Obsessive, goal driven and hate losing. Where in my chart is it coming from?

I have heard the wise people on this forum (Osamenor who I have tons of respect for) talk about how I have a chart that is more Plutonian than average but I was wondering, is that it? Is that where a lot of my tendencies are coming from?

At times I just feel like no matter how far I have to go, I will go and push myself. I become obsessed with a goal and have this whole hyper competitive mindset of not wanting to lose in life or in general. It isn't just that, I also feel like I am the kind of guy who can hold a grudge for ages but even beyond on that, my personality is more in line with that of a hyper-macho type of guy.

Is it all Pluto talking?

https://i.imgur.com/iIkdvAQ.png

Last edited:

katydid

Yes, the Pluto in your chart is very strong. But so is Saturn. And they are battling each other, as the exalted Sun in Leo joins the 3 way battle.

It is very interesting that the Sun, Saturn and Pluto are all EXALTED. . And they are in a FiXED T-Square. So 3 of the most powerful planets are exalted [in their own rulerships], and in a volatile T-square formation.

HOWEVER, they are placed in cadent house. If they are in Angular houses, they might be descriptive of a very assertive and aggressive, go getter, dominant type of leader. But they are in the weaker, less physical, more mental sphere.

So all of the power, seen in this dominant, aggressive T-Square, is acting out in the cadent, inner oriented, mental houses. Perhaps much of the powerful battle is an internal struggle? :ninja:

The intense battle for power and domination might be a personal internal struggle with your own inner demons and breaking out of your own prison? You might be your own worst enemy at times? :bandit:

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I have heard the wise people on this forum (Osamenor who I have tons of respect for)
talk about how I have a chart that is more Plutonian than average but I was wondering, is that it? Is that where a lot of my tendencies are coming from?

Pluto plays a part, yes. But I think the first and foremost reason for this is that you have so much fixed energy in your chart. Half of your planets plus your ascendant are in fixed signs. As katydid pointed out, the fixed planets make a t-square, which has them battling it out with each other. Those fixed planets also include your three domiciled ones. It's like they're all equally strong rulers of equally strong kingdoms who all want to be in charge of everything.

More astrology 101: the fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius) are the ones that keep up dogged pursuit of whatever they're pursuing and don't give in. Your planets in three of those four signs give you a lot of fixed sign trait.

Add Pluto to the mix--a very strong Pluto--and all the planets are reacting to Pluto. It's like they're all saying, "Oh yeah? Talk to me about power? I'll show you how powerful I am!"

The "hyper-macho" personality is probably there because you are male, so those impulses get read by people around you as extra male. A woman with your same chart would also have those traits, but they would be interpreted differently by others, and so might manifest differently.

That could also be a reaction to your early experiences of power. Was your abusive father hyper-macho kind of guy? It's possible that you are, deep down, emulating him in the hypermasculinity in order to claim some of the power that he held over you.

miquar

Hi. The Sun Pluto square is very wide, but Saturn closely aspects the Sun/Pluto midpoint, which helps to pull the t-square together. Mars looks to be on your Sun/Moon midpoint, which will add to the competitiveness.

Also relevant, I think, is Chiron conjunct the Sun and Mercury, with all three being reasonably closely opposite Saturn. Chiron can bring a feeling of weakness and thus a need to prove the prowess of the planets it touches. It can also bring resentment. Note that Mercury rules Mars and also the Moon, both of which have to do with survival.

Personally I would reduce the orbs to 80%

Best wishes

Miquar

watcherofthesouth

Here's what I see: Leo Leo Leo Leo!!

I also see your True Node (some say it's "destiny") is in Sagittarius and so many planets in the 12th also mean foreign lands. I would recommend that you direct your energy in positive ways that are Leo (fitness/strength/restaurants, France!) and Sagittarius (foreign/philosophy/studying) related. You are very fortunate to have so much energy if you can find the outlets where you are most effective. You probably have issues at work/job (6th house) and do the best if you are working at home (or even working out at home) or outside. This looks like it could be a chart of someone who has a fitness business at home that communicates often (YouTube). I mention all of this so that you can redirect your effort on the fortunate parts of your chart.

Here's what I see: Leo Leo Leo Leo!!

I also see your True Node (some say it's "destiny") is in Sagittarius and so many planets in the 12th also mean foreign lands. I would recommend that you direct your energy in positive ways that are Leo (fitness/strength/restaurants, France!) and Sagittarius (foreign/philosophy/studying) related. You are very fortunate to have so much energy if you can find the outlets where you are most effective. You probably have issues at work/job (6th house) and do the best if you are working at home (or even working out at home) or outside. This looks like it could be a chart of someone who has a fitness business at home that communicates often (YouTube). I mention all of this so that you can redirect your effort on the fortunate parts of your chart.

Any career advice lol?

watcherofthesouth

I would say communicating behind the scenes/secret (mercury in 12th) for the military or something having to do with metal or weapons (Mars in career house). Your analytical mind and strong communication skills will serve you well, and you could be a very good teacher (Jupiter in 1st). Health/wellness/fitness + analysis also very good.

I mention your career because it can offset areas that are difficult if you focus on the positive areas.

I would say communicating behind the scenes/secret (mercury in 12th) for the military or something having to do with metal or weapons (Mars in career house). Your analytical mind and strong communication skills will serve you well, and you could be a very good teacher (Jupiter in 1st). Health/wellness/fitness + analysis also very good.

I mention your career because it can offset areas that are difficult if you focus on the positive areas.

Do you see anything long term in regards to marketing, sales and advertising??

watcherofthesouth

Your MC is at 25 degrees of Taurus (although Gemini is also in 10th which is communication) - long term, you could make a lot of money (Taurus) as a business owner (25 degrees is the Aries degree which indicates business owner or trailblazer of some kind). It's obvious that you could be extremely successful with marketing/advertising but you need to be out front with whatever you are doing. Cause Marketing could be one of many options. Pluto in 3rd house is "super communicator" and Uranus in 5th is highly intelligent + Neptune in 5th is very creative. You'll have more success working from home or if you have fun while you're working (networking) than if you are at a job that you go to daily (Saturn in 6th). It appears that you may have a mentor that will help you.

The combination of Aries/Leo is very strong but I would suggest exercising as much as you can or other activities that require highly intensive activity to offset the energy, or just concentrate on creative projects as much as possible.

Btw, your mate will probably have beautiful hair but be careful how you communicate because it could be construed as too aggressive. Meditating helps.

Kite

"HOWEVER, they are placed in cadent house. If they are in Angular houses, they might be descriptive of a very assertive and aggressive, go getter, dominant type of leader. But they are in the weaker, less physical, more mental sphere."

Actually when reading the chart from a whole sign house perspective - they are Angular. Regulus at the Ascendant (Trump aspect) may also be driving some of the competitiveness.

katydid

"HOWEVER, they are placed in cadent house. If they are in Angular houses, they might be descriptive of a very assertive and aggressive, go getter, dominant type of leader. But they are in the weaker, less physical, more mental sphere."

Actually when reading the chart from a whole sign house perspective - they are Angular. Regulus at the Ascendant (Trump aspect) may also be driving some of the competitiveness.

I would be curious to see how they really play out in the natives real life. And it might be hard to take their personal perspective on it.

Are they spinning their wheels a lot, and trapped in their head, going through internalized struggles/drama? Indecisive, and maybe unable to get their career fully in motion? They feel blocked by others and frustrated by things beyond their control?

OR

Are they making big moves in business, real go getters, getting things done,being ambitious and making powerful decisions?