Am I making the right career decision? 10th ruler ( Jupiter) in 8th house

kimbermoon

First I would offer that leaving behind the pursuit of college is not such a bad choice. Now that Uranus has shifted into the energy of Taurus, there will be big changes ahead and that is something that you need to embrace and this can involve following your own path and doing something that has greater meaning for you. Doing something that leaves you feeling passionless and doesn't provide the right type of security you need is not worth doing.

Your Nodal Axis provides hints as to what your Soul Purpose is, and part of your purpose is to let go of the sense that financial security must be the bottom line in life. There is much for you to explore in terms of self-awareness and delving into the mysteries of life. Make it want you want it to be.

Jupiter in the 8th H shows where you can best expand and explore, hinting at in-depth and perhaps mystical pursuits. You carry magnetic powers that can be helpful in healing others
[psychologically or spiritual]. You might well be successful in matters associated with research investigation or counselling and be a strong problem-solver. Jupiter is involved in a strong Kite Pattern, involving a grand water trine .

Read more about that here:
http://seattleastrology.org/the-unique-and-special-nature-of-the-astrology-kite-pattern/

In relationships you can be instinctual, generous and giving.
You are also of the Indigo generation, denoting that you have special gifts to be used in humanitarian or communal endeavours. You also have a strong leaning towards gaining higher awareness and self-understanding, that can also benefit others.

At the same time you have personal lessons and challenges that you will need to overcome to move towards your higher potential. These involve polarizing energies between Jupiter and Mars, as well as Venus in opposition to Uranus/Neptune; these are areas you need to study more about. I would offer my help in exploring your chart in greater detail.

lisahearts

Venus in opposition to Uranus/Neptune;

I always wonder why most people see this aspect as a challenging one, I always thought it has a positive effect on relationships... as for career and vocational issues, I’m not sure

Oddity

Ever thought about something like writing or photography - or turning a hobby into some kind of income? You, more than most, may need a job that's got some fun in it.

lisahearts

Ever thought about something like writing or photography - or turning a hobby into some kind of income? You, more than most, may need a job that's got some fun in it.

Yes, I used to make jewelry to sell online, didn’t make much of an income but I enjoyed putting in the work. I am good at art and love animals but unfortunately a lot of my hobbies cannot actually translate into careers that will bring stable or livable income.

Apes209

Hi Lisa,
I think Kimber gave some great insight for you regarding your node. Yours is in Scorpio, in the 9th house. Uranus and Saturn also tie in to this too I would say, because Aquarius is your ascendant so that would be your ruling planets. Because your Uranus is in your 12th house, and your true node is in your 9th house, I would focus on jobs that have to do with helping other people with drug issues, or forensics/criminal justice/law. Uranus and your true node scorpio are trining each other, so I think the universe is encouraging you to get personal and call out people on their sh*t, scope out their secret and stuff, lol. You're also going to be fulfilled from higher learning and travelling, so focus on self fulfillment and things that make you feel like you are expanding and growing in this world. If you're still thinking about the possibility of school maybe you can try majoring in psyhology/philosophy as an undergraduate, and then going on to graduate school.
Another idea I'd propose is massage. It's stress free, and it can give you alot of say in your scheduling. It also helps people in a deep way. You have a nurturing cancer moon and I think your scorpio node will like it too. Massage therapists also tend to be into astrology and reiki, so it will be a good side job until you figure out what you want to do. I am struggling in finding what I want to do too and am also in community college. The only caveat I have with massage is that it can be alot on your body, and the best way to go about being in massage is having your own clients. You'll get paid the most that way. Maybe it would be easy for you to build clients, or maybe you'll have a hard time. In the case that you do, you'll have to accept working at massage envy or a chiro's office that is underpaid for what you do, but it will be more than minimum wage. Depending on where you live, you'll have to take the MBLEX. (in california, recently they made a bill where you dont have to starting january 2019). The key is to find a cheap massage school that is accredited. Hope this helps!