What is the official birth chart of India?

Amit89

I would just like to know what is the official birth chart of India

is it

1) August 15, 12.00am, New Delhi, India 1947
or
2) January 26, 10.15am, New Delhi, India 1950

Which one?

India won the cricket world cup in 1983 and India was born in chineese year pig and it in 1983 in was the year of pig!, India won that historical test series in the West Indies in 1971, and that too was in the year of pig, India came in the world cup final in 2003, and that was the year of horse I think, It was being supported by the year of pig.

India got its indapendence in 1947.

But a lot of people say the official birth chart of India in the 1950 one, the Indian cricket team won a lot of major test and odi tournements with the chineese animal being supported by the chineese year of 1950.

Sorry if you are not into cricket, has you see the Indian nation is mad with the sport cricket.

India is largly known for its IT expertise, material output, and too poverty.

India's economy is growing, bollywood is one of the biggest movie industries in the world.

I am stuck, which one of the two is the official birth chart of India?

Comments would be appriciated.

Many thanks
Amit M

Attachments

• achart_pazfileVkQoPW-u1148057763.46001.14138[1].gif
    achart_pazfileVkQoPW-u1148057763.46001.14138[1].gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 46
  • achart_pazfileVkQoPW-u1148057763.46121.10243[1].gif
    achart_pazfileVkQoPW-u1148057763.46121.10243[1].gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

pwadm

Staff member
For me, it's obvious that the moment when India became independent is the moment when the country was born. The 1950 Republic was just a transformation of the form of government, nothing more.

Besides, the 1947 chart seems in tune with what you said:
india-independance-horoscope.gif

You mentioned cricket and Bollywood. There they are: 5th house in Virgo with Mercury conjunct Pluto = the obsession for cricket; also Neptune in Libra (=movies) in the 5th house (arts) represents Bollywood. Just perfect.

This reminds me of the US Gemini rising chart - the one that represents most accurately the American features (by contrast with the US Sibly chart which is better for transits and progressions. In the Gemini rising chart - Neptune is also in the 5th house, conjunct Lilith, representing Hollywood and the dubious moral values mainly promoted in movies.

You also mentioned that India is most known for the IT industry - there it is: Aquarius culminating with Uranus in sextile with the Sun.

Amitkumar, please tell me more about India. What is most characteristic for the Indian people. Couldn't we find those traits in this horoscope?

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'll try to mention some things that come to mind when I think of India:
- sacred cows - Taurus is intercepted in the 12th house (=large animals), with Venus, it's ruler conjunct with Saturn, religion (=9th house ruler) -> sacred cows.
- a very special, ancient religion (Hinduism) - Saturn ruler of the 9th house, conjunct Pluto
- a very populous country - both luminaries in domicile - good vital energy and fertility
- a peaceful nation (Mahatma Gandhi) - Mars in exile in Cancer
- Taj Mahal = a grave for a beloved wife (Venus in the 4th house)

Last edited:

Amit89

Thanks Radu for replying.

I'm a Indian myself, the main religion in India is hindu, but there are a lot of muslims, some christians living there too.

Indians not all of them but a lot of them in India, are thin, small and a bit dark.

Indias quite a attractive place to go on a holiday, it attracts lots of tourists.

Indian people are really religious, a lot of hindus are vegaterians, we respect evrey people, no matter what background they come from.

India is a really holy place, with a lot of holy temples.

Sikh is another religion in India, in the state Punjab.

India has had some desease outbreak in there country, like aids, a lot of earthquaks has happened, and some cities like Bombay, Madras, and Calcutta has had there names changed to Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.

And not to forget the last tusnami hitting the eastern side of India.

There has been conflict between India and Pakistan, for many years both of these nations have been at war. The amristsar disaster happened in 1984 I think, thousends of sikhs were killed for no reason.

Indira Gandhi was assasinated in 1983 I think, by her own guards.

India has had the second best batsmen of all times, Sachin Tendulkar, he is the only surviving sportsmen of the 80s, regarded has the best by the best cricketers around, and regarded has the best by the greatest ever cricketer.

One of the best sportsmen of our modern era, the richest sportsman in India, had a 40million doller contract with Nike, a very populer celebrity.

Tendulkar single handedly took India to the latter stages of world cup 96 and 2003, but India like nearly always flops in the latter stages, shocking defeats in the end.

India treat Tendulkar like a god!, he cant have a normal life.

Talking about cricket, India has always came close to winning in tight situations, but never really could win it from tight pressure situations.

Talking about cricket, India nowadays always seems to lose finals, final after final they always lose.

India has a poor record overseas in cricket, only strong at home.

A lot of people always seemed to be very upset when India loses.

One could say India is a emotional country.

One match I recall was in the 96 cricket world cup semi final, which the match was being played in Calcutta, India was going very well, but from 98-1, 13 overs later they slumped into one of the worst collapses in cricketing history to 120-8, the game was over, but the Indian crowd got upset and angry and about 90,000 spectators was burning stuff, and throwing fruits, bottles, onto the outfeild, it was like the 2005 champions leauge quarter final match between Ac Milan vs Inter Milan. Mind you the Indian crowd has got angry and upset and started to delay matches or cancel matches by throwing stuff onto the outfield many times before in cricket.

The 1947 chart shows that, mars (sport) in cancer (emotions), moon (emotions) in cancer (emotions).

Last edited:

Amit89

I found this article on another site.

THE BIRTHCHART OF INDIA

Which chart to use?

According to the book of World Horoscopes (Campion), there are two charts for India, one is for the time of independence from the British at 0.00 hrs in Delhi on August 15 1947, and the other one is for the proclamation of the republic at the time "which was very likely elected astrologically", says Campion: January 26 1950, at 10.15 a.m. IST New Delhi.

I had a look at both charts for the time around January 25 2001 (their solar return for that year!) because off the top of my head that was the time where on the one hand one of the most impressive Kumbha Mela's was held (a massive spiritual gathering inspiring many souls), and on the other hand a massive earthquake took place leaving whole parts of the country in utter devastation. Transits for that time to the 2nd chart speak totally for that chart, whereas nothing much is visible in the first chart. Transits for the time of today also align more with the second chart, as I received the following mail from an Indian Astrologer (Muralinikrishna Vadavalli) , which is the reason for me to have a look at the chart of India. He wrote (early April 2002): India has been getting into crisis after crisis these days. There were attacks on Indian parliament on December 13th - which pushed India to the brink of war with Pakistan. On Feb 28th, some 58 people were burnt alive in a train which triggered extreme violence that took as many as 800 lives - worst communal violence in a decade. I think there is an astrological pattern behind these events. Uranus - Mars aspects. Mars was conjunct Uranus on Nov 27th, 2001. The effect of this aspect was probably triggered by Sun aspecting the same degree on Dec 13th. The next aspect between Mars and Uranus was on 23rd Feb. (I believe this aspect was triggered by Moon this time - because the effect was felt very quickly - on Feb 28th). Now that Mars is approaching a square with Uranus again (on 10th of this month), I fear something similar might happen. Let us all hope that nothing will happen. But I just wanted to bring this to your notice. Maybe you could analyze the chart of India and write something about it if you can find some time.

In the world press India does not receive too much attention (relatively speaking) and right now the Middle East occupies the worldleaders. I also was surprised with the terrible eathquake last year in India how little press this received comparative to other earthquakes (for instance Turkey, 1999) before. In fact, I had no idea that things were so hectic right now in India, but.. the chart of January 26 1950 is quite obvious in this respect.

The chart of January 26 1950

What does this chart say as a birthchart? First of all, this India was a peaceloving country, they came from the idea of non violence (Gandhi): depicted by Mars as their Ascendantruler conjunct the South Node and near enough to Neptune in Libra. The North Node in Aries suggest independence is what the country is seeking, yet, Mars rules this North Node too, so it will have to always be in cooperation with the connections with others from the past (conjunct South Node in Libra).

Uranus square the Ascendant (ruler of the Sun) is another strong indication for the independence idea and building up a new country : it sits conjunct the IC. In the next two years it will cross over from house 11 to house 12, and always when Uranus crosses over a housecusp Uranian events of the nature of those houses come very strongly to the fore. Uranus in the 11th house is about groups seeking independence, Uranus in the 12th house is likely to be a renewed awakening of spiritual life in India.

Pluto in the 5th house suggest the autonomy that India is after but also the feeling of being a leading nation. The heap of Aquarian planets in the 11th house suggest democracy and liberty should be keynotes. The opposition between Pluto (it rules the 8th house in fact), and the Aquarian planets is a challenge for leadership versus the community at large. The evolutionary intent here is to use power wisely, especially by the leaders (5th house). The people (11th house Aquarius) will never allow their freedom to be taken away and they are now on the road of individualization.

Mercury in Capricorn in the 10th house suggest India to be an authority on Mercurial matters (thought), and Mercury being square Neptune, this is a great one for being an authority on peace loving connections with other people, but also being an authority in all matters spiritual

The Moon is in Taurus, and I often say that the Moon will depict the feeling of the nation as a whole. The country I reside in, has Moon in Taurus too, it depicts an agricultural background, and a lay-back attitude, of people wanting security, and with us, it depicts the no-nonsense attitude. With India, the Moon is in a different degree, and the symbol for it is The Conquest of Separativeness through Groupcooperation - the country who has suffered deprivation and loneliness can give new substance to its emotional life by participating in a collective project. All great evolutionary challenges imply the overcoming of basic difficulties. It is a chasm that is an integral part of the land upon which man's evolution must proceed. A link must be built through the power of the collective mind of the community at large, on the basis of the legacy of the past, to make a bridge over the canyon. This bridge demonstrates man's capacity to conquer obstacles and to achieve evolutionary continuity as well as expansion in space. (Rudhyar, Astrological Mandala, Vintage Books, see books7.htm)

"Karma" is an Hindu/Sanskrit term, much misused I expect, in the same way that the planet Saturn does not get too much good press from astrologers. Yet Saturn, and maybe therefor one's karma or dharma (I think these are two sides of the same coin) may be the entire key of our destiny. Karma in reality means 'unfinished business'. It is also our 'conscience' and what is the relationship between one's conscience and karma? Saturn in anybody's chart also points to our weakness:-- our weakness where we continuously want confirmation and appreciation from others, where we continuously feel we fail (the reason for Saturn to get such bad press in general). The weakness of seeking confirmation from outside, is that it won't help, it will decenter your inner coherence more and more as we don't wish too often to face our inner selves, where in fact, we KNOW. It is so difficult to be alone, to face ourselves (a function of Saturn as well, and with a good reason, if we only understood why) and the reason for that is the conscience of "guilt". Responsibility equals "guilt" where all things fail in our consciousness, and our ego's simply don't accept being guilty. (It is its nature to always think itself better than anybody else) The entire notion of not being able to forgive oneself and thereby others means that we feel guilt but repress it .

Saturn rules time and space and it actually indicates why incarnation happens: why our consciousness gets limited to a body and time and space for a lifetime. The reason is that we "are not ready" to merge with the Light (on Earth or out of the Body) and that there is work to do. This is an inner judgment that nobody else makes but yourself prior to the time of incarnation (actually at the end of the past life). Because you have condemned yourself in the "hour of truth" so to speak, we continuously are reminded of condemnation some way or other without realizing we ourselves condemned ourselves there where Saturn resides in the chart. But we try to attone for it, and work on it, which gives rise to growth and development. Thus Saturn in a chart will also depict our growth, our conquering of things. Now back to the chart of India: India's karma, so to speak, or unfinished business, lies in the area of the 6th house, in the sign of Virgo: it lies in the area of service, in the area of plain work, and the only way for Saturn in the 6th house to align with spiritual concepts, to become dharma rather than karma as it were, is to follow the path of Karma Yoga, so well explained in India's Spiritual Classic: the Bhagavad Gita. To work without attachment to the results, but: to work and to be of service. It is India's gift to the world, this Bhagavad Gita, and this concept of Karma Yoga (Saturn in Virgo in the 6th house- ruled by Mercury square Neptune) but Saturn in Virgo in the 6th house is also exactly where the 'condemnation'; of the West is taking place: the stressy people of the Western world (yes, those without inner peace...) find Indians and its spirituality lazy:)

Saturn is also about ego-pain. Saturn in Virgo asks for the guts to be a server, to not mind a position of plain service, to know that healing and health, both inner and outer, come from service to others. To not worry about one's place in society too much, or feel discriminated against. To have an inner authority of being of Service, rather than feeling pain from being discriminated against.

To be continued..................

Last edited:

Amit89

Now, I wonder if this is what the current fights in India (spring of 2002) are about. The religious upheaval between Moslims and Hindu, or between Moslims and Christians (in the rest of the world) are of course obviously part and parcel of the Pluto in Sagittarius passage: Pluto is about bringing the dirt to the surface, and the dirt of Sagittarius is the dirt of philosophical arrogance. Of thinking that your worldview should rule the world. Pluto is about to clear this up by bringing this intolerance all over the world to our attention. That's why the current problems in the world are religious (they are not spiritual , they are religious in the sense of churches who have not understood the Unity lying at the back of all worldviews or religions). The separations between men and women all over the world is the separation of one group thinking themselves better than another group. But the group who is in reality the best, is the group who knows that there is no difference. The karma of India currently and as depicted in the chart could be the karma of people who feel discriminated against (Saturn in Virgo).And... we are closing in on Pluto squaring this Saturn position , in fact, we are closing in on the current Saturn-Pluto opposition squaring in on this natal Saturn of India's chart. It is only just starting, if this chart is the correct one! Pluto is only nearing this square, it won't even hit it exactly until their next 'birthday', January 2003! (Saturn will close in on it already in May). In this connection, the symbolism of the Moon: the nation's collective feeling is maybe a good pointer for what is necessary as this crisis emerges: It is a chasm that is an integral part of the land upon which man's evolution must proceed. A link must be built through the power of the collective mind of the community at large, on the basis of the legacy of the past, to make a bridge over the canyon. If there is one nation in the world who can show the path to bridging the gap between Moslems and other religions, it is India. No other nation has the wisdom. Quite a task.. and of course it may fail. But individuals sow the seed of the collective.

The transits at the time of the earthquake (and the Kumbha Mela) January 25 2001 (or thereabouts)

In view of India on the one hand having had one of the largest
Kumbja Mela's ever as well as this awful earthquake almost at the same time, the transits at this time are impressive, if we use this January 26 1950 chart. The Sun/Neptune conjunction conjunct India's Sun depict the Kumbha Mela. Yet at the same time the square between Uranus and Mars was dominant in the chart! (Any planet in hard aspect to either the Ascendant or the MC dominates the entire chart and highlights exactly what is going on). In this instance it is a transit of Uranus square the transitting Mars, Uranus being exactly semisquare the natal Ascendant, and yes, Uranus is a classic for upheavals and earthquakes. True, Uranus is also about awakenings, but physically it is about upsets and earthquakes indeed. At the time it was the major transit square this Mars transitting India's 8th house (the death toll, the feelings of powerlessness), and Mars is again the ruler of the natal Ascendant. If you find such a telltaling transit-picture back in the August 15 1947 chart, let me know, but for now, this January 26 chart of India says it all.

He is missing sport, the Indian cricket team won the world cup in 1983, the 1947 chart was in the year of pig, 1983 was the year of pig, nobody expected India to win, or even make in into the semi finals!, but agaisnt all the odds, India won it and won agaisnt a powerful West Indies side in the final.

in 1971 India won a test series agaisnt the invincable West Indies in West Indies, they were the best side, unbeatable, a series win in West Indies back then ws just like winning the world cup, 1971 was the year of pig.

India was runners up in the cricket world cup in 2003, after a shock start India won 8 out 8 games in a row, but in the final, India lost badly, but agaisnt all the odds we made it into the final.

2003 was being supported by the pig.

I think its the 1947 one.

Comments will be appciated.

Last edited:

pwadm

Staff member
Great stuff. I wish I would know more details about India, so that I might contribute.
But at least there is one thing you can be sure: this chart works. Look for transits on specific events - it surely is interesting.

Mercurius

I agree with Noel Tyl that the best chart to use is that for the proclamation of the Republic. One of the very best events to test for the accuracy of a national chart is the first nuclear test. When India tested their first nuclear weapon, Saturn was square Pluto, at the same phase of the cycle as they are now.

Back then, Saturn was on the IC and Pluto was on the DC. Currently Pluto is on the MC and we are seeing trouble brewing with terrorism and separatist movements. Last year Pluto was on the Iranian MC correlating to the election protests. People from the civilized Empire might be interested in the sporting reference in this blog: The Astrology of India 2010 (and Cricket)

greentwinkle

I enjoyed reading this post.
India.
Dont know why it feels like a sooooo Taurus country. But it does to thsi taurean.
Btw, I recall reading somewhere that India is a Capricorn country. It certainly feels like I am in a cappy place many times--- it's traditional, status loving, patriarchal, hardworking, diligent, fated.
But ohhh my, Indiaaaaaaaaaa is complex.
:lol:
oh, I love cricket toooo. Love sachinnnnnn!
:)

dhundhun

Although "freedom at mid night" is stated and 0:00 hrs is widely accepted as birth time for India, some times while analyzing events, I find it five minutes earlier. It is just like, US has several charts, I prefer of 11:15am giving better results to me.

piercethevale

I would just like to know what is the official birth chart of India

is it

1) August 15, 12.00am, New Delhi, India 1947
or
2) January 26, 10.15am, New Delhi, India 1950

Which one?

India won the cricket world cup in 1983 and India was born in chineese year pig and it in 1983 in was the year of pig!, India won that historical test series in the West Indies in 1971, and that too was in the year of pig, India came in the world cup final in 2003, and that was the year of horse I think, It was being supported by the year of pig.

India got its indapendence in 1947.

But a lot of people say the official birth chart of India in the 1950 one, the Indian cricket team won a lot of major test and odi tournements with the chineese animal being supported by the chineese year of 1950.

Sorry if you are not into cricket, has you see the Indian nation is mad with the sport cricket.

India is largly known for its IT expertise, material output, and too poverty.

India's economy is growing, bollywood is one of the biggest movie industries in the world.

I am stuck, which one of the two is the official birth chart of India?

Comments would be appriciated.

Many thanks
Amitkumar
The only correct time is that of 12:30 am New Delhi, India, August 15, 1947.
Do you know why one must add a half hour to New Delhi time?
It's because that region of India uses a split time zone and the actual time in New Delhi in the buildings considered to be the hub of India's govt is a half hour fast.

When dealing with a Nation or [and sometimes, organizations] that is
pre-determined and agreed upon by a good sized plurality of the individuals involved as to a specific date one is usually going to get a birth time of mid-night that was also a matter of proposal and mutual agreement.

This is in fact what was agreed upon and recognized. As the whole orientation to time was also agreed to as being that of Greenwich Time one must adhere to what is actually recognized as mid-night, aka zero hour, the first instant of August 15th, 1947. as recognized objectively from an impersonal position at Greenwich.

The another important reason as to why it is even imperative that one does use this proper technique. The great 20th century astrologer, Dane Rudhyar, noted that all cycles of orbits by the Planets, Moon et al, that are used for calculating aspects are a series of a progression of aspects. From New Moon to Full Moon, for example is half of a complete cycle and in that first half cycle in which the Moon is moving away, apart from, the Sun it is in an "Involutionary Hemi-cycle",l called that by Rudhyar because as he wrote: "...because a spiritual potentiality or karmic necessity involves or incorporates itself into matter." The second half, or waning part of the Moons cycle is called the "Devolutionary Hemi-cycle." [and also wrote that there is a polar complement to Devolution and that it is Evolution. The change from Involution to Devolution is cyclic, continuous and natural...it occurs everywhere around us constantly, but the change from Devolution to Evolution requires a kind of mutation or 'quantum leap' from one level, the level of 'life', to another ~ the level of 'mind' or growth in consciousness.]
At the beginning, the 'Conjunction' is symbolically pure subjectivity, it hasn't yet moved and hasn't yet taken the least iota of light to reflect back...and that is consciousness...in it's purest and simplest form. ..and from consciousness you have identity and being.

I ONLY CAME BACK TO THIS THREAD TODAY TO UPDATE THE LINK TO THE SABIAN SYMBOLS I HAD ORIGINALLY POSTED HERE AND I NOTICED THAT I NEVER COMPLETED THE EXPLANATION ABOVE.
SO THEN... Like the Moons' cycle from New Moon to New Moon, that which is when the moon is on the other side of the earth directly opposite the Sun. A day also begins in a way that is the same to your position at a moment when the moon is directly opposite you on the other side of the earth. That is your daily cycle. That is the true beginning of the day. You may want to bring up the practice of the Jes/Hebrews and their insistence that their day starts at Sundown. I have an answer for that. While what they are practicing is more as like starting a cycle at the Half Moon, which is exactly what it is as like to the cycle of the day. The Jews/Hebrews are permitted to observe a day as they see fit to or have a need to do so. It's in the Tanakh but I can't recall where. I came across it in one of the books on the Kabbalah I have, or have read. If you doubt me, ask a Rabbi.

I have no doubt that the chart produced for that time is the true and correct chart to use. Not only because of the knowledge given and understanding that is bestowed by Rudhyar from His studiously acquired logic and explanation but also because of what i see in the Sabian Symbols for the chart.

As I am a life long [over fifty years] student of the Edgar Cayce readings and have had a lifetime of success, verification, confirmation [and even some revelations at times...some astonishingly so] and have witnessed undeniable demonstrations of the integrity of the source of His information [the "Akhashic Records"] through the recipes, methods, prescriptions, for health matters he prescribed, or rather, recommended [and I have found his readings on yoga and meditation to be in perfect accord with the Vedic sources.] I've also had considerable success applying to a number of projects of study what knowledge of forgotten history and lessons of lost knowledges/sciences, Edgar Cayce spoke of, that I've read to date.

Because of my own more recently focused on subject of trying to ascertain the date and time of the birth of Yeshu'a ben David aka Jesus of Nazareth [for which I used the date Cayce gave and what other clues I had collected] I am most very well reacquainted with the seminal work on the Man from Naz provided by Cayce readings, the book, "Edgar Cayce's Story Of Jesus", selected and edited by Jeffrey Furst, based on the compiled readings of Edgar Cayce that were of any matter pertaining to such from the entire collection of readings that were made public [of which is about two thirds of the total number of collected readings].

Near the end of the book in the very last of the chapter titled; Summation, Several readings concerning Jesus. [and as I recall this particular reading is in at least a couple more books of or based on the Cayce material.] on page 370 of the paperback edition is published the following:

"In closing we have included this OPEN READING given on WORLD AFFAIRS at the Thirteenth Annual Congress of the Association for Research and Enlightenment, Inc. June 22, 1944, six months prior to Edgar Cayce's death.
Mrs. C.: It has been indicated through this channel that much might be given regarding what the vibrations of nations, as individuals, might mean. You will give such information concerning these vibrations and their relations to the spirit of the various nations, particularly in connection with the seven sins and twelve virtues in the human family, which will be helpful to usas an organization and as individuals in our attempt to be channels of blessing to our fellow men. You will then answer the questions which may be submitted, as I ask them:"
Edgar then spoke and for some great length. he gave a brief and basic outline of Creation and how and why Man came into being and the subsequent founding and building of nations. He then said to judge a nation by certain signs and said: "Look to the nations where the span of life has been extended from sixty to eighty-four years." which I thought I'd make mention of as for it's validating implication that the 84 year orbit by Uranus is by some occult and esoteric sources to be how long the life span, one basic, lesser yuga, lifespan...three orbits of Saturn. Seven times Twelve, or twelve orbits of Jupiter... but, I apologize for the digression... back to the matter of topic.
Cayce went on to directly state the name of a number of nations of that time and give unsolicited analyses of them stating what strengths and weaknesses the psyche of each nations citizenry had and what challenges they would be facing and did make a few rather bold and controversial predictions about their own matters and some as to any of world wide affecting actions. He also specifically identified one sin for each of the seven greatest nations of that time. Russia, America, England, France, Italy, China and India. [actually He didn't state a sin for Russia but said out of Russia would come the hope of the world, not from the Communistic or that of the Bolshevistic but rather freedom. Freedom that each man will live for his fellow man. He stated that it would take years before it could crystallize and it would be guided by its friendship with the United States.

As to the U.S Cayce said that in the application of those principles said "freedom" in those forms and manners in which the nations of the Earth have and do so measure as to such in their activities, that yes, America could surely boast, but rather it was that principle that was being forgotten when such was/is the case, and that is the Sin of America.

Edgar said that England was from whence came the ideas, not IDEALS, but ideas of being just a little bit better than the other fellow. He then stated; Ye must GROW to that in which ye will deserve to be known, deserve to receive. That has been the Sin of England.

The Sin of France was gratifying the desires of the body [which they have seemingly made an incomparable art of....IMHO...of course, ptv].

The sin of Italy was/is similar to that of Babel as Edgar made pointed ref. to Rome and their centuries of self proclaimed authorities and resultant actions/activities world wide.

that China would one day be the cradle of Christianity as applied in the lives of men [or Krishna consciousness, if you prefer the abstract in an Oriental expressed manner. ptv] He didn't really state a 'Sin" of China but did say that it had sort of saved itself by going slowly through the ages and being content to be within itself...that is until the day that it had awoken,.
recently [to that time].

Now, to the whole point of the previous... what Edgar said about India:

"Just as in India, the cradle of knowledge not applied, except within self. what is the Sin of India? SELF, and leave the 'ish' off - just self."

Yet, Cayce did state immediately afterward: "Then apply in thine own life truth....", giving the Sin of India a very minor level status of offense...certainly not of Felony Status as had been inferred, for example, as to Italy, all the more pointedly to Rome.

[and after many years of thought, contemplation on the preceding material...as i first read this particular book around 1969-70, and many years of study in yoga, the Vedas, the reading of many historical events and lives, and the personal experience I have had with the many yogis, chelas, gurus and Swamis I've met and known. I know there couldn't have been any other way for India to have been if the practices, the knowledge, in uncontaminated and pure form was to survive and be transferred via the Guruampara. OM Namah India OM Namah OM

So, now let me introduce to you the Sabian Symbol of the Ascendent of the modern nation of India, at 12:30 am New Delhi, August 15, 1947...the "WHO" India as nation, a culture, society and people is presently. [as the preceding discourse by Edgar was some three years and two months earlier. I will also show you the Sabian Symbol for the 12:00 am New Delhi time as you suggest....and I think you will see it quite easily as to how it has to be Greenwich time for such uses as this. remember that the zero hour is just as like being the Moon at the exact moment of conj. with the Sun, the New Moon. 12:00 noon, High Noon, like that as the Moon at Full Moon. this surely must have been sacred law to the ancient Hebrews, sometime during their captivity by Babylon they apparently forgot why, certainly forgot to resurrect the correct observances, as after that five hundred plus years of; "When in Babylon, doing as the Babylonians did.", as I just find it to be blatantly obvious in all their own writings on and pertaining to "Kabbalistic Astrology". I've greatly incensed a few Jewish friends by my conclusions on this, to such a degree that I am as good as banished and excluded from any sort of acknowledgement of existence except by other than in the most publicly observed meetings or encounters that require some sort of obligatory social courtesies. All I'm suggesting is that they at least extend the observances of their Sabbath another 6 hrs or so whatever the time takes from sundown on Saturday to mid-night. Currently the only sect of any religion that is practicing observing the Sabbath for the correct time period are the Seventh Day Adventists, about as nice and as wonderful a group of people as one could ever want to meet.

The Asc. for India for the chart produced by the given data is 08* Gemini 54' 29" [The M.C. is 22* Aquarius 12' 27".] that is the 9th degree of Gemini. From dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala. The Cycle Of Transformation And Its 360 Symbolic Phases."

"A QUIVER FILLED WITH ARROWS.

KEYNOTE: Man's aggressive relationship to natural life, as a basis for survival and conquest.

The bow and arrows represent symbolically man's ability to extend the scope of his conquest of nature and to kill enemies in order to build a larger base for the collective development of a culture and an organized society. Implied in the symbol of the arrow is the piercing of a target. The mind of man is essentially a trans-piercing power; it goes through the object toward which it is aimed. It seeks to go through and beyond the obstacles on its path, and this usually implies the destruction of the obstacle. At a higher level — as in the Zen practice of archery — the obstacle is the ego.

At this fourth stage of the fourteenth five-fold sequence of phases in the cyclic process of human existence we are shown the archetypal symbol of Man, the Conqueror. It may be a conquest of outer nature, or that of instinctual drives and of the limiting power of the ego. It is always [and Rudhyar's extolled keyword{s] in/of summation] CONQUEST."

Well, yes, that's just fine your're probably saying, but what does this have to do with the "Sin of India", that Cayce mentioned?

That, has to do with the Desc., the "WHERE-TO" [or, "WHOM-TO', as I oft like to offer as an alternative way of conceptualizing it.], that is the 9th degree of Sagittarius [ibid.]

"A MOTHER LEADS HER SMALL CHILD STEP BY STEP UP A STEEP STAIRWAY.

KEYNOTE: The need in any social situation to assist the less evolved in their management of the problems which society requires its members to solve.

A staircase does not present a natural difficulty to a very young child. Man builds stairs and therefore is responsible for assisting the child to climb them step by step. Social and cultural living is not 'natural.' The child must first be taught by example, then helped along as he imitates as well as he can the grownup's behavior. Climbing stairs is only an illustration of a general process. Every generation must involve itself in teaching the next even the simplest skills needed for social existence.

At the fourth stage of the preceding five-fold sequence we saw parents encouraging a little child to walk. Walking is a natural human function; climbing stairs is a skill made necessary by the building of several-storied houses — a product of civilization. What is implied here is SOCIAL CONCERN for the less evolved of society's members.'

If I may repeat: "...social concern for the less evolved of society's members."

I have to say that undeniably addresses and gives perfect Karmic resolution to that Sin identified as India's, by Edgar.

To further substantiate this chart, look also at the M.C. of this chart, at 22* Aquarius 12' 27", i.e the 23rd degree of Aquarius, the "HOW" of a spiritually evolutionary delineated manner of reading a natal chart through the Sabian Symbols [as for to those not spiritually inclined, the M.C. can, and usually is read as, the "WHY" of the chart.]

[ibid.]
"A BIG BEAR SITTING DOWN AND WAVING ALL ITS PAWS.

KEYNOTE: The self-discipline which results from an intelligent development of individual faculties under proper training.

What constitutes the proper training of children or animals is a complex and much-disputed problem. The symbol seems to state simply that powerful life energies can be trained adequately — the implication or extension of the idea being that no training is really successful unless it leads to the realization of the value and power of self-discipline. We are constantly faced with situations which, whether we are aware of it or not, are in fact training situations; God or the Soul is the trainer. Much depends on the attitudes we assume in these situations.

This is the third symbol in the sixty-fifth sequence. We see in it the outcome of what is suggested in the two preceding ones. Character and a warm 'under-standing' of what is involved in the process of growth and overcoming of emotional heaviness can be taught. We can learn to discipline our natural impulses and to use them for a more-than-personal purpose. This is DISCIPLESHIP in the true sense of the term." [underlining for emphasis is my doing... ptv]

If I may repeat the passage, "This is DISCIPLESHIP in the true sense of the term." ... how could anyone of the Sanatan Dharm, followers of the Guru Nanak and the Granth, the Sikh Dharm, those that strive to be as like the Buddha or those of the Jain ways contest, much yet still, argue, against that?

...and if you if you have the curiousity as to the 23rd of Leo, the I.C. of the chart, which is the "WHY", of the modern nation of India's existence and as to the transformation it must, and will, proceed through represented symbolically by the Sabians for the Asc. and Desc., that which are the "WHO" & "WHERE-TO", you can read it at this link, and read that for the 24th of Leo as well, as it precedes the 23rd in this 'spiritually evolutionary direction of the cyclic process of spiritual transformation through the 360 symbols of the Precepts of Divine design, decree and order of the Zodiac. ...I think you'll be more than pleasantly surprised, satisfied and assured of this chart, through its chart axis interpretation via Sabian Symbols and attendant technique being the exact profile, manifest identity of India and her people of unrivaled application and consciousness of spiritually oriented and applied ways of living. Those of the most sacred Dharms of the common Vedic sources of the most supreme and highest achievements of a most ancient Satya Yuga.

[And to save time and writing, I'll let you find for yourself as to what the symbols for 12:00 New Delhi time give via the Sabian Symbols. The Asc.- Desc. degrees are the 1st of Gemini-Sagittarius and those for the M.C - I.C., the 15th of Aquarius and Leo,at this link, here:
http://www.mindfire.ca/An Astrological Mandala/An Astrological Mandala - Contents.htm

Since I'm updating this post anyways, I will post the Sabian Symbol for the I.C., the "WHY" of this natal chart. (that way I won't have to worry about updating links if If forgotten to.)
(ibid.)

"LEO 23°: IN A CIRCUS THE BAREBACK RIDER DISPLAYS HER DANGEROUS SKILL.

KEYNOTE:
The audacity and perseverance required to control and play with the powerful energies of the vital realm in human existence.

The horse has always been the symbol of the vital energies. In a wild state the horse represents the magnificent, raw, impetuous energy of the libido in all its forms. When tamed, this energy is put to man's service. There are men who have dominated their natural energies so well that they can perform spectacular feats. Here these achievements are seen within the context of a social function and expressing a flair for dramatics.

At this third stage, the ego is in control; he is a great showman, but he serves a purpose. The performance stirs the imagination of the young consciousness. It raises the mind above the commonplace. The Keyword is

VIRTUOSITY."

I certainly don't think that I have to explain to an adept of any of the faiths among the people of India what those "Energies of the Vital Realm" are that Rudhyar mentions.
As some "men who have dominated their natural energies so well that they can perform spectacular feats" are known in India as Siddha Yogi's.That Order of Yoga known as Siddha once governed by the watchful wisdom of Swami Muktananda and those Yogis of other orders that master samayama and also acquire siddhis. Yeshu'a bn David, aka Jesus of Nazareth, was also a Siddha Yogi of the Hebrew kind. He mastered a few.
(F.Y.I. In Sri Pantanjali's writings that were collated into the book, "How To Know God", that is the section of the book dedicated to the study of Siddhis Pantanjali wrote that the same meditation in practice that one might achieve samayama with bestows the ability to walk on water and that He wrote that it also bestows the power to die and come back to life at will. Contemplate on that if you will, please. (My friend, Sevananda Das, of the Bhakti Yogis of ISKCON, i.e. the Bhakti Yogi's that are of the Western Hemisphere, aka The Occidental, part of the.world that are guided by their Guru Bir Krishna Goswami, knows of an account that is about 2000 years olf from a province in India in which a man who said that He was known as the Messiah to the people He came from in the West. He also said that those people, of the land He was born in, had believed He had died and that this man lived out the remainder of his life there in that province of India. A most curious account indeed and should spark up the attention that read what I wrote about the words of Patanjali above. Please do not take my posting this information here to be an endorsement by me as to the veracity and authenticity of the preceding. I'm merely stating what other folks have told me that I think is worthy of your attention.)

The degree that follows that I mentioned above, which is an interpretation of the transformation given in the cycle, the mandala, of symbols to is mundane, i.e. one that leads to an immersion in the Maya, one that does not liberate one from it ...or preceding that degree if one is following the direction of transformation in the other direction for an interpretation as to spiritual evolution, free of the attachment of the "Illusion" of this plane, that is the 24th degree of Leo is...(ibid)

"LEO 24°: TOTALLY CONCENTRATED UPON INNER SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT, A MAN IS SITTING IN A STATE OF COMPLETE NEGLECT OF BODILY APPEARANCE AND CLEANLINESS.

KEYNOTE:
An interior focalization of energy and consciousness at the expense of all forms of outward activity and care.

This traditional image of the Hindu holy man in the typical Western mind may well hide the fact that without proper training and intense concentration, what we usually consider spiritual attainment, self-realization and the 'God experience' is not possible. The 'intoxicated chickens' of the Leo 21° symbol must learn self-discipline if they want to 'fly'. There can be no halfway measures if the goal of true Yoga is to be reached.

This fourth stage symbol, as usual, suggests a certain kind of 'technique', or at least an adequate means to reach an envisioned goal. The means is
TOTAL CONCENTRATION."

Attached; the natal chart of the modern nation of India. OM Tat Sat OM ptv aka Devananda aka David Mastry, Sisya of the Bij, OM, the Holy Word, the Logos (as explained by Swami Sivananda in his book on Japa Yoga) and protectorate of the Sadhan Order of India under the benevolent and watchful observance of Sri Prabhu Ram Lal, OM Namah Sri Prabhu Ramlalay ParBrahmnay Sharanam OM.

p.s You might also be interested in this older thread of mine.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40738&highlight=Gandhi

Last edited:

piercethevale

...and if you contemplate this...I think you'll find that it had to be on that date... which gives the understanding that Gandhi, had to do it in the way and manner that he did. Without which, if India had chosen a self determined, and by that means, a violence induced birth...India would not of been established with the proper 'Being', of itself.
I am told, by those that are privy to such information, that due to cross cultural assistance and endeavors that India is in turn assisting the United States with the present transformation this nation is about to endure...and hopeful...emerge from....non-violently.
I cannot fathom the depth of the amount of time, effort and sacrifices made by all those that are so involved now and in the past.
The United States does presently and all the more so, most hopefully, in the future owe an inestimable amount of gratitude to the nation, the people, the yogis and Yoga Orders of the Sanatan Dharm and those of the Sikh, Jain and Buddhist [with noted thanks to those efforts made by those of more enlightened consciousness of the Islamic sects] of India and most especially the Guruampara of antiquity of the Himalayas. To all of you I bow most reverently and in most profound gratitude. Namaste!

OM Hare Krishna Hare Rama OM

[and if I may] OM Hare Yeshu'a OM
Namaste, Devananda

Last edited:

piercethevale

Reading back over what I had posted, in the wee hours of yesterday morning, I had a 'Flash' of understanding from re-reading Rudhyar.
I developed a belief from working with the tropical system and the Sabians for the last 29 years...as the Precepts that the symbols represent are still of the same effects, right where they were 2000 years ago...and right where they are...they were also "In the Beginning.".
The constellations were given as a mnemonic device at the end of the last Dwapar Yuga...to, hopefully, carry us through the Kali Yuga... in the belief that we would eventually re-awaken to this understanding...that they don't move.
The influences are from our own Sun ... OM Suryaya Namah OM.

Read the following from the post above, again, if you would, please.

"There's another important reason as to why it is most imperative that one does use this proper technique. The great 20th century astrologer, Dane Rudhyar, noted that all cycles of orbits by the Planets, Moon et al, that are used for calculating aspects are a series of a progression of aspects. From New Moon to Full Moon, for example is half of a complete cycle and in that first half cycle in which the Moon is moving away, apart from, the Sun it is in an "Involutionary Hemi-cycle", it was given that title by Rudhyar for the reason, as he wrote: "...because a spiritual potentiality or karmic necessity involves or incorporates itself into matter." The second half, or waning part of the Moons cycle is called the "Devolutionary Hemi-cycle." [and He also wrote that there is a polar complement to Devolution and that it is Evolution. The change from Involution to Devolution is cyclic, continuous and natural...it occurs everywhere around us constantly, but the change from Devolution to Evolution requires a kind of mutation or 'quantum leap' from one level, the level of 'life', to another ~ the level of 'mind' or growth in consciousness.]"
At the beginning, the 'Conjunction' is symbolically pure subjectivity, it hasn't yet moved and hasn't yet taken the least iota of light to reflect back...and that is consciousness...in it's purest and simplest form. ..and from consciousness you have identity and being.

I have no doubt that the chart produced for that time is the true and correct chart to use. Not only because of the knowledge given and understanding that is bestowed by Rudhyar from His studiously acquired logic and explanation but also because of what i see in the Sabian Symbols for the chart".

The 20th century writer on astrology, June Wakefield, also believed the 'affect' to be from our own Sun, wrote about it in her book, "Cosmic Astrology."

We are each like the New Moon right before birth...and then we are able to "reflect light"... we actually are an expression of, if I may be so bold as to say, Ishwaras' Laws/Precepts, that Ishwara bestowGods Pure Light can't exist in Maya ...only a 'lesser form' of it.

I am a devoted practitioner of Surya Pujas for the last 12 years now... they have, what I am totally convinced of, on a few occasions bestowed a miracle or two or three. [Siddhis, my friend.]

It is our interface with the "Hiranyagarbhaya" that is that astrology... that affects us. Ask your 'guru' about this. Some stars are also of affect...but the 'Sweetmeat of the matter' is about "Pushne"... and, remember, We are the Pushne within Surya in return.
Sunspots are the result of improper activities by the 'Sons of Light' on the Earth. Those huge Solar flares, these past couple/few years ...always struck the Earth when it was around mid-night, here in the central time zone of the U.S.
...why ...?

... Do a Surya Puja daily... even if it's just to say:

"OM Surya Namah OM" ... receive Suryas' Blessings...!
Namaste`, ptv

Last edited:

piercethevale

I just wanted to revisit this subject and point out the following passage from my post #15 above:

Cayce went on to directly state the name of a number of nations of that time and give unsolicited analyses of them stating what strengths and weaknesses the psyche of each nations citizenry had and what challenges they would be facing and did make a few rather bold and controversial predictions about their own matters and some as to any of world wide affecting actions. He also specifically identified one sin for each of the seven greatest nations of that time. Russia, America, England, France, Italy, China and India. [actually He didn't state a sin for Russia but said out of Russia would come the hope of the world, not from the Communistic or that of the Bolshevistic but rather freedom. Freedom that each man will live for his fellow man. He stated that it would take years before it could crystallize and it would be guided by its friendship with the United States.]

As to the U.S Cayce said that in the application of those principles said "freedom" in those forms and manners in which the nations of the Earth have and do so measure as to such in their activities, that yes, America could surely boast, but rather it was that principle that was being forgotten when such was/is the case, and that is the Sin of America.

...and I don't think I need to remind anyone of what has transpired with a man by the name of Snowden, do I?

piercethevale

GREETINGS, I updated the link to the Sabian Symbols I had originally posted as that had changed and then noticed I had never finished an explanation I was giving in the same post. Post number # 15 and the completion of said explanation begins right after the large red text I posted above as a notice of the addition below it.
It should make sense now to anyone that was left in a quandary as to what I was getting at.
If not, let me know.
ptv