Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

vitas

I think you'd have to have some nasty aspects going to the ascendant.. but at the same time, I have not only my sun, but neptune and uranus all square my ascendant. And this is what I look like.

tumblr_mno2qnFKm51rzj09jo1_500.jpg

It hasn't messed with my actual appearance, but people perceieve me as something I'm not. The outside doesn't reflect the inside. Its really difficult to pinpoint what aspects can effect our actual appearance, a lot of it has to do with the fact that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are rising signs that are traditionally more attractive than others though! Libra rising is thought to be the most attractive.
Also, your ascendant is ruled by Venus, the sign of beauty. It makes sense why you are attractive with that, and the multiple trines to your ascendant.

Well well well, hellooo beautiful, well you look very feminine & pretty ;) What's your venus in, moon sign & sun sign btw? oh & ascendant?

As Ascendant tells about qualities you show outside, your public mask, person mainly at first sight I suppose you may attract many women. However when a chance to build a bridge with someone, spend time in intimacy especially with opposite sex appears which involves deeper commitment saturian influences should be visible. I'm also a person with Saturn in 7th house. :whistling: From my point of view this first 28 years could be perceive as hell because many people at young age are often very fun and adventure-loving. They don't care much about responsibility and stability so person with saturn in 7th may feel inadequate to his/her age as though not many natives see relationships as serious as he/she does. But as age-mates become older they are showing more down-to-earth attitude so getting along with them looks much easier. IMO rejection is mainly an effect of that different attitudes. Although I've been rejected twice and got hurt deeply, from time perspective I honestly consider that boys behaviours superficial (they were attracted to appearance not personality or intelligence) but I guess you hide yours fears about relationships under aloof, cold, detached image which may also scare off partners. Am I right? However if you feel it concers to you just try to be more warm and open in communication and expressing your emotiones to people who looks proper in your mind. Probably it won't be easy to relax and feel comfortable but it comes more natural towards people you can instinctivily trust.

Very interesting, that pretty much sums up my question lol.. Any suggestions or advisement for someone like me? LOL...

M

may28gemini

My father has Scorpio Venus-Saturn conjunction in 7th house and he's not ever viewed relationships lightly. He was first engaged at 19 but his fiancee ran off with his best friend (probably a symptom of the 70s). He married my mother at 23 and was married to her for over 27 years. He's since been remarried for 5 years now. My dad hasn't ever viewed anything in the relationship arena to be anything but serious.

Saturn in the 7th isn't necessarily feeling inadequate in relationships... but probably marks a sense of restraint and high level of expectations when dealing with other people. I see people with 7th house Saturn as being extremely disappointed in the world because they tend to have rigid views on how others should be and have difficulty in relating to others on the general level.

vitas

My father has Scorpio Venus-Saturn conjunction in 7th house and he's not ever viewed relationships lightly. He was first engaged at 19 but his fiancee ran off with his best friend (probably a symptom of the 70s). He married my mother at 23 and was married to her for over 27 years. He's since been remarried for 5 years now. My dad hasn't ever viewed anything in the relationship arena to be anything but serious.

Saturn in the 7th isn't necessarily feeling inadequate in relationships... but probably marks a sense of restraint and high level of expectations when dealing with other people. I see people with 7th house Saturn as being extremely disappointed in the world because they tend to have rigid views on how others should be and have difficulty in relating to others on the general level.

Yea I'm on the same path, growing old & bitter through time & season, however I also have powerful aspects of pluto to my ascendant so I've been told, so I'm very scorpionic & self destructive from what I'm told...

byjove

Account Closed
A...

deeper commitment saturian influences should be visible. I'm also a person with Saturn in 7th house. :whistling: From my point of view this first 28 years could be perceive as hell because many people at young age are often very fun and adventure-loving. They don't care much about responsibility and stability so person with saturn in 7th may feel inadequate to his/her age as though not many natives see relationships as serious as he/she does. But as age-mates become older they are showing more down-to-earth attitude so getting along with them looks much easier. IMO rejection is mainly an effect of that different attitudes. ...

I can relate to what you're saying 100%. What you say is exactly what I experience. Saturn rules my 7th house. It probably makes more aspects than any other planet for me. It has a square with 1st ruler the Moon (which some consider to be a very bad sign for cooperation etc.) and Venus, but an exact trine from the other Light, the Sun in Aries (10th). I'm approaching my first Saturn return and I can related to the type of youth that you've described. I hope the next stage is easier in that regard. Maturity in a young person is not cool or popular. But helps the 2nd and 3rd stages of life immensely, I predict.

Horus

Yea I'm on the same path, growing old & bitter through time & season, however I also have powerful aspects of pluto to my ascendant so I've been told, so I'm very scorpionic & self destructive from what I'm told...

It's not because of your ASC (which is the social mask we wear) and Pluto's opposition to it which is 10° -a bit too wide to do much of anything. But your Moon (which is just as important as the Sun and represents your emotional self/subconscious mind/soul) is in Scorpio (in its "fall" -worse than detriment) and closely conjunct Pluto, and that might contribute toward self-destructive tendencies, or subconscious self-sabotage if you experience that...and which can be resolved with NLP techniques, hypnotherapy and other inner work -which is what I do as a Scorpio healer.

Horus

I have Venus in Aries in detriment and I don't think I'm ugly. :innocent:

I'm sure you're not and that's a healthy, confident Arian-like thing to say actually! :biggrin: I was once romantically..."entangled" several times with a gorgeous girl who had Venus in Aries. The condition of Venus has nothing to do with appearance. It's relationship to the ascendant might though, so

-Ascendants ruled by Venus like Taurus and Libra,
-Venus conjunct, sextile or trine the Ascendant (which my Arian Venus gal had to her Sag ASC),
-or to the ruler of the ASC,
-or Venus in the 1st house
-or Venus conjunct the Sun

can all confer physical beauty and/or charm and social grace. We have an ongoing thread somewhere at this forum on "Which Rising Sign has the Best Looks" with a host of examples and opinions for those looking for more on this subject.

I have Venus in detrimental Scorpio conjunct Jupiter, the ruler of my ASC. My ASC is also square Pluto which resulted in my being bullied and attacked as a kid until I transmuted the square through inner work on my self-esteem and self-image, developing self-love and self-appreciation, and throwing out some of our dysfunctional society's skewed ideals. Then people will respond better to you regardless of Venus and the ASC.

Some girls have found me very attractive, others not at all if they were looking for something else like a different build, race, style, or attitude (or even Sunsign -lol) -and that's fine. I've known girls who can't stand Leonardo DiCaprio or Johnny Depp too. As Quixotic rightly pointed out "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", and it's best if it's your own eye! Self-validation and self-love first!

mdinaz

I've seen plenty of guys who would be considered physically unattractive yet get plenty of girls. It's not the looks, but the confidence and the attitude. You have moon and venus conjunct pluto and opposite the ascendent. You may come across as emotionally controlling and needy, and with mercury square uranus, argumentative. Those would scare anyone off, their appearance would be irrelevant.

sheerbliss

i am a leo rising with uranus in the 1st house i have venus in aries conjunct jupiter in aries in the 9th and mars sun and saturn in the 7th house do i feel unattractive... hell no!

M

may28gemini

I don't think Venus in any particular sign alone can determine beauty or lack thereof.

Both my parents have debilitated Venus signs. My mother has Virgo Venus and my father has Scorpio Venus. Neither of them are ugly and had plenty of people be very attracted to them. Although, oddly enough, both of them don't think much about their looks and are always surprised with someone shows interest in them. My mother has Venus on the Asc and she's quite beautiful, thin, meticulous looking. My father has Taurus rising with Venus in the 7th opposing his Asc. He's above average height (5'10), thin, well groomed, and reserved.

vitas

I think ascendant tells much more than just venus when it comes to looks, and Im a proof of that. I have Venus in Libra in the 8th, sextile neptune and merc, semi sextile moon. And no there is not a single square or opposition of any kind to it. Someone could say I'm pretty or something, or that I have good taste and sense of fashion.... nah. It is all myth.

Yet, my asc in Aquarius fried my hair when I was born, at times of my life I really looked very androginous. And somehow the aquarius nerdiness weights much more than venus.

Sounds interesting, but I was asking in relations to my natal chart, are there any indicators of such things.... Reason I ask is because I'm an aspiring actor & would like to know if I have what it takes aesthetic wise to be universally appealing...

I've seen plenty of guys who would be considered physically unattractive yet get plenty of girls. It's not the looks, but the confidence and the attitude. You have moon and venus conjunct pluto and opposite the ascendent. You may come across as emotionally controlling and needy, and with mercury square uranus, argumentative. Those would scare anyone off, their appearance would be irrelevant.

LOL should I post a pic?

i am a leo rising with uranus in the 1st house i have venus in aries conjunct jupiter in aries in the 9th and mars sun and saturn in the 7th house do i feel unattractive... hell no!

I have leo fith house trining my ascendant in 15 degrees.

I don't think Venus in any particular sign alone can determine beauty or lack thereof.

Both my parents have debilitated Venus signs. My mother has Virgo Venus and my father has Scorpio Venus. Neither of them are ugly and had plenty of people be very attracted to them. Although, oddly enough, both of them don't think much about their looks and are always surprised with someone shows interest in them. My mother has Venus on the Asc and she's quite beautiful, thin, meticulous looking. My father has Taurus rising with Venus in the 7th opposing his Asc. He's above average height (5'10), thin, well groomed, and reserved.

Right, I however have a strong mars, or out of bounds mars & btw what does height has to do with anything? BTW, here's my chart data again:

5xi.gif

Sun 15°08' Virgo
Moon 2°36' Scorpio
Mercury 17°17' Virgo
Venus 0°33' Scorpio
Mars 16°04' Capricorn
Jupiter 18°14' Я Pisces
Saturn 3°53' Sagittarius
Uranus 18°25' Sagittarius
Neptune 3°03' Я Capricorn
Pluto 5°22' Scorpio
Chiron 21°45' Gemini
Ceres 16°01' Libra
Pallas 22°54' Virgo
Juno 6°16' Sagittarius
Vesta 19°47' Я Aries
Node 21°16' Aries
Lilith 15°43' Gemini
Fortune 27°54' Pisces
AS 15°22' Taurus
MC 26°08' Capricorn

Sun House 5
Moon House 6
Mercury House 5
Venus House 6
Mars House 9
Jupiter House 11
Saturn House 7
Uranus House 8
Neptune House 8
Pluto House 6
Chiron House 2
Ceres House 6
Pallas House 5
Juno House 7
Vesta House 12
Node House 12
Lilith House 2
Fortune House 12

House 1 15°22' Taurus
House 2 13°27' Gemini
House 3 4°59' Cancer
House 4 26°08' Cancer
House 5 21°31' Leo
House 6 27°18' Virgo
House 7 15°22' Scorpio
House 8 13°27' Sagittarius
House 9 4°59' Capricorn
House 10 26°08' Capricorn
House 11 21°31' Aquarius
House 12 27°18' Pisces

Moon Conjunction Venus Orb 2°02'
Sun Conjunction Mercury Orb 2°09'
Moon Conjunction Pluto Orb 2°46'
Venus Conjunction Pluto Orb 4°48'
Mars Conjunction MC Orb 10°04
Mercury Opposite Jupiter Orb 0°57'
Sun Opposite Jupiter Orb 3°06'
Jupiter Square Uranus Orb 0°10'
Mercury Square Uranus Orb 1°07'
Sun Square Uranus Orb 3°17'
Venus Square MC Orb 4°25'
Moon Square MC Orb 6°27'
Sun Trine AS Orb 0°14'
Mars Trine AS Orb 0°41'
Sun Trine Mars Orb 0°56'
Mercury Trine Mars Orb 1°13'
Mercury Trine AS Orb 1°54'
Moon Sextile Neptune Orb 0°27'
Mars Sextile Jupiter Orb 2°10'
Neptune Sextile Pluto Orb 2°18'
Venus Sextile Neptune Orb 2°29'
Jupiter Sextile AS Orb 2°51'
Moon SemiSquare Mercury Orb 0°18'
Sun SemiSquare Venus Orb 0°25'
Moon SemiSquare Uranus Orb 0°49'
Moon SesquiQuadrate Jupiter Orb 0°38'
Jupiter SesquiQuadrate Pluto Orb 2°07'
Moon Quintile Mars Orb 1°28'
Saturn SemiSextile Neptune Orb 0°49'
Moon SemiSextile Saturn Orb 1°16'
Saturn SemiSextile Pluto Orb 1°29'

astrowanderer

I have experienced it that a debilitated Venus not only affects your looks and the way you are perceived but keeps you away from all the pleasures of life, the comforts, the good exotic food and everything that you love and desire for. A badly debilitated Venus is like a woman scorned, not able to live life to her best and not being able to get her rightful place, though she knows well that she is capable of it. Am I right?

Astrowanderer

Attachments

• astrowandererer chart.gif
    astrowandererer chart.gif
    52 KB · Views: 30
M

may28gemini

I have experienced it that a debilitated Venus not only affects your looks and the way you are perceived but keeps you away from all the pleasures of life, the comforts, the good exotic food and everything that you love and desire for. A badly debilitated Venus is like a woman scorned, not able to live life to her best and not being able to get her rightful place, though she knows well that she is capable of it. Am I right?

Astrowanderer

Very fascinating view. I can't say my mother (Virgo Venus) has experienced the "woman scorned" effect as I would consider that she possesses the "it" factor- Mars-Venus conjunction. She's always surprised when she attracts so many men and would say, "I think you've mistaken me for someone else."

As for my father (Scorpio Venus), he definitely feels scorn. First by his fiancee who left him (the woman who came before my mother) and ran off with his best friend. Second is my mother who did not fight him on the divorce and decided to "set him free." He didn't expect my mother to cut him loose after nearly 30 years of marriage and still to this day feels extremely angry over it (they've been divorced for 10 years now).

You may be onto something...

M

may28gemini

Right, I however have a strong mars, or out of bounds mars & btw what does height has to do with anything? BTW, here's my chart data again:

Just because I mentioned my father's height doesn't mean I'm saying anything directed at you or even about you. I was only talking about my father who has Venus detriment to prove a general point. [deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

virgo18

I have Venus in Scorpio conjunct Pluto too, and opposite Taurus Moon. Imagine that.
Well I have noticed that Venus has a little to do about your physical features. I know people with a very strong Venus who are not beautiful (according to the beauty standards nowadays). But they have a charm that make's them attractive. I think it's about the attitude that the nature of your Venus wake up in you.
What it is true about Venus in fall or detriment, or bad aspected is that, it will surely make you be very insecure, specially in your teenage years and some of your young adult years, until you learn to love yourself. I mean, you can be very beautiful but having a weak Venus maybe you won't project that charm and self love that strong Venus people have naturally. You'll have to work harder in your self worth. It is an extra work you have in this life.

It is like someone with strong Venus who is not very graceful in physical features but they invest time in their manners, dressing, and always tries to look good for itself it will be more attractive to other people than someone who is very beautiful and has it Venus very weak and so feel apathetic in the way they look, and they don't care about manners.

If you don't appreciate yourself, then who?

Last edited:

mdinaz

LOL should I post a pic?

I went with a friend once to a rock concert. He said we were going to meet another friend of his on the way, have some pizza, and then the other dude would drive. I'd never met the other guy before. This guy looked like a combination of Carrot-Top and the kid in the movie "Mask". Not physically attractive at all. Yet, while we were in the pizza restaurant, he started flirting with our waitress, who was really beautiful. Within the hour he had her phone number and they dated for months. The guy was a master. I'm telling you, looks are largely irrelevant, there are plenty of girls who will respond to personality and confidence. This is why ugly band dudes get chicks. Heck, this is why some ugly dudes join bands.