Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

david starling

Blackbery, have you seriously looked into New Zealand immigration requirements?

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/options/live-permanently/all-resident-visas

Unless you're married to a New Zealander, highly skilled in an in-demand occupation, a wealthy investor, or a Pacific Islander, it might not be so easy.

Ethnic tensions are everywhere. Perhaps you've read up on the Maori. They have a social justice movement, as well.

Maybe come to where David or I live, in rocking chairs, wrapped in quilts......

I'm still rockin' in the Free World!

Dirius

One cannot so conclude because it would be false. You might do us the courtesy of asking what we think prior to making such negative assumptions.

Obviously I don't support violence: I have repeatedly referred to the First Amendment's guarantee of the right to "peaceable assembly."

Nobody was destroying the Lincoln Memorial.

My personal feeling-- along with Senator Tammy Duckworth-- is that we need a national dialogue on how we memorialize our past.

Andrew Jackson was not only a slave holder, but he presided over bloodshed in the forced dispossession of Native Americans via the Indian Removal Act. Donald Trump admires him, though.

I see no need for statues of Confederate generals, personally, but I think there is a place for them in museums, where they can be better interpreted in the context of our nation's past. I don't think they belong in public squares.

An analogy would be Germany. Museums that I visited do interpret the Nazi past, but they don't put statues of Nazi leaders in public squares.

Because your position is contradictory, and you either minimize or enlarge the issue to suit your posts.

First you claim that the instances of violence within the movement are few or isolated cases.

But then you admit the cities are burning and violence has erupted - and you blame Trump. Suddenly they are violent, if Trump can be made responsible.

Donald Trump plays golf and watches Fox News while cities burn. The Black Lives Matter protests occurred under his watch. He has done nothing to bring Americans together.

Last edited:

david starling

Using that simile, this widespread violence and acrimony, along with the failure to adopt a national policy to help contain the Covid-19 epidemic, are evidence of the efficacy of the malware.

JUPITERASC

Seriously.
Wow, taking
Siriusly
....words I said a long time ago
and presenting them out of context.
Your motives in a discussion are pure...
you are entitled to your Siriusly so pure opinion :smile:
i.e.
the following words were said yesterday

Floyd was a depraved human being

on the contrary :smile:

who was murdered by another depraved human being.

These people are irrelevant.
Siriusly your opinion just yesterday :smile:

blackbery

I agree. People can't dismiss the violence on one hand and then claim that the president is to blame for the carnage. As you and I have both explained, the Tenth Amendment of the Constitution prevents the president from over-riding the state's leaders. And in ALL of the cases where the BLM are out of control, they are Democratic leaders.

I don't think one billion dollars of damage is nothing!:unsure:

That's the minimum damage amount they are accounting to the BLM 'peaceful protests' where building were burned to the ground, looting and smash and grab all over the country. In NY, many of the high-end stores are boarded up and empty. They are not going to open until they know they aren't going to be looted and windows smashed. Parts of the city look like a third world country, graffiti and people staying away.

And gun violence spiking higher and higher in urban areas of the country.
Only going to get worse with police 'defunding', no new cops being hired, hundreds leaving over the country in masses.

Once again, it's the poor and the minorities that are suffering the economic fallout and victims of the violence while the woke white liberals remain safe and secure in their suburbs and rural areas. All over the country gun sales have sky-rocketed and that's a sign that citizens can no longer rely on the police to help them out for they won't be there when they call emergency.

Gun and ammunition sales soar as defund-the-police movement grows

These type of households that support the 2nd Amendment are majority Republican. So the BLM is driving up support for Trump and Trump re-election 2020 looking more & more likely. :lol::lol::lol:

Because your position is contradictory, and you either minimize or enlarge the issue to suit your posts.

First you claim that the instances of violence within the movement are few or isolated cases.

But then you admit the cities are burning and violence has erupted - and you blame Trump. Suddenly they are violent, if Trump can be made responsible.

blackbery

They will welcome me and my family with open arms, no worries about that. :happy:

Blackbery, have you seriously looked into New Zealand immigration requirements?

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/options/live-permanently/all-resident-visas

Unless you're married to a New Zealander, highly skilled in an in-demand occupation, a wealthy investor, or a Pacific Islander, it might not be so easy.

Ethnic tensions are everywhere. Perhaps you've read up on the Maori. They have a social justice movement, as well.

Maybe come to where David or I live, in rocking chairs, wrapped in quilts......

blackbery

Trump put a stop to it before they could destroy it. Up to ten years in prison was a big deterrent. But not before they destroyed Frederick Douglass Statue who is a famous abolitionist. :crying:

BLM just destroys what THEY don't like, no civil discourse, just terrorists and anarchists trying to eradicate American History. Which I know very well and dialogues HAVE been taking place & directions to go regarding Confederate monuments. But BLM not interested in ANY history being preserved including the Founding Fathers. They don't get to destroy statues of former presidents because that's what they want to do. We live in a democracy although they want to destroy that too.

They also destroyed symbols of the Christian faith and their churches. They are defacing anything they don't like with no regard or respect for people of faith.

Islamic mosques are not being targeted. Buddhist and Hindu temples are being left alone. It’s Christianity and the Bible that are under attack. Under the illusion of racial equality by the Black Lives Matter revolution,

BHAZ — Black House Autonomous Zone — has been spray painted on the columns of the historic St. John’s church outside the White House.

The Black Madonna and baby Jesus were vandalized by Black Lives Matter protesters.

At BYU the statue of Brigham Young himself was vandalized last week...which is awfully close to that for a lot of Mormons.

Seattle’s Statue of Washington Destroyed, Statue of Lenin Untouched
:crying:

https://caldronpool.com/seattles-statue-of-washington-destroyed-statue-of-lenin-untouched/

Nobody was destroying the Lincoln Memorial.

blackbery

More violence in NY when the police joined with black and minority clergy in a peaceful march for unity in the city.

As the march started, a diverse group of faith leaders — Christian, Muslim, Jewish — and law enforcement, police unions, Black Veterans for For Social Justice, and citizens came together. They all gathered at Cadman Plaza to call for a stop to the violence in the city and to have deeper conversations about racial justice and police reforms.

They were attacked by BLM.

NYPD Chief Monahan Among Injured As Counter Protesters Disrupt Peaceful Unity March Over Brooklyn Bridge.

NYPD NEWS
@NYPDnews
· 23h
Three officers violently attacked by protesters crossing the Brooklyn Bridge. The officers sustained serious injuries.

waybread

Actually Dirius, I think you misunderstand me. And American cities are not burning at present.

I am old enough to have lived through several cycles of riots in American cities, starting in the 1960s. The violence shouldn't have happened, obviously; but my point is that they tend to flare up and then quiet down. Further, although demonstrations may be intimidating to those who hold opposite political views, the overwhelming majority are peaceful.

Let's also recall Ghandi's call to passive resistance and the First Amendment's guarantee of the right to peaceful protests. Yes, the police may arrest demonstrators in such situations, but the demonstrators are not physically violent.

My dig against Trump was in response to an ad that his campaign ran against Joe Biden; as well as serious complaints that he made against Barack Obama.

You can see the campaign ad here: https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...-to-defund-police-effort-warns-americans-wont

Obviously the Trump campaign ad argues that Biden has something to do with burning cities. So they seem to think a president has some control over such events.

You can read about Trump's criticism of Barack Obama during the Ferguson riots here: https://www.newsweek.com/trump-blamed-weak-leadership-washington-ferguson-riots-1507312

Apparently Trump himself does think a president has some control over such events.

Dirius

Actually Dirius, I think you misunderstand me. And American cities are not burning at present.

They were. And you yourself admitted to it. Hundreds of businesses ransacked and looted, destroyed or burned. Thats the work of more than just "a few people" - and in fact in some areas, every "protestors" seemed to be taking advantage of the situation.

For example, the people who established the CHAZ autonomous-zone were in the hundreds. They were not isolated cases of some random agitator pushing for violence. Truth is the majority of the protestors were violet. There were some groups in some cities were peaceful though, but this seems to have been the exception, not the rule.

You keep pushing the CNN narrative of "peaceful protestors". There is plenty of evidence they were not. About 9300 arrests in total so far, connected to the riots. [deleted personal attack - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

blackbery

The BLM may have stopped burning buildings to the ground and causing one billion dollars worth of property damage in the country (which I guess is okay with the woke liberals!) but there are protests on de-funding the police going on in the urban cities. Yesterday, BLM attacked peaceful march in Brookly,
Portland another riot two days ago. Huge increase in gun violence due to BLM demand to de-fund the police.

Damage $400–500 million in the Twin Cities area. Other cities combined over $500 million. NOT what the country needs.

George Floyd protests could be most expensive civil disturbance in US history, experts say
Prior to 2020, the costliest civil disorder event in U.S. were the 1992 Los Angeles riots.

Hope the white, woke protesters ready to rebuild the communities they destroyed. Oh, no, wait. They've all run back to their safe, white neighbourhoods with their quilts to wrap them up at night and left the black and minority groups to deal with the expense and the fallout.

CNN does not report any of this. Still refers to the protests as 'peaceful' and moved on from the enormous cost, the lives lost and the damage to police departments.

https://youtu.be/-kt5ALeWv4U

Yesterday, the National Association of Police put their full support behind president Trump for re-election. They are not a far-right
group, they have supported Obama and Biden.

National Association of Police Organizations endorses Trump

“Our endorsement recognizes your steadfast and very public support for our men and women on the front lines, especially during this time of unfair and inaccurate opprobrium being directed at our members by so many,” wrote the group’s president, Michael McHale.

They did not endorse him in 2016. This election they know he's the only candidate that will stand up to protect their lives.

They were. And you yourself admitted to it. Hundres of businesses ransacked and looted, destroyed or burned. Thats the work of more than just "a few people" - and in fact in some areas, every "protestors" seemed to be taking advantage of the situation.

For example, the people who established the CHAZ autonomous-zone were in the hundreds. They were not isolated cases of some random agitator pushing for violence. Truth is the majority of the protestors were violet. There were some groups in some cities were peaceful though, but this seems to have been the exception, not the rule.

You are being dishonest, and you keep pushing the CNN narrative of "peaceful protestors". There is plenty of evidence they were not. About 9300 arrests in total so far, connected to the riots.

Last edited:

david starling

They were. And you yourself admitted to it. Hundres of businesses ransacked and looted, destroyed or burned. Thats the work of more than just "a few people" - and in fact in some areas, every "protestors" seemed to be taking advantage of the situation.

You are being dishonest, and you keep pushing the CNN narrative of "peaceful protestors". There is plenty of evidence they were not. About 9300 arrests in total so far, connected to the riots.

Dirius, you're getting a "media eye view" of events. Of course the media is going to create the most extreme impression possible in order to boost their ratings.

david starling

I'm really blaming it all on the current astrological configuration. Mars in tropical Aries is on the way to squaring Saturn in Capricorn, so the worst isn't over yet. This sort of violence is nihilistic, not a political "agenda".

waybread

They will welcome me and my family with open arms, no worries about that. :happy:

Have a safe journey and a happy landing.

If your understanding of the United States is as terrified as you indicate, maybe you would be happier in an isolated small country.

Having lived through a few cycles of riots followed by calm, I apparently have more faith in the United States to create a more just and supportive society.

waybread

Dirius, you're getting a "media eye view" of events. Of course the media is going to create the most extreme impression possible in order to boost their ratings.

Dirius, I also have to point out that the population of the United States currently stands at 328.2 million. And you think a few thousand rioters, let alone a few hundred, is really significant?? Almost by definition, people who engage in this sort of violence are not people with serious political power.

For that you have to look at the monied class, and the ordinary folks who show up by the millions to vote.

By comparison, thanks to Trump's woeful mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic, as of today, the US has nearly 3.5 millions total cases, with over 67,000 just in the last day. Nearly 137,000 people have died. Many of these deaths could have been prevented with proper pandemic preparation.

It's time for a little perspective.

Dirius

Dirius, I also have to point out that the population of the United States currently stands at 328.2 million. And you think a few thousand rioters, let alone a few hundred, is really significant?? Almost by definition, people who engage in this sort of violence are not people with serious political power.

For that you have to look at the monied class, and the ordinary folks who show up by the millions to vote.

By comparison, thanks to Trump's woeful mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic, as of today, the US has nearly 3.5 millions total cases, with over 67,000 just in the last day. Nearly 137,000 people have died. Many of these deaths could have been prevented with proper pandemic preparation.

It's time for a little perspective.

Ok then so you admit the rioters were in the "few thousands" - ergo, not peaceful protestors.

It wasn't Trump sending sick people to nursing homes. It was 5 governors doing that, all democrats.

Trump provided financial aid, hospital ships, and promoted a drug which was proven to be succesful in curing the disease. This was rejected mostly by democrat governors and the media. The U.S. actually handled the pandemic pretty well, except for a few useless governors.

Last edited: