Guessing my fathers ascendant sign

ThisIsMe

It's unknown and I'd like to have some of your guesses as to what you think I'll explain in depth things about him.

Okay well, He's tall, somewhat thin, has curly hair, green eyes and a long ish neck. His mannerisms are outgoing most of the time, but he's very private about personal things about him. He will talk to anyone, and for a long time. He takes a lot of pain and hardships and deals with them without complaining at all. He's often really honest with people to the point of being blunt. He worked hard his whole life. When he was younger he was a wild child, drinking a lot and running around, he matured pretty much throughout his life though.

He has some issues with mental states which he takes meds for.

He hates hospitals and doctors, and needles.

He's a Taurus, I'll post his chart. Remember I don't know his time of birth so I'm guessing here on what his ascendant might be so I'll use 12:00 PM (the default time)

Have a look:

Attachments

• charrt.gif
    charrt.gif
    54.3 KB · Views: 28

JUPITERASC

It's unknown and I'd like to have some of your guesses as to what you think I'll explain in depth things about him.

Okay well, He's tall, somewhat thin, has curly hair, green eyes and a long ish neck. His mannerisms are outgoing most of the time, but he's very private about personal things about him. He will talk to anyone, and for a long time. He takes a lot of pain and hardships and deals with them without complaining at all. He's often really honest with people to the point of being blunt. He worked hard his whole life. When he was younger he was a wild child, drinking a lot and running around, he matured pretty much throughout his life though.

He has some issues with mental states which he takes meds for.

He hates hospitals and doctors, and needles.

He's a Taurus, I'll post his chart. Remember I don't know his time of birth so I'm guessing here on what his ascendant might be so I'll use 12:00 PM (the default time)

Have a look:
Although guessing is fun, it's unreliable. There are tried and tested astrological methods for assessing a person's ascendant sign and there's a thread discussion with Tips on how to use these ancient methods at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=399835#post399835 :smile:
As a result of questions on a thread at this link http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51377 and because IMO it is common knowledge amongst astrologers that checking a natal chart for correlations with transits is a basic requirement for all charts because the basic requirement is that any natal chart is a 'working chart', this is a thread for anyone interested in very basic chart rectification.

BASIC STEPS
List major life events such as academic rewards, degree, diplomas, exams passed, operations, hospital admissions of any kind, accidents, relocation to a new home, relocation abroad, marriages, divorces, births, deaths, starting first job, leaving old job, starting new job, anything important.

When looking back at transits for major events in life, as well as noting all aspects from transiting planets to the angles, remember to note in particular aspects from all the rulers of the ASC/MC/IC/DESC to other planets as well as to the angles themselves

If you focus on the seven visible planets to begin with, then you'll find that you have more than enough aspects to cope with - especially if you have many exact dates of events to check!

Btw
exclude dates that are "give or take a couple of weeks" as being totally too inaccurate!

Specific dates for major events
means the actual exact day as well as the precise time of the occurrence

- e.g. precise date AND time of giving birth... precise date and time of
when your wife/partner/girlfriend gave birth to your child... precise date and time of being wheeled into the operating theater to have appendix removed... precise date and time of any accidents involving broken bones... precise date and time of first day at work... precise date and time of graduation award... precise date and time of car crashes... precise date and time of relocating to new home... precise date of when decree nisi granted... precise date of any relocation that resulted... precise date and time on official letter from hospital/medics giving diagnosis.... and/or precise date and time of appointment with doc/medic who delivered the news... precise date and time of graduation day...

(a) Health involves the physical body, hence examine transits to the ascendant, transits to the ascendant ruler and transits by the ascendant ruler to the angles/other planets on the specific day of any health issues

(b) divorce AND marriage BOTH involve transits to the Descendant, transits to the descendant ruler, and transits by the descendant ruler to the angles/other planets on the specific day of the decree nisi

(c) divorce AND marriage BOTH involve MC as well. So examine transits to MC and to MC ruler, as well as transits by MC ruler to any of the angles by conjunction, trine, square and/or opposition

btw for those who are married, here's a link to my thread entitled "How to Rectify/Verify your Ascendant by Using Your Wedding Day Chart"
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=46743

Good idea to focus on the following basics when analyzing your data relating to specific dates and times of events:

(a) any planets on the angles, i.e. any planet conjunct, trine, square or opposing any angle.

(b) any ruler of any one of the four angles on any one of the angles. i.e. any ruling planet of any one of the four angles that is conjunct, trine, square or opposing any angle

No harm in learning basic rectification, don't be put off by thinking it is 'too difficult/complicated/puzzling' - it is an interesting and rewarding exercise.

Have fun! What you are sleuthing for are
:

(a)
transiting planets close to or at the degree of your ascendant/descendant for the given time of birth

(b)
transiting planets close to or at the degree of your MC/IC for the given time of birth

IMO you may find it helpful to - as you continue to focus on the seven visible planets and the degrees they occupy on the specific dates and times you have chosen - to
note in particular, IF on the same day a planet aspects by conjunction, opposition, square, sextile, trine:

(1) the approximate degree you currently have for the Ascendant

while
another planet on the same day aspects by conjunction, opposition, square, sextile, trine:

(2) the approximate degree you currently have for the MC

It is common knowledge that traditional ancient astrology planet domiciles for each ascendant are as follows:

Aries Ascendant = Mars

Taurus Ascendant = Venus
Gemini Ascendant = Mercury
Cancer Ascendant = Moon
Leo Ascendant = Sun
Virgo Ascendant = Mercury
Libra Ascendant = Venus
Scorpio Ascendant = Mars
Sagittarius Ascendant = Jupiter
Capricorn Ascendant = Saturn
Aquarius Ascendant = Saturn
Pisces Ascendant = Jupiter

fwiw Uranus, Neptune and Pluto were simply not visible to ancient astrologers who nevertheless successfully rectified charts and Rectification is an ancient technique at least two thousand years old, long before Uranus, Neptune or Pluto could be observed with the aid of powerful telescopes.

An example of an ancient/traditional rectification technique is the “Animodar” method of rectification which is explained at this link
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/animodar.html

Animodar is just one rectification technique of which there are many... These are just the basics... Good idea to assess/experiment with each method before drawing any firm conclusions.

Each astrologer has their own ideas as to which method is preferable and IMO fwiw then examine/experiment with all methods to find the method you prefer
:smile:

ashriia

Hi ThisIsMe,

Without a picture the description is too vague to guess at. If you have a picture of him as a young man its usually easier to guess the risings that way.

I've done that with my own parents..and completely understand the curiousity. yep.:smile:

Have you looked here before :

http://www.astrofaces.com/astrofaces/index.html

might be fun to study the sun sign with some of the rising signs you feel most apply to him.

best of luck.