing new tools after dropping the old.Most will feel deprived initially as in Pluto/Saturn difficult aspects and conjunctions,You need to have experienced Pluto doing this to know the ego has no chance,As for a person beyond duality, I've never met one.
That's a misconception. It's not that there is any person beyond duality so much as Reality is non-dual, and yet we live in a dream of duality. Whether we want to dream or not, non-duality is.

It's not that you make do with less or with deprivation. It's simply that you are as you are. It's not that you have tools to "deal with it", it's that neither abundance or deprivation are any big deal.

You say adults have better tools. Ironically, it's what we adults perceive as the child-like innocence is the best medicine for ... well, this dream of deprivation. Or abundance.

Quote:
I think Pluto Saturn in particular is most likely to destroy old boundaries,And if they are ego related they will be particularly frightening to the Saturn side of the personality as it is particularly concerned with the boundaries of consciousness and the ego shell.
Quote:
As for whether there is or isn't an inherent fairness in the world,I find that many like to think that there should be.Hence attempts at law and order etc.
Sure. I have also met many who like to think there should be fairness. There isn't. Lots of thrashing.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Hosh Hosh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosh View Post
You say adults have better tools. Ironically, it's what we adults perceive as the child-like innocence is the best medicine for ... well, this dream of deprivation. Or abundance.
Then again, with what I know now, I do a lot better than when I was younger. I thrashed even more as a kid. I know when I was young, things felt miserable. It felt difficult. But now at least, I have faith that, however "difficult" things get, the cosmos itself is a compassionate place. As I've acquired tools, I've projected back in the past again and again to try to bring some ease to my past self. But even that itself, is something to let go of. I wouldn't be able to tell you that, yeah, I've been there. :-P And I can still voice these things, and these are not the naive rantings of someone going off the reservation :-)

I write all of this about here to give voice to other possibilities of Pluto in Scorpio, to the Pluto emanation in general. It might not seem like it when you're wading through a shared hell, but those possibilities exists. It helps when you relax into it.

So I don't really care that "most adults" can't get over their ego. (I mean, they will eventually). That doesn't matter. The fact that some of those adults, and perhaps, some of those children, show up here, and read this, and trust in the universe a little bit more -- then that is OK by me.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:13 PM
ptolomy's Avatar
ptolomy ptolomy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yny's Mon,Anglesey,Cwmru,North Wales,U.K
Posts: 1,008
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

i will quote from Betty Lundsteads book,Astrological insights into personality page 96 Quote:SCORPIO: Scorpio children are also born born in a mother dominated atmosphere,They too,do not come into an environment that is warm and loving,and a parent may be missing.There is often a death in the family a few days before a Scorpio is born.This effects the emotional set of the parents,For the person who dies is someone they love.This circumstance brings an attitude of grief into a small child's life.Often Scorpios are unwanted children,And sometimes they are 11 pound babies born into a seven month marriage...."Unquote,I personally would find that bleak as there isnt much more you can do to deprive a child, In fact i feel the word bleak is an understatement in many cases.
Heres an example of Saturn conjunct Pluto in a transit from Robert Hands 'Planets in Transit' Quoteuring this transit you may have fewer resouirces available for doing what you want,and you may have to focus the available resources on more restricted and concentrated objectives,Pluto is the power of transformation..." and Quote"on a metaphysical level this transit means that factors are now being incorporated into the structure of your life that will later bring evolution and growth..This process involves getting rid of old structures..."And Quote"On a material level ,this transit often causes financial problems or kinds of shortages"..etc etc.I wont go on and on.Im just trying to convey Pluto and Scorpios main Modus Operand i
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Kuntuzangmo's Avatar
Kuntuzangmo Kuntuzangmo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Here, now
Posts: 878
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

There's a a very insightful book called "Generations", by Strauss (and someone). It tracks definitive social cycles across hundreds of years. He speaks a lot about your generation.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Hosh Hosh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptolomy View Post
i will quote from Betty Lundsteads book,Astrological insights into personality page 96 Quote:SCORPIO: Scorpio children are also born born in a mother dominated atmosphere,They too,do not come into an environment that is warm and loving,and a parent may be missing.There is often a death in the family a few days before a Scorpio is born.This effects the emotional set of the parents,For the person who dies is someone they love.This circumstance brings an attitude of grief into a small child's life.Often Scorpios are unwanted children,And sometimes they are 11 pound babies born into a seven month marriage...."Unquote,I personally would find that bleak as there isnt much more you can do to deprive a child, In fact i feel the word bleak is an understatement in many cases.
Let me see. I've found it useful to use descriptions like this as a starting point for accessing a particular planetary energy, actually feeling it. So with my friends:

Scorpio friend #1: Father left when he was a teen. Father started a new family, friend carried resentment. This past year has been a lot of growth and changes for my friend and I; we both learned a meditative technique called "demon feeding". My friend had a lot of aversions to probing this at first but gained some interesting insights. In that respect, he's doing better than me; I still got some of my own hangups with my family.

Scorpio friend #2: I don't know what happened to her parents. I think both of them were young and gave her up. Her grandparents adopted her, and my friend calls her grandparents "mom" and "dad". She's more sane than I am, works in a child services agency, and helps me out when I confide in her.

Scorpio friend #3: Father and mother divorced when he was a kid, he still stays in contact with both his parents. He's the sole child, grew up in the sticks, and is sole heir to a lot of the family lineages. Though this isn't a race, it feels like my friend is a few cycles short of being able to shed rebirth.

Scorpio friend #4: I never probed deeper into his thing, we got some weird friend-rivalry thing going.

I don't think friends #1, #2, and #3 would consider their childhood bleak or deprived for that matter. I'm not sure about friend #4, but he's thrashing out a lot of stuff right now so who knows who he'll be in a year, or two or three.

I think you hit the key point. You feel it is bleak. A lot of people probably do. That doesn't necessarily mean someone born with those emanations feel it is bleak. It looks bleak from the outside by conventional, dualistic eyes. I think you mentioned it yourself though, folks receiving this emanation can also show it isn't as terrible as it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptolomy View Post
Heres an example of Saturn conjunct Pluto in a transit from Robert Hands 'Planets in Transit' Quoteuring this transit you may have fewer resouirces available for doing what you want,and you may have to focus the available resources on more restricted and concentrated objectives,Pluto is the power of transformation..." and Quote"on a metaphysical level this transit means that factors are now being incorporated into the structure of your life that will later bring evolution and growth..This process involves getting rid of old structures..."And Quote"On a material level ,this transit often causes financial problems or kinds of shortages"..etc etc.I wont go on and on.Im just trying to convey Pluto and Scorpios main Modus Operand i
I haven't met anyone with Saturn conjunct Pluto or attempted to scry that. Those are interesting points, but I don't have much to say about Saturn conjunct Pluto until I feel it.

You say you are trying to convey Pluto and Scorpios main modus operandi. Fair enough. I'm saying that, whatever the perceived fortune or misfortune, whatever energy emanating from Pluto and Scorpio affects one's life materially, it is also important to not become to attached or obsessed by it.

In fact, there are specific practices that deliberately attend to adversity, both for healing, and for practice. For example, in the Tibetan Chöd of Mahamudra, the teaching goes, "To consider adversity as a friend is the instruction of Chöd." You don't have to dwell on adversity, however powerful the energy of Pluto is.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Hosh Hosh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntuzangmo View Post
There's a a very insightful book called "Generations", by Strauss (and someone). It tracks definitive social cycles across hundreds of years. He speaks a lot about your generation.
This one, right? http://www.amazon.com/Generations-Hi.../dp/0688119123
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 01-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Amnesia Amnesia is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 28
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

I was born in December of 1984 and I know exactly what the op is talking about.

I've always had a deep mistrust of authority figures ever since I was a little boy. I couldn't stand most of my teachers and I also hated going to school. Most of them came across as bullies and hypocrites.

I also held a similar contempt for organised religion and being forced to say prayers in school, but this view has softened somewhat since learning what really lies at the core of every great religion (but that is another topic entirely).

Interestingly a recent newspaper article mentioned that voter apathy was largely caused by anger towards politicians and I don't blame them! This increasingly authoritarian government relies more and more on punitive methods to punish the sections of society it does not like, ie. the poor. The same old-boy network of Etonians running government that is still alive and well even in 2014.

Our financial systems are totally corrupt and self serving as well. They exist now only to help themselves and not to breathe life into the real economy that ordinary people have to live in underneath. Conservatives talk about the dangers of a state that is too large but the dangers of overgrown finance capitalism are never discussed or actually dealt with even after the events of 2008!!! It's an all-you-can-eat buffet at the top in their private and exclusive economy but only if you are the right kind of person, only if you are already rich or part of the aristocracy. All the while record numbers of people are being made homeless and others forced to rely on food banks because they cannot afford even to feed themselves. We even have a bedroom tax in the UK as well, which will punish the poor even more.

The attacks by the government on the freedom of the internet I also find sickening. Soon 'Esoteric' subjects will be blocked for people in the United Kingdom and that includes subjects like Astrology and the spiritual sciences.

Sorry for such a negative post but just wanted to say how I feel about it all! I'm not usually like this but the ops post struck a few chords with me as a self righteous 1984'er I've include my own chart as well if anyone is interested.

Maybe I'll start my own party!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Chart.gif (51.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Amnesia; 01-11-2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Adding detail
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amnesia For This Useful Post:
Zonark (01-12-2014)
  #21  
Unread 01-12-2014, 03:00 AM
Zonark's Avatar
Zonark Zonark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: chillin
Posts: 805
Re: Pluto in Scorpio: Revolutions on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
I was born in December of 1984 and I know exactly what the op is talking about.

I've always had a deep mistrust of authority figures ever since I was a little boy. I couldn't stand most of my teachers and I also hated going to school. Most of them came across as bullies and hypocrites.

I also held a similar contempt for organised religion and being forced to say prayers in school, but this view has softened somewhat since learning what really lies at the core of every great religion (but that is another topic entirely).

Interestingly a recent newspaper article mentioned that voter apathy was largely caused by anger towards politicians and I don't blame them! This increasingly authoritarian government relies more and more on punitive methods to punish the sections of society it does not like, ie. the poor. The same old-boy network of Etonians running government that is still alive and well even in 2014.

Our financial systems are totally corrupt and self serving as well. They exist now only to help themselves and not to breathe life into the real economy that ordinary people have to live in underneath. Conservatives talk about the dangers of a state that is too large but the dangers of overgrown finance capitalism are never discussed or actually dealt with even after the events of 2008!!! It's an all-you-can-eat buffet at the top in their private and exclusive economy but only if you are the right kind of person, only if you are already rich or part of the aristocracy. All the while record numbers of people are being made homeless and others forced to rely on food banks because they cannot afford even to feed themselves. We even have a bedroom tax in the UK as well, which will punish the poor even more.

The attacks by the government on the freedom of the internet I also find sickening. Soon 'Esoteric' subjects will be blocked for people in the United Kingdom and that includes subjects like Astrology and the spiritual sciences.

Sorry for such a negative post but just wanted to say how I feel about it all! I'm not usually like this but the ops post struck a few chords with me as a self righteous 1984'er I've include my own chart as well if anyone is interested.

Maybe I'll start my own party!
It is quite horrifying that in the 21st century the UK is choosing to outlaw esoteric academic subjects. That's just one of their government's numerous nanny state offenses though. A reprehensibly sheltered and stunted society. I can't say enough negatively about them.

Of course their partnership with the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand under the secretive 'Five Eyes' military intelligence oligarchic shadow government (to call a spade a spade) makes it just as likely to happen here as the NSA waxes unapologetic.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
horizon, pluto, revolutions, scorpio

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Medical Astrology Primer Jeremy Medical Astrology 43 04-13-2017 08:12 AM
Pluto in scorpio in 7th house? Badboykiller Houses & cusps 1 07-19-2011 01:22 PM
Any thoughts on these planetary relationships in going forward in a relationship rosedl Read My Chart 3 05-01-2011 10:13 PM
Scorpio Rising, Moon in Scorpio, Pluto in Scorpio maverick88 Read My Chart 7 07-14-2009 04:30 PM
When Will Pluto Be Reinstated as a Planet? Arian Maverick Horary Astrology 4 09-07-2006 11:21 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.