What Would They Excel In?

Jaded

Premium Member
Hello All,

This summer my girls are of age to start dance, sports, or something to build them a good foundation.

My question is what would they really excel in?

My oldest wants to do some kind of martial arts, and my youngest daughter wants to do dance.

Some of you may say just try and see what they like, but I already invested time and funds putting my oldest daughter in dance and she hated it. :annoyed: An experienced opinion would really help me out. :biggrin:

I take my kids future very seriously, and they come from a home of musicians and athletes. I'm ready to start them off right.

Any comments are much appreciated :love:

-Jade

My youngest daughters chart...
image.gif

Kitchy

Banned
Hi Jade -

Looking at your oldest's chart -

She has Moon ruled 1st with Mars in 1st. This tells me she is a child with a good inkling of what she wants because she has a clear sense of herself. I would listen to her when she tells you what she wants, because it seems she is quite sure of it.

As well, Scorpio on 5th house cusp - scorpio traditionally ruled by Mars - 5th is the house often associated with outward physical expressions - sports/athletics - something very physical. Mercury in 5th is likely to make her quick and agile with her hands as well - so martial arts makes sense.

Moon in 12th in trine to Merc in 5th - if she were to choose martial arts - seeing that her Asc (identity of self) is ruled by moon and in a house of inward thinking and learning - she would likely be very comfortable in a dojo and would find emotional satisfaction in the disciplinary teachings of her masters. It appears she could find a lifetime structure in such practice - mind, body, spirit.

Her 3rd 9th with Saturn Uranus opposing tells me she is not one who will enjoy sitting around in book study or anything that requires her to spend time reading - as she has a physicality that she will be compelled to express.

It surprises me that she didn't enjoy dance - but it is likely that she didn't want to be doing the same thing as others all at once - 'lost in the crowd' so to speak. With Merc ruled 12th and Merc in 5th - her activities are probably best suited for her own private expression rather than that of group activities.

Jaded

Premium Member
Hi Jade -

Looking at your oldest's chart -

She has Moon ruled 1st with Mars in 1st. This tells me she is a child with a good inkling of what she wants because she has a clear sense of herself. I would listen to her when she tells you what she wants, because it seems she is quite sure of it.

As well, Scorpio on 5th house cusp - scorpio traditionally ruled by Mars - 5th is the house often associated with outward physical expressions - sports/athletics - something very physical. Mercury in 5th is likely to make her quick and agile with her hands as well - so martial arts makes sense.

Moon in 12th in trine to Merc in 5th - if she were to choose martial arts - seeing that her Asc (identity of self) is ruled by moon and in a house of inward thinking and learning - she would likely be very comfortable in a dojo and would find emotional satisfaction in the disciplinary teachings of her masters. It appears she could find a lifetime structure in such practice - mind, body, spirit.

Her 3rd 9th with Saturn Uranus opposing tells me she is not one who will enjoy sitting around in book study or anything that requires her to spend time reading - as she has a physicality that she will be compelled to express.

It surprises me that she didn't enjoy dance - but it is likely that she didn't want to be doing the same thing as others all at once - 'lost in the crowd' so to speak. With Merc ruled 12th and Merc in 5th - her activities are probably best suited for her own private expression rather than that of group activities.

-Kitchy

You are so right, she really can't sit still and focus on mundane tasks. She gets A's and has been Citizen of the month two times this year. I have to stay on top of homework tho haha. Her teachers love her. She's a very obedient and sweet girl. I think I'm going to bank on the martial arts.

It's my youngest who has a bit of an attitude towards any athority :rightful:
Although she is brilliant like her sister they are night and day. My youngest is very girly.

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment.

-Jade

Kitchy

Banned
often, when younger siblings within close age see their older siblings acting on and realizing their potential - the younger one becomes very interested in doing the same. that's where the rub of parenthood comes in - finding the outlets for the younger one to achieve without it being all about the older kid's success.

if younger daughter has respect/admiration for bigger sis - then definitely point your oldest into directions of her choosing and that stuff can and will rub off if it's not seen as competition or authority - but by mentoring.

best - K

Jaded

Premium Member
Kitchy,

Thanks for the reply. Often my younger two follow my oldest like a shadow lol. They still have time to figure out what they enjoy.

Hopefully one is into cooking!!! Possibly gourmet? A mom can dream haha :)

-Jade

Kitchy

Banned
Jaded -

I only raised one son - so the sibling stuff is more theoretical on my part - but I spent a lot of my own parenting time with friends & family who had the close-in-age sibling rivalry going on amongst them - my observations.

As for your younger daughter - Venus ruler of ascendant and sun-venus conjunct in 5th in sun's preferred house! A showstopper, eh? It's extremely likely that she'll be into the more glamorous aspects of her life - /theatrical- screen - performance or such. "watch me shine," kind of stuff. With Saturn ruling MC and Saturn in 6th - she'll be willing to work for fame of her choosing. Ruler of MC sextile Sun/Venus in 5th is her stand out benefit for being a one-person show.

(what's with the huge 12th/6th? Alaska weird lat/long's eh? is that up by Fairbanks?)

Caution needed on that moon-neptune-mars grand trine in her 3/6/12th - certain trickery/deceptions/shady actions might be a part of her daily self-structure if she learns she can get away with that stuff early on - such as feeling 'lost in the middle' of her older and younger sibs and maybe thinking her activities or behaviors can fly under the radar if she feels no one is tracking her every move - which I would encourage you to do! Track her every move and let her know that you and the rest of the family have eyes in the back of your heads.

Pluto/Jup/Merc in grand trine too - she will have NO problem letting people know exactly what she thinks and she might get herself into a bit of trouble for having a free thinking mouth or mind about matters - with great intensity and exaggerated sting if she thinks she needs to drive the point home to somebody.

I'm just gonna venture to say - in both jest and seriousness - you'll have your hands full with your younger daughter.

It's probably a blessing that you and your husband are military - where respect, authority and order are typically enforced in manners of communication and rank in household, as in career.

She's got fabulous potential to be a Star in the public's eye.

Maybe, with moon ruler of 4th and moon in 6th - if she does show interest in cooking - nurture it - it's a good placement for foodies who actually enjoy, get emotional nourishment from the activities of cooking. (Do you ever watch the young chef shows on t.v.? I'm a total cooking freak - and some of those kids make me embarrassed at how I pale to their creativity and showmanship).

:wink:

Last edited:

Retro

Banned
Your youngest daughter would be fit for dancing. Venus conjunct Sun.
As for your oldest daughter, I cannot perceive many hints in her chart.

Jaded

Premium Member
Jaded -

I only raised one son - so the sibling stuff is more theoretical on my part - but I spent a lot of my own parenting time with friends & family who had the close-in-age sibling rivalry going on amongst them - my observations.

As for your younger daughter - Venus ruler of ascendant and sun-venus conjunct in 5th in sun's preferred house! A showstopper, eh? It's extremely likely that she'll be into the more glamorous aspects of her life - /theatrical- screen - performance or such. "watch me shine," kind of stuff. With Saturn ruling MC and Saturn in 6th - she'll be willing to work for fame of her choosing. Ruler of MC sextile Sun/Venus in 5th is her stand out benefit for being a one-person show.

(what's with the huge 12th/6th? Alaska weird lat/long's eh? is that up by Fairbanks?)

Caution needed on that moon-neptune-mars grand trine in her 3/6/12th - certain trickery/deceptions/shady actions might be a part of her daily self-structure if she learns she can get away with that stuff early on - such as feeling 'lost in the middle' of her older and younger sibs and maybe thinking her activities or behaviors can fly under the radar if she feels no one is tracking her every move - which I would encourage you to do! Track her every move and let her know that you and the rest of the family have eyes in the back of your heads.

Pluto/Jup/Merc in grand trine too - she will have NO problem letting people know exactly what she thinks and she might get herself into a bit of trouble for having a free thinking mouth or mind about matters - with great intensity and exaggerated sting if she thinks she needs to drive the point home to somebody.

I'm just gonna venture to say - in both jest and seriousness - you'll have your hands full with your younger daughter.

It's probably a blessing that you and your husband are military - where respect, authority and order are typically enforced in manners of communication and rank in household, as in career.

She's got fabulous potential to be a Star in the public's eye.

Maybe, with moon ruler of 4th and moon in 6th - if she does show interest in cooking - nurture it - it's a good placement for foodies who actually enjoy, get emotional nourishment from the activities of cooking. (Do you ever watch the young chef shows on t.v.? I'm a total cooking freak - and some of those kids make me embarrassed at how I pale to their creativity and showmanship).

:wink:

-Kitchy

"Hard to handle that's is understatement." She is always the center of attention. Her attitude tends to get the best of her.

My daughter was born on Fort Richardson which is right outside Anchorage AK.

She tells me everyday, I want to be a ballerina! So maybe that's what we should do Haha :innocent::happy:

She enjoys watching anything dance related and loves when we watch chopped Jr lol. I'm actually an exceptional cook (not to toot my own horn) :whistling: Cooking is a huge part of our home life. I make large Italian meals, and lot of homemade dishes.

Secrecy is definitely a trait she displays at times. We make sure she knows right from wrong best we can, even with all the sag energy around here. Her father has a huge stellium in Sag. He often lets her and her siblings off the hook, ("daddy's girl")...

We get referred to as "the fun parents" by our friends kids. I normally have to lay down the law lol. I have a stellium in the 1st in strict ole Cap that helps out! :rightful:

My husband is actually retiring out of the military next June. I'm pretty nervous as this will be the first time we are civillian. Will he get a job ... will we be ok? You know that kinda thing. It's very daunting. :crying:

Im greatful for the comments as alway!!!!

-Jade

Kitchy

Banned
Well, if she is interested in dance, ballet - it's a good start. Being on a stage, in dazzling an audience or finding that creative venus/sun grace in herself, it's a good start. I wouldn't be surprised if she adds other performing arts to her repetoire with that hungry creative 5th house in Leo.

Regarding the cooking - glad to know it's a big deal in your house. I raised my son as a single parent for most part, and I always drew my kid into the kitchen for prep work and basics, but by the time he found his guitar, life passion - he had no interest in continuing the tradition. When I was a kid, my mom and grandma couldn't keep me out of the kitchen! (He's 27 now, born with the Cap Stellium in his 1st also, and is a professional musician).

The discipline of getting multiple kids to and fro classes, lesson's etc., is daunting in itself, as I did the same with my son - but I'm biased in believing that the more opportunities they have to check out for themselves, the more choices they have that are self-empowering.

So, just an added note - not sure where you folks live now, but it will be very grounding to settle in one place while your girls are young - so that by the time they reach 12-13 and puberty and jupiter return sets in - they will be able to expand without the constraints of dealing with stressful newness. It will come so fast... :surprised:

Sending a shout out thanks to you and husband for your service to U.S., by the way.... :kissing:

Can you tell I have Mars in Cancer? ;) kids, cooking & country...

Last edited:

Jaded

Premium Member
-kitchy

My daughter has Mars in cancer as well haha. :happy:

I'm hoping soon we will be Stable somewhere. It depends on where we go and his job. We've lived in Illinois, Tennesss, Alaska, Virginia and NOW Texas. I'm so tired. Moving schools is the hardest part for my kids. Every two three years it's a new world to get used to.

Thats awesome about your son!!! I've been into music and singing since I could walk. My parents had me in a lot of choir and theater. I did Kareokee for along time but stopped when I had kids. I still love to sing but mainly use it to annoy my kids haha :biggrin:

It's really just the stress of moving and not knowing what will happen next that I cannot stand. The military isn't easy.

My husbands been deployed four times and my girls biological father was deployed three.

-Jade

Jaded

Premium Member
Your youngest daughter would be fit for dancing. Venus conjunct Sun.
As for your oldest daughter, I cannot perceive many hints in her chart.

-Retro
We are going to put our youngest in dance. As for our oldest we are trying martial arts.hopefully they like it.

Thank you for commenting. :happy:

-Jade