Why don't I feel like a virgo?

Horus

Are you absolutely sure you have the correct birthtime? Few people are ever born precisely on the hour like that.

Virgo Rising, Sun, Moon and Mercury should identify with lots of Virgo traits. I would review those and make sure:

http://www.myastrologybook.com/planets-in-signs-sign-of-planet.htm

http://mindfire.ca/The%20Planets%20Through%20the%20Signs/Contents.htm

The only guesses I have as to why you might feel less Virgonic are:

1) These planets have difficulty expressing through the 12th house (Pisces natural house) which can make things a bit hazy until you spend plenty of time meditating alone. This house rules hospitals so when I see Virgo in there I see a medical profession working in that environment -does that interest you? I would read about each of these planets in the 12th house.

http://www.myastrologybook.com/planets-in-houses-astrology.htm

http://mindfire.ca/The Planets Through the Houses/Contents.htm

2) The North Lunar Node is Virgo meaning this sign in new territory for the soul. You must develop the more positive Virgo traits. The South Lunar Node is the opposite sign, Pisces, which is the old familiar pattern, where youre coming from, and you may still be identifying with that.

3) Pluto is squaring the Virgo stellium. Aspects modify planets and an outer planet can definitely deliver traits associated with it to personal planets. Pluto rules Scorpio so your Virgo planets are somewhat Scorpionic. Of course you already have a little Scorpio anyway, but this just adds to those tendencies. I would look up each of these squares. Pluto is asking for (or forcing via the square) some inner transformation, perhaps through deep healing work which is necessary for your growth in this life.

theV

The stellium in the 12th house and the south node in Pisces makes you feel more like your opposite sign rather Virgo. In addition to that, the first decan of Virgo is said to be the opposite of what Virgos are, they are almost Piscesan.

sibylline

The chart does look familiar...

Anyway, so many Virgos claim not to feel like a Virgo. I'm thinking it has to do with how Virgo is portrayed as a nitpicky, boring, anal automaton.

Jadi

The chart does look familiar...

Anyway, so many Virgos claim not to feel like a Virgo. I'm thinking it has to do with how Virgo is portrayed as a nitpicky, boring, anal automaton.
Yes, for some reason it's the least popular zodiac-sign aside from Capricorn. I'm also a Virgo and I have definitely a lot of Virgo traits but I'd trade for a different sign without a second thought :biggrin:

Last edited:

sibylline

Yes, for some reason it's the least popular zodiac-sign aside from Capricorn. I'm also a Virgo and I have definitely a lot of Virgo traits but I'd trade for a different sign without a second thought :biggrin:

What? Virgo is a very underrated and diverse sign. They can have the best sense of humor, and are very reliable, realistic, relatable. Virgo types can be very intelligent when supported by other chart factors and most have a vast body of knowledge in a least one area. Virgo and Cap are very effective in the real world and the other more "popular" signs, well, they can continue being internet celebrities.

Horus

We had a thread on this a while back- least favorite signs. Virgo and Gemini, the Mercurials, seemed to top most lists. I have great friends who are Virgos, but the dark side of Virgo is fairly irritating, even nasty,... yet that's true of all the signs. :wink:

Save

Yes, my sister posted my chart a while ago!! :joyful:

@Horus: yes that is the correct birth time :D , even if it's 8:00 , thank you so much for your detailed post :biggrin:

@theV : that's really interesting, I have actually read about that before!

@David starling : anything but earth to be honest, probably a water sign like Pisces or Scorpio!

@duenderoja : leo would fit way more! :joyful:

thank you for all replies, I didn't really expect answers :joyful:

kore

Your Virgo planets are in your 12th house, the house of the unconscious. When you go through a major 12th house transit, your Virgoness might surface.

Jadi

What? Virgo is a very underrated and diverse sign. They can have the best sense of humor, and are very reliable, realistic, relatable. Virgo types can be very intelligent when supported by other chart factors and most have a vast body of knowledge in a least one area. Virgo and Cap are very effective in the real world and the other more "popular" signs, well, they can continue being internet celebrities.
I think has more to do with my Venus there. I'm way too rational and am completely out of touch with my soft side, or at least I have difficulty expressing and experiencing the nature of Venus in a normal way.
We had a thread on this a while back- least favorite signs. Virgo and Gemini, the Mercurials, seemed to top most lists. I have great friends who are Virgos, but the dark side of Virgo is fairly irritating, even nasty,... yet that's true of all the signs. :wink:

Save
We're all nice and cozy but when we feel taken advantage off or we have no way to vent our frustrations and you happen to meet us on a bad day, be prepared to become the substitute for a punching bag.

Last edited:

Marasca_Cherry

Even though i've got many planets in virgo , I certainly don't feel like one
One of the very few things I could relate to is enjoying symmetry in organizing, the rest doesn't seem to fit me

http://www.astro.com/tmpd/cme2file9hxnRr-u1474116063/astro_w2gw_02_sele_sele.60178.58787.gif

Thank you for reading! :biggrin:

I think lot of Virgos don't feel like Virgos, I'm a Virgo with mars in Virgo conjunct, I'm so messy. The dishes are sitting in my sink dirty. When I do clean I'm insane and OCD about it but 90 percent of the time I'm a slob. I also don't care about my own mess but another persons mess makes me crazy.

People do consider me funny though. I think can attribute that to my Virgo. Not many astrologers talk about how funny Virgos are because we see such mundane details of life and weird idiosyncrasies that no one thinks about, but we can make a joke out of it. Louis CK is a Virgo and his dark humor reminds me of my own.

We also see through BS, it's hard to fool a Virgo similar to Scorpio. Scorpio I think may tend to feel emotional undercurrents where as Virgo notices subtle changes in behavior, unusual body language and tone of voice. Hard for me to say for sure because I have Virgo Sun and Scorpio Moon so I'm not sure exactly where the energy comes from. I just know I'm only fooled when I choose to be fooled.

Virgo is about self-improvement, self awareness, and are the lone wolves of the zodiac in my opinion.

I also think we'll never be satisfied with the lazy job astrologers do to try to explain us lol. I'm not a prude and mars in Virgo is not a prude. It's hard to truly own a Virgo even if you think you do, very independent. I don't like to ask for help or depend on others and when I do have to due to life circumstances I feel very guilty or anxious.

Last edited:

Witchyone

I'm chiming in to say that Virgos are sooo underrated. My sister and several close friends are Virgos, so I feel I know them quite well! They get a bad reputation as being sticks in the mud because they are [usually] cautious and cleanly, and for being critical because no one can dress your *** down like a Virgo. The most cutting remark anyone ever made to me was from my Virgo sister. Yow!

But, that's just the one side. They have another side, the Virgo Gone Wild. They love sex. They tend to be a little raunchy about it. They're funny as Hell. They're the type of people who get caught off guard by something amusing and giggle until they lose their breath.

As for those "stick in the mud" qualities, the positive side of that is that they are loyal friends, and they take care of those stupid things you didn't want to worry about.

Mermaid

I think lot of Virgos don't feel like Virgos, I'm a Virgo with mars in Virgo conjunct, I'm so messy. The dishes are sitting in my sink dirty. When I do clean I'm insane and OCD about it but 90 percent of the time I'm a slob. I also don't care about my own mess but another persons mess makes me crazy.

People do consider me funny though. I think can attribute that to my Virgo. Not many astrologers talk about how funny Virgos are because we see such mundane details of life and weird idiosyncrasies that no one thinks about, but we can make a joke out of it. Louis CK is a Virgo and his dark humor reminds me of my own.

We also see through BS, it's hard to fool a Virgo similar to Scorpio. Scorpio I think may tend to feel emotional undercurrents where as Virgo notices subtle changes in behavior, unusual body language and tone of voice. Hard for me to say for sure because I have Virgo Sun and Scorpio Moon so I'm not sure exactly where the energy comes from. I just know I'm only fooled when I choose to be fooled.

Virgo is about self-improvement, self awareness, and are the lone wolves of the zodiac in my opinion.

I also think we'll never be satisfied with the lazy job astrologers do to try to explain us lol. I'm not a prude and mars in Virgo is not a prude. It's hard to truly own a Virgo even if you think you do, very independent. I don't like to ask for help or depend on others and when I do have to due to life circumstances I feel very guilty or anxious.

I am Virgo myself (Leo rising, but a lot of planets in virgo) and I totally agree with you. I think my "most" virgo trait is (over)analysing.