Your positive approach to Astrology - Free choice vs. Destiny

PlutorisingLee

Hello,
Replying to a thread here has got me thinking about my own and others approach to Astrology.
I have always had what I call a very positive therapeutic approach to Astrology readings.
I believe studying the Natal Chart can help heal a person, find solutions to problems as well as allowing self-acceptance and of course understanding.
But lately I keep coming across an approach to Natal Chart reading that I personally find negative and unhelpful.
Sure, Astrology is tightly tied history and religion and has greatly changed with the times.
It is understandable if years ago having a bad aspect would lead to getting a death sentence from a wise Astrologer.
But today Saturn is not about death but about "inner fears" and so on…
I can see where some people get annoyed with sugar coating and fake interpretations.
In no way am I supporting that- what I am supporting is a mature understanding of the "dark stuff" but never ever seeing it as a destiny.
If anything, the hardest aspects and charts I have ever seen are those of the kindest most beautiful people out there- oh and they are happy too:tongue:.
What do you think?
Where is your line between destiny and free choice? Does your approach in your opinion lead to making people better or happier?
I would be glad to hear your thoughts
Lee

guardian00angel

I have a lot of bad Saturn aspects & I feel it restrains my freedom & expression. I've dealt with a lot of mental & emotional pain of feeling unloved, alone, rejected, & most of all disconnected, my favorite way to describe how I feel on this Earth. But there is also another side of me that deeply wants to believe that there is good out there in the world & for me.

I don't know how my aspects compare to other people, but comparing myself to people around me, I feel like everyone has it better off than me because at least they can express their individuality, at least they can order a cheeseburger at McDonald's without feeling anxiety, at least they can go out there & get a job, answer the phone, get their own apartment, & socialize without fear....
I'm 21 years old & for years I have been dealing with social anxiety & depression. I've never told any doctors or went to a professional therapist because I felt ashamed. :sad: But on my own, & with some help from my sisters, my best friend, & my faith in God, I'm still alive & here...Though I still wonder if it were best if I had not existed at all. :sad: I mean, why be alive, if you can't live? Do you know what I mean? I feel like Saturn doesn't want me to connect with people or express myself. But I don't want a cold heart & I don't want to be cynical & mean like my dad! :sad:
The reason I'm replying to this is because I feel like you are speaking to me directly. I feel I have many struggles in my life, internally, though people say others have it worse off than me, but I can't deny the suffering i feel inside of me. I'm praying that one day I will become like a butterfly, beautiful & gentle, & maybe I can help those who are in pain as well....But i don't think i'm good enough nor beautiful...:sad:

I had an English teacher in middle school who was very very beautiful & super kind & gentle, she told us how she would do so much for her father & never once was appreciated by him. It was sad because in one story she said, her & her sister, when they were kids, cleaned the entire house from top to bottom while the father was out, & they cooked a meal for him i think, & when he came back, he didn't say anything to them, no thank you or anything. And she cried. She's such a sweet soul, & i think people don't know how to treat such fragile, sweet spirits, it makes me sad. It reminds me of my father & myself. :sad:

Another story, my best friend used to be bullied for being fat & ugly, & she had no respect from her family, especially from her father, who treated her like Cinderella, they never appreciated her, she had suicidal thoughts every once & awhile, but after I helped her & counseled her personally, she is very beautiful & she has attracted many guys into her life. Plus she has a super big heart!!

Also, do you know Audrey Hepburn? She is so kind & beautiful & my favorite actress!!!! I've heard she had an extremely tough time in her life, being sent to boarding school & having her father walk out on her, & I don't remember the details, but I think during a war, she was alone & stuck in some place with very little food & water & could have died. But she has survived through much difficulties & she is a beautiful butterfly!! :biggrin:

As for your question about destiny & free choice, I like to think some things are destiny, like we're fated to meet certain people, & it's our choice how we deal with it.

muchacho

Hello,
Replying to a thread here has got me thinking about my own and others approach to Astrology.
I have always had what I call a very positive therapeutic approach to Astrology readings.
I believe studying the Natal Chart can help heal a person, find solutions to problems as well as allowing self-acceptance and of course understanding.
But lately I keep coming across an approach to Natal Chart reading that I personally find negative and unhelpful.
Sure, Astrology is tightly tied history and religion and has greatly changed with the times.
It is understandable if years ago having a bad aspect would lead to getting a death sentence from a wise Astrologer.
But today Saturn is not about death but about "inner fears" and so on…
I can see where some people get annoyed with sugar coating and fake interpretations.
In no way am I supporting that- what I am supporting is a mature understanding of the "dark stuff" but never ever seeing it as a destiny.
If anything, the hardest aspects and charts I have ever seen are those of the kindest most beautiful people out there- oh and they are happy too:tongue:.
What do you think?
Where is your line between destiny and free choice? Does your approach in your opinion lead to making people better or happier?
I would be glad to hear your thoughts
Lee
I'm totally on board with your approach. And free choice and destiny go hand in hand. Destiny just means following a certain trajectory as a result of how Law of attraction works. But you can change the trajectory any time. Maybe you are confusing destiny with predestination/predetermination?