Which house rules happiness?

dd78

In questions about general personal happiness/life satisfaction or happiness/satisfaction in a relationship, which house rules the quesited?

5th and 5th from 7th, respectively?

Chrysalis

5th isn't happiness, just because someone does some hobbies, or plays poker, or goes out drinking etc, this doesn't necessarily make them happy.

What are you actually asking ?

Dignity of the significators would tell you more about if someones happy/content.

dd78

5th isn't happiness, just because someone does some hobbies, or plays poker, or goes out drinking etc, this doesn't necessarily make them happy.

What are you actually asking ?

Dignity of the significators would tell you more about if someones happy/content.

thank you,
The querent is severely depressed and devastated right now and asked if she could ever be happy again;
so which quesited house one would use?
Querent`s significator is rx, in 12th house, peregrine and ex cond

chart is radical

Last edited:

Chrysalis

thank you,
The querent is severely depressed and devastated right now and asked if she could ever be happy again;
so which quesited house one would use?
Querent`s significator is rx, in 12th house, peregrine and ex cond

chart is radical

Your looking at the state of querents planet at present, and if theres any applying aspects to any malefics etc, is the planet about to move signs into better dignity.

dd78

Your looking at the state of querents planet at present, and if theres any applying aspects to any malefics etc, is the planet about to move signs into better dignity.
querent`s significator Jupiter makes/receives no aspects currently, unless a sextile to Pluto counts?
Is Jupiter void of course?
Jupiter`s dispositor, Mars, is exalted in Capricorn.
Jupiter is moving towards his term in Scorpio,where he will turn direct, but it`s going to take few months before that happens.
Moon is on DC in Gemini, applying sextile to stationary retrograde Mercury.

dd78

Jupiter is also in a pitted degree and conjunct fixed star Unukhalai,
it leaves querent without any hope, I guess:unsure:

Chrysalis

Jupiter is also in a pitted degree and conjunct fixed star Unukhalai,

The pitted degree is probably not helping, 21/22° both being PD of scorpio, jups rx back towards 21° and then direct towards 22° again, so this may delay things further.

Unukhalai i don't think is really a relevant fixed star here is it, whats the meaning ?

tikana

gang

there will always be SOMETHING that will throw a negative twist

but ...

if lets say mars goes from libra to scorpio - mars gets a lot happier but if we are dealing with 1/7 issues ... venus will feel neglected if we are looking for venus/mars connection
like mars will have no time for venus unless it applies to venus .. since mars will want venus

the other way you can check of someone is happy by accidental dignity or in joy house.

right now there is interesting square going on

sun/Saturn -- sun is super happy clashing with Saturn .. sun wants Saturn
Saturn is not happy with fiery sun BUT
it is in square BUT in theory of short / long ascension .. both in short so it should be read as sextile.

JUPITERASC

Jupiter is also in a pitted degree
and conjunct fixed star Unukhalai,
conjunctions to fixed stars are noticeable when conjunct by LATITUDE
and/or DECLINATION
and not solely by Longitude :smile:
"additional tables pdf" above top left of astro.com chart
provide latitude as well as declination and longitude

declination2.gif

Figure34.gif

latitude-longitude-lines.jpg

64907-004-870197D7.jpg

ch-1-34-728.jpg

dd78

the other way you can check of someone is happy by accidental dignity or in joy house.

right now there is interesting square going on

sun/Saturn -- sun is super happy clashing with Saturn .. sun wants Saturn
Saturn is not happy with fiery sun BUT
it is in square BUT in theory of short / long ascension .. both in short so it should be read as sextile.

only Jupiter is relevant in my horary chart, but all information you gave me is very helpful and useful, anyway.
Thank you:smile:

dd78

conjunctions to fixed stars are noticeable when conjunct by LATITUDE
and/or DECLINATION
and not solely by Longitude :smile:
"additional tables pdf" above top left of astro.com chart
provide latitude as well as declination and longitude
I usually do check these additional tables out , just out of pure curiosity :smile:
this is very helpful, thank you:smile:

Senecar

I would reckon that happiness is from knowledge, perception, feelings and thoughts about something so it must be 9th house. Planet in 9th house exalted, or the ruler of 9th house strong in 1st house (body, mind of the native or querent) would be the sign of happiness.

Senecar

5th is about pleasure, which is different thing from happiness. Pleasure could cause happiness, but it is not happiness itself.

7th is usually partner, enemies or the other party = usually human being or agent. Again, it could cause, or be basis of happiness, but not happiness itself.

dd78

[
5th is about pleasure, which is different thing from happiness. Pleasure could cause happiness, but it is not happiness itself.
I agree, joy can come from pleasure, yet joy by definition can`t last longer than just a while and usually is triggered by some (internal or external) factor/-s or people.

But true happiness can only come from fulfillment of one`s needs, according to Maslow`s hierarchy of needs:

picture.php

Only fulfillment of those lower in hierarchy can lead to fulfillment of those higher. And only fulfillment of the latter can in turn lead to general and subjective life contentment, comfort, happiness, serenity, accomplishment etc. You name it.

And this is what I meant by saying "happiness" vs. sorrow, unhappiness, sadness, anguish, torment, suffering, agony etc. Again, you name it.

If your 9th house makes you happy, it simply means you generally have all your lower needs met, IMO :smile:

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
In questions about general personal happiness/life satisfaction or happiness/satisfaction in a relationship, which house rules the quesited?

So much discussion about something so simple. Tik gave you the answer. General happiness? 1st house, querent and quesited are the same. Relationship, 7th house, yaddah yadda yaddah. Listen, horary isn't always about "which house is the quesited 'thing'" because there going to be times when the "thing" isn't tangible. So as horary astrologers, we need to listen better to our querents, not take "the words they say exactly" as the question, and figure out how to cast and then read a chart that cuts to the heart of the matter.

As a side note, the less you have to turn the chart the better. Just sayin'.