Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Spiritual Realm

Spiritual Realm This is the place for deep conversations on the divine, spiritual, esoteric, metaphysical, and arcane in your life.

Unread 03-28-2010, 06:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi
Re: are the new energies changing the rules of astrology?

Quote:
Lilith is a point in space that is a point of activation...not unlike Arabic Parts, it is valid!
That's actually incorrect. Lilith is a hypothetical planet that has long since been discovered to not be there, the Arabic parts are a blending of planetary influences.

Quote:
the rest of what you give here are all asteroids [I assume, as I have only heard of a few of them] and I already stated my case as per concerning the asteroids.
Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are 'Planets' [regardless of what some astrologers/astronomers say about Pluto...it is a most influential and profound Planet]...just what and whose rules are you quoting here?
So, the words of astronomers/astrologers are only good when they agree with you that Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto are planets? That doesn't seem very fair. Also, even if the asteroids are from a planet that used to exist there (as far as I was aware the jury was still out on if there was ever a planet there at all, haven't looked into it for awhile so there may be some now evidence), they are still there and would have some kind of influence, no? You sound almost as picky and random as you're making me out to be.

Quote:
Well said, Kai. My point is that BOTH are important. Your method is quite good at getting a clear "yes" or "no". But when a chart shows a "NO", or "not likely - too many obstacles", then the way I read a chart often uncovers the reasons as to "why" you're getting a "no", and if there's anything you need to change about your self in order to get a "yes" answer on that question or another similar opportunity in the future.
So does mine. ASpect won't perfect because Saturn intervenes? What does Saturn represent in the chart. That's what's going to hinder or stop it. Sometimes it's something the querent can control (like themselves) and sometimes it's another person that the querent can't control.

Quote:
Also, often I've found that the person wasn't really wanting to know a clear "yes" or "no". They may think that they were, but what they really wanted to know was some understanding that will help them to be at peace about the subject, or to be able to see something about the situation that they weren't seeing before. This is why some of the charts on here are so fuzzy for you to read your way - the question isn't really about a "yes" or "no".
I disagree. Generally when someone has a fuzzy chart that means they don't know what they want to ask. Everyone wants a yes or no answer to a question, that's why they ask it, but sometimes people aren't sure what question they want to know an answer to and often complicate things by meaning one thing and saying another. We've had several of those, and all they do is give headaches, heh.

Unread 03-28-2010, 07:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to freedomlover

You're missing the point, Kai. You're leaving out the human side of it. I'm not going to bang my head against a wall anymore.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Unread 03-28-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercethevale View Post
...Freedomlover...now that you're through with that 'Wall' can I borrow it for awhile?
Why -- have you worn a hole through yours?

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi

Quote:
and here's yet another example of a 'point in space' that must be of consideration in chart analysis, the Nodes.
They're eclipse points, and you'll notice how little work there is involved with them.

Quote:
Read what this author of astrologyweeklys own staff had to say about them and also pay attention to the fact that the author disagrees with 'Traditional Astrology Lore' in that Sagittarius and Gemini are reputed to be the 'Domicile Rulers' of the North and South Node respectively
I disagree with that too. Firstly, the North and South Node don't have domiciles. Secondly, Gemini and Sagittarius are ruled by Mercury and Jupiter in the tradition. Thirdly, Gemini and Sagittarius are said to be the exaltations of the North and South Node, not their domiciles, but that's not something that's used very often.
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:07 PM

Thinking more about your original question, flea........

I've come up with this: The new energies are calling for expansion of consciousnesses. The new energies are flooding the Earth and affecting all areas of human existence and activity. So why would astrology be excluded?

Unread 03-28-2010, 11:24 PM

Thought provoking question

I think we are constantly evolving, so concepts and ideas naturally follow, just my thoughts on this. We as a race have the ability to learn things and accumulate experiences, this goes into our DNA, becomes imprinted on the brain. Experiences include learning about the energies of the planets, and points. I guess that could suggest that the original ideas of astrology, possibly, become affected by evolution, we have the base of knowledge that first came about. We have collectively experienced alot of life since those times, so the original concepts still exist but have new knowledge added to them.

Lilith for example I have been following in my own chart, logging my own experiences. People used to say she was some type of Demoness fearful woman. When I first saw this point in transit I was terrified. Not that much information on her out there on the net. I followed her transits, finding these fears and original concepts not quite accurate.

Same with Uranus, some descriptions made this sky god sound quite scary! But with him being in transit to one of my planets this last year, I have learned to develop new ideas to add to the original concepts.

I have read a bit about the collective consciousness, I have no way of proving or disproving this theory, but I don't feel I'm the only one in the human race who is exploring new ways of viewing and understand the world.
I feel we are evolving as a race, but this is happening all the time anyways. These times do seem to be more interesting though.

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:32 PM

Also, I believe as we evolve, we discover, in astrology, new points and planets when we reach that state of enlightenment and understanding as a human race. I can be controversial and describe a mobile phone, we don't see a phone call travelling through the air to reach our phones, but it gets there. We do not have to see everything for it to have an effect on us. What about Reiki, or energy healing, or our own auras?

Jupiter return on my 3rd house Jupiter makes me write, hopefully not too much.

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Unread 03-29-2010, 04:06 AM
Senior Member, Educational board Editor

Back to Flea's question:
I have spent a few hours pondering this (while I was busy with housework!) and I thought about decumbiture astrology. How different that may have been back in the 1700s when so few illnesses were curable. I'm going to be a bit controversial here and raise a question (not saying I believe it personally but just putting up an idea).
Around the time Uranus was discovered there was also concurrently a technological revolution beginning-new inventions etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...ric_inventions

Often now when I read a decumbiture chart and see a positive aspect between the Lord of H6 or H1 to uranus, I automatically think *Technology may help this person survive who once may have died*.Now before Uranus was known to be there, it wasn't an option and nor were the treatments Uranus could well describe.
Interestingly, Uranus has also been attributed the characteristic of *unpredictability* but a more cynical side of my nature thinks that that occurred because the true applications of Uranus (if there are any) can't possibly be known yet-1781 it was found.We havent really had much time to study it in depth.

So I think Flea, if you are saying that our interpretations of astrology might change as other things change, I think there is a truth in the organic nature of the Universe.
We are still learning about the outer planets and their possible role in our lives.Try interpreting your own natal without the outers and see what you come up with..(I'd prefer it, I'd be cutting out a square or two!!)
I see the change more as a widening of perspective. I'm interested in the forthcoming sat/Ur Pluto T-square. If nothing major happens, then I guess we could read that as Pluto and Uranus not being the big players some astrologers consider them to be. From a Modernist point of view, that transit should be very significant. From a traditional point of view, it wouldn't even exist.
Going back to the decumbiture idea, in William Lilly's day there were no radiation treatments for cancer etc..yet his interpretation of a planet being combust and burnt by the sun certainly can be applied to radiation treatments in our times.So I wonder if it is indeed *all covered* by what was known in astrology even before these modern advances.
Just raising a few points that I hope relate to your question, Flea.
(BTW PTV, I don't in any way regard Kai as ignorant. Passionate? Yes Knowledgeable? yes. Well studied? yes.And yes, we don't always agree, but I totally respect and value Kai's sensible and rational discussion on these topics)
Cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:22 AM

Freedomlover.
The new energies are calling for expansion of consciousnesses. The new energies are flooding the Earth and affecting all areas of human existence and activity. So why would astrology be excluded?

What new energies are you referring to? What's happening in the sky now that hasn't ever happened before?

EJ:
not everyone will be astrologically aware/conscious enough to link the "happening" to the generational influences of these planets, and very few will be sufficiently sensitive to relate to their influence at the personal level.

On what is this assumption based? Are you saying, if you don't personally *experience* that forthcoming transit, you are somehow less evolved than those who purport to?

There have always been people who claim that their experience is somehow more valid than others.That does not invalidate the experiences of others.
Why do you think something *new* IS happening? On what is this assertion actually based?
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:24 AM

Haizea you would have experienced that square every year of your life. What changed, was your awareness of it.
cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:42 AM

I just don't think it's valid to ascribe the events on one day as being Plutonian. You'd have to consider what other planets were doing too. I don't think we can isolate one aspect and say *that was the reason xyand z happened*-the planets work as a team on our charts.
Mercury's whats usually involved when our DVD players etc break down, in my experience. Because Uranus is so slow (and so far away),it is most unlikely to trigger any event by itself.
It is the personal planets that most impact on our lives.
Every year since birth you've had the sun square your Pluto-For that day to be extraordinary in one year, something else must have also been going on that does not happen every year.
Cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:08 PM

wow...this thread has touched on something I think. I start many threads that go absolutely no where, but this one has really sparked people's interest.

I read somewhere.....astronomy wise that jupiter neptune and a few others actually emit more energy than they receive from the sun...interesting dont you think!!

Percy Seymour a scientist and astronomer http://www.tmgnow.com/repository/sol...yseymour1.html talks about the possibility of astrology having some basis due to the electro magnetic fields created by the planets.... universe etc.

And so many stars that we see today in the sky do not exist and have not for millions of years.....how does that impact fixed star astrology...when a star goes from being a star to a black hole surely that changes things.

A point from myself.... the universe is so complex...i am not sure the human brain is capable of assimilating it all into a coherent whole.... we makes models of systems that inherently simplify realtiy...but we can then apply logic to it. And each of those models can be as individual as we are....hence the lack of agreement on points of knowledge....comes with the territory...but it is fun and helps us all to clarify what we are resolving in our minds.

Ahh ggod point lilly...my chart would be totally different without the outer planets and chiron. Go have a look.

As for pluto being sole cause....it can happen not frequently......my case in point late Jan 2003 transiting pluto conjuncted my sun....which squared my natal P U and Uranus. My life turned upside down and inside out.......I had an exit that I deceided not to take and many other things happened including family, relationships, career.....the whole lot.
I would not know where to begin to understand astrology without those outer planets. All my shadow stuff and wounds came out in spectacular fashion........and started me really taking a deeper interest in astrology. If anyone can explain it without pluto....would be happy to hear it.....as Pluto was day perfect!!

I suppose this thread has touched on trad astrology rules (accitdentally by me who loosely used the word rule) which has brought up something cool too.

I am interested in for example the notion that jupiter is benific and satrun malefic.....I see them as teachers with equal weight neither good not bad....one teaches through excess one teaches through restriction......that feel slike a subtle changing of the rules....but someone may beg to differ......

FleaXX

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...m/322chart.gif
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:44 PM

Flea, et al,
I am interested in for example the notion that jupiter is benific and satrun malefic.....I see them as teachers with equal weight neither good not bad....one teaches through excess one teaches through restriction......that feel slike a subtle changing of the rules....but someone may beg to differ......

Well in Traditional ,Jupiter is said to be benefic when it's in the sign of it's exaltation or dignity-yes-as it is now. When it's in the sign of its Fall or detriment, it can fall from grace so to speak..and act in a less benefic way.Some Trads argue it can act in a malefic way at worst, and I suspect that's the case.
With Saturn, the Trads take a harsher view, from what I've read. In Trad, Saturn can be malefic, or if in Fall/detriment, even more malefic.
Shades of grey, in fact.
Most of the Modern astrologers have watered down Saturn's original implications.And I can see that idea has merit in natal astrology(-but not in horary.).
To me, Saturn is a stern teacher, a heavy duty task master..*what doesn't kill you makes you stronger* kind of idea. With Jupiter I see how it can blow things out of proportion.Jupiter/Neptune together brought the Haiti Earthquake/flooding if I recall correctly.(And if Neptune *doesn't affect us*, then Jupiter did that all by itself).

In a natal chart a lot can be deduced about a person's level of responsibility in life by looking at their Saturn (and Mars too of course).Saturn rules over the structures in our life not only the strictures.Potentially I think we can learn from any experience we have, whether it be easy on us or hard on us.Astrology's great in helping us pinpoint our weak spots, Achilles heel etc and if we can find out what we are needing to learn even tough transits will be very helpful to us.
(I think I'm agreeing with you, Flea)
Cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:50 PM

LILLY!!!
Agreeing?.....mmm dangerous.... I ponder so much and try different hats on...always give myself the freedom to change my mind....but wait hey...science does that too...maybe i am not such an oddball.

I think we are getting more appreciative of boths sides of the coin these days... not so black and white.....which ties in with the idea of duality dissolving at the moment too.

I would like your opinion on my chart just a quick one.....my trad chart is quite benign...and then the mother of all t-squares appears when chiron and the outer planets come into play.....I relate far more to the mod one...due to my pluto experiences....which have opened up a new life so hard tho they were/are I dont begrudge them one bit!!
FleaXXX

Unread 03-29-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I agree, NR...With the original/traditional ideas of astrology, evolution can be examined only through planetary zodiac cycles of 30 years (Saturn) and two-planet conjunction cycles of 20 years (Saturn/Jupiter) or less...But, with the revised/modern ideas, this planetary zodiac cycle is extended to 248 years (Pluto) and the two-planet cycle to around 500 years (Pluto/Neptune)...
But this begs the question as to how useful that is to us, and just exemplifies my point further that the outer planets are irrelevant to us. 6 human life spans are just barely enough to fit into a 500 year period. Also, Saturn/Jupiter cycles are more like 60 years, which more accurately aligns itself with a human lifespan.

Quote:
And so many stars that we see today in the sky do not exist and have not for millions of years.....how does that impact fixed star astrology...when a star goes from being a star to a black hole surely that changes things.
But we on earth still see these stars are being there, and will for several hundred thousand years (if not million) to come.

Quote:
...However, we cannot use these outer planets in astrology unless we revise the original rule about "light/visibility"......(as imo the scientific discovery of invisible "light-bending" black holes suggests we should.)
I wasn't aware that theoretical physics/quantum physics had any bearing on the science of astrology.

Quote:
I would like your opinion on my chart just a quick one.....my trad chart is quite benign...and then the mother of all t-squares appears when chiron and the outer planets come into play.....I relate far more to the mod one...
The biggest reason I've seen why people feel this way is the misunderstanding between traditional and modern techniques. Moderns emphasize aspects way more than the tradition does, while at the same time doing away with almost everything related to planetary strength and function.

Quote:
And the discovery of each outer planet announces that our Civilisation has achieved the awareness needed to understand the next
Trust me, we are not more spiritually aware than the civilizations who actually used to live with the spirits, and I don't mean just a few people in those civilizations, but entire populations in cities living with spirits and the representations of their gods.

One question that I would like to have answered is why the vast majority of modern astrologers continue to use geocentric horoscopes.
Unread 03-29-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyjgc View Post
Freedomlover.
The new energies are calling for expansion of consciousnesses. The new energies are flooding the Earth and affecting all areas of human existence and activity. So why would astrology be excluded?

What new energies are you referring to? What's happening in the sky now that hasn't ever happened before?
lillyjgc,

I'm referring to the "new energies" that flea was referring to in her original question. Those of the "New Age" persuasion are always hearing about the "new energies" that are flooding the Earth. It has to do with God and the angels and Ascended Masters, and the dispensation the Earth is presently undergoing. From my understanding, it has to do with personal vibrations getting more positive, allowing for more love and light to be dispensed on Earth than was previously possible... or something like that..... I've read some about them, but flea can probably elaborate better than I can.

So my understanding is that these "new energies" aren't referring to anything new astrologically, but more as to how we, as the human race, are using the astrological energies for positive and not negative, allowing for the Higher Realms to interact with us more and bring us even more love and light. This is taking us - as a species - to a place we've never been before - maybe not for eons, depending on where your beliefs are on that matter.

(At least I hope this is what you were referring to, flea. I've misunderstood so many people on here lately. LOL!)

Last edited by freedomlover; 03-29-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Unread 03-29-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53 View Post
I agree, NR...With the original/traditional ideas of astrology, evolution can be examined only through planetary zodiac cycles of 30 years (Saturn) and two-planet conjunction cycles of 20 years (Saturn/Jupiter) or less...But, with the revised/modern ideas, this planetary zodiac cycle is extended to 248 years (Pluto) and the two-planet cycle to around 500 years (Pluto/Neptune)...

but not everyone will be astrologically aware/conscious enough to link the "happening" to the generational influences of these planets, and very few will be sufficiently sensitive to relate to their influence at the personal level.

EJ

EJ This correlates with my understanding.

I like to go from personal experience as much as I can so I'm able to talk about things from experience. This goes for astrology aspects amongst other things. I have found the outer planets to have definate effects on the points they touch in my chart.

But like you say, it just happens that some people miss the effects of these transits. Nothing wrong with that, it just happens. Some sensations in the human body you cannot miss, like acute pain, whereas some you have to really tune in to that space to feel them. Doesn't mean they are not there, just means we are not tuned in to that vibration.

Unread 03-30-2010, 01:10 AM

thanks Freedomlover....

I dont profess to know....just that my experiences allow for these changes people are talking about....and i have undergone many shifts since 2000. Working with energy...whether healing meditation or just intent....does have an impact in physcial luife....just not one that is easily explainable for me....it is an experience. Maybe that is why I paint rather than do science?? The medium can express all i need it to.

Maybe it is not about astrology at all..... as it is a simplified model of all that is which allows for subtle shifts in the all that is without needing to change the model.

Thank you Olivia.....my knowledge of trad astrology is not even passable....but i understand the terms.... Strength and condition of planets....makes sense.... and thanks for sharing your theosophical knowledge. Evolution of soul is a very interesting idea to have come so recently.....maybe this is an example of the shift in rules....that can take place as our ideas of who we are change. We not being everyone but the ones that needed to change the rules.

Hope this makes sense

FleaXX

Unread 03-30-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
I based my calculation of the cycle on Saturn/Jupiter being conjunct in Taurus in February 1941 and again in February 1961, 20 years later.
No, you're right, I'm sorry. I have no idea what I was thinking about when I wrote that. EDIT: I think I may have been thinking of triple conjunction cycles... :P OH well.

Quote:
By looking at the Neptune/Pluto related events of the previous 500 year, we can ascertain and apply their astrological lessons to the current 500 year cycle......to create a better present and future for us all, due to increased awareness of the Evolutionary Plan (and what we need to do to achieve it.)
This is all assuming that there is an evolutionary plan. Olivia already provided us with a history as to how those ideas came about, so it seems less than likely given their shady history.

Quote:
Sadly Kai, "I wasn't aware..." is just another way of saying "I am not prepared to consider..."
Not at all. It's asking you to do something besides offer conjecture. I don't even see where there is room for overlap between astrology and quantum/theoretical physics, so I'm interested in what you think. Also, I don't think light bends without severe gravitational influence, of which there is nothing like that between us and the light the planets emit towards us.

Quote:
Yes, Kai......But, where have I said that is not so?......My whole argument revolves around the belief that our Civilisation is only re-discovering what was known by earlier Civilisations.
It's not so much that you personally have said it - you may have, I don't recall right now - but things you have said sound so familiar to things other people have said when they wish to imply that our modern day civilization is becoming more spiritually aware than the ancients and that is why we have the modern planets now. The whole idea is backwards and confusing.

Also, older civilizations did not have the outer planets, so how are they indicative of rediscovery and not indicative of supposed overreaching of the ancients in terms of spiritual understanding?

Quote:
Because the awareness of humans/earth-dwellers has not yet evolved to a point where we can learn to respond consciously to galactic rather than Universal planetary forces.
Wrong. The correct answer is that earth-based perspective still matters in astrology and that is seen in modern astrology by the continued usage of the geocentric horoscope. Why the earth-based perspective only matters when it comes to house calculation and not planetary influence is beyond me, and I see it as a major hole in the modern philosophy. It's been interesting to have it explained to me with such strange, pseudo-esoteric words though.

Last edited by Kaiousei no Senshi; 03-30-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
I referred to the bending of light by black holes as an example of how our understanding of the Universe has changed in modern times, and to that change as a possible indication of the need to review our understanding of the "rules" of astrology.
But it has not changed enough to move us off of Earth-based perspectives like geocentric charts. So how do modern understandings of the workings of the universe change the earth-based perspective?

Quote:
So, Kai......you are prejudging what I am saying, because it "sounds like" something you've heard others say before and disagree with...
It's duck syndrome. If it walks like a duck... You get it.

Quote:
The older civilisations to which I have referred were (imo) aware of the outer planets, and perhaps others that we have not yet re-discovered.
There's no proof of that.

Quote:
But why......given that the thread is about conjecture?
Ho-ho! Touche!

Quote:
I thought that was what I'd said, Kai......perhaps the strange, pseudo-esoteric words used in my explanation confused you.
Lol, maybe. But where's the line? Why is what's good for the goose not good for the gander?
Unread 04-01-2010, 09:04 AM

ok now back to the question........what are peoples experiences of the energies at the moment....it is neither good nor bad whether you are feeling anything at the moment...it just is...And I am interested in talking to the people that are feelingt he energies....as this is what the thread is about??

FleaXX

Unread 04-05-2010, 09:42 PM

Question Re: Are the New Energies changing the rules of astrology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea View Post

Dont seem to be making myself heard as i want to be but will be perservering...

FleaXX
Hi Flea, long time no talk. Great question and direction as usual, but I suspect it won't be heard by many here but keep trying.

It is consciousness that's changing, evolving, and naturally that will alter our perspectives about "astrology" just like everything else. Humanity is evolving whether some people like it or not...deal with it people!

Like you said about things not being "...good or bad..." which means NOT polarized, but within a new higher frequency state of being and awareness...a third more unified and integrated state above the two lower polarized battling sides. This too is a big clue as to our current and compressed evolution into both a new Age (Aquarius) and the new High Heart (Leo) consciousness that goes along with it - but here comes the punch line imo - within a higher dimension (5D) than prior Ages within polarized 3D.

Consciousness is evolving which naturally means our perception of astrology and everything else will reflect what we're currently capable of perceiving. Life on the cusp of Ages is a big, scary, pain in the brain for most folks.

TRANSITIONS http://deniselefay.wordpress.com
Unread 04-19-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
Unfortunately, the rules of astrology have already changed once back in the 1880s thanks to the misguided money-seeking workings of one man. It's only recently that these notions have been challenged by resurrection of the previous rules.

The revolutions of the spheres don't change, the signs don't change, the aspects don't change, etc, etc. The only thing that changes is man's attempt to change everything to fit his worldview and his attempt to grasp at false hope.

Are new energies changing the rules of astrology? Hardly. I'm pretty sure arrogance can hardly be termed "new".
This is worded better than I could possibly repeat.

Just because something is new doesn't mean its more 'progressive'. I do horary professionally IRL now, and find myself answering the exact same sorts of questions that are used in ancient texts - people always have the same concerns, the same needs, and in the modern day, the older forms of astrology often have far more relevance than the new. I can give someone a practical and accurate answer considering 7 planets, and they are shocked at the relevancy they have to their predicament. I have never had anyone as impressed when I attempt to read using the modern methods.

For thousands of years, people have seen the way out of the yoke and harness, and it is hard. There is no easy path to self-mastery. Like dieting, you can buy the pills and try the fads, but in the end, the only method that works (without a lap band) is dedicated exercise, disciplined intake, and an emotionally secure attitude towards oneself and our world.

“What is the above is from the below and the below is from the above. The work of wonders is from one." - The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus
Unread 04-19-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53 View Post
So......the traditional astrology rule is "if we cannot see it, we ignore it because it doesn't affect us"...but modern technology enables us to see it...so, do we still ignore it because it doesn't affect us?
I wonder about this too?

Traditional astrologers still utilize Pluto don't they? They don't seem to discount it at any rate. And even now as Pluto as been demoted....that doesn't appear to change its effects?

Course I could read further and see that the answer has already been given. lol.

My placidius chart
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...natalchart.gif

My Vedic chart
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...10withdasa.jpg

Sun conjunct Jupiter: I am almost always in a good mood.

Here to learn astrology.
Unread 04-19-2010, 05:40 AM

This has been a fascinating thread to read.....

Ah Lapis long time no see....yep I keep persisting to find answers. There are some who understand what I am going on about some who dont....but that is not a maater of right or wrong it is more a case of the direction of your passion....and mine is more aligned with yours......Thanks for bringing up the polarity issue....I do love the symmetry of the traditional rulers...each planet having a male and female sign to shine through...... I wonder if this polarity is a base cause of the changes I am feeling.

I like discussing saturn and jupiter....and how one sees them as good or bad.... makes me think about a world where we just accept both neither good nor bad.....a part of an amazing fabric of life.

Luckily I get bored easy so difficult is not necessary seen as a pain! All that mutable enrgy in my chart is well suited to the times.....my challenge is grounding!!

Amy...I didn't think pluto was any part of trad astro...very much a part if mod astro...pluto being demoted to me is the planet living up to the energy of being the shadow...the taboo bits the truths no one wants to see....so no wonder the demotion really. Personally I have respect for the enlightenment thaat has followed big pluto transits.

FleaXX