Escape! From the Cult of Materialism

AppLeo

What makes you think death will be the exception to your experiences?

What do you mean? I live in a material world so I'm going to live materialistically. ONce I die and go to wherever, I don't even know, then I'll live spiritually because I'll be in the spiritual world.

It doesn't make sense to pursue spirituality when we live a material world. If I can touch, see, hear, taste, smell this world that is material... then I want to do what I can to enjoy how I how I sense this world.

I have no senses that allow me to sense any other dimensions or planes or spirituality.

There's a difference between enjoying the material plane and being a slave to materialism.

Being a slave to materialism is enjoying materialism. To live on Earth, in a sense, is hard work. We are constantly working to make our lives more enjoyable and comfortable.

If you don't want to be a slave to materialism then kill yourself. I'm not saying that you, specifically, should. I'm saying in general. To be alive is to be materialistic. To dead is to be one with the spirits. If you want spirituality instead of pursuing material possessions and see no use for them and see no point in enjoying them, then seriously just kill yourself. What's the point in living a life of materialism if you don't believe in materialism.

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator
Quotation-Nelson-Mandela-Like-slavery-and-apartheid-poverty-is-not-natural-It-is-54-63-43.jpg

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

CapAquaPis

Our society and culture are materialist, esp. since the 1980s and probably the 1950s when consumerism took off. Millennials are increasingly anti-materialist, they live in less prosperous times and are less prosperous than the Baby boom generation before them. We had the worst recession in 80 years (2008-11) vs. the Great Depression (1929-41), so we're changing the way we want things or stuff. I find it ironic the Boomers were in the anti-materialist phase (hippies in the 1960s/70s) rejected their parents' enjoyment of prosperity, then grew up to adults (yuppies in the 1980s/90s) whom were obsessed with money or material goods. And we have the widest income disparity since the 1920s, the middle class have began to view themselves as the "new poor" and materialism will be abandoned as well rejected by Millennials unable to pursue an affluent lifestyle.

Phoenix Venus

What do you mean? I live in a material world so I'm going to live materialistically. ONce I die and go to wherever, I don't even know, then I'll live spiritually because I'll be in the spiritual world.

My point is why should death be any different than life. Death is a physical process.

If you say death is spiritual, life must be also.

david starling

Materials keep people out of poverty. Not materialism.

"Materialists" want to keep ALL the materials under their control, so they can profit from selling them at the highest possible price. They conspire to acquire, for their own personal increase in wealth. This limits the available supply, and creates the impoverished sector of the economy. Anyone who can't afford to pay them the money they're so desperate and greedy to have, or is unwilling or unable to work for them as expendable, subservient wage-slaves, earning as little as they can possibly manage to pay them, they consider to be entirely "useless", and unworthy of any consideration or respect.

Cold Fusion

"Materialists" want to keep ALL the materials under their control, so they can profit from selling them at the highest possible price. They conspire to acquire, for their own personal increase in wealth. This limits the available supply, and creates the impoverished sector of the economy. Anyone who can't afford to pay them the money they're so desperate and greedy to have, or is unwilling or unable to work for them as expendable, subservient wage-slaves, earning as little as they can possibly manage to pay them, they consider to be entirely "useless", and unworthy of any consideration or respect.

Narcissists want everything under their control.

Cap

It doesn't make sense to pursue spirituality when we live a material world. If I can touch, see, hear, taste, smell this world that is material... then I want to do what I can to enjoy how I how I sense this world.

I have no senses that allow me to sense any other dimensions or planes or spirituality.

You are already in "spiritual" world. This particular realm appears physical to you because you are on the matching frequency with it. To touch, see, hear, taste and smell different realm you would need to change your frequency and it would appear just as physical as this realm, the only difference would be in density. But remember, selfishness and greed will lower your frequency so after this life you may end up in lower realms (also known as hell realms). Yes, there are even sh!ttier places than this one. On the bright side, you may meet your hero Ayn Rand there.

Don't believe me? Check out the first hand experiences of people who astral projected there.

Being a slave to materialism is enjoying materialism. To live on Earth, in a sense, is hard work. We are constantly working to make our lives more enjoyable and comfortable.

If you don't want to be a slave to materialism then kill yourself. I'm not saying that you, specifically, should. I'm saying in general. To be alive is to be materialistic. To dead is to be one with the spirits. If you want spirituality instead of pursuing material possessions and see no use for them and see no point in enjoying them, then seriously just kill yourself. What's the point in living a life of materialism if you don't believe in materialism.

Double_Facepalm-_Picard_Riker_3.jpg