Freedom Within Fate - Going Against the Grain

byjove

Account Closed
How much can one go against the prevailing winds? Agreed, that every planet in the sky, fixed stars etc. have their part to play. There can be a few possible meanings to connections and combinations. The natal chart influences expression additionally.

But when strong signs of something build up, say with outer planet transits, add progressions or solar arc, solar return or whatever you tend to use, sometimes some things seem fated. Can we really go against it?

My head frequently guides me to the wrong places. But my intuition is very good. I pick up undercurrents and store them, sometimes what and why I'm picking up things isn't obvious but I tend to find out my intuition was correct. This year a couples of times I've felt like I've gone off the guiding rail (for better or worse).

Has anyone else experienced this?

muchacho

How much can one go against the prevailing winds? Agreed, that every planet in the sky, fixed stars etc. have their part to play. There can be a few possible meanings to connections and combinations. The natal chart influences expression additionally.

But when strong signs of something build up, say with outer planet transits, add progressions or solar arc, solar return or whatever you tend to use, sometimes some things seem fated. Can we really go against it?

My head frequently guides me to the wrong places. But my intuition is very good. I pick up undercurrents and store them, sometimes what and why I'm picking up things isn't obvious but I tend to find out my intuition was correct. This year a couples of times I've felt like I've gone off the guiding rail (for better or worse).

Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, intuition is always right. The challenge for most people probably is telling the difference between an impulse that comes from intuition and an impulse that comes from social programming.

byjove

Account Closed
I'm glad someone else understands this. This really has been a year learning about 'fate' and our charts.

Maybe fate isn't the fixed point in the future I thought it was. Maybe there are different possible fates.

For whatever reason, I feel like this train just took an unexpected turn...

heidy26

You can't fight fate.
In my opinion, the natal chart is just a map in unlocking the potential you have to fulfill the destiny promised. That doesn't mean you can go against the current.
If your NN points to helping people and you are self-centered and honestly disinterested in doing what you have to do, this lesson will have to be dealt at a certain point, next life or in 2-3 lives.
That doesn't mean someone out there will 'forget' about it.
Regarding intuition and rational side, my intuition is very very strong. Since forever I've been ignoring it, but it never failed me.
If my intuition tells me something [and it always does, constantly] and I listen to my mind, I always get wrong.
I often distrust the intuition because it seems rationally impossible to be accurate in most of the situations, but in the end, the outcome is exactly how my intuition told me it will be and not how my rational side judged it.
So... recently I have learned to trust it and to always follow it.

muchacho

I'm glad someone else understands this. This really has been a year learning about 'fate' and our charts.

Maybe fate isn't the fixed point in the future I thought it was. Maybe there are different possible fates.

For whatever reason, I feel like this train just took an unexpected turn...
It definitely isn't. There's a big difference between events being fated/destined and events being predetermined. The first one can be altered any time, the second one can't be altered and is set in stone since the beginning of time. Fate/destiny is like a trajectory, you can jump off any time. But if you decide to stay on that trajectory, then certain developments and events are unavoidable and sort of predictable because things and events do follow a certain order, there's a ordering principle.

byjove

Account Closed
It definitely isn't. There's a big difference between events being fated/destined and events being predetermined. The first one can be altered any time, the second one can't be altered and is set in stone since the beginning of time. Fate/destiny is like a trajectory, you can jump off any time. But if you decide to stay on that trajectory, then certain developments and events are unavoidable and sort of predictable because things and events do follow a certain order, there's a ordering principle.

Hi! I spent some time pondering this.

You get exactly what I mean (and others too!). I'm glad it's not just me.

I genuinely believe some things this year were fated to happen. And most definitely with the first, I knowingly 'jumped off the train'. I didn't like what was happening so I opted out. A second one, I did again.Things don't look good and change is needed.

I don't this has ever happened before. There's some serious Pluto action going on in my chart (transit) and I think there's more to come.

I've found this very confusing because I thought probably there were fixed points and places which were fated and that things would continue a certain direction. Almost irrespective of our will. Perhaps not.

muchacho

Hi! I spent some time pondering this.

You get exactly what I mean (and others too!). I'm glad it's not just me.

I genuinely believe some things this year were fated to happen. And most definitely with the first, I knowingly 'jumped off the train'. I didn't like what was happening so I opted out. A second one, I did again.Things don't look good and change is needed.

I don't this has ever happened before. There's some serious Pluto action going on in my chart (transit) and I think there's more to come.

I've found this very confusing because I thought probably there were fixed points and places which were fated and that things would continue a certain direction. Almost irrespective of our will. Perhaps not.
Yeah, it's nice to have a real dialog. :smile:

You see, one reason I don't work with transits is that in the long run it's disempowering, no matter if you have 'good' or 'bad' transits because it suggests that you are nailed onto a certain trajectory which means certain circumstances and events. I'm not flatout denying such influences, but as you've just said, you make a conscious decision and off you go on another trajectory or at least onto a different level of that same trajectory.

Also, since you mention our will, this will is part of a larger will, an impersonal will so to speak. Sure, you can make your decisions and make changes, but your fundamental nature you won't change. And there are greater and more profound trajectories already in motion, like the Earth going around the Sun, gravity, the range of your physical perception (you are not going to smell like a dog if you are born a human) etc... There's a lot already in place which you are not going to change from your personal perspective. But nevertheless, this personal perspective is part of a greater impersonal perspective from where everything is possible. And when this separation between these two perspectives is watered down and eventually disappears, that's when you feel fully in charge. If you only look at life from your personal perspective, you'll never feel fully in charge. You have to open up to another level of existence first.

So, is it all fated or not, yes and no. Depends on how you look at it.