Rethinking Mercury in Pisces..

RayAustin

osmosis - you absorb information thro your skin!!!!! (plants absorb nutrients in this way) its like heightened intiution.
down side you can soak up negativity .
ive been described that I am like a sponge. have to do lots of protection - I use crystals for that now.

The downside is that you can be "too open". Ready to absorb anything and everything if the person has too much water in their chart; this could make them prey to people who feed on the gullible.

I think a debilitated Merc/Pisces with bad aspects from the 9th house ruler (and involving neptune) could show those attracted to cult religion thinking. It's not just Mercury, could be Sun in Pisces .. etc or not even Pisces. But Mercury as we know is the closest ruler of the mind, and Pisces associated religion, so that's why it's exampled.

r.a. :smile:

pudinnpop

I have natal merc in pisces and let me tell u,it can be downright confusing at times.I "feel" my way thro stuff at times without any real concrete logic and or evidence,but i just "know" Right no my SR has neptune in the 3rd and im going thro traniting neptune square neptune that lovely generational transit!!:crying:SO needless to say ,my merc isnt functioning that great,i find my short term memory is a mess and learning anything new is just a waste of time!!! I forget it as soon as i learn it.Im finding myself re-learning things ive already have learned and even those things i keep forgetting.It is very very Frausrtating to say the least!!Especially doing astrology.I forget what certain aspects mean etc etc and have to go and dbl check everything!! UGH..So merc in pisces is hard enuff,but when the ruler is Hooped its even harder!!

LittleMiss

I very much agree with RayAustin on good and bad affects of Mercury in Pisces.
I have Mercury in Pisces in 6th house, I think Mercury does well when it's in the Virgo house.

But I also recognize the part of beeing too open. I take in other peoples moods and feelings, and are seldom able to differenciate what is mine and what is others. Because of this I need alot of time to myself, to rid myself from other energys literally. That is okey now, that I know why and are an adult, but growing up and not knowing why was difficult.

I consider myself intelligent. I have a strong mind and belive I can learn anything I set my mind to. (Mercury Trine pluto). But I'm not at all practical. I struggle with numbers, and I associate everything according to feelings. I have a hard time remembering details...especially if I think they are boring. I'm good with language, words and music, that comes natural to me. I also really loved history in school, in that class I could picture things in my head, hear the sound and smell the smells from foreign times almost.

It is much, much more to say about this placements, this was just a few points.

I very much agree with the idea that a planet in its fall isn't "bad" or not working, it just works differently.

Last edited:

pudinnpop

Totally agreeing with the whole forgetting of detail thing miss,lol!!!
My merc is in the 9th house so in sagges house!! I am intelligent as well but get murky with the more "techincal" side of things.I sucked at math but was awesome in biology sciences and of the like!!

JerryRR

Thank you Byjove.

Lincoln's Draco Sun/Asc con US r Sun.His Draco Me/Pl con US NN.
US Draco Sun and Mercury in Pisces.
The battle at Fort Sumter Me/Ne in Pisces.

J. :)

LittleMiss

I have natal merc in pisces and let me tell u,it can be downright confusing at times.I "feel" my way thro stuff at times without any real concrete logic and or evidence,but i just "know" Right no my SR has neptune in the 3rd and im going thro traniting neptune square neptune that lovely generational transit!!:crying:SO needless to say ,my merc isnt functioning that great,i find my short term memory is a mess and learning anything new is just a waste of time!!! I forget it as soon as i learn it.Im finding myself re-learning things ive already have learned and even those things i keep forgetting.It is very very Frausrtating to say the least!!Especially doing astrology.I forget what certain aspects mean etc etc and have to go and dbl check everything!! UGH..So merc in pisces is hard enuff,but when the ruler is Hooped its even harder!!

I have a mixture of the detail-thing. I learn quickly, but forget details that doesn't mean "that much" to me. But I remember details that I've felt something about. I don't have problems with something I'm pasionate about.
It is here I think my 6th house placement helps my Mercury, beacause my mind like to organize. I categorize a lot, makes list, and to learn something really well I have to write things down.

byjove

Account Closed
Hey Pudin! I've my Mercury in the 9th of Pisces too! (very end of house, but if you're in the 'foot in both' camps...)

Could it get any more fragmented?! 9th and Pisces!

What aspects do people have to help/not help their Pisces Mercs.?

Last edited:

pudinnpop

well i got merc sextile to saturn.I guess i have the opportunity to focus my thoughts more,but id have to put an effort into it...When its something im intrested in,i can grasp it a bit more..

RayAustin

Hi Puddin,
well i got merc sextile to saturn.I guess i have the opportunity to focus my thoughts more,but id have to put an effort into it...When its something im intrested in,i can grasp it a bit more..

Yes, Saturn is going to help you out a bit. That gives you patience to "figure things out" and should strengthen your memory (Saturn rules memory) and sense of mental organization -- but it's a sextile, a weak one at that (there's no relation between Sat/Merc) so as you say, something you have to work at but a gift nonetheless.

According to astro.com you have Mercury square Jupiter, sextile Saturn, quincunx Herschel/Uranus, and square Neptune (though the orb is laughable) and a conjunction to the Sun. Most of them are difficult aspects.

1) The most difficult is going to be the Merc/Sun conjunction since this is combustion and weakens Mercury and makes it even harder to see the details because of the Pisces influence and nature of combustion.

2) The quincunx is another difficult aspect because Herschel is going to upset the constancy of your mind, theoretically (I'm not a quincunx type of astrologer though, just putting it out there).

3) I think the Merc/Jupiter square with Jupiter conjunct Neptune would give you an overabundance of ideas that might take time to figure out.

Let me know. :happy:

Mercury happens to rule your 3rd&12th; did this also effect you in early learning? Kindergarten-middle school. Either way Mercury is in the 9th so it would definitely affect you in college&etc.

r.a. :wink:

Last edited:

pudinnpop

wow thats right on...No i was smart in school,but i do tend to get a million ideas at once and get dreamy about them ,but then i quicky forget about them as fast,lol!!!

JerryRR

Josef Mengele,(The Angel of Death),has Mercury in Pisces,con MC.
Sabian Symbol:A little white lamb,a child,and a Chinese Servant.

Sun con Mercury,Mercury 30 Venus,tr Ju,45 Sa,tr Ne,sq Pl.

45 Midpoints.
MO/SA=ME/SA ME/MA.
ME=NN/MA JU/UR.
MA=ME/MC.
ASC/SA=ME/MA ME/SA.

90 Midpoints.
ASC=ME/SA.
MO=ME/SA.

Lilly Strength. -10.

Nazi Party,Mercury in Pisces.

J. :)

Frank

My research into those with Mensa-level intelligence shows Mercury in Pisces as the most significant Mercury placement when compared against a control group.

Dew9

That is pretty interesting.

I have Mercury in Pisces in cazimi with my sun in Pisces. :love:

And yes both in 2nd House. :love:

Saturn and Mars both in Scorpio in 10 trine with that Mercury, so I guess that holds me back into practicality whenever I slide in the usual imaginative and dreamy mode. Yes, I offer see right through someone else's motive by intuition making me understand them better even if sometimes I do not understand how I managed to understand and deal with them!

I confess I am a published poet and writer at a very young age and it was all accidental.

Was Albert Einstein a mercury in pisces I know he was a late pisces sun?.

No, he had Mercury in Aries. But Charles Darwin, who wrote 'The Origin of Species' had Mercury in Pisces, and so did Abraham Lincoln.

I've worked with about three charts that have Mercury in Pisces. One is an editor, publisher and published Poet, (Moon in Capricorn too), one creates unique didgeridoos and explores the connection between vibration in sound and the body's healing capacities and one I have yet to get to know.

The scientist Richard Dawkins, famous for his book 'The God Delusion' also has Mercury in Pisces.

venus in scorpio 1987

what about mercury exact conjuction with neptune in capricorn? also exact inconjuction with asc in cancer!
I't hard to concentrate, I like my mind to be free without restrictions. Dreaming with eyes open is ok but I know for sure what is reality and what is not and When I chose to ''dream'' it'a a conscious choice. (capricorn saves the situation. If this conj was in a water sign, things would be very difficult for me).

byjove

Account Closed
Very interesting!

I've my Mercury in Pisces conjunct MC (exact) trine Cancer AC (exact) but you and I are birds of a feather there I think...

P.s. I wonder does the Mercury affect on physical appearance shrink things; I've pretty small ears, and small for a guy! Actually, generally small facial features! :tongue: