Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 11-27-2006, 01:26 PM

Re: Does your descendant describe your partner

I wonder if it does?
I am an aquarius ascendant so a Leo Descendant.
aqua 28D has north node 227/mars4/jupiter 15D
taurus has moon 21D
Leo has south node
virgo has Saturn Retro 6D
sagi has mercury 11 D
capricorn has sun 5 and venus 21D

My first husband was a mentally sick person. My 2 nd one was love of my life-but it broke up after birth of our daughter 20 years ago. Noone else has ever come in my life.
any Karmic connection?

Unread 11-27-2006, 08:31 PM

I though the descendant would be one of the indicators of the type of persona you'd basically be attracted to.
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:44 AM

Yes Aquarius, you are right. 7th house alone can not be the only indication. Mars for a women, Venus position for a Man are to be taken into consideration as well. 7th house can just as well be the way you are with your partner or, what sort of qualities you would like in a partner. The partner you get does not necessarily have those qualities found in the 7th, but maybe seen from your Mars, the sign it is in and the aspects Mars makes.
Unread 11-30-2006, 10:47 AM

dear star link
I did not understand this part of it.
I have a Leo which is my descendant house. I have aspect of Jupiter on it-but also aspects of north node, mars as well. what could it be??

in another case the acsendant is Virgo with south node in it. in pisces which is the descending house, there is Jupiter, North Node and venus-so how do we interpret either of these?

regds
asha
Unread 11-30-2006, 11:26 AM

Dear Ashakamath, In order to understand what you mean, I need to know a bit more. You tell me that your descendant falls in the Leo sign. This means that your Ascendant must be Aquarius. You write about a Jupiter, Mars and north node aspecting the 7th house (Descendant).I need to know what sort of aspects they are, otherwise you cannot tell. Is Jupiter conjunct the 7th house? (you mention: "on it"). The place where the North Node is found is considered to be a point of gain, increase and added confidence, the point in your horoscope you should strive toward to find fulfillment.
Where the north Node is, you are given or you take in. The South Node is where we give out, release or let go. It is the area where you must give or where you are taken from. It often shows the area where the person takes the easy way out.The axis where the nodes fall, also seem to indicate some sort of family interaction, so between 1 and 7 you could have visible character, personality or appearance traits in common with one of the parents or grandparents.(between 2 and 8, similar value systems as your parents etc.)
The other case where the Ascendant is Virgo, that must be another chart I suppose. (your partner or boyfriend?)In the 7th house of that chart you say : "there is" Jupiter etc. do you mean that they are in that 7th house? And what sort of aspects do they make?. You see, from placements and aspects alone you cannot get a full picture. You must look at the whole horoscope.

In many cases a Pisces Descendant and on top of that Jupiter in it, could mean more than one marriage (most double sign Descendants, so also Gemini). But it can also show a highly romantic sort of spouse, or your expectations being too high when it comes to a partner and therefore you could be prone to desillusions (Pisces). Everything is possible but you must know the rest as well. Hope this gives you some idea.
Unread 01-25-2007, 05:56 AM

Very interesting! My Descendant is Leo which is my hubbies Ascendant and his Descendant is Aquarious which is my Ascendant.
Unread 01-25-2007, 04:59 PM

My descendant(4ºCancer)doesn't describe my partners(when I have one ,which doesn't happen very often LOL).It does describe the type of person I''m atracted to.I usually go for boys who look sweet and innocent and in need for protection-basicly,just the typical Cancerian traits.Things usually go wrong cause,sometimes,their personality matches their look,and I end up discovering that that sweet looking guy is in fact very needy and extremly depressive!Having Jupiter in the7th,I prefer to be with people who are cheerful,philosophic and positive minded.So dependency is something I'm unconsciously atracted to-not something I like to deal with.
Unread 01-27-2007, 10:19 PM

Send a message via MSN to Summery Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laliqueviolin
Descendant Sagittarius 26°32'50

I am attracted to the very friendly and freedom-loving types. The type of people who are always having fun, having an adventure one day or on another.. like the beatnik Jack Kerouac! this intrigues me. It fits the description of whom I am always attracted to... the ones I can't ever have. I'm sure I can have them, but it would mean some great deal of freedom of space has to be involved, which can get complicating.

If there is someone who is too settled, I'll get bored. But if someone is too freedom-loving, I would want to be the one who wants a little "settling" down. Argh!

You're not alone, laliqueviolin. I have Dsc in Sag too and boy do I feel for you!
Unread 01-30-2007, 11:12 PM

Thank you Howl for the article!
My Descendant is in Capricorn (also my sun sign) how often does this happen?
Capricorn is also on the cusp of my 7th House. Mars in Pisces and Cancer is my rising sign... I DO like Pisces people a lot, of course not all people from the same sunsign are the same, but in general. Also, my chart has a lot of water and a lot of ''Saturn'' so i guess it all makes sense.
Unread 01-30-2007, 11:37 PM

Pearlized - I like your name . I also have a partner whose descendant is my ascendant, and vice versa. He has an 8" Capricorn ascendant, and I have an 11" Cancer ascendant. If you held our charts side by side and folded one over onto the other, the zodiac would almost match

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens more often (than it otherwise would statistically!) because partners with opposing ascendants will (generally) have opposing signs ruling the same houses. Maybe you have Pisces on the cusp of the second house, and he has Virgo, etc. Since each of these polarities represents an "opposite" approach to the "same" thing, I believe that there is a fundamental polar attraction. It feels like that anyway

Hey SunMoon! Um, about 1/12 of people have their sun in the same sign as their descandant . Why do you count Mars in Pisces as your rising sign? I can see that with a Capricron descendant (seventh house cusp) you'd have a Cancer ascendant (first house cusp) like me, heheh. I'm not sure how this links to Mars in Pisces though?
Unread 01-31-2007, 12:07 AM

Ahhh, I get it now! You are attracted to Pisceans because your mars is in Pisces (mars being considered an indicator of women's attraction to men, as Starlink pointed out), a separate point to your ascendant being Cancer. Sorry, misreading
Unread 01-31-2007, 01:50 AM

Oh wow, really? See, i didn't even know that about Mars. I did read the last page but i missed that part, i just noticed that someone mentioned what sign their Mars was on and so i did the same. And thanks for letting me know 1/12 of people have their sun in the same sign as their descendant, i didn't know that either.
Unread 01-31-2007, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howl
Mmm, I was thinking about this last night; all of the strong platonic friendships in my life are with people very strong in the signs and elements I have (air/fire) Many of the women who are important to me are of the same sun sign as my venus and moon.

However, there's a complete reversal when when I look at the guys I get involved with, all water and earth!

SS, I think you're onto something with your theory of "fulfilling" the presence of certain signs in your life in the form of other people. I have wondered before if I will attract/be attracted to partners 'less different' to me as I become more comfortable with 'using' the different qualities myself.
I have an air predominance, closely equaled by fire. My only earth and water placements are the most distant outer planets! Most of my close, platonic friends are also air/fire strong. Even my family members and I share some key personal planets, such as my Sister's Venus in Aquarius which conjuncts my Sun and loosely Mercury and Venus.

My descendant is in Sag, complete with a Sag Uranus and a Cappy Neptune hanging around. My brother is a Sag and I have some good friends who have key planets in Sag as well.

Last year, I met my lovely, wonderful girlfriend. I do agree with your theory about filling that elemental hole with a partner who is heavy in the elements that you lack. Well, my girlfriend has a stellium in Libra and several fire planets. BUT! She has her Mars in Virgo, an Earth sign! I think it was her Virgoan Mars that attracted me to her in the first place. Then it's her Libra, Aries, and Sag placements that keep me on my feet. Because of her and several other reasons, I love and appreciate people who have Mars in Virgo, and Mars in Earth signs in general.
Unread 01-31-2007, 11:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to yelena234 Send a message via Yahoo to yelena234

Hello MisSaturn,

This aspect: Sun square Neptun has my ex friend, and he was never Alcoholic. It is true, that he has smoked all his life, but smoking and drinking are two different things.

I have Sun in 7th, and understand myself very good with Leos. That doesn't mean, that I have boyfriend in Leo.

When somebody looks, what sign should be partner, then you look, where is your Mars? In what house? My Mars is in 10th, and most of my friends (more than that) are born in Capricorn, 10th sign. From other side, I am Taurus and Capricorn is ideal from that point.
Mars is also ruler of my 7th house. Men I know, are very athletic with good and nice body. It could be also somebody with uniform!

I am thinking to make some club, men born January 1st. For me, they are all attractive. Why that, I don't know.

Yelena
Unread 02-27-2007, 05:41 AM

I've got to confess I didn't read through this whole thread, but I've had an idea about the descendant tinkering around in my head for the past couple of weeks and I thought this would be a good place to plop my idea down. Maybe the descendant represents the qualities that we project onto our partners. My dec is pisces and I have quite a few partners in the past that I saw as incompetent or as barely able to take care of themselves. Mybe that wasn't how they really they were, maybe I just projected a helpless pisces quality onto them. Quite a few of the men I've dated have had a leo desc. I don't think of myself as acting very leoan, but about a month ago my boyfriend described me as having a bold dramatic look. He used some word like that. I can't remember which. Maybe the descendant is just the lens that we view our partners through.
Unread 02-27-2007, 07:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to astrobhadauria Send a message via MSN to astrobhadauria Send a message via Yahoo to astrobhadauria Send a message via Skype™ to astrobhadauria

Dear,
It is true that our descendant always support in personal life,and oppose in the out side life.I am living in India and there are more examples for the supporting and opposing with in the field.After reading about the nature and creativity for maintain the descendant,there are some my own thoughts those I collected from past readings of many charts,and also by the personaly contect.
If descendant is Aries,means there are more and more power of physical power,he or she always ruling home,related people,also mind thinking,what is thinking by opposite side,and how can he or she will maintain,if anybody will make short talk about the enmity,there are bisfot like a bomb.If anybody want to make insults of his or her partner,there are no ways to save by maker of insults.
If descendant is Taurus,there a big faith on couple and 90% long relations,with life partner,or with partner,if anybody leave partnership,Taurus always think in mind that he or she is alone in world and nobody can help him
If descendant is Gemini,there are double thinking in mind always,he or she has news of out side people,and in free time there are lots of stories,we can hear,private detectership is the formula,always thinking in mind to female child and always thinking in mind about conectivity,more speech also reason of disturb life.
If descendant is Cancer,there are full life depends on heart,this type person always change mind,there are all works by heart,they can not use mind,if a short talk feels him,they think for that whole time.They past living of grand father's time is genrely the point of discues.
If descendant is Leo,there are full depending on the life partner,if partner make food,then they can eat,if partner arrenge the stay they can live,like a Lion and lioness,you can see in the life of lion,always first atteck by lioness,then after killing the food lion goes slowly to the food,and when he eat the food,lioness make defence of the eating of food.
If descendant is Virgo,always happy life,no single works will be posible in personal life,always this type person want to make service and they know the indications of requirements,they can feel the imotions and make service in proper time.
If descendant is Libra,there are always thinking like a business person,more time they spend in the making balance,and more time they required for the making desisions.If there are a sexual requirement by the partner,first they think,if the cooperate for the sexual activity,what fruit will be posible,if there not profit seeing by him,they make a reasonable point and refuse the sexual activity.
If descendant is Scorpio,the mind always going to life partner,for making good and good in the family life and they can use witches,voodoo works,there are some thing feeling like he or she is not able make satishfection to him.But the partner always think to make good and good for him.
Unread 02-27-2007, 07:57 PM

My 7th house is empty. Cancer is on the cusp, all of Leo, and some Virgo to boot. My partners in life have been ecclectic in "signs", but all have some sort of Moon and Sun energy that is strong. I think the duality actually fits me well, since I have a direct opposition between Sun Capricorn and Moon Cancer.

I really thought that my Sabian Symbol for the DC proves this need for dualtiy also

24º Cancer (114): A WOMAN AND TWO MEN CASTAWAYS ON A SMALL ISLAND OF THE SOUTH SEAS.
The three "souls" in man-factional, emotional, mental -"exiled" in the body. Potential fulfillment.

TK

The Latest Blog
Unread 02-27-2007, 11:34 PM

Hello
I have Gemini on my Descendant, and the South Node is there too, I have never really settled down with anyone yet, also Saturn in Cancer in the 7th house. So I guess that makes me really picky about who I settle down with. I like to have to freedon/space to be who I am and hate to feel stifled.

The guys I like most and stick with most (can be counted on one hand!)usually have venus in Gemini.

The guys I am most attracted to are intelligent, dazzling me with their wit and humour, and are always older. They have a serious tone about them, are established in some way and are self reliant, but also a bit lighthearted, not too heavy! If I find someone who is too 'steady' I go off them in an instant. There has to be space and some sort of movement for me to stick to a guy, even if it is just an evening course one of us does, something outside of the relationship to keep it lively.

Neptune
Unread 02-28-2007, 02:17 AM

Starlink, you said:

'7th house can just as well be the way you are with your partner or, what sort of qualities you would like in a partner.'

I'd have to agree with that. I have mercury conjunct my cap desc - I definitely look for the chatty, quick-tongued mercury types as opposed to the saturnian types. Usually Geminis (I'm a sag) but I do have Sun in 6th conjunct Mer, so I do find Virgos generally quite stimulating. My most recent love interest has a gem desc.

I do find guys with Uranian flavour quite intriguing also - probably due to my aquarian venus.

Interesting thread!
Unread 02-28-2007, 03:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to astrobhadauria Send a message via MSN to astrobhadauria Send a message via Yahoo to astrobhadauria Send a message via Skype™ to astrobhadauria

24º Cancer (114): A WOMAN AND TWO MEN CASTAWAYS ON A SMALL ISLAND OF THE SOUTH SEAS.
Ashlesha Nakshatra: Spread from 16:40' to 30: degree Karkata(Cencer). Chandra(Moon) is the lord. It is the birth star of Ketu(South Node of Moon). Symbol-coiled up snake. It is the nature of a snake to hide himself, to encircle and entwine, to creep on the chest, to embrace, and to enjoy or unite surreptitiously. All this is an attribute of Ashlesha also. The cunningness of the serpent, its devious nature, the burning sensation of poison and pain along with all consequences that poison connotes are to be read in the constitution of Ashlesha. The virtues and vices of the serpent are all in it. Chandra(Moon) in Aslesha sicklied over with various faults in great intensity. Whoever would have his or her karmapathi (Lord of the 10th house) or bhagyapathi (Lord of the 9th house) in this star would run the risk of having all his or her principal acts in life handicapped, jeopardised or spoiled by many kinds of danger and obstruction. If the Lagna(Asc) is in this star, the native would possibly be of willy disposition. Such people would like to work in secret and their words would carry the sting of poison.
Those born in the star Aslesha are cruel, daring and angry; they probably co-habit with people of same sex and animals like cow, according to Narasimha Prayoga Parijata(A Book of Indian God Narshimha). They travel aimlessly, do undesirable jobs, harmful to his own and other people; they are proud and suffer on account of sex starvation. They are angry and are strong like lion; they know Brahman(Worshiper and religious person in Hindu community) and dependent on others for life. They are cruel to all beings, pay fines by doing sinful acts, unstable minded, and fearful. They are always sad, serve others, short temptered, and vary bad persons. They are childish, slow in the work of their lord (nidhana-drohi), wide eyed, endowed with fish sign in eyes, develop enemity with his own people, highly stingy and stubborn.
Those born in the third pada(Foot) are chatter boxes, slow, idle, interested in doing silly jobs, stingy and thieves. They suffer from windy diseases.
Unread 02-28-2007, 10:42 AM

Hi Astrobhadauria
My descendant is in Scorpio I don't know if it is the same degree as my ascendant which is 25.37 Taurus. In Vedic how does this describe my partner and his personality - please answer.

Moonshine
Unread 02-28-2007, 03:51 PM

Dear,
Vrischika (Scorpio) descendant The body of the native of this descendant is well proportioned. Hands are generally long. The stature is above average. Face is broad with commanding appearance. Such natives have generally a good personality. The native of this lagna is a particulary determined individual. He will crush the obstacles before him and move forward. He has a fertile imagination and sharp intelligence. He is emotional but possesses remarkable intuitive power. He has self assertion, courage, resolution, independence and forcefulness. He is highly sexy and has relations with many women. A good Vrischika native evinces great interest in occult sciences and spritual experiments. The natives of this lagna have a harsh tongue. They are revengeful and vindicative. They love to criticise others and establish their superiority. The domestic life of a person with this lagna can be happy only if every member of the family is submissive to him.
Unread 05-06-2007, 09:13 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

Actually, it not only describes your partner but what kindof people you are attracted to.

i have Aquarius 23 aquarius.
my uranus conj sun, merc, trine mars, square saturn. I must have an oddball goofball person next to me.. i cannot stand normal people.

Tik
Unread 05-18-2007, 07:56 PM

Descendant in Aries 24degree's 16' 24
7th House has Jupitor in Aries
and Chiron in Aries
Unread 02-15-2008, 10:05 AM

Scorpio descendant 2°36'20 here!

I agree with Howl description about each sign descendant. But i dont really like possesive or intense partner, they tend to make me runaway from them...

So far, none of my previous partner or current one describe my descendant or vice versa. And I never attract any Scorpio person in my life ( real love relationship I mean). I dunno why Gemini person always come in and out as my partner.

And currently, now Im with Cancer person. And it's like riding a roller coaster...

Tags
descendant, describe, partner