I need guidance.

katydid

With your Venus in the 10th of career, trining Saturn in the 2nd of income, I do believe you could make a living as an artist.

But I would like to hear your description of 'being an artist.' What does that look like to you? Do you mean painting on canvas and selling them in a studio?

What does it entail, in your mind, to be making a living as an artist?:

Ukpoohbear

This sounds like your South Node to me, a lack of emotional attachment type thing. But instinctively, I feel this will be really good for your art work. It will help you grow as a person. You could actually take inspiration from the ‘void of nothingness’ you experience. Maybe just let your art go and for now and see where the void takes you. Who are you, if you are not an ‘artist?’ Let go all expectations, give up the dream and see what lies beyond the veil. Then paint :smile: don’t paint because you wanna make money or be ‘seen,’ paint because you know what it’s like to be forgotten.

Ukpoohbear

Katydid pointed out the Venus 10th trine Saturn in2nd. So you have it in you to be an artist. I know it’s hard, it’s not meant to be easy but maybe you need to lose yourself to become an even better artist. Then your NN Leo in 5th can offer healing to people. What is a 16 year old going to bring to the table when compared to somebody who has fought and clawed their way up a mountain?

A 16 year old may have been born with some natural gift that comes from the psychic realms, that’s been inherited on to this life, but unless that 16 year old understands pain, how much can they really express through their art?

You’re going to be an amazing artist and right now it’s lile it’s slipping away from you and I don’t expect you to accept it lightly. But trust me, with that NN in 5th and Venus-Saturn aspect in your 10th and 2nd house, you’re gonna be an artist. The difference is, by the time you get there, you will understand pain and want to be an artists because you want to heal people through your art. And that is priceless.

Don’t apologize for being mopey either, you’re a suffering artist. Much better to have some grit to you than someone who is pulling out paintings straight from art school.

Good luck out there.

JUPITERASC

that sounds really beautiful and deep thank you... thing is, I don't really know myself without art. The closest career path that I could think for myself that isn't in the field of art is to work in cat shelters and have my own boarding cattery business in the future or a no kill free roaming rescue shelter as I really like cats and taking care of them. That would really make me happy I guess but I honestly don't think my purpose lies in there. I identify as a marxist. I used to want to infuse art with activism, and art is the only way for me to have that big audience... I also felt unstoppable bc thinking of concepts was v effortless, I get inspiration from almost anything. I also feel v spiritual when doing art. Art comprises everything for me, my humanitarian purpose, my need for emotional vulnerability, my need for adoration, spiritual connection, my competitive and ambitious side, happiness......

Now... I watch my favorite films and this question will pop up in my head "Why did I even like this?" bc I feel nothing. Concepts are mediocre and definitely something that ppl have seen before. Nothing new, nothing original. Used to pride myself for being so out of the box and my art teachers and classmates appreciate that. Feels depressing when I realize I won't be able to reach something in the field if I continue being like this.

I also need to mention that I can't enjoy my faith now. Used to pray everyday to the universe. Now I don't. How can someone with strong piscean energy live without faith or any forms of spirituality?

I also don't have the luxury of time and I'm in a country with less opportunities... I'm already 20 and not long after, I might be a starving artist bc who knows i maybe too old when other artists around me achieve much more at the age of 16.

I really wish this isn't a permanent thing. It's like I really really don't want to give my dreams up but I feel like a different person from before and I'm hoping that it's only the effect of the meds and my brain will repair itself back. I feel like some unknown force is erasing my sense of self, forcing me in a different path when I think being an artist is really perfect for me.
Can anyone see into my future

and drop the good or bad news? Or is that impossible with astrology?

Also. I'm sorry for being so mopey.

Annual Profections: Finding the Ruler of the Year :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETAkGgqoEsI

The place where the count starts, ie the first house, can make a difference: the Egyptian method (which ahs always been the dominant one, and is the one followed by Valens) begins the count at 0 (in other words, the year after birth = the 1st house and is counted as 0) Paulus of Alexandria differed, and began the count at 1 (in other words, the year after birth = the 1st house and is counted as 1) I myself have followed the Pauline profection (all of the available authors have chosen to follow the Egyptian method of starting @ 0, including Lehman, Ben Dykes, etc)
In my experience I have found Pauline profection to be the more accurate profection method
difference is that Valens and many Hellenistic Astrologers
time profections as follows :smile:
The ascendant is considered as being time of birth so from birth to the cusp of the 2nd house is considered to relate to the first year of life: from cusp of 2nd to cusp of 3rd encompasses the second year of life (ie from age one to age two) and so on around the natal chart returning to the Ascendant for the twelfth year of life

by the way
check out Omnisphericus thread entitled "Profections (Praxis)
This is the basic technique given by Paulus of Annual Profections of the Ascendant, i.e. profection of the Ascendant from one sign to the next for each year of life. The Ruler of the Sign in which the Ascendant is falling in that particular year is called 'The Lord of the Year".
This technique is quite simple and you do not need to calculate degrees, only signs.
If you are born with Aries rising, on the Solar Return the next year (when you are 1 year old) the Profected Ascendant would be in Taurus and the Lord of the Year would be Venus.

The Ages 0, 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96 and etc., are the 'Profection Return' (to invent a title xD), the Ascendant in those years is the same as it was at the birth, so the Lord of the Year is the same too.

Years 1, 13, 25, 37, 49, 61, 73, 85, 97 are given to the 2nd sign from the Ascendant.

Here's a chart:

View attachment 27162

The Lord of the Year is having the same function as the Lord of the Year at nativity. It is most significant planet, ruling the place where the Soul (the Sky) and Body (earth) are merging (at the Ascendant).
Here's what Paulus says about the Lord of the year in profections: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47191

JUPITERASC

tma_brennan_3profections.png

Kannon

warrior rising,

I strongly suggest you avoid consulting tarot or astrological particulars in the attempt to answer your many questions. They are only adding to your confusion by way of their symbolism that can be interpreted numerous ways that could very well work against you.

Yes, you are overthinking this. I strongly suggest you think primarily about what you want to do today -- and do it. And keep doing that one day at a time.

Avoid these long-term speculations and questions about the overall outcome of your life. You're multiplying your own anxiety with them. Just live doing what you love one day at a time. So make some uninspired art, but keep doing it until you get your feeling and inspiration back.

And no, the universe is not conspiring to keep you or anyone from their dreams. Besides, you don't have to choose between being an artist or doing a mundane job. If you are an artist you will do art even if you also do a mundane job.

CHANGE is what you are doing NOW, but trusting that it will work out well. Take it one step and one day at a time.

I also don't have the luxury of time ...

If you make it a belief that time is somehow a luxury you cannot afford you may do yourself in before you get started. Live one day at a time. Do today what your heart knows and wants.

You are indeed in a challenging situation, and I don't think you'll get the guidance you really need from astrological particulars or symbolic thinking at this time. I think more a more grounded approach that focuses directly on health and body and today's actions would be far more effective.

Sometimes it is helpful to just stop thinking and focus on breathing slowly as a way to begin getting grounded. Most of the time we can breathe our way out of or through a crisis (instead of thinking our way out of it).

We live one breath at a time. One inhale, one exhale.

So while I will draw on some astrological factors here in my advice to you, I will not be using astrological terms. I'll try to draw more on my experience as an herbalist and healer as it may be relevant to your situation.

I understand you are seeking to empower yourself and find real well being and I honor that.

You are in a window of opportunity now for making positive, self-empowering changes to your pattern of action. It is time to believe in yourself more, to strengthen your resolve, to bring your objectives into focus. This is a window of opportunity that will last for a couple more years.

You are also undergoing an inner revolution of values and how you value yourself and your abilities long-term. Don't expect it to pay off right away or to be appreciated by others. It is a process -- your process and should be steered by you based on your own long-term considerations.

Over the next several years you will have increasing confidence and drive with an increased urge to take risks you cannot fully see or evaluate alone. So it is very helpful, perhaps even necessary for you to choose a mentor or consistent guide in your life who can exercise objectivity, but can be relied on for their wisdom and honesty. That might be a paid counselor, elder, but it should be someone who can exercise loving detachment.

You are young enough that your ideals in life have not yet been fully set. Consider that they are in development and your objectives will need to remain flexible as you experience more life and learn more. Be very careful that you do not turn disappointments into harmful beliefs against yourself or others. You will have disappointments or circumstances that develop in a different direction than you'd hoped. It is important not to take it personally or feed a mindset of uncertainty or mistrust.

More specifically to your health ...

I recommend you focus on the positive by learning about brain health and how you can feed your brain good nutrition and trust it to do its thing.

To create the best internal balance for health requires thinking in terms of energy: balancing the flow of energy through your body and understanding the material mechanisms for doing that. Basic nutritional elements like B-vitamins, minerals, etc, can be helpful, but there are tools that go deeper into the mind-body connection.

I suggest you seek out the help of an experienced professional homeopath who can evaluate your underlying constitution and identify effective homeopathy and overall health plan for you. This is possible via online tools even if there is no such homeopath near you. Many practitioners do facetime or zoom consultations now.

Meanwhile, the herb Skullcap can be used 2-4 times daily to calm high anxiety, and also acts as a significant brain tonic.

Please read my response a second or third time before letting flow a stream of further questions. I'm not telling you to not use your mind, but to absorb my suggestions and reflect on what is truly relevant to you and actionable now.

And breath. Breathing is more important than thinking.

We live one breath at a time.