Two big questions

PlutorisingLee

Dear forum members,
I was reading my past threads and replies and truly I'm grateful for all I learned here. I am at a crossroads in my life and would like to seek some ideas or advice.
I am currently healing after a difficult breakup and also trying to get life in order before the first Saturn Return.

My two questions relate to the important choices I must make.
If you have any ideas for either of my questions I'd be so grateful.

Question 1 Should I become a teacher or a school counselor?
Both are attractive to me but I'm not sure which is a better fit.

Question 2 What characteristics would an imaginary good partner for me KEY WORDS for qualities they posses?

Attachments

• Natal.jpg
    Natal.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Harmelia

Dear forum members,
I was reading my past threads and replies and truly I'm grateful for all I learned here. I am at a crossroads in my life and would like to seek some ideas or advice.
I am currently healing after a difficult breakup and also trying to get life in order before the first Saturn Return.

My two questions relate to the important choices I must make.
If you have any ideas for either of my questions I'd be so grateful.

Question 1 Should I become a teacher or a school counselor?
Both are attractive to me but I'm not sure which is a better fit.

Question 2 What characteristics would an imaginary good partner for me KEY WORDS for qualities they posses?

Question 1 is a hard choice, only because I think you'd be good at either. But I think you might be happier doing counseling. If you get a counseling degree, you also have more options as to how you use that degree in the USA. You have Scorpio Moon - and this is good for psychology for sure and then planets (Venus. Mercury) in the 8th. You can go deep. However, Taurus Sun doesn't like to go so deep, so I suppose you might feel some resistance.

I think that's the question you need to ask yourself - how comfortable will you be dealing with emotional issues people have? A good teacher always uses psychology so the two roles only differ in how it is used. Virgo rising is good for both roles, but Mercury is in 8th - more the counselor - but Taurus is less the counselor. I think either would be satisfying. I think you should go through the day to day details of each job - role play - and see how both of them feel to you.

Taurus Sun in 9th with Virgo rising might be more the teacher. Taurus will like the busy work and will like teaching there. 9th house sun is more extroverted - will like to expand oneself and have a variety of things to do. Which profession will you feel like you can grow with and expand in? You really want to be able to grow with your profession. Some 9th house people like to travel too. If you think you'd like to travel, perhaps teaching is better as there'd be more opportunity to do that in other countries. Maybe journal about all your hopes and dreams and see which one might serve you best.

Question 2 - you want a guy with a Pisces feel - someone you can relax with - feel a spiritual connection with - someone who isn't busy busy busy all the time (because you are). Your 7th house has Pisces on the cusp and the traditional ruler is Jupiter in the 12th. You'll like someone who can dream, imagine, create, and inspire you. He might be quite empathic. You don't want a Type A personality. You want someone who is more relaxed.

Last edited:

wan

Question 2: depends on if you are a guy or a girl. If the former I'd look at your Venus and Moon. If latter, Mars and possibly Sun.

Question 1: I think it depends on how comfortable you are speaking in front of a group of people, which is what being a teacher entails. Some people really can't handle that---like me, for one. Personally I would choose school counselor, because it's one on one. It's easier on my psyche. But maybe you are an outgoing sort of person who enjoys being the centre of attention.

Last edited:

PlutorisingLee

I think that's the question you need to ask yourself - how comfortable will you be dealing with emotional issues people have?

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I think it can be draining long-term. I am more worried about having to implement ideas from my "boss" and not my own. Having that element of flexibility and independence about what I teach or counsel is really important to me.
It is my dream to make something "grow" in the work place. A vary Taurus like thing :wink:
Question 2 - you want a guy with a Pisces feel - someone you can relax with - feel a spiritual connection with - someone who isn't busy busy busy all the time (because you are). Your 7th house has Pisces on the cusp and the traditional ruler is Jupiter in the 12th. You'll like someone who can dream, imagine, create, and inspire you. He might be quite empathic. You don't want a Type A personality. You want someone who is more relaxed.
I agree with that although I'd add someone with a very strong moral character and who likes a little bit of challenge.
I have made the mistake of trying to forge a golden character (in myself and in my partner) through a relationship. I realize I'm better off starting off with someone who is already a good character and pure of heart and growing from that foundation.

I am trying to be more concrete about what is a Pisces-like personality? My fantasy ideal is probably George Harrison. A Pisces Sun with a Scorpio Moon.
"spiritual" can be any sign and "empathic" can also be any sign.
So perhaps...Can't grasp a Pisces.

Where or through what am I best meeting this person?

Jupiter in 12th...In hospitals, mental health programs and retreats? :unsure:
Neptune in the 4th...In my hometown and through family?:pouty:

On a more spiritual level...Maybe it means that I have to stay connected to my values and spirituality to meet the right person?
My partners so far all came from different lands and cultures.

I am trying to make a visualisation of the right person to better connect to what it means.

Last edited:

Harmelia

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I think it can be draining long-term. I am more worried about having to implement ideas from my "boss" and not my own. Having that element of flexibility and independence about what I teach or counsel is really important to me.
It is my dream to make something "grow" in the work place. A vary Taurus like thing :wink:

I agree with that although I'd add someone with a very strong moral character and who likes a little bit of challenge.
I have made the mistake of trying to forge a golden character (in myself and in my partner) through a relationship. I realize I'm better off starting off with someone who is already a good character and pure of heart and growing from that foundation.

I am trying to be more concrete about what is a Pisces-like personality? My fantasy ideal is probably George Harrison. A Pisces Sun with a Scorpio Moon.
"spiritual" can be any sign and "empathic" can also be any sign.
So perhaps...Can't grasp a Pisces.

Where or through what am I best meeting this person?

Jupiter in 12th...In hospitals, mental health programs and retreats? :unsure:
Neptune in the 4th...In my hometown and through family?:pouty:

On a more spiritual level...Maybe it means that I have to stay connected to my values and spirituality to meet the right person?
My partners so far all came from different lands and cultures.

I am trying to make a visualisation of the right person to better connect to what it means.

I think you're on the right track with not trying to grow another person in a relationship. It usually doesn't work. They have to do it themselves - already be on a path that you like. I also like your thought that staying true to yourself , your values, and your own spiritual path will draw you to the right person. I also think you need to let go of your visualizations and desires after you've done that work - you've set your intention - and then you need to trust in god or the universe - or however you think of your higher power or soul-spirit - to do its magic. When we strive and strive and strive toward something, we can push it away. There needs to be trust and faith so we can relax and allow it to come. That's just how I look at it.

PlutorisingLee

I think you're on the right track with not trying to grow another person in a relationship. It usually doesn't work. They have to do it themselves - already be on a path that you like. I also like your thought that staying true to yourself , your values, and your own spiritual path will draw you to the right person. I also think you need to let go of your visualizations and desires after you've done that work - you've set your intention - and then you need to trust in god or the universe - or however you think of your higher power or soul-spirit - to do its magic. When we strive and strive and strive toward something, we can push it away. There needs to be trust and faith so we can relax and allow it to come. That's just how I look at it.

That is a beautiful approach :love:

Personally, I know I tend to become attracted to people with very real issues (psychopathy, personality disorders to name a few) and I am able to know why I am attracted to that/be more careful. I know how and why this happens and and how to avoid or choose to not avoid these interactions on my path on becoming more healthy and mature.

What I am attempting to do here is try and define my GREEN FLAGS in people. I don't want to just avoid "danger" because that in itself is very limited and doesn't lead to happiness in love.
Keeping an open heart and mind is happiness for me...Unlike fear.

I am also trying to define what I NEED and not what I find attractive. Things I would die without in a long term healthy relationship. I think everyone has their own unique green flags beyond the basics of "communication, respect and etc..."

So what would be Neptune in the 4th green flags?

Neptune good qualities: Empathy, intuition, open mind, creativity, connected to higher power.

Last edited:

PlutorisingLee

Note- I'm trying to understand where in the natal chart the circumstances/personality development needed in order to find a good partner are located.

For example, I know a woman who has Mars in Leo and a Sun in the first house. She was single for a long time until she started to go out more and go to theater shows where she met her husband.
Leo-5th house and the first house of being seen.

Another example, my friend has Mars in Scorpio in the 12th house and met her husband through physical therapy.

katydid

Note- I'm trying to understand where in the natal chart the circumstances/personality development needed in order to find a good partner are located.

For example, I know a woman who has Mars in Leo and a Sun in the first house. She was single for a long time until she started to go out more and go to theater shows where she met her husband.
Leo-5th house and the first house of being seen.

Another example, my friend has Mars in Scorpio in the 12th house and met her husband through physical therapy.

If we were looking at your chart, with that equation in mind, I'd say you need to hire a personal trainer..[Mars in Aries in your 7th]:biggrin:

Just kidding, kind of...but I would say you could meet someone while doing sports or physical pursuits. Do you work out or play tennis or run, or something along those lines?

Harmelia

That is a beautiful approach :love:

Personally, I know I tend to become attracted to people with very real issues (psychopathy, personality disorders to name a few) and I am able to know why I am attracted to that/be more careful. I know how and why this happens and and how to avoid or choose to not avoid these interactions on my path on becoming more healthy and mature.

What I am attempting to do here is try and define my GREEN FLAGS in people. I don't want to just avoid "danger" because that in itself is very limited and doesn't lead to happiness in love.
Keeping an open heart and mind is happiness for me...Unlike fear.

I am also trying to define what I NEED and not what I find attractive. Things I would die without in a long term healthy relationship. I think everyone has their own unique green flags beyond the basics of "communication, respect and etc..."

So what would be Neptune in the 4th green flags?

Neptune good qualities: Empathy, intuition, open mind, creativity, connected to higher power.

👍 🙏 Sounds like positive Pisces/Neptune.

PlutorisingLee

If we were looking at your chart, with that equation in mind, I'd say you need to hire a personal trainer..[Mars in Aries in your 7th]:biggrin:

Just kidding, kind of...but I would say you could meet someone while doing sports or physical pursuits. Do you work out or play tennis or run, or something along those lines?

Oh that's an idea! Made me laugh a bit...
Actually, whenever I date someone I suddenly become active and sporty. I also do tend to date very sporty men...But so far they weren't compatible on the values or emotional maturity department.

I like the idea I can meet someone through sports...But what would Jupiter/Neptune add to that puzzle?

Virgo/Pisces/Capricorn/Cancer aquipations?

I'm also wondering wether the 4th house is my mother or my father. The first, naturally has been really adamant to set me up with people who are "on your social level, stop dating edgy people."